Bad Intentions {TVD}

By SammyjVega

Alina Gilbert is one of those people that you can't tell is hurting, but her twin sister, Elena? She basks in... More

{Epigraph}
{Cast}
{Season 1}
I. The beginning
II. The Falls
III. Okay?
IV. Brother Salvatore
V. Young love
VI. Dinner parties suck.
VII. Football and Fights
VIII. Wrong
IX. Not afraid
X. Death
XI. Mistakes
XII. Okay
XIII. Ruin Me
XIV. All i can do is grieve
XV. Hear me
XVI. Adopted.
XVII. It'll be alright
XVIII. No rest for the wicked
XIX. What trickery
XX. The Bachelors
XXI. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
XXII. Open Doors
XXIII. Who is in control
XXIV. Pageant queens
XXV. Family
XXVI. The she-devil
XXVII.Founders Day
-- Season 2 --
XXVIII. Ding dong the bitch is back
XXIX. Survival of the fittest
XXX. A full moon
XXXI. All the good times
XXXII. Kill or Be Killed
XXXIII. Always have a backup
XXXIV. Hide and Seek
XXXV. A flower
XXXVI. The Evil Doppel-bitch
XXXVII. Till death do we part
XXXVIII. A Full Moon
XXXIX. And All Hell Broke Loose
XL. Daddy Issues
XLI. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
XLII. Family Dinner
XLIII. The Unwelcomed Guest
XLV. A dance to remember
XLVI. Klaus
XLVII. Last Chance
XLVIII. A new dawn
XLIX. A new day
L. If i lay here
~Season 3~
LI. Blow out your candles
LII. The hybrid dick
LIII. The moral of the story
LIV. Temper tantrums
LV. And the truth comes out
LVI. Teenage dream
LVII. The other side
LVIII. Day to Daylife
LIX. Another Dance
LX. Read the Fine Print
LXI. This Town
LXII. Bonds will be broken
LXIII. The Living Dead
LXIV. Danger Comes in All Shapes and Sizes
LXV. The Mikaelsons
LXVI. 1912
LXVII. Come on in
LXVIII. Murder for one
LXIX. Jar of Hearts
LXX. Don't be so Soft
LXXI. And the Sun Sets
LXXII. Dearly Departed
-- Season 4 --
LXXIII. Out With the Old, in With the New
LXXIV. In Loving Memory
LXXV. Back from the Dead
LXXVI. The Brotherhood of the Five
LXXVII. Murder was the Case That They Gave Me
LXXVIII. As Crazy as the Mad Hatter
LXXIX. The Keeper of Keys
LXXX. New Orleans
LXXXI. Faith and Hope Suck
LXXXII. Detention
LXXXIII. Run, Run as Fast as You Can
LXXXIV. Murder's a common occurrence
LXXXV. Where the Wild Things Are
LXXXVI. Way down we go
LXXXVII. Please Stay
LXXXIX. Cheerleader
XC. Nightfall
XCI. A second chance
XCII. Photographs
XCIII. Humanity for the win
XCIV. A game of survival
XCV. Cap n' Gown
AN
!!New Book!!

XLIV. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer

542 13 1
By SammyjVega

   "You've got to be kidding me..." I glare. Isobel sighs, looking between Elena and i as Jenna looks at us in shock. 

      "It once to see you girls, again," Isobel says with a soft smile that was obviously fake. Elena slowly walked forward as i stayed in my spot by the stairs. 

    "Again?" Jenna frowns looking to Elena. Elena gives her a look, not sure what to say. 

     "So you're the woman who's dating my husband." Isobel hums, looking back to Jenna. I watch as Jenna takes a deep breath and i narrow my eyes at Isobel. "I need to speak to the girls, may i come in?" 

     "No." I state firmly, "Jenna, don't invite her in." Jenna looks back at me, slightly confused. 

    "I need to talk to you two, Alina." Isobel sighs. I walk towards the door, grabbing the handle. 

      "No." I glare, slamming the door shut. I stare at the closed door, slowly turning around to see Jenna teary-eyed. 

     "You knew she was still alive?" Jenna asks shakily. 

"She's dead to me," I mutter, rushing up the stairs. The hate i have for Isobel is pure. She left me, she left her twin daughters because she was selfish. I hear Jenna's door slam and i jump slightly. 

     "Jenna, you have to take to me. I- I need to explain what's going on." I hear Elena plead. "Jenna, please." I stay silent, sitting on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Isobel literally is ruining my life...

__________________________________________________

       I sigh, opening the door. "Hey, is she up yet?" Alaric asks, walking in. Elena walks down the stairs and sighs. 

