~Away From You~ Jookyun

By nikkiyeollie

Changkyun is a young omega who lost his home, his pack and his mother to another wolf pack. The alpha wolf of... More

Chapter 1 : Away from home
Chapter 2: Enemy's Pack
Chapter 3: Mate
Chapter 4: Jooheon
Chapter 5: Not Safe
Chapter 6: Secrets Hurt
Chapter 7: Decision
Chapter 8: Goodbye Jooheon
Chapter 9: Omegas on the run and Alphas on the hunt.
Chapter 10: Part I. Dead
Chapter 11: Part II. Dead
Chapter 12: Part I. On our way to a better place
Chapter 13: Part II. On our way to a better place
Chapter 14: Precious Moments
Chapter 15: Guilty Conscious
New Jookyun Books!
Chapter 16: A Fresh Start
Chapter 17: 5 months later
Chapter 18: Welcome Home
Chapter 19: Changkyun
Chapter 20: MiMi
Chapter 21: Part. I - The Blue Moon pack
Away From You 19k!
Chapter 22: Part II. The Blue Moon Pack
Chapter 23: The Worst for the Better
Chapter 24: Home
Thank You
Chapter 25: Let me fix you
Chapter 26: I'm Sorry
Chapter 27: Please Forgive Me
Chapter 28: Unexpected
Chapter 29: Together Again
Chapter 30: My First Time
Chapter 31: Be Careful
Chapter 32: I Will Protect You
Chapter 33: Felix
Chapter 34: [Filler] Life at the Orphanage
Chapter 35: [Filler] Let's Just Be Together
Chapter 36: [Filler] Gunhee's Troubles
Chapter 37: [Filler] Minhyuk the shipper
Chapter 38: [Filler] Part One: New life at the pack
Chapter 39: [Filler] Part Two: New life at the pack
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY
Untitled
Away From You 2
Chapter 40: Alone in the forest
Chapter 41: Captured
Chapter 42:The Truth in Lies
Chapter 43: Forever Silent
Chapter 45: The competition
Chapter 46: Patch things up
Chapter 47: A Post it

Chapter 44: Our dirty little secret

867 48 97
By nikkiyeollie

A/N: Sorry for the grammar mistakes. 

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Changkyun visits Taemin whenever Jooheon is busy or away from the pack. He secretly sneaks around with books and with food he steals from the packhouse to take it to Taemin that has nothing to do and gets crappy food. It's like he gets the scraps. Changkyun feels bad for him.

Changkyun can't fully forgive Taemin for the suffering he brought him, but he promised himself to try because it was because of him that Taemin suffered so much.

Taemin wasn't nice, but over time he became more tolerant and would listen to Changkyun talk more and more about other things. Tae would also talk, and eat the snacks that Changkyun stole for him.

Slowly they were working a weird messed up relationship that NO ONE knew about, and it was better if anyone didn't.

Their meetings and their weird messed up friendship was their dirty little secret.

Felix doesn't know and more importantly, Kihyun doesn't know.

Changkyun made sure these two were also busy when he made his getaways.

This time Jooheon and some alphas were going on a trip, just a guy trip to enjoy themselves for three days. Felix was being forced to train extra hours and Kihyun would be the one forcing him... so Changkyun would have time to visit Taemin.

He grabbed pop tarts, Swiss rolls, twinkies and many flavored potato chips to eat with Taemin and many cans of cold banana milk. He grabbed a few mystery novels and shoved them with the rest of the snacks on a small bag.

Then off he went.

He also made sure to grab other snacks that Taemin requested. He quickly made sure no one was watching him and made his way down to the prison cells. The guards weren't around so Changkyun went directly to Taemin who was already waiting for him.

The guy was bored and famished.

A smile tugged on Changkyun's lips when he saw Taemin literally banging his head against the wall.

"Hey! I brought you snacks and the ones you specially requested!" Taemin quickly rose up from his bed when he heard Changkyun's voice and went to stand in front of the glass door to get the snacks from Kyun from the little door.

"You brought what I asked?" Taemin was almost salivating when Changkyun pulled out the bottle of peanut butter and the bag of Oreos.

"Yeah. Here."

"Thanks..." he quickly grabbed the two and yanked open the Oreos bag so that he could put peanut butter on them and eat them. Changkyun watched him eat a peanut butter covered Oreos with a weirded out face.

Taemin noticed the weird look Kyun was giving him and Taemin chuckled "I know it looks gross but it tastes really good."

