Our Sensational Future

By chonisloves

It's been 15 years since Cheryl and Toni have graduated high school and their lives couldn't be better. Two y... More

cast descriptions
a typical day
the trouble with tayleigh
Bonus Chapter- i love you so much evabear
more kids?
the newest editions
meeting the girls
dead mother's daughter
the photo album
what the night brings
the wake
tantrums, tantrums, tantrums
suggestion page
the road trip
i just want this to last forever
the christmas spirit
what christmas means to me
terrible sister?
promises
tayleigh's birthday
"i'm happy i get to be a big brother"
i'm leaving
we do it as a family
wedding bells
goodbyes
characters
the last 3 years
the suprise!
the sorta siblings
"you'll never be alone"
one step closer to home
finally home
catching up- part one
catching up- part 2
taken
the rescue mission
recovery and aftermath
park day
"just simply because i love you"
never want to grow up
together
gotcha day!
a fun lil game
power outages and would you rather
gender reveal!
we can't change the past
bonding time
would you like to be adopted?
jealousy
keep the ones you love close
meet our 3 new kids
despite everything
morning routine
new characters? middle names?
disney trip pt.1
disney trip pt.2
i made an insta account for this book!
disney trip pt.3
disney insta posts pt.1
disney insta posts pt.2
we all cry sometimes
waiting room
noah flynn jones
easter disaster
all about avani
"i'm the lucky one"
pre nationals
nationals day one pt. 1
important a/n
nationals day one pt. 2
nationals day two
fights and advice
cheryl's interview
adventures in babysitting
bruno the dog
grace's family tree
the big graduation
forever family
christmas oneshot
SUPRISE

gifted

410 10 5
By chonisloves

A/n: sorry this chapter is only about evianna. an idea popped into my head and i just had to write about it. hopefully u all enjoy it!

cheryl's pov

it was a quiet day at work today. i had just finished modeling for clothing that was launching in a few weeks. i was on my lunch break when i got a phone call from the elementary school.

on the phone

c: hello?
s: is this mrs. blossom-topaz speaking?
c: yes it is 
s: hi we have some concerns with your daughter evianna
c: oh is everything alright?
s: yes everything is ok but her teacher wants to meet with you
c: uh ok can we talk when i come pick her up from school?
s: yes that would be great
c: ok thank you
s: have a good day
c: you too

off the phone call

"what is going on?" i think to myself. i text toni and tell her that we both have to pick up the kids from elementary school today. the teens are all taking the bus home today. i finish my lunch and get back to work for another 2 hours. once i finish everything i leave the studio and get in the car to pick up toni.

"hey babe." she says while getting in the car. "hey tt." i say and give her a kiss. "so what's up with this whole thing?" she asks after pulling away. "i have no idea." i say honestly. "well i guess we'll find out." she says.

after 10 minutes we make it to the school and see all the kids waiting outside. they all run up to us and give us hugs. "hey guys how was school?" toni asks. "good!" grace says. "alright that's great guys. we just have to go inside and talk to a teacher for a second." i say and we all go back inside. "hi we spoke earlier." i say to the woman at the front desk. "yes mrs. harron is waiting for you in her office." she says. we tell the kids to wait in the lobby and we go into the teachers office.

"hello mrs. and mrs. blossom-topaz." the teacher says and shakes our hands. "hi you had some concerns regarding evianna?" toni asks and we all sit down. "yes i did actually. when we first spoke at the beginning of the year about having evianna in the class and moving her up a grade you guys never said anything about her being extremely talented." she says.

"talented? in what way?" i ask. "well i'm sure you guys must of noticed. she has a brilliant mind. your daughter is smarter then all of the 6 and 7 year olds in her class." the teacher says. "i- um wow. we knew she was a little advanced for her age but we didn't know she was that smart." toni says. "oh yes. she can do math problems that even some 6th graders can't even do." mrs. h says. "oh my god. that's incredible!" i say.

"yes it is. but now you two have to make a bit of a tricky decision." she says. "what do you mean?" toni asks. "evianna is gifted. we wouldn't want to hold her back from her full potential. i think she would benefit greatly by being moved up a few more grades. but i've talked to my assistant and she even thinks evianna should be moved into the gifted and talented program. we've never seen anyone like her. she's a very special little girl with an even more special mind." the teacher says.

all i'm thinking right now is how on earth have we not even realized this. "that's huge and a massive adjustment. can you maybe give us some time to think about it?" toni asks. "yes of course! as much time as you need." mrs. h says. "thank you so much." i say.

"my pleasure. oh and aiden is doing great to by the way. completing satisfactory work and is a sweet kid as well." she says. "thank you. we'll get back to you as soon as possible." toni says. "ok no problem. bye. " the teacher says and we both get up and leave.