    "Nope, she won't come out of her room." Elena frowns. 

"What's you guys tell her?" 

      "Nothing. She won't talk to us." Elena shrugs. 

"Girls, we're gonna have to fix this." Alaric frowns. I nod, looking up, seeing Jenna. 

     "Hey." Elena and i smile. 

"Jenna." 

       "I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Jenna mutters, not acknowledging me or Elena. She drops her bag to the floor, moving the living room. 

     "I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Ric sympathized. 

     "Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it." Jenna sassed with a nod.

     "Where are you going?" I frown, noticing her bag is too big just to be a purse. 

     "I'm going to stay on campus." Jenna shrugs, putting on her jacket. "I have a thesis to write, and i don't want to be in this house." She deadpans. 

     "You're joking..." I laugh, shaking my head. 

"Jenna, please just stop." Ric pleads. "Let us explain to you exactly what's going on." 

     "Elena, Alina, i need you to go to the Lockwoods' today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation." Jenna tells us, "One of you needs to do it." 

     "Okay, but, Jenna, please just-" Elena started, being cut off by Jenna. 

     "I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from either of you." She says, her voice cracking as she glares at us. I shake my head, tears in my eyes. I can't lose Jenna. She slams the door shut and i look down to the floor. 

   "Jenna, just-" Elena says, moving to the door. 

"Let her go." I spin around seeing John. My day just got worse. "It's better that she's not here, what with everything that's going on. But maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning, this-" Ric moves forward, punching John in the nose. I gasp, pulling Ric back as John stumbles back. 

    "Sorry, girls." Ric apologizes, leaving the house. I let out a little laugh, looking back to John, who now has a bloody nose. 

     "You know all of this is your fault, right?" I question, crossing my arms as Elena still stands there in shock. 

    "Right," he mutters, nodding. 

"I suggest you get the hell out of our house." I glare, ushering Elena upstairs with me. 

__________________________________________________

    I lay on Elena's bed as she sits next to me, playing with my hair. Stefan's supposed to be here soon, i hear footsteps, knowing it's probably Stefan. He walks into the room, shooting us a small smile, his phone pressed to his ear. "All right, listen. You have to find him. You have to calm him down. Compel him if you have to. Is he still on the vervain?" 

    Apparently, Caroline had to save Matt because Jonas tried to kill him, and when he woke up Caroline told him about vampires and he freaked out and now she can't find him. 

     "Hey, how are you guys feeling?" Stefan says with a small smile, sitting on the edge of the bed. 

     "It's bad." Elena frowns, "Between Isobel and Jenna and now Matt, this is disaster bad." I nod along with Elena's statement. 

     "Yeah." Stefan nods." I look up, seeing John in the doorway. My eyes narrow at him and he sighs. 

     "Girls, can you come downstairs. I need to talk to the two of you." John sighs.    

     "We have nothing to say to you." Elena glares. 

"Please, it's important." John pleads. "You, too, Stefan." We all look at each other somewhat confused but nonetheless, got up and walked down the stairs. I land on the wood and look into the kitchen seeing Isobel. I clench my job, balling my fists at my sides. 

     "I asked John for a do-over." She states. Elena and i look back at John. 

     "You invited her in?" Elena seethes. 

"She has information about Klaus." He tells us, putting his hands in his pockets. "Please, just listen to her, okay?" Elena and i look to Stefan who moves in front of us. 

     "All right. What do you know?" Stefan asks, glaring at Isobel as well. Isobel moves over to the table and i sigh following, staying by the island. 

     "Since i was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he found you two." I hate the sound of her voice, it sounds so fake and it makes me want to rip my ears out. 

     "Best chance at what?" Stefan questions. 

"Keeping Alina and Elena alive," John tells him. 

      "Shut up, you don't get to talk." I glare. "Not after everything you've done." 

    "Were you able to find Klaus?" Stefan asks, hands on his hips. Sassy Stefan... okay. 

     "No. Nobody knows where he is, but there are these rumors that are flying around that a doppelganger and a shadow self exists." She says looking between Elena and i. 

     "Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture the both of you." John states. My eyes stay focused on John but i can feel Elena and Stefan's eyes on me. 

    "I'm not buying any of this." Elena shrugs. "The last time that you were here, you made it clear you didn't give a damn about us. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe you want to help?" Elena scoffs. 

    "She's not wrong." I shrug. 

"Isobel's been helping all along." John defends. Elena and i give him a look, rolling our eyes. "Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was anyone of those 1846 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive, and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you two were bound to be discovered, so we killed them." He explains.  

     "And almost got me, Stefan and Damon killed in the process." I sass. 

