š’š„š‹š„šš„. ( š˜µš˜¦š˜¦š˜Æ š˜øš˜°...

By secretinigma

( šˆš’š€š€š‚ š‹š€š‡š„š˜ ) ā€• š˜“š˜©š˜¦ š˜Æš˜¦š˜¦š˜„š˜¦š˜„ š˜¢ š˜øš˜¢š˜ŗ š˜µš˜° š˜£š˜¦ š˜©š˜¶š˜®š˜¢š˜Æ, š˜øš˜©š˜Ŗš˜¤š˜© š˜øš˜°š˜¶š˜­š˜„š˜Æ'... More

š’š„š‹š„šš„. introduction
epigraph
000
act one
001
002
003
004
005
006
008
009
010
011
š’š„šš”š„š‹
NEW BOOK!

007

5.6K 162 63
By secretinigma

CHAPTER SEVEN

( SELENE HAYDES )

ONE: CHILD OF THE STARS

it had been two days since selene and erica were attacked by the kanima, selene didn't know about erica but she had spent those two days resting. it was now sunday night and she lay in her bed on the phone to nicholas. the boy had told her that he hadn't spoken to erica either, but really wanted to. their call was cut short when she recieved a call from scott. the boy telling her to meet him by the warehouse district, she began to argue but scott ended the call before she could really shout at him.

she was still dressed in her clothes from the day, so would lay out from shouting at scott when she got there. the girl threw nicholas' varsity jacket over her white bandeau top which she wore with a high waisted black skirt. the outfit colours not co-coordinating with the coat but she didn't have a choice

her hair was in a high messy bun with pieces of hair sticking out on the sides and the back, the blonde highlights worked with the bun to her luck. she picked up her car keys before rushing downstairs leaving a note for natalie. considering lydia had stayed at her dads that weekend.

――――

after she had picked up scott from the warehouse district he asked her to drive him to where he worked, the animal clinic. the girl having no idea why but obeyed the boys wishes. the car ride was silent for the majority until scott broke the silence.

"are you not cold?" he asked staring down at her bare legs which she usually would have on display.

"i have magic, scotty" she said shrugging as she showed him her hand which she made glow in the moment. silence took over again as a unsettling atmosphere took over. "what do you really want to ask me?" she sighed as she pulled up to the clinic.

"what's been up with you these past few days?" he asked worried, remembering how her chemo signals had been all over the place.

"this whole situation, i'm scared for how it's going to end. i just want it to be over, i can't handle it anymore" she said being completely and utterly honest with the boy in the moment, as she felt vulnerable sitting next to him.

"if you give me the time, i'll handle it" scott said grabbing the girls hand that was still on the steering wheel as he wrapped his larger ones around it.

the girl nodded as she leaned back into her seat, before pulling her hands away unbuckling her seat belt. she opened her door before exiting the car and locking it after scott was out, walking up to the front of the clinic.

scott unlocked the door for the girl as she entered walking straight to the small room where they would usually treat animals, she was met with the face of scott's boss. deaton. the girl jumped before apologising.

"you're selene aren't you?" deaton said not remembering meeting the girl, selene slightly nodded as she walked around to the counter lifting herself up.

"witch?" he asked causing her breath to hitch and her eyes to widen, she glanced around the room before noticing all of the supernatural herbs and figured out how he knew.

"you're a druid aren't you?" she asked remembering when their families druid would come round and help the young girl with her magic.

the man nodded liking how the girl had caught on so quick. she smiled as she knew she could trust the man considering druids were meant to maintain the balance between the supernatural and the human world.

she could hear the front door of the clinic open as she heard multiple footsteps make their way inside. scott had just let isaac and derek in, confused on why isaac was there.

"what's he doing here?" scott asked not wanting isaac involved as he stared down the boy.

"i need him" derek said simply as isaac jogged in behind him.

"i don't trust him" scott said simply as he noticed isaac begin to smell around the room, finding the scent familiar

"yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either" isaac said referring to himself in the third person. "and who else is here?" the boy said not being able to figure it out.

"you know what? and derek really doesn't care" the man said becoming fed up of the boys childish behaviour as he looked between the two. isaac taking a seat on the desk outside.

deaton nodded for selene to follow the man outside of the room, the girl getting up before walking beside him.

"now where's the vet? is he going to help us or not?" derek asked as his voice became authorative.

deaton leaned against the walls selene stood beside him with her arms crossed "that depends" he said as all the boys turned to him, isaac and derek's eyes quickly going to selene "your friend, jackson. are we planning to kill him or save him?" deaton asked making selene push off the wall.