"I'm always questioning your taste buds. Just how messed up are they?" Changkyun grunted when Taemin grabbed another spoonful of peanut butter and dumped it on an oreo cookie and ate it with overflowing bliss. Changkyun will NEVER understand Taemin.

"Try it. You might like it."

"Now?"

"Yeah, come on. Don't be a wuss." Taemin taunted and Changkyun didn't like to back down and never to Taemin. He ate a peanut butter covered oreo and just like Taemin said, it was good. Too good. Bliss.

"Wow, that really tastes good."

"It's addictive too."

"How did you mix the two?"

"I dunno, I was always mixing things up."

Both ate their snacks together and even talked a bit more than what they are used to. Taemin was pretty open and Changkyun took that chance to get to know him better. Changkyun did good at bringing the ravenette what he wanted and he was glad to see the other smile and laugh after so long of being a sourpuss.

They talked about their lives, their favorite things besides weird food, and shared their dreams. Changkyun was shocked to hear that Taemin actually wanted to become a dancer and maybe a singer.

Taemin laughed at Changkyun's reaction, the poor guy almost choked and almost coughed his lungs. It was surprising but it was definitely the truth.

"Wow, didn't know you really like to sing and dance." Changkyun finished coughing and grabbed a juice box to ease his itchy throat. Taemin was drinking his banana milk and smiled at the other omega while his mind goes back to the good times, the times he really wanted to chase after his dreams but was denied the chance because he was so young and an omega.

"I really wanted to follow my dreams, but my parents said it wasn't safe to be on my own in the big city. Many rogues there. They kept me from going and went crazy trying to find me a mate so that I could be bound to my pack."

"Aw, that sucks."

Taemin nodded, agreeing.

"Yeah, but I found Minho and he was pretty great. I loved him and he did accompany me to the city many times for auditions. I actually got accepted into SM company as a new trainee ... but your sister kidnapped me before I could start."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I would probably suck anyway."

"For some reason, I don't believe that."

"Believe it."

"Sing for me."

Taemin looked at Changkyun and Changkyun deadass waited for the other to start singing. For the first time in a long time, Taemin felt his cheeks heat up and butterflies explode in his tummy. He got embarrassed, he didn't think Changkyun was serious ... but he was so Taemin cleared his throat and sang a song he liked. The beautiful you song.

He sang and Changkyun got lost in Taemin's voice, the sweet vocals that made him smile unconsciously. Taemin haves talent and he definitely haves that charisma when he puts his heart and soul into singing. He's definitely someone Changkyun would listen to and go crazy for.

Taemin was getting even more embarrassed and self-conscious when he saw Changkyun smiling so wide and nod his head to the lyrics he was singing. The warmth on his face became unbearable and he just stopped and covered his burning cheeks with his cool hands.

"Hey! Don't stop! I was feeling it!" Changkyun pouted and Taemin felt horrified.

"I was off-key ... it's been a long time since I sang a song out loud and your smiling was creeping me out!"

"I was enjoying it and your voice sounds fine! You have a great voice Taemin."

Taemin felt like he would melt for how greatly embarrassed he was. Changkyun was acting and talking like a crazy fangirl and he had no idea how to feel about it. He was supposed to hate the kid .. but he was starting to like him and want him as a friend... he was warming up to him and Taemin has no idea if that is good or not.

Changkyun really wants to make things right and find a way for both to forgive and each other and go on being friends. He doesn't want to hate Taemin because it was his fault that he was taken away. He wants to make things right and save Taemin from the darkness. 

Taemin felt warm and cuddly when Changkyun kept complimenting his singing and even requested him to sing him other songs he liked. Taemin complied and sang for him, and even tried to rap for him which made them both laugh at his attempt. 

Taemin grunted and toss an oreo cookie at Changkyun that was still laughing at him "I can only sing! Rap is Minho's thing, or at least it was."

Changkyun ceased his laughter "Minho? He can rap?"

Taemin nodded with a faint smile "Like I said, it was his thing, or at least it was. It's been years kid, I dunno if he still raps or not."

Changkyun looked impressed "He does have the charisma. I bet he would be a great rapper."

"Yeah."

Changkyun then gave Taemin the books he grabbed and showed them to Taemin who looked extremely grateful for new material to read, he was growing tired of reading the same books over and over again. Changkyun mentally noted to bring him new books each week to keep him from going insane. 

Noted. 

"Thank you." said the ravenette with blushed cheeks and embarrassed eyes. He couldn't look at Kyun in the eyes but he did express his gratitude the best he could. Changkyun was touched that Taemin said 'Thank you' and with a cute blush on his cheeks. When the ravenette blushes he looks like a little kid and Kyun couldn't help but aww at him. 