     "That wasn't part of the plan... well killing you wasn't." John sighs. 

       "Look, i have a safe house i can you both too. The deed is in your guys' names. No vampires can get in without your permission, not even me." Isobel states. Elena and i share a look, "Let me help you." She pleads. 

     "You wanna help?" I ask, she nods and i smirk. "Then get the hell out of my house, and never come back." 

__________________________________________________

        I cling closer to Damon, both of us sitting on the loveseat in the library. "Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelganger and the shadow self?" Elena questions. 

    "Look, i don't trust a word that she says, but i think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning." Stefan sighed, looking over to Damon and i. 

    "You know, you guys should just stay here," Damon states, playing with my hand. I look up at him, furrowing my brows. "It's better for us to keep an eye on the two of you." I readjust myself, thinking about it. I did kind of live her before... it's kind of nice. 

     "What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No." Stefan argues. "Their house is safer." 

     "Well, then we'll stay there." Damon shrugs. Stefan shrugs too and i laugh, sitting up. 

     "So it that the plan? Neither of you will let us out of your sights again?" I question. "I love you guys, but seeing you every day, all day, that isn't going to work." 

    "Well then, let me know when you come up with a better one." Damon teases, pulling me back to him. 

    "Fine, then the two of you are going to have to come with us to the Lockwood Luncheon." Elena states. 

     "Okay." Stefan nods. 

"Uh, actually, i have witch stuff to attend to with Bonnie..." Damon states. "So you'll have to watch both of them."

    "Or i could just go with you." I shrug, "Both of us don't have to go." Damon nods, liking the idea of me being with him. 

    "So does that mean you're taking her to the-" Elena starts being cut off by Damon putting a finger to his lips. 

     "Don't get quiet on my account." Katherine hums, walking into the room. "If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell." She smirks. I roll my eyes, Katherine's a manipulative bitch, there's no way she's on our side. We all ignore her and she huffs, "Seriously, what is the plan to get us out of this mess?" 
     We all keep silent and she groans. 

   "I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me..." 

     "No, we have it." Damon nods.

"Where is it?" Katherine questions. 

      "It's in a very safe place," Damon smirks. I give a little laugh, knowing how stupid where it's hiding place is. 

   "I've been honest with you. Time to return the favor." She demands. 

     "Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust." Damon states. I cover up my laugh with a cough, earning a glare from Katherine. 

    "Fine," She huffs, "Be that way." I give her a little wave as she walks away. 

    "God i do hate that bitch." 

__________________________________________________

        Damon, Jeremy, Bonnie and I all walk through the woods to the Massacre sight, "Is this where Emily was killed too?" Jeremy asks. 

    "Founders thought it was poetic." Damon hums, "Burning her where the other witches were burned." 

     "How do you know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie questions, looking over to Damon. 

    "Cause i tried to save her," Damon answers simply. "Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before i knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was." Jeremy lets out a laugh as i smirk. I look over seeing a huge house and my eyes widen. Damon hums and we all look over to it. 

       I stare at the house, growing slightly, getting a weird vibe from the house. "You sure it's the right place?" Jeremy asks. Damon nods, looking around before leading us towards the house. Damon pushes the door open, the four of us walking in.  I look around the house seeing how torn up it was. This house has definitely been here a while. 
    I sigh, taking a step, a floorboard cracking from underneath me. I let out a little yelp, Jeremy pulling me towards him. Damon turns around and i give him a small smile. He holds his hand out for me and i quickly take it. 

     We walk through a doorway, looking around the decrepit room. I look through the windows, looking back to Damon as he grunts. He can't move. I frown and he chuckles. 

      "Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't," Damon states, looking to Bonnie. "It's not funny."

    "I'm not doing anything," Bonnie states, shaking her head. 

"Well, i can't move." Suddenly i hear a sizzling sound and that's when i notice Damon's burning, but he has his ring on... "My rings not working," he grunts. "Do something." He pleads. He lets out a cough and i move over, taking off my jacket and covering his face. Finally, Damon moves forward and i sigh in relief. 

     "I don't think the witches like you being here." Bonnie shrugs. 

     "I guess this is the right place." I hum. 

"I'm gonna go outside, and you're coming with me," Damon states, pulling me with him. I give Bonnie and Jeremy a look, before exiting the house.  

     "I guess witches don't like you."I laugh. Damon hums as we stand outside, and i look around. 

    "Wanna hurry it up in there?" He calls out into the house. 

"I could go check on them..." I say slowly. 

       "Yeah, no. Not taking any chances, you are staying right here with me." He states, wrapping his arms around my waist pulling my back into his chest. After a second, he moves towards the door, but it slams shut. I jump slightly and he looks back at me for a second. 

