Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1

614 8 1
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene starts off with Sora and Riku sparring. Since it's been a while, the boys decided to train to test each other's skills and get better. They were trading blows and moving fast until Sora pushed Riku back and the two stopped to catch their breath.

Sora: (chuckles) score for Sora! I'm up one.

Riku: who taught you how to count? We're even.

Sora: (sits down) you know, I'm starting to think this thing between us is never gonna end.

Riku: maybe. (Smirks) we got plenty of time.

Sora simply chuckles and the two stand back up into fighting positions. They wait for a moment and with battle cries, rushed towards each other and began clashing again. They locked blades and were pushing each other until they hear the doors opening and they relax and see Kairi entering.

Sora: hey, Kairi. What brings you here?

Kairi: heard fighting from the main room and wanted to see what you two were up to.

Riku: nothing serious. Just us having a friendly sparring match like old times.

Kairi: like you used to when we were younger?

Sora: sorta. We were also training. If we're gonna be fighting Xehanort's Organization, the Black Dragon, and the Four Horsemen, then we'll need to be ready for anything.

Kairi: in that case, (summons Destiny's Embrace) let me show you what I've learned.

Nodding in agreement, they took turns sparring each other. Even though Sora and Riku have more experience, Kairi was able to hold her ground against them. Thanks to the pocket dimension she was in with Axel, she's had a long time practicing. When they finished, they were tired and took a few water bottles out and relaxed a bit.

Sora: (to Kairi) you're pretty good.

Kairi: thanks. Merlin's timeless forest really helped Axel and I get ready for the battle. This time, I'm fighting besides you guys.

Riku: we wouldn't have it any other way.

Sora: yeah. (Beat) you know, it still feels like yesterday that we were kids wanting to explore the outside world.

Riku: yeah. We've come a long way since then. Everything was simple back then; build a raft, sail as far as we could, see new worlds and meet new people.

Kairi: now things have changed for us. We're looking for our lost friends, we've teamed up with a speedster with the power of a god, and we're fighting to save the universe. It's a little overwhelming.

Sora: it is. But, it's what we have to do. And don't worry, we'll find all four of our friends and bring them back.

Riku and Kairi: (confused) four?

Sora: yeah. Ienzo said there's another heart inside mine, and they've been there as long as Roxas has. I don't know who they are, but they could be someone connected to Roxas, and maybe even Naminé.

Riku: maybe.

He looked towards Sora, but for a moment, instead of Sora, he saw Xion instead. He's in shock and something begins to trigger in his memory. While Sora, Donald and Goofy were asleep, Riku had become a spy to keep track of the Organization's plans. During that time, he was struggling to control his darkness, and had wore the black coat and a blind fold as a way to maintain his original form. He met Xion, and at first they were enemies, but he soon became a mentor to her and helped her. Unfortunately, because he had a connection to her, his memories of Xion were erased and now barley even a dream.

Kairi: Riku? Riku!

Riku: (snaps back to reality) huh?

Sora: you okay?

Kairi: you looked lost in thought.

Riku: yeah, sorry. I guess I was wondering who that heart could be.

Kairi: Axel's been having similar moments like that, too. When I asked him about it, he said it was like he forgot something, but couldn't remember what. Maybe this someone, and the other heart, are connected.

Riku: now that you mention it... I remember my missions back when Sora was asleep, especially what it costed me. (Remembers the fight with Roxas and transforming into Ansem) but, I can't help but feel...like there's these gaps in my memory. I try to figure out why, but nothing.

Sora: well, Naminé has the power of memories, right? So, maybe she can help you and Axel when we bring her back.

Kairi: we'll bring them all home. (Beat) c'mon, let's go check in with the others.

They exit the training room and went to the living room where they found Ven and Axel playing chess, the toons catching up since they last spoke, and Arc and Aqua looking through tons of books.

Sora: hey gang.

Donald: hi Sora.

Goofy: you guys were gone a long time. What were you doing?

Sora: getting some training in. We figured we'd get ready for our fights with the Horsemen and be ready for them.

Kairi: is that what you're looking through, Arc and Aqua?

Arcturus: (stops speed reading) yep.

Aqua: this was everything the library had on them. Half of it was in different languages so Arc had to translate, and the other half had mentioned the Apocalypse.

Arcturus: from what we've found, the Four Horsemen have been around since the very beginning of everything. Like Shiro, they reincarnate into new bodies to carry out their work. They've even changed their names to Fury, Straife, Pollution, and a few others from time to time. Each of them represents a form of chaos and it is said that they will ride together on the day of Armageddon and bring the Apocalypse.

