Re: Who needs a prince when y...

By Mykheihei

Aside from being a typical mundane and boring adult, she had nothing going for her. Except for her vast colle... More

Chapter One: A schemer is born
Chapter Two: The schemer does not want love
Chapter Three: The schemer and the target
Chapter Four: The schemer is in trouble
Chapter Five: The schemer lives for another day
Chapter Six: The schemer's embarrassment, friend and hair
Chapter Seven: The schemer MAY be sent to the guillotine
Chapter Eight: The Schemer's decision
Chapter Nine: The schemer hates shoujo
Chapter Eleven: The Schemer has a mission
Chapter Twelve: The schemer begins
Chapter Thirteen: The Schemer is at the academy
Chapter Fourteen: The Schemer in a Dilemma
Chapter Fifteen: The Schemer's observations
Chapter Sixteen: The Schemer goes to shop
Chapter Seventeen: The Schemer, the tangerine and the wolf
Chapter Eighteen: Can a schemer have propriety?
Chapter Nineteen: The schemer, crossroads and Matrix
Chapter Twenty: The schemer on emotions and handkerchiefs
Chapter Twenty-One: Another headache for the schemer
Chapter Twenty-two: There's no such thing as omegaverse in a schemer's mark
Chapter Twenty-Three: For survival, a schemer has to make a deal
Chapter Twenty-four: The schemer as a love guru
Chapter Twenty-five: The schemer on the context of jealousy
Chapter Twenty-six: Could the schemer be in another argument?
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The schemer in manipulations and lilies
Chapter Twenty-eight: What does a schemer wear to a soiree?
Chapter Twenty-nine: The schemer should have eaten the croissant
Chapter Thirty: The schemer and the stages of being kidnapped
Chapter Thirty-one: How long before the schemer passes out?
Chapter Thirty-Two: How much is the schemer even worth anyway?
Chapter Thirty-Three: A schemer with a mage that does not lose his light
Chapter Thirty-Four: A schemer at a loss
Chapter Thirty-Five: Offering a hand to the schemer
Chapter Thirty-six: The schemer and interrupted thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Schemer in a momentum of awkwardness
Chapter Thirty-eight: The irrationality of a schemer's environment
Chapter Thirty-nine: A schemer in causality's laws
Chapter Forty: Just a schemer in confusion

Chapter Ten: Could the schemer be a glitch?

3.1K 180 63
By Mykheihei

It has been a week since the last incident- and it ended with my hair being cut off. Apparently, manually untangling it seemed impossible because my hair was really really stuck. Cedric's hair was stuck to it too but since he was a royal, it would be treason to touch his royal locks. I did not argue any further as it was such an exhausting day and I'd rather have get it all done with.

And so, on the premise that no one touches the prince's hair (a request by Viveca), Jamie gently and swiftly cut off my hair. With a snip, I frowned at my fallen locks as Viveca immediately untangled my stargazer barrette off of Cedric and gave it to me. I don't even know why the adults still looked at us and did not offer any help but rather just provided us with a pair of scissors. 

I frowned at the memory. Now, I am stuck with a bob cut. To be honest, I don't really care because it feels breezy and fresh. However, my overreacting mother would look as if she was going to faint  every time she had her eyes on me. She was really furious the first time she stared at my unevenly chopped hair from the incident. With a speed quicker than a cheetah, she brought me to a hair salon and almost cried when the only remedy was for me to have short hair. I cannot blame her though; having my long silky hair cut off was really a waste since it received a more than usual amount of love and care for hair. 

As for the other kids, well, they were still visiting as usual. But, they temporarily stopped since it was summer and . . .

WAIT! IT WAS SUMMER! Which meant-

"Marcella?" A very familiar voice came after knocking on my bedroom door. 

I ran excitedly to open it and my eyes landed on two of my favorite people in this place! 

"Augustus! Myron!" I extended my arms and gave them a hug to which they both responded to and thus resulting to a very dramatic group hug.  Even if it was just a little more than a month that we have not seen each other, I still awfully missed them. Especially because they would always bring me treats. 

I broke out of the hug as I gave them a very satisfied grin. 

"You cut your hair?" Augustus was quick to notice as he stared at my new hairstyle.

"AND IT'S STILL PURPLE?!" Myron exclaimed. Oh right. That expressionless little mage had not yet reverted my hair's natural color. Dang it. Oddly though, my purple did not really seem to look out of place anymore and I just kind of gotten used to it. Even my mother just let my hair be and said that if that's what it takes to seduce that little mage, then I have to do it (take note that she was telling this stuff to me- an eight year old kid). No matter how many years have passed, mother was still fixated on the idea of me having my own reverse harem and ruling the world. 

"Ah, that . . . " I started to explain the whole incident.

