XXIV. Pageant queens

I furrow my brows, following Elena as Stefan pulls up in his Porsche

      I furrow my brows, following Elena as Stefan pulls up in his Porsche. "Nice car." Elena smiles. 

   He nods, his eyes flickering over to me before looking back to Elena. "I thought it was a waste to leave it sitting in the garage." I look away as Stefan leans in to kiss Elena. Stefan came overt the night of the Founder's party and told Elena everything, especially the part about him wanting to feed on me. But she dismissed it like it was nothing. 

    "I didn't know you were coming back today." Elena states. 

    "You know, I woke up this morning and i was feeling great, and i figured it was time for me to get back into things." He smiled. 

    "Does that mean you're okay now? With all the cravings." I clench my jaw, looking down to the ground. 

     "Yeah, i mean the worst part is over. So... now all i want to do is just spend as much time with you as possible." He says lovingly. I internally gag. 

    "I'll see you guys later," I mutter, walking past them. 

"Is she mad at me?" Stefan asks. 

    "No, she's mad at me."

____________________________________________

      Stefan takes his normal seat behind me, next to Elena and i stiffen slightly. "Okay, This week we're going to set aside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach founder's day," Ric says, walking into the class. "Apparently the community leaders feel that's more important than world war II, but hey, what do i know?" 
    The door opens and Bonnie walks in. 

"Sorry, I'm late." Bonnie frowns. She looks to me and smiles, we've talked a few times while she's been out and last night she told me she was coming back when i called her to tell her about the Founders party a couple of days ago. 

      "Looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." She smiles and then looks at me, taking her seat next to me. She looks back and smiles at Elena her eyes falling on Stefan and turning back around completely. 
   She looks to me and smiles again and we get on with class, Elena clears her throat and i turn around and she gives me a questioning look. I shrug, turning back around. 

____________________________________________

   "Bonnie! Alina!" Elena calls out, rushing up to us. Bonnie and I stop and Elena frowns. "How come you left without me?" She asks me. 

    "I needed to talk to Bonnie." I shrug. 

"Okay... Well, i tried to catch you after class but you'd already taken off." Elena frowns. "How are you? How's your family?" 

    "We're dealing, It's been hard," Bonnie states quickly. 

    "Everyone here really missed you." Elena tells her. "I know we have."