"save him" "kill him" selene and scott said at the same time that derek said to kill the boy. selene rolled her eyes before walking closer to derek.

"under no circumstances does jackson, die" she clarified before moving her pointed finger between derek's chest and isaac's. making derek swallow before looking up in an annoyed manner.

"save him" scott clarified towards deaton making the man nod. as he walked back into the room, everyone following after him.

――――

deaton pulled out a small crate of powders with different symbols on them, selene only recognising a few. the most specific being mountain ash. the man picked up the glass as isaac's hand went to touch one, selene stopping him quick enough.

"watch what you touch" she said looking him in the eye as she slowly moved his hand back to the table. the blonde boy slightly nodding.

isaac leaned forward on the table as he smirked looking at deaton "so, what are you? some kind of witch?" he asked making selene laugh.

she quickly covered her mouth not liking the sound she had just made as all the men in the room turned to her "only one witch in here, lahey" she said not revealing what deaton was.

"no, i'm a veterinarian" deaton said looking up from the small glass in his hand.

isaac mouthed an okay as he moved his eyes back to the table, his fascinated look never leaving his face although.

"unfortunately, i don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defence against a paralytic toxin" the man said putting the glass he held in his hands back down

"we're open to suggestions" derek said looking up to deaton

"what about an effective offence?" isaac suggested making selene shake her head

"we already tried" derek and selene said at the same time, both of them turning to face eachother before the eye contact became to much for selene causing her to shoot her head down.

"i nearly took its head off and argent emptied an entire clip into it. the thing just gets back up." derek said as he remembered the night.

"does it show any weaknesses?" deaton asked as selene remembered the night at the pool

"it can't swim" derek answered before she had the chance, but it made no sense to her.

"does that go for jackson as well?" deaton asked making selene scoff and roll her eyes

"no." she laughed before continuing "hes the captain of the swim team" she explained

"essentially, you're trying to catch two people. " deaton said before walking to one of his drawers pulling out a small pendant

" a puppet" he said holding it up to the four "and a puppeteer" he said before placing it down on the table. "one killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife. do we know why?" deaton asked as he leaned on the table.

no one answered until scott decided to speak "i don't think jackson could do it. his mother died pregnant, too, and she was maybe murdered" scott said gesturing to the table.

"he wouldn't let the same thing happen to someone else" selene finished catching on to what the boy was saying

"how do you know it's not part of the rules" isaac said as he stared at the pendant, his face one of concentration "the kanima kills murderers. if jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies, too"

"does that mean your father was a murderer?" scott asked turning to the boy, selene felt bad for the boy, she knew he didn't deserve what his father did to him. no one did.

"wouldn't surprise me if he was" isaac said as he had a distant look in his eyes thinking of the man.

"hold on. the book says they're bonded, right?" deaton asked as he hit the table making all eyes turn to him. derek nodded. "what if the fear of water isn't coming from jackson but from the person controlling him?"

"so whatever affects the kanima also affects the master?" selene asked as deaton began to place a circle of mountain ash around the pendant.

him gesturing for selene to stick her hand out, the girl doing so. deaton pulling the girls hand towards the circle before a strong wave of pain hit her, causing her to pull her hand away. her eyes flashing the ghastly green they do whenever she's hurt.

the werewolves eyes all snapping to deaton threateningly as selene's skins had turned a bright red from the excruciating pain. derek stared at the girl expecting her to answer his silent question "i'm alright" she said slowly. "i'm alright" she repeated until she no longer felt eyes on her.

"mountain ash. hurts witches more than any other creature" deaton explained as selene held her aching hand close to her.

"meaning what?" isaac asked before scott cut him off "meaning we can catch them" scott said as deaton nodded.

"both of them" scott said as a small smile began to overtake his features.

selene's hand still ached as she could see the red that began to cover her skin turn purple. the girl quickly walking out of the room towards the bathroom to run it under water. she didn't hear the footsteps behind her until they also opened the bathroom door. the girl partially seeing isaac's reflection in the mirror.

"what do you want, lahey?" she said looking up to see his reflection in the mirror, his blue eyes sticking out to all the dull colours in the room.

"are you okay?" he asked, the girl not sensing any joke in his tone and seeing the concerned look in his eyes turned to him and nodded .

the boy nodded in reply before turning around to leave, however her voice stopped him as she was now looking at his face. "thank you" was all she said, the boy nodded before finally leaving.

the girl let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in as she held herself up by holding onto the sink with her good hand. letting out a large gasp for air as she stared at the ceiling light.