Both of them were quiet while I was talking. It wasn't when I was ending that they changed their expressions to that of someone with the intent to kill.

"WHERE THE HECK ARE THOSE JERKS WHO DARE TO TOUCH OUR PRECIOUS MARCELLA!" Myron started yelling. He radiated an aura of intense anger. 

"Marcella," Augustus, on the other hand, seemed quite calm. However, his appearance may seem in complete poise but his smile gave me chills. Oh boy. "Wait here, okay? I'll just get my sword."

They were both starting to walk outside. On a normal day, I would appreciate a little bit of gore and the splash of blood, but since I have to think of the future outcomes after the would do the act, I had to stop them. Sigh. After all, I'd rather forget about that incident and just let it pass. Besides, there are still tons of opportunities to avenge my fallen locks in the future and vengeance is best when done on your own.

I rushed up to them and saw that they were already walking down the stairs with their swords. 

"Brothers, stop!" I tugged on their shirts. Two pairs of electric blue eyes stared at me as they urgently halted. "You don't really have to do anything. I am totally fine."

Myron tilted his head while frowning. "No revenge?" He sounded downright disappointed. Aw. He looked so much like a cute puppy. Dang it. Strengthen your resolve.

"Well, yeah. I was hoping I could just do things on my own," I smiled reassuringly. 

"Are you sure, Marcella?" Augustus knelt down to see me eye to eye. "Your brothers could take care of you well enough, you know?"

"Yes, I know. But I just want to forget about that incident," I said. Seriously, are they really sure about hurting little kids? This is still that stupid otome game right?

Augustus nodded. I breathed a sigh of relief. Begrudgingly, Myron nodded when Augustus glanced at him. 

"So," I started to try and break the silence. "What do you want to do for summer vacation?"

Augustus and Myron both held each of my hands as we slowly descended the stairs. 

"Play with Marcella," they both said in unison. I smiled. Siscons.

"Ah, I would love to play with you too! I missed you both so much," I said and happily skipped to the foyer where I saw a figure that was unknown to me. He had long silver hair tied neatly in a ponytail and he was a bit taller than Myron but not reaching Augustus' height. His back was turned against me as he was sitting leisurely on one of the settees. My mind raised a series of question marks as if trying to figure out who this boy was.

"Val!" Myron called out. Huh? Who is this guy?

The boy stood up and turned to face us. It was at that moment, when his deep ruby red eyes met mine that a lightbulb inside my head began to light up- he was a capture target!

Oh boy, I could never forget this face. He stood up with an oozing sense of grace and regality, I almost unconsciously wanted to bow down to him. He nodded his head at Augustus and Myron before settling his ruby eyes on me. "Ah, so you must be Marcella?"

I gave him a curtsy as that was the formality in this world. "Yes. However, forgive my ineptitude but I have not seem to catch your name?"

The inner me, though, already knew who he was. Valentin Merosé. 

"You do not have to apologize, little lady. I am Valentin Merosé . . . "

Viveca's brother and the crown prince of the Kingdom of Sacriere.

" . . . the older brother of your friend, Viveca."

Hm. I don't really know if Viveca considers me as a friend though. She would constantly stare daggers at me every time she was here. 

I continued smiling. "Ah, Princess Viveca's brother? Then that means you're a prince?"

"Of some sorts," he shrugged it off casually and flashed a smile so bright, it was almost blinding. This was so over the top. His charm was basically incomparable. 

Before I could ask another question, Myron swiftly carried me up. He brought me all the way to another settee and placed me to sit there. "Marcella, he's a stranger, why are you talking to him?" 

Augustus sat down beside me. "Marcella, don't talk to people you've just met, okay? Who knows if they may be wolves in sheep's clothing," he glared sharply at Valentin. 

The latter chuckled and feigned a blow to the heart. "Ouch! So, now I'm a stranger?" He dramatically sat on the chair. "After everything we've been through? Ah! I'm hurt."

"Shut up, you overdramatic idiot!" Myron yelled. Hey, hey, is it okay to talk to royalty like this?

"Oh, Myron, how could you just treat me like this? We even kissed!" 

.

.

.

WAIT WHAT?!?!?! 

I stared at Prince Valentin in shock then at Myron. His face turned ghastly pale as if he was reliving some memories he did not want to remember again. 

"M-myron and P-prince Valentin . . . " I had my hands form some sort of a pinch to imitate someone kissing. My brain was slowly processing the info. 

Has my existence done the unthinkable? Before, I was doubting myself about Cedric and Jamie's development but now! Oh my goodness. Was my existence a glitch in the system? Did I really just unlock a yaoi route? Did I? Did I?