Riku: (sarcastic) that's lovely.

Ventus: what about a weakness?

Aqua: the books had said of when they were reincarnated, but nothing about a way to stop them. The only horseman who hasn't had that is Death.

Sora: (crosses his arms) so what do we do?

Mickey: our best solution against them is to fight as a team, like Master Yen Sid instructed. But first, we need to get the rest of our friends back.

Sora: have we found Terra?

Clara: (displays Keyblade Graveyard) I've scan the world over and over again. For some reason, we can't land there, so I went for trying to locate any forms of life. Unfortunately, there's no life signals there. From the looks of it, it's nothing more but a deserted wasteland.

Donald: so where is everybody?

Arcturus: they must've left to take care of other tasks. And, they might not want us there until the final battle comes.

Axel: alright, then. So, where do we go now?

This was a concern for them. They can't land on Keyblade Graveyard yet, and the Organization was apparently gone. Now it made the search to find Terra harder than before. They were lost in thought when Goofy suddenly had an idea.

Goofy: Sora went to Twilight Town to follow Roxas's heart, and he did the same thing to find Aqua in the realm of darkness. So, if she and Ventus follow their hearts, then maybe we'll find Terra.

Mickey: (smiles) good thinking, Goofy.

Aqua and Ventus: (places hands on their hearts) May our hearts be our guiding keys.

They went back to the main control room and both of them summoned their Keyblades. They concentrated, and the blades shoot two beams of light that created a gateway. The ship flies through, and on the other side was a familiar sight for Arc.

Donald: what world is that?

Arcturus: Future City. My home world.

Sora: why would Terra be on your home world?

Arcturus: only one way to find out.

*ON LAND*

The team appeared in light and everyone except Arc was amazed by the sight. They saw buildings with advance tech, flying vehicles along with the normal ground vehicles, and people that appeared to be of different races move around. This was like looking at a sci-fi film for them. Though, there was also come construction going down, due to the last attack on the city.

Sora: (grins) oh wow! This is even crazier than San Fransokyo! There must be so much to do here.

Riku: no kidding. This place makes even Radiant Garden less advance.

Arcturus: (smiles) she's a beauty.

Kairi: (sees the damage) was there an attack?

Arcturus: (remembers the battle) something like that.

Axel: with all this advance tech, could we maybe make replicas for Roxas and Naminé?

Arcturus: with the right formula, we can. My mom's at work, so we can pay her a visit to see the progress.

Donald: we can't now. We have a mission to do.

Sora: (bummed) aw, but I wanna see the big city.

Arcturus: don't worry Sora. We'll have plenty of time for exploring later.

Kairi: so, where do we find Terra?

Ventus: yeah. This place is so big, it's gonna be harder to find him here.

They then heard screaming and saw people running. Taking that as their cue, they head to the source, and saw Soulless terrorizing citizens. Everyone gets their weapons ready and gets into stances.

Arcturus: these morons just can't leave my home alone, can they!?

Sora: then let's make them!

They then attacked. Soulless we're much stronger then Heartless, but they did managed to take a few down. They were spawning in minors, Assassins, Golems, and Sinpers. Even though some of them were still recovering from the previous fights, they were able to team up and pull of multiple attacks. After some time fighting, they were able to defeat the last Soulless and everyone calmed down.

Kairi: they're definitely tougher then Heartless.

Ventus: but, why would they attack the city?

Donald: the Organization must have plans for this world.

Riku: not as long as we're around. Arcturus, is there anywhere we can go to track these things down?

Arcturus: my boss's HQ. We can head over there and come up with a plan.

All the sudden, everyone except Arc was suddenly restrained and dropped to the ground, loosing their weapons and trapped. They then saw they were surrounded by officers with their rifles trained on them.

Arcturus: (deadpanned) or we could let them come to us.

Sora: wh-wha? What's going on?

Goofy: yeah. We're the good guys.

Officer: (taps coms) inform Agent Farron the Sapphire Speedster has returned. And that we're bringing in potential threats.

Donald: ah, phooey.

Arcturus: oh for the love of god. It's alright everyone, they're with me.

Officer: sorry, speedster. We have orders to inspect potential threats to Future City. Including you.

The team was later in the back of a shuttle and were being transported to the Time Agency HQ. Luckily, Sentinel was piloting the ship and was able to remove the restraints from them. Arc's in the passenger seat next to him.

Arcturus: well, that was a nice "welcome home" greeting.