"You are welcome. I just want to show you that I don't and won't ever hate you. I know my sisters did horrible things and that you did too, so let's leave it all behind us and start fresh."

Taemin looked at Changkyun, this time on the very eyes. He wanted to see if the other omega was being serious, dead serious. Was Kyun ready to forgive and forget?

"Changkyun is okay if you hate me. I did a horrible thing and ... I thought I wouldn't care about it ... but now I'm starting to care and feel bad."

Changkyun bit his lips and thought about it and honestly, he doesn't feel angry or sad anymore. He just wants to befriend Taemin and return him back to Minho, where he belongs. So Changkyn smiled at Taemin that was expectantly staring at him, he grabbed his hands to reassure him that he was okay and that he was willing to forgive. 

"At first I was sad and angry, but then I remembered that hope is not lost. I can adopt kids at the orphanage, give them a home and raise them as my own and Jooheon is up for adoption as well. So, don't feel bad. I can still have kids."

"But they wouldn't be your own. I took that from you."

"Taemin!" Kyun cupped the other omega's face to spell it out for him one more time " I  FORGIVE YOU! get that through your thick skull!"

"IS HARD!"

"No is not! I forgive you! I'm not mad anymore. I want us to be friends and I want to make it up to you. My sister did wrong and it is my turn to make it right. I will stand by you and I will get you out of here."

Taemin's mouth dropped. 

"Okay! You forgive me, I get that but how can you get me out of here? I'm in prison for the crimes I committed. You can't get me out of this."

"Maybe I can bust you out?"

Taemin grunted and slapped Kyun lightly on the thigh "No, that will get you in so much trouble with the packs and with your mate who HATES ME."

"Taemin, I don't think you deserve to be here. You are a victim of the Blue Moon pac-"

"No Changkyun." he interrupted Kyun. He can't let Kyun get crazy ideas to bust him out. He just has to convince him to let things be. He was okay in prison, he accepted it and he will gladly pay for his crimes. He won't let Changkyun get involved in anything crazy, he just can't.

Changkyun pouted and finished the last bag of chips he brought for Taemin. Taemin sighed watching his new friend sulk and checked the clock on the wall behind Changkyun to see what time it was. It was almost 6 pm, time for Changkyun to leave.

"Listen," Taemin brushed his hair back with his slim fingers to look at Changkyun "I have to do my time, I can't escape or these people will kill me. So don't come up with crazy plans to get me out of here, okay? You can visit me all you want but no busting me out."

"Okay..." the omega said lowly with a cute frown. 

"Good. If we are going to be friends from now on, we have to think what's best for each other and what's best for you is not to get into trouble with the packs or your mate."

"Okay, Okay." Kyun smiled "If I can't bust you out for good, then how about for a few hours?"

Taemin glared and Changkyun chuckled raising his hands "Just for a few hours or a few minutes!"

"You just don't give up."

"Nope. I will always find a way around it."

"You are tenacious."

Changkyun smiled "I know. I have to go."

"Changkyun," Taemin called when Changkyun gathered everything up to stand up and leave "Thank you, it means a lot."

"You are welcome."

Taemin stared at his new friend and once again thought that Changkyun was doing so much for him and wondered if it was truly worth it "Are you sure you want to be friends?"

Taemin looked scared to trust someone again but he could see in the other's eyes pure sincerity and true dedication. Deep in his heart, he knew he could trust and rely on Changkyun.

Changkyun smiled "Very sure. I will show you what true friendship is like."

Taemin smiled back "Fine."

"See you when I see you Tae."

"Take care Changkyunie."

🐾🐾🐾

Changkyun's View

"Here, eat some more." Kihyun dumped more spaghetti on my plate when I was done with my first portion and I had no choice but to eat some more. 

On the other side of the table was Felix playing with his food and catapulting the meatballs to the other side of the cafeteria, hitting a random alpha's head. Poor Hyunjin. 

Kihyun glared at Felix and slammed the big spoon he carried around against the table scaring us all "Throw another meatball and I will make you scrub the kitchen's floor again!"

Felix's pouty face made me laugh and the others too, Changbin was the only one still staring. Kihyun sighed and sat down next to me to make sure I eat the second portion he served me. I was already full but I knew how stubborn hyung is, so I will have to shove it down. Kihyun was more than happy when I started eating again and proceeded to eat himself. 

"I miss your round cheeks Kyunnie, so better eat up a whole lot. I will take advantage that Jooheon is gone to feed you until you pop."

I raised a brow at him and complained that I no longer fit in my skinny jeans anymore for how much he was making me eat. 

