LXXVIII. As Crazy as the Mad Hatter

"We could always just kill her," I smirk, looking up at Klaus. "It seems so much easier."

"And how did you learn about all of this, Sweetheart?" Klaus asks, leaning forward.

"My sires," I smirk. "They do come in handy, i can see why you like them so much." Klaus hums, nodding. "They're not going to give her to you."

"They won't give her to you either," Klaus remarks.

"I don't want her," I state as it should be obvious, which it really should. "But i can get in, you can't." I smile. He hums, pulling his phone out, Calling Stefan.

"I don't want to talk about it." Stefan snaps as soon as he answers the phone. I can tell he's nervous, he doesn't want Klaus to know that Damon knows about the cure. Hell, I'm not going to tell him, i don't want to die.

"Well, i can't imagine why with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid- filled future." Klaus hums as we walk towards the house.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't sworn Alina and I to secrecy." Stefan huffs. I let out a little chuckle, shaking my head.

"Life's full of Ifs, Stefan. Let's extenuate the positives, shall we?" Klaus smiles as we cross the street. "The hunter was one of the five. We'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?" Klaus smirks.

"You're using your calm voice today... Who's getting killed?" I smirk at Klaus as we walk down the street.

"Not you and definitely not Alina," Klaus smirks, looking down at me. "Is that's what you're worried about. But i am concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?"

"What do you know about that?" Stefan frowns.

"We'll tell you-"

"We? Who are you with?" Stefan asks quickly.

"Alina, of course." Klaus hums, "Where are you?"

"I'm at her house."

"How convenient. So are we." I knock on the door before pushing it open.

"I'm home." I cheer, walking in, "Stefan, we need to talk." I glance over to Damon, smirking before Stefan follows me back outside.

"You know, this would be a lot more civil if i was invited inside." Klaus huffs.

"It's bad enough I'm out here talking to you." Stefan huffs, walking down the stairs. "What do you two know?"

"I killed the original five hunters, remember?" Klaus hums, "And out sweet little Alina here has friends apparently." I give him a tight smile.

"Alina?" Stefan frowns.

"Why do you think i wouldn't kill Connor myself, Stefan?" I smirk, "When someone kills a hunter, there's a price to pay."

"What kind of price?" Stefan asks, furrowing his brows.

"After you, sweetheart." Klaus hums.

"The Five were spelled by witches to kill vampires. You get in the way of their mission, you go down with them." I shrug.

"What do you mean? Connor's dead."

"She means, Connor's death won't prevent him from making Elena his final vampire kill." Stefan stares at us for a minute, "She'll need to come with us now. I'll lock her up; keep her away from any sharp, wooden objects."