"Marcella, it's not what you think it is," Myron covered his face with one of his hands and pointed at Prince Valentin, who was calmly sipping his tea. "It was that boorish individual's fault."

"Now, now, Myron, was it really my fault?" 

"We-well," Myron stammered. Clearly, he could not think of a proper answer. 

Augustus chuckled. "Marcella, as much as I want to kick that nasty prince out of our home, I would have to defend his case. After all, it was your klutz of a brother's fault as to why he lost his first kiss to that guy."

"It was brother's first kiss?!" I gasped in awe.

"Marcella!"  Myron looked incredibly flustered. Aw. I want to tease him more. 

"I've heard that people kiss when they are in love," I mused. 

Augustus and Valentin both raised their brows in amusement. Myron looked even more somber. 

"Marcella, I just tripped in sword practice and I accidentally collided lips with him. That was all," Myron looked at me with eyes that pleaded to believe him. 

 Although, I wanted to tease him further, I felt pity for him. After all, he's my brother and he spoils me so much; maybe, I'll just let him off the hook for today. Just for today.

"Hm, is that so?" I said. "Then brother must find a cure for his clumsiness or else, he might end up kissing every person in the room," I smirked. Okay. That's enough of teasing for today.

Myron looked at me flabbergasted. "Hey! You tripped too and it was in front of the queen!" 

That made me shut up. Ugh. Why did he have to remind me of that? " I hate you, Myron!"

He was flabbergasted and his face was even paler than before. "W-wait, n-no! Marcella, I did not mean to."

Augustus hugged me and stuck his tongue out at Myron who was close to sobbing. "Well, we both know who his favorite brother is now."

Suddenly, Valentin's melodious laughter echoed in the place. Oh my God. Even his laughter sounded like an angel's lullaby. How high could his charm points be? He was seriously created to lure the hearts of young maidens. 

"You all are just too cute," Valentin wiped tears off of his eyes. 

The three of us siblings stared at him in silence. 

"Augustus! Myron! Your father wants to see you," a voice rang out. It was the head butler, Mr. Evondale.

"Ah, yes, Mr. Evondale. Just a moment," Augustus replied. "Marcella, we have to go for just a moment. Stay here and sit still. Don't talk to unnecessary intruders," he glanced at the still giggling prince as he put emphasis on his last word.

Myron came to me with puppy dog eyes. "Marcella . . ." 

Call me childish but I was not willing to forgive him just yet. He just had to remind me of my most embarrassing moment in this lifetime. "Hmph." 

Large tears welled in Myron's eyes as Augustus hurriedly dragged him to meet our father. With one last look at Valentin which meant to say If-you-do -anything-I-swear-I'll-gut-you-like-a-fish-you-stupid-intruder and walked away. 

Prince Valentin just flashed out one of his perfect smiles as a response. 

With just the two of us left in the foyer (the servants hung farther back for privacy purposes), there was an awkward silence. 

I thought it's be best if I spoke up but Prince Valentin beat me to it.

"You don't belong here," he walked towards me with steps as graceful and silent as a predator approaches its prey. In less than minute, he was in front of me and knelt down so he could meet my eyes. His previous joyful voice was replaced by a chilling coldness that made me shiver even more than when I would watch horror movies. 

Softly, he whispered. 

"You're a glitch."

--

Author's Note: 

Hiya folks. It's been a rather long while, huh? (readers: *throwing potatoes at me* WDYM it's been  a while?!)

Okay, okay. I'm sorry. It has been so long since I last updated. Mostly because of my online classes. Another because of stress. And the third because I am a master procrastinator. I AM SO SORRY. Forgive me if it took so long. 

But on a side note, how was your day? How are you? I really hope you guys are all alright because you mean so much to me. You know what, I hope everyone would be alright because everyone means something to someone. I hope everyone stays indoors because by doing so, we're helping our frontliners as best as we can. Let's all be disciplined and stay the freak indoors.

Oh! Also, did you like the new character? He's bit of a mystery huh? What role could he be playing? Why did he say that to Marcella? Oh my gosh, the thrill just gets me (oh, only me? :( welp). I hope I give

Anyway, I hope y'all stay safe and stay indoors. Sanitize and wash your hands frequently. Don't forget to vote. comment. support. follow (but you don't really have to; im not forcing you to).

Lovelots.

P.S. Your comments make me especially happy because I love your commentaries so much! They pressure me to update and keep the procrastination demon away just sayin ahahahahahah kbye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 6.2K 54
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
30.6K 1.9K 115
"The Priestess" is a very well-known otome game that turned into a light novel become a manga and got adapted into an anime. Hadley was very obsessed...
67.5K 3.6K 51
She was a child formed from the union between a highly successful and charming Chinese man and an intelligent and witty black woman. Although this un...
1.6K 119 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...