Sentinel: look, I'm sorry about the officers. Ever since the invasion a while back, people have been on edge and a lot are paranoid on any unexpected visitors. Especially ones that show up out of no where.

Sora: well, we're from—

Donald: order!

Arcturus: no need for that, Donald. This world's very well aware of the existence of others.

Axel: makes sense. Still, low burn that they attacked us after saving their asses.

Ventus: yeah. We're not here to threaten them.

Sentinel: you all should at least be great full I came down when I did. It's bad enough for me that I have to deal with keeping an arrest warrant off of Arcturus, and now we have this. (Sigh)(to Arc) we're not paying you to pull stunts like this.

Arcturus: I'm sorry, okay!? I honestly wasn't expecting to be back here this soon. Also, what arrest warrant? And, I'm getting payed?!

Sentinel: I'll explain back at base.

Arcturus: (whispers after a moment of silence) how much?

They arrived to the base and left to the control room. Everyone was amazed at the layout of the building, and was surprised that this was where Arc technically worked. They entered the main room where they were greeted by Arc's friends, Jaime and Yuri, and his mother Lightning.

Jaime: (heads over to them) Arc!

Arcturus: Jaime! (Gives him a bro hug) good to see you, man.

Jaime: you too. (Breaks hug and sees the gang) who's your crew?

Arcturus: these are Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Ventus, Axel and Mickey. They're my friends. (Turns to the group) guys, these are my friends Jaime and Yuri, and my mom, Lightning.

Sora: (smiles) nice to meet you all.

Yuri: likewise. It was a surprise you came back.

Kairi: we're looking for someone. We're hoping we could find them here.

Sentinel: who are they?

Arcturus: (shows a picture of Terra) have you seen anyone like this?

Lightning: (shakes her head no) however, there have been more sightings of Soulless. They've been dormant since the attack a few months back, but, something's changed.

Jaime: we're trying to look into it more, but we've been busy making sure Arc doesn't windup as someone's lab rat.

Aqua: that's right. What's this about Arc being arrested?

The others share uneasy looks and Sentinel pulls up multiple news reports and articles of not just the attack, but other recent news of apparent attacks done by "a speedster." Various reports were titled "Speedster Gone Rouge?", "Hero Turned Destroyer", "Dragon Controls Soulless," and many others.

Lightning: I was hoping we'd figure this out before you came back. Ever since the attack a while back, people have been on edge of any other potential threats. A lot have been blaming you for that, and to make it worse, there've been incidents that people claimed to have seen you attacking and destroying.

Sora: that's ridiculous! Arc's a hero, and would never do that!

Goofy: not to mention, he was with us the whole time.

Donald: he's been framed!

Yuri: that's what we think. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get evidence that suggests otherwise. Whoever's doing this is smart, and wants to turn this world against you, Arc.

Arcturus: Cronos might be behind it, but he would let anyone else to take the credit.

Lightning: it doesn't matter. No one frames my son and gets away with it!

Mickey: it seems like our hearts brought us here for more then searching for Terra.

Riku: Mickey's right. We need to prove Arc's innocence.

Arcturus: guy you don't have—

Sora: we do! Arc, this is your home. We can't just let you be accused of something you didn't do. We'll help prove your innocence, and rescue Terra at the same time!

Ventus: yeah. That's what friends do for each other.

Arcturus was a bit surprised by this at first, but soon smiled in great fullness.

Arcturus: alright. If we're gonna find Terra and who's framing me, we should split up.

With some discussion, they decided to have Sora, Donald, Goofy and Kairi help Arc find out who's setting him up, while Riku, Mickey, Axel, Aqua and Ventus locate Terra.

While Riku's team was with Sentinel looking into possible leads on where Terra could be, Sora's team was asked to meet up with some old faces.

Arcturus: so, who'd you want us to meet?

Lightning: well, after you asked about that lead for the Replicas, I went out and looked for Sho.

Arcturus: (shocked) Sho?

Sora: who's Sho?

Lightning: Arc's little brother.

Everyone: whaaat!?

Sora: first an older sister, now a little brother? How many siblings do you have?

Arcturus: Sho's...not my actual little brother. He's Uncle Cloud and Aunt Tifa's six year old son.

Sora: huh?

???: don't confuse him, Arc.

Surprised by the familiar voice, the gang turns to see Cloud and Tifa entering the room. Behind them, was a small boy with dark hair, green eyes, and a blue hoodie.

A/N: remove the band aids

Sora, Donald and Goofy: Cloud! Tifa!

Cloud: it's good to see you three. (Looks at Arc) and I haven't been called uncle in a long time.