"alright guys let's go in the car." i say and all the little kids follow us outside. "what was that about?" tayleigh asks. "it's nothing. we'll explain when we're ready." toni says. "uh ok." grace says confused. "well it was with my teacher so it was about either me or evi." aiden says. "probably me." ev mumbles.

we all just get into the car and drive home. me and toni go up into our room after making sure all the kids were settled and doing homework.

"i'm sorry this is taking me long to process." i say and crash onto our bed. "don't worry it's taking me awhile too." toni says and sits on the bed. "i just don't how to process it. i mean how did we not even know she was gifted. that's not something you just don't notice." i say. "well we knew she was smart. she's always been." toni says.

"just smart is different then gifted. tt our youngest daughter is a fucking genius." i say. "you say that like it's a bad thing." toni says. "it's not a bad thing. it just doesn't make sense." i sigh. "i guess. what's your opinion on it?" she asks me.

"i don't think she should be moved up or into the gifted and talented program. she's a 5 year old who just needs to be a kid. i don't want her to feel any pressure in school." i say.

"i agree but i also don't. we'd be holding her back if we didn't let her into the program. she deserves to work up to her full potential." toni says.

"she deserves to be a kid." i say.

"she's still going to be a kid, cher. she's just going to be around kids who are older and just as smart as she is. that's all." toni says. "i just don't know if she's ready for that. being around older kids can be a problem." i say. "how so?" toni asks.

"well for example ev still has meltdowns and she's still learning about everything in terms of behavior and how to act. they can tolerate that in kindergarten and first grade. but in a gifted program? definitely not. she'll have to meet different standards in a class full of 10 year olds then in a class full of 6 and 7 year olds." cheryl says.

"true." toni sighs. "she's there academically but i don't know if she's ready mentally." i say. "well there's only one way to find out. we can ask her. you know she'll be honest with us." toni suggests. "yea let's do that." i say and get out of bed.

we walk into ev's room and she's at her little desk working on something. homework probably. "hey ev can we have a talk?" i ask. she turns around to look at us and nods. we all sit on her bed.

"so we had a talk with your teacher today." toni starts. "i knew that was about me." ev mumbles. "yes it was about you.  nothing bad though." i say. "then what was it about?" she asks. "you know your smarter then all the kids in your class right?" toni asks her. "of course i did." she answers like it's the easiest question in the world.

"why didn't you tell us?" i ask. "i didn't think it was that big of a deal." she shrugs. "well it is because now your teacher wants to move you to a different class." toni says. "a different class?" ev asks. "yea. you'd be with older, more advanced kids." i say.

"what about aiden?" she asks. "he'll stay in the normal class." toni says. "but why? i want to stay with him." ev sighs. "i know you do baby and that's really sweet but your not being challenged in that class." toni explains. "oh." she says.

"now your teacher really wants to put you into the gifted and talented program but me and mama aren't so sure your ready for it." i say. "why not?" she asks. "well there not going to treat you like a five year old in that class. your going to be challenged educationally which is good but there going to expect you to be mature as well." toni says.

"i'm ready." she says quickly and proudly.

"are you sure?" i ask. "mhm. i promise i'll be mature and do my best." she says. "i- ok. if you think your ready and you want to do it then that's all that matters." toni says. "i do. this work is boring and i want to be with older kids." ev says.

"my not so little 5 year old is a genius." i say and smile. "i prefer the term gifted." ev says and giggles. toni puts ev on her lap and kisses her cheek. "i love you so much. and i'm proud of you." toni says. "i love you too mama." evi says.

i'm very proud of ev. but i personally don't think she's ready. i guess that's up to her to prove me wrong though. only time will tell.

A/n: what's your opinion on this? did they make the right decision?

varchie's new baby will be in soon! i promise!

Instas:

@Ella.Claire.BlossomTopaz

getting creative in the studio 💙
comments:
@angelica.blossom.topaz- ugh your so talented
@kayla.kelgarty- love your dance posts
@lea.andrews- ok your amazing
@gianna.kelgarty- sooo talented
@juniper_cooper_blossom- i wish i was like you
@emily_cecelia- ^ me too

@Archie.Andrews

guess whose becoming new parents again? 🤷🏻‍♀️
comments:
@ronnie.lodge- we're wild
@betty1cooper- insane. i'm so happy
@jughead.jones- hella excited man
@sweet_pea- so happy for you guys
@cherylbombshell- much love for you both. i'm so excited
@kevin.the.gay- i can't wait!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.7K 1.6K 22
"I'm just not in love with you anymore Betty and I'm sorry you had to find out this way" He tells me as he grips the sheet around his waist. "So you...
39.8K 638 14
Jughead and Betty are best friends. They each know each other's weakness and darkness, but their feelings change for the weird when high school start...
13K 373 41
[COMPLETED] [35,000 - 40,000 WORDS] It's been two years since Veronica and Jughead broke up. Veronica moved back to New York and has new friends and...
60.6K 702 37
One shots based on Riverdale characters. These have nothing to do with the actual show. Mostly varchie and bughead but also a few choni. I take reque...