"That's true, he can barely fit a leg in. It's funny." Felix laughed and I lightly kicked him under the table. Kihyun was the only one that was happy to hear that. 

"That's good! I'm so glad that you are eating again, you were so skinny that I was afraid you will eventually get sick or something. Now you seem healthy."

"Yep, but the chubbier I get the more cuddle time with Jooheon." I rolled my eyes when I said that cuz they don't know how much of a nightmare it can be. 

"What's so bad about that?" Felix asked before slurping a noodle. 

"He won't let me go! He just sticks to me like glue for hours and hours!"

"Aww, that's love." Felix sighed in bliss and cute daydreams of his days with his future mate. Kihyun and I were the only ones that roll our eyes. We know how annoying mates can be and how clingy they can be, especially alphas and I seriously thought it was the other way around but no. 

"Are you guys ready for tomorrow?" Kihyun asked and Felix nodded all excited, I had no clue what Kihyun meant so I asked.

"Tomorrow we will have a trainees' competition. Team red against Team blue, the one who wins gets the prize."

"A competition? No one told me about it."

"Because you were still in recovery when the teams were first announced," Kihyun explained and I pouted.

"The price is a trip to LOTTE WORLD!" the kid shouted at the top of his small lungs and everyone cheered, especially Felix's Team that was Team Red, and the kid was their Captain. Felix got up on his chair to keep cheering with his team that were also feeling very confident about the competition. The only ones sitting down were Team blue that were led by Changbin. Changbin glared at Felix and waited for the cheering to die down to bark at him.

"Cheer now cuz tomorrow you will surely be crying," Changbin stood up and went towards Felix that just glared at the alpha standing before him "Tomorrow we will be taking the win."

"Underestimate us and you will surely lose."

"Face it, kid, you can't win against us. Your team have lost many times during practice, what makes tomorrow different?"

"BECAUSE WE WILL PLAY TO WIN A TRIP TO LOTTE WORLD!" he screamed at the alpha's face that surely had enough of being spat at. 

Kihyun sighed and had Felix sit down and the others back to their seats, but Felix was still pulling his tongue out at Changbin who was ignoring him and that was making Felix even angrier.

"UGH! That overconfident jerk!" 

"Calm down, I bet your team will be great tomorrow," said Kihyun finishing his food, and Changkyun dumped his food on the nearest trash can when Kihyun wasn't looking.

"We did win a few times, they just happened to win most of the other matches... we can still take them and WIN!"

"I dunno, Changbin, some of the betas and alphas in his team are brutal, even the omegas!" said Seungmin when he finished drinking his juice box next to changkyun. He seemed unsure and hopeless. Felix went to him to assure him they can win if they do their best. 

"Tomorrow they will play fair, Kihyun will oversee the game so they won't crush us as they did in practice. We can win Seungmin!"

"I have a question." Changkyun interrupted them "I can't participate even if I'm late?"

"Sorry Kyun, but Team red already have their strategies down for the games tomorrow," said Kihyun with a frown seeing how doleful Changkyun looked "but you can come and cheer for the kids from the bleachers! I will even give you pompoms if you want."

"Aw, I wanted to go to Lotte World too," he whined and Felix comforted Kyun with a hug that Seungmin also joined. 

Chan was picking up the empty plates and when he picked Changkyun's he smiled and also comforted him "Don't worry kid, you can go if Team red wins."

"Oh, then I will be there!" Changkyun finally smiled and noted mentally to assist the game tomorrow to help out and maybe even tell Taemin about it.

"The alphas won't be on the game tomorrow?" asked Minho when everyone began getting up to leave. 

"Uh, I don't think so. They are still on their guy trip and they seem to be enjoying too much cuz Hyunwoo hasn't called me once."

"Okay. Let's go kids! Back to the orphanage!" Chan took his kids back and before Felix left he went to hug Kihyun and Changkyun and told Kyun he already has a team t-shirt he can wear tomorrow even if he won't play. Changkyun smiled and watched him go. 

🐾🐾🐾

Felix's View

We all arrive at home and break apart to go to our rooms. I quickly went up the stairs to go over our team's strategy one more time and to wrap up kyunie hyung's red team shirt. When I got to my room I forgot to shut the door close and begun to get the shirt and wrap it up for my cute cheerleader hyung. I was wrapping the red shirt with such great joy that was quickly shattered when I caught a whiff of his stench. I quickly roll my eyes in disgust when I heard him stand under my door frame eating a new bag of Doritos. His crushing and munching were annoyingly loud that I couldn't concentrate on my wrapping and bow tying, so I grunted and snapped at him. 