――――

after selene got home she found out from natalie that lydia wouldn't be coming home for another two days, for what reason she wasn't told. but she was told that lydia just needed time to herself.

nicholas had picked her up for school the next day before they went their separate ways. the boy now in the changing rooms with scott and stiles. the stilinski boy trying to convince danny to give them his tickets.

"hear me out. you give us the tickets, and you devote your life to abstinence, and just--" stiles said making nicholas laugh , causing danny to hit his arm.

danny shook his head no before walking away, nicholas taking his previous spot before isaac showed up placing his hands on scott and stiles' shoulder. "how do you two losers even survive?" he asked exasperatedly

"ask myself the same question everyday, lahey" nicholas said as she kept a straight face when looking at the boy.

"what are we supposed to do? no one's even selling." scott said ignoring the two boys works, stiles looking between them offended.

"... wait here, boys" isaac said patting their shoulders before noticing a boy with two tickets showing his other friends on the other side of the room and walking over.

"what is he gonna?" scott said before they could see isaac throw the boy into the walls of the locker "ow, oh, my-" stiles cut himself off as he winced for the boy. "yup, that's excessive" nicholas said as the three boys listened to the bangs and yelps of the boy. "that'll bruise" scott added on.

isaac finally having the tickets walked back to scott and stiles pushing them to their chests before patting them "enjoy the show" before walking away.

"there's a solution" nicholas said laughing slightly at their faces before grabbing his bag and walking out of the room.

――――

it was now friday and nicholas and selene had arrived at the rave, selene having allison go with matt to keep suspicion off her and scott. matt was quite angry but didn't show it and instead went with allison happily. the girls hair was perfectly straightened as she wore a red leather mini skirt and a black v neck bodysuit top. her black heels working well.

nicholas had drifted off with danny the girl telling him she'd phone him when she needed his help. the two had drifted off into the crowd dancing as she tried looking for jackson. she had found him but also saw erica.

nicholas had noticed allison and scott arguing and quickly rushed to allison as scott started running away "just stay out of the way!" he ordered her. the girl having tears brim her eyes as nicholas quickly pulled her into a hug.

"it's okay" he said as the girl held back the sob that wanted to quickly leave her throat. he didn't notice the harsh eyes of matt that watched him.

selene had just seen isaac leaning on a beam probably waiting for scott, the puppy dog eyed boy passed her the girl grabbing his arm motioning for the syringe "i'll give it to him" she said, the boy nodding before walking away

she quickly rushed to isaac's side grabbing the boys arm so that he was now facing her as she leaned in front of him. the boys eyes quickly did a double take over her outfit making her roll her eyes "not the time, lahey" she said as she snapped her fingers in his face.

"why me?" isaac asked as she started to put the dosage of the ketamine in.

"i need to keep an eye on nicholas and make sure the room stays empty" she says as she turns to him, the boy turning to look at erica and jackson.

she grabbed his chin with her hand as she turned his face back to her "you have to do it intravenously , which means in the vein. when you find him, you pull back on this plunger right here" she said as she used her free hand to open his closed one and put the syringe in it.

"in the neck probably, it'll be easier" she said not letting go off his hands, as she looked around. the boy didn't think she knew she was holding them still but didn't say anything. "so find the vein, jam it in there, pull back on the trigger" she whispered.

"be careful" she said as she finally let herself stare into his blue eyes which infiltrated her thoughts, the boy chuckled as he looked down at her.

"i doubt it'll even slightly hurt him" he said as he looked down at the syringe. she scrunched her eyebrows.

"no, i mean you" she said making him snap his head to her "i don't want you to get hurt" she said as she let go of his hand before walking away. the boys eyes following her confused on why she cared.

――――

the girl had been waiting outside of the small room they would hold jackson in for ten minutes, as everyone around her was having the time of their lives. after seeing isaac and erica dragging an unconscious jackson she pulled her phone out as she kicked the door open slightly letting them drag him in. the girl called nicholas and then stiles not saying anything hoping they would understand why she called.

they dropped jacksons body on the chair before walking back not wanting to be near the unconscious boy. erica and selene made eye contact before selene smiled slightly "you look good" she said, glad the girl had lived.

"so do you, considering what happened" erica said referring to the previous friday in the library. selene chuckled slightly as she moved to stand in-between the two

a body crashing through the door caused all three heads to snap in the direction, seeing nicholas cho covered in sweat with his shirt sticking to his body. "what'd i miss?" he asked as he tried catching his breath.

"nothing, nicky, jesus" selene sighed out as she watched her bestfriend double over in pain.

"don't you look hot, nicholas" erica said smirking as she looked the boy up and down, his usually perfect hair was now messed up and in its natural waves.