Arcturus: (chuckles) it just stuck with all this time. (Looks at Sho) and who's this?

The boy was at first nervous, but when he saw Arc, he smiled and ran over to hug him. Arc sees this and kneels down to hug him.

Sho: Arc!

Arcturus: hey, buddy. It's good to see you.

Sho: (looks up at the others) who are they?

Sora: oh! I'm Sora

Donald: Donald.

Goofy: the name's Goofy.

Kairi: and I'm Kairi. We're Arc's friends.

They couldn't help but smile at this. They haven't been around Sho for more then five minutes, and already they love the little guy. Sora then remembers on what they heard earlier.

Sora: so, Lightning, how will we get the replicas?

The adults share a look, and then looked at Sho.

Tifa: Sho, honey, why don't you show Arc some of your toys and you two can play?

Sho: (smiles and jumps) yes, yes, yes!

Arcturus: (stands up and holds his hand) okay, buddy. Lead the way. (They exit)

Goofy: how old is Sho?

Cloud: six.

Donald: but six year olds can't create super scinency stuff.

Lightning: Sho's a unique case. His mind is different from others his age. We're not entirely sure how he does it, but when he works on certain equations, he can solve it in ways that even scientists would be surprised.

Tifa: unfortunately, his original family abused his gift for that.

Donald: he's adopted?

Cloud: yep. When Tifa and I found out what was happening to him, we fought to gain custody over him.

Tifa: and after Sephiroth disappeared, we were back on our home world, Midgar, and have been trying to give him a normal life, since.

Sora: wow. That's very nice of you. (Beat) how does Arc know him.

Lightning: back when we went on missions together, Arc would help babysit Sho, and they bonded over time and Sho started calling him his big brother.

Speaking of, Arc was playing with Sho as the boy switched with his toys and showing him some of his drawings. They were of cars, animals, and a few of his family, including one of Arc that said "Me and my Big Brother."

Arcturus: wow, Sho. These are amazing.

Sho: thank you. Mommy says I'm a natural. I don't know what that means.

Arcturus: that just means you're good at drawing. Do you like playing with your parents.

Sho: uh-huh. But, I missed you.

Arcturus: I missed you, too, buddy. (Sees a picture of a beach) what's this one?

Sho: oh! My teachers at school told me to draw a place I want to go to. Mommy and Daddy showed me the beach, and I want all of us to go there. (A little sadden) but, they're busy a lot, so we don't have much time.

That was part of the truth. Due to being trapped on Midgar, they weren't able to go to places that had the beach. And, since he's six, Sho doesn't understand the concept of other worlds existing from one another. And due to Xehanort's threat, it wouldn't be safe for him, especially with his gift. An idea came to Arc.

Arcturus: why don't we all go to the beach together?

Sho: huh?

Arcturus: my friends and I are working to stop this bad man from hurting people. But, when we're done, all of us can go to the beach together.

Sho: (holds pinky up) pinky promise?

Arcturus: (smiles and wraps pinky around Sho's) you bet, buddy. I promise we'll go see the ocean together. No matter what.

Sho: (hugs him) thank you, Arc. You're the best big brother ever.

Arcturus smiles and returns the hug. He then picks him up and they head back to the others. Unknown to them, there was something slowly floating down and landed on the floor. It was a single black feather.

Author's note: we made it here!
Technically, this would be considered the second Act of the story, and will be focusing more on Arc's Dragon power. I won't say too much, but Sho has a part in it.
Sora and Riku go back into their little competitive fighting. These two have a brotherly relationship, and I decided to have them spar for fun and train together for the battle to come.
Terra will return. I have plans on what will happen, and will bring him back.
They return to Future City. The plot for this came at the last minute. On who's framing our boy, will be connected to another group that I rarely show, but decided to bring them in.
They also meet Arc's friends and his mother.
To explain on Sho, if you've seen the show "Eureka," he's based off of one of the characters named "Kevin." We'll see Sho's gift when they work on the replicas.

Next chapter: a devil in the form of an angel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 184 124
Time of the Keyblade Final Mix Kingdom Hearts 3.5 Dragon War Final Mix Knight of the Storm Final Mix Parts 1 and 2 Arcturus Farron's journey through...
15.5K 329 13
This is a continuation of Let Your Heart Speak Volumes [Izuku x Xion] (Kingdom Hearts). All rights reserved for the original owner, I just loved that...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...
12.9K 262 30
(Book 7) Hikari goes with Sora, Donald and Goofy to embark on a new journey to unlock her true power of the Princess of Kingdom Hearts and help Sora...