"Go away! I can't make this special with you standing there eating like a llama!" I was mad and seeing that smirk tugging his lips when he sees me mad makes me ... well, angry. What is it with him always pissing me off to later make it up to me by being sweet but then go back to being a jerk? I don't understand that guy! He's so annoying. 

Changbin kept chewing his Doritos and even came into my room, dropping his annoying butt on my desk chair that rolled around the room. I sighed knowing he wouldn't leave.

"I should file a restraining order from you but Chan keeps preventing me to. Ugh, can't wait to leave this place."

Changbin laughs softly and moves close to me to see how I finished my present for hyung. 

"Will he participate?" he asked and I just bit my lip, sad that hyung can't really join us. 

"No, he can't. It is too late for him to learn all our strategies."

"Aw, that's too bad."

"What do you care, you would have crush him too if you get the chance."

Changbin pretended to be hurt "I wouldn't. That's too mean. I don't want Jooheon to kill me."

"You will see. Tomorrow we will give it our all." I said with shaking confidence and saw how the alpha just smiled and nodded. 

"I know you do your best when you are underestimated. That's why Im pushing you so hard."

"You want me to beat you that bad?" once again I tried to sound and seem confident but deep down inside I was nervous and worried. It is true that Changbin likes to push my buttons and always wants me to play at my best but is because he wants to beat me and crush me hard, this time he just seems different. I can't figure out why. He finished his bag of Doritos and leaned his head over the chairs back to look at me. 

"what? Aren't you here to keep trash talking me?"I asked confused. 

Changbin shook his head as a no and just sighed hugging the back of my chair with a pout on hi slips. 

"I came to make a deal, to make things more interesting."

"Deal? What deal?"

"The winner gets the losers to do whatever they want, and since I'm confident we will win I will ask you to kiss me, in from of everyone."

"WHAT?" I squeaked out almost falling off my bed when I heard him say that. The guy had the nerve to smirk and wink at me when he got up from my chair to go to the door.

"Don't worry, it is just a kiss. nothing too small or too big. The loser kissing the victor always makes the crowd here go crazy and we definitely want to make this competition memorable."

I didn't know how to react. I just felt like throwing up and then fainting. Changbin on the other hand looked way too excited. He knew kissing him will be more than torture for me! I don't want to kiss him and he knows that! I can't believe he will force me to do that! I could back away ... but I'm not known for that... I don't back down for a challenge much less if it is with him. I have to win tomorrow!

"See you tomorrow hun. Do your best." he smiled and softly closed the door behind him. When the door closed shut I let my own body drop to the ground with my eyes staring into space. I was horrified. Scared and pissed. 

I don't want to lose.

I can't lose.

I don't and can't kiss Changbin. 

I just can't. 

I'm afraid to do that... I'm scared that some deep feelings might surface and ruin everything. Many times I have heard from many various people that Changbin might be my mate because of the way he acts and treats me. Many say that alphas tend to tease their mates a lot before coming of age, that it is an alpha's way to show and express affection to the wolf they feel connected to. It is true that he teases me a lot and he annoys the heck out of me and is always ME.  No one else. Many girls and male omegas try to get his attention, and humans too, but none get it. 

I have thought about it and honestly, I fear that it can be true and the reason why I always snap at him and avoid him is because of that. I just don't want to find out if we are meant for each other. He's annoying and he's too clingy. Plus, we were both raised here at the orphanage, isn't that weird? Aren't we like brothers or something?

Ugh!

I closed my eyes shut and pulled my hair and screamed into a cushion that was laying beside me. 

"I can't lose ... I have to win."

To be continued...

A/N: Apologies for taking so long to update. I have been busy with family matters and many other things. I will try to update again as soon as I can. I also want to express that all Black Lives are absolutely precious. They are all beautiful and they all deserve to be treated with respect and love. I love every one of you, no matter the country, religion, or color of your skin. 

If anyone is bored you can just DM me^^ 

#NoRacism

#BlackLivesMatter

#NoMoreViolence

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 3.1K 42
After being sold off to Jooheon, Changkyun tries to fight off against his cruel and malicious behavior, but only finds himself finding the truth abou...
977 76 10
Minho and Jisung. One is your average university student with good grades, at least from the outside. The other is a mysterious popular guy, known to...
32.6K 1.4K 18
Changkyun is just a college student. In his world, there's such a thing as soulmates. You can have one or many, having a soulmate means that you are...
671 33 30
Where two people who were meant to meet finally find love. Will they make it through all of the hard problems that are facing them in the future? Or...