    "Screw you, too, Emily," he mutters. "You know, you're on your own in there." He moves back towards me, pulling me with him. 

     "Where are we going?" I groan. 

__________________________________________________

         Damon and i walk into the Lockwood Mansion and i look down to John's body on the floor. "How is he?" Damon asks. 

    "Um, Alina, Sweetheart, why don't you go wait on the parlor?" Carol directs i nod, walking to the parlor which was only about ten feet away, i could still listen. 

     "He's dead," Liz tells Damon. I nod along, shrugging knowing he's not going to stay dead. 

    "He'll be fine in a couple of hours." Damon states. 

"Unfortunately," I mumble under my breath. 

      "What are you talking about? Damon, he's dead." Carol states frantically. 

      "Well... here's the thing. Johns ring, it's an old Gilbert family heirloom that protects its owner from death by a supernatural entity." He explains. 

      "But he'snot breathing. He has no pulse." 

"He will be. Trust me." Damon sighs. "We're gonna need a cover story- Epileptic fit, alcohol binge, banana peel, whatever works." I peek out to see Damon dragging John's body. He sees me and nods for me to help him. Carol and Liz's eyes widen as i help Damon drag John out. 

      "But right now i just have to get him out of here." Damon states. 

     "Where are we taking him?" 

"The house." He huffs. 

__________________________________________________

      I push the front door of the Salvatore house as Damon carries John over his shoulder. I close it, turning to see Damon just throw John on the floor. I nod slowly, looking back to Damon, frowning. "What?" He asks.

     "You have John's blood all over you," I state, he sighs, putting his hand to his shirt then scoffing. He grabs my hand, leading me upstairs and i flop on his bed as he walks into his bathroom. 

     "You're being awfully quiet," Damon calls out.

"I'm bored," I whine. 

     "Of course you are." I hear him laugh, i roll my eyes as my phone rings. I pick it up, putting it on speaker. 

     "Well look who's alive." I joke, "How did Damon and i get home before you and Elena?" I laugh. 

     "Elena's gone." My face drops and Damon peeks out from the bathroom. 

     "What?" I frown, getting up and walking closer to Damon, bringing the phone. 

     "Is the Moonstone still there, Katherine's pretending to be Elena, i think Isobel has her." Damon automatically checks his soap dish, pulling out all the soap. 

     "No, no, no-no." Damon groans, throwing the soap dish to the floor. I hang up, handing Damon a shirt. I have to find my sister. 

__________________________________________________

     Damon and i pull up to a foreclosure, the biggest one we could find, the one that screams Isobel. As soon as the car stops, Me, Stefan and Damon all climb out, Stefan holding the car door open for me as i climbed out of the back. 

    "You think this is the house?" Stefan asks, looking back to Damon and i. 

    "It better be," I grumble.

"It's the nicest foreclosure in town," Damon adds as we walk up to the house. 

     "I swear to god if she's not here-" 

"Don't be such a pessimist." I glare, climbing up the stairs. I push the door open, looking around. 

    "I got upstairs," Stefan states, running up the staircase. I look in and out of rooms for any sign of Elena. A few minutes later, Stefan runs back downstairs. 

       "This is Isobel's stuff, It's definitely the right place." Damon sighs. 

     "Where are they?"

"I don't know, Stefan." Damon, huffs. I roll my eyes, still looking through rooms. I gasp when i see some guy standing in the center of the room, and then suddenly everything's black. 

__________________________________________________

      "You don't have to push." I glare, getting out of the car on my own, when i get out, i see Elena, running up to her. She pulls me in a hug and i turn, seeing Isobel and glaring at her. "Why are we here?" I glare. 

      "I just need to talk to you two, and i wasn't getting anywhere with the Salvatores and John in the way." She huffs. "So i took measures into my own hands." 

     "So is that what happened? You betrayed Katherine just cause?" Elena glares, Isobel and Katherine were working together? It makes sense. "Or were you compelled to?" 

       "If i was, i couldn't tell you." Isobel says in a 'Duh' tone. Elena and i follow her as she starts to walk. 

    "So you lied." I hum, "You found Klaus, didn't you? He knows where we are, doesn't he?" I frown. "Are you taking us to him?" She says nothing and i huff. She stops at a grave and i sigh. 

     "What is this?" Elena sighs. I looked at the tombstone seeing it said 'Isobel Flemming', it's her grave. She wipes the leaves off of it, and i share a look with Elena. 

    "My parents, your grandparents, they put it here when it became clear that the police couldn't find my body. They visit every week, and they bring flowers, even though there's no one buried here. The Isobel they knew is dead." She sighs.  "So maybe there's a part of me that's buried here, the-the human part, that part that i abandoned when i... when i choose to become a vampire." She stutters. 

      "The part that used to dream about the day that she'd know her daughters." She smiled softly. I gulp, feeling a lump in my throat. 

     "What?" Elena frowns, turning to her. Isobel shrugs giving us an apologetic look. 

     "And instead you got to meet the other part... the part that would betray her own flesh and blood." Why is this getting to me? Why am i getting emotional right not? Her phone rings and she pulls it out. 

     "Yes..." She answers, i frown, looking down to the floor, "Let them go?" Elena and i look to Isobel confused. "I'm done?" She smiles. Something totally twisted is about to happen. She sighs in relief. 

     "Who was that?" Elena frowns. 

"I'm so sorry, Alina..." I frown, looking to Elena, "You're so much like me, damaged, caring for those who won't do the same... I'm sorry i left you alone and i was such a disappointment to you." I begin to get teary-eyed and i look over to Elena confused, her expression matching mine. I watch as she yanks off her necklace. 

    "No!" I choke out as she began to scream, "No, wait!" I say, scrambling for the necklace, The flames start to roar and Elena grabs me. I fall to the ground, Elena holding onto me. 

     "It's okay, it's okay..." Elena whispers and i silently cry... why am i crying? I should hate her.... but right now i can't...

     I watch as Isobel's body burns, it's like a can't breathe... 

__________________________________________________

     Damon holds me close to him, I've been silent since they came and got us. "How're you feeling?" Damon frowns. 

      "Why am i sad?" I sniffle. "I should hate her, i shouldn't feel bad about her being dead... but it hurts." I frown. He holds me tighter, running a hand through my hair. 

        "She was your mother." He shrugs, "You've grown up on your own, she showed you attention, and you craved it." He sighed. 

      "Why didn't they kill us?" 

"I don't know, baby... i don't know." He sighs, "Maybe... as much as i don't like the idea, Klaus doesn't want you two dead yet." 

       "He knows we won't run." I frown. He rolls over, handing me a stack of papers. 

      "Which is why i need you to do this, to keep you and Elena safe." He sighs. 

      "What is this?" I frown. 

"The deed to the house, Elena agreed to sign it if you do." 

      "You're giving us the house?" I say in disbelief. 

"You weren't opposed to it earlier." He shrugs, "Stay here until it's over and so Elena can't lock me out." He jokes. I smile, taking his hand. He looks down for a moment. "Come on, Johns awake."
    I frown as he leads me downstairs and we see John sitting on the floor, gasping for air. Damon rushes him, lifting him up.

     "I swear, i had no idea what she was gonna do," John says quickly. "I'm sorry." He looks over to Elena and I, "I'm so, so sorry." 

     "Damon..."I mutter, he looks over to me and i nod and Damon puts him down. "I think the three of us need to talk." I glare, crossing my arms. Damon sighs, putting him down. Elena and i start to walk to one of the other rooms, John following us.

     "Start talking," I demand, Elena, sitting next to me. 

     "I knew they were close, but i never realized that Isobel and her were working against me. Two of the world's most uncaring and selfish vampires, and yet they were genuinely friends." John explains. 

      "If that's what you thought of her, why did you ever put your trust in her at all?" Elena frowns.

     "Because i was there when she had you two. I saw how heartbroken she was to give you two up." I sigh, looking away, "And because she was the first girl i ever loved, and when she said she'd keep you safe...i believed her." He admitted. I look back over to him and stare at him, he's being sincere, "At this point, I will do whatever you want me to do. If you two feel safer with me not around, then I'll go."

      Elena looks over to me and i let out a breath, shaking my head. I look up at John and he nods slowly, getting up. "Do you know how much you've screwed up my life since you've been here?" I seethe. "Everything you touch falls apart... But you're the only parent we have left." 

      "So maybe... we can learn to not hate you, as much," I grumble. A small smile comes on his face. 

     "Okay." He nods. I look away, sighing. 

I sit up, walking towards the door, "Get that stupid look off your face."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 274 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
1.7M 35.8K 29
Elena Gilbert. The doppelganger. The girl that has too much trouble to deal with. Remember her? Well, she's not alone. People don't ever pay attentio...
17.9K 412 22
Elena has a younger twin, Samathea Gilbert, they get along very well, but get this, she the doppelganger of Katherine's twin sister, Mary Ann. find o...
232K 5K 22
Annabelle (Bella) Gilbert is the twin sister of Elena Gilbert, after their parents accident they have been living with their aunt Jenna. Starting the...