"same goes for you, reyes" he said finally standing up straight looking the girl up and down. he moved closer to the blonde girl so they're shoulder were practically brushing against eachother.

selene rolled her eyes as she was forced to move closer to isaac. the blonde boy making as much room to keep them apart but their hands were still forced to brush against eachother. they both felt a small spark shoot through their hands causing their eyes to momentarily meet. selene looked away first not wanting to show any signs that the interaction made her feel something.

"uh, no, no, no!" stiles yelled as he ran in scaring everyone as nicholas moved to stand in front of erica protectively " just me, it's just me. don't freak." stiles said as he threw his arms out.

"he's okay?" stiles asked as he stared at the unconscious boy.

"well, let's find out" isaac said as she moved closer to jackson, kneeling beside the chair as he flicked his claws out about to scratch jackson. although the unconscious boy grabbed his arm squeezing tightly until a bone cracked out of place.

isaac pulling back as he grunted in pain breathing heavily back to his previous position taking a seat on a chair in the corner. "okay, no one does anything like that again, okay?" stiles said pointing at jackson.

selene turned to the lahey boy as he sat down still groaning over his injured arm, the girl grabbed it holding it in-between her hands looking over it to see the redness. "oh, i thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out?" isaac said as he looked up at selene even though his voice was directed to stiles.

"yeah, well, apparently this is all we're going to get" stiles said as he gestured to jacksons half conscious state "so let's just hope that whoever's controlling him just decided to show up tonight" stiles voice quietened down becoming unfaithful in the plan.

"i'm gonna put it back in place" selene whispered as she looked down at the blue eyed boy. isaac nodded as he continued to feel the pain of jackson's grip.

isaac leaned his forehead against selene's shoulder as the girl held his arm ready to twist the broken bone back into place so he could start healing. the loud groan he released when she did it caused her to wince as isaac let out a harsh breath on her bare arm causing her to let out shiver at the contact.

"i'm right here" a distorted voice said as jacksons head snapped up, his eyes being fogged over as his head was in an unruly position. "i'm right here with you" the creature said causing all of them to back up.

――――

"jackson, is that you?" stiles asked and he leaned down in front of the boy, jackson looked as if he wasn't there mentally.

"us. we're all here" the distorted voice said as stiles turned his head to face the others, selene could see stiles' eyes were glasses over.

"are you the one killing people?" nicholas asked quietly as he stared at his best friend horrified.

"we are the ones killing murderers" the voice said as erica had begun to change feet she was balancing on, as nicholas kept his protective stance in front of her.

"so all the people you've killed so far..." stiles said waiting for someone to finish, not wanting to say it.

"deserved it" the distorted voice finished as jackson clenched his teeth. selene had backed up accidentally knocking into isaac, the boys large hand landing on her hip to steady her. the unusual contact from the boy confused the girl but she didn't push him away.

"see we've got a little rule book that say you only go after murderers" stiles said not changing his position.

"anything can break if enough pressure's applied" selene noticed that was something harris had said to them in class once.

"all right, so the people you're killing are all murderers then?" stiles asked trying to make sense of the situation.

"all" the voice said "each" it continued "every one" it finished as a shiver went up selene's back making isaac's hand tighten around her.

"well, who did they murder?" nicholas asked wanting to get to the bottom of the situation

"me" was all the voice said as nicholas' mouth immediately shut and he pulled erica back slightly.

"wait, what? what do you mean?" stiles asked squinting his eyes.

"they murdered me" jackson said as he hardened his jaw. stiles turned to the other as isaac moved to where nicholas and erica stood his hand still firmly on selene hip.

jacksons neck snapped as he tilted it back up revealing his kanima eyes "they murdered me" he repeated in a darker voice as he slowly started lifting his clawed hand.

"okay, all right. more ketamine. the man needs ketamine. come on" stiles said as isaac and selene both glanced to the empty glass in isaac's hand.

"we don't have anymore" selene rushed out worried as stiles turned to her with wide eyes.

"you used the whole bottle?" he asked as he breathed out annoyed.

"well it still wasn't enough anyway" she said throwing her arms in the air before erica began hitting her shoulder staring at jackson with wide fearful eyes.

jackson stood up as he kept his eyes focused on the group of 5, nicholas pulling erica and selene's hands towards him before jackson let out a loud snarl.

"umm.." stiles said as jacksons head started shaking violently "okay, out, everybody out" he said as he began pushing erica towards the door

"go, go , go, go" isaac said as he grabbed selene's hand pulling the girl out of the room with him. the teenagers piled out quickly before all leaning against the shut door so jackson couldn't leave

"find something to move in front of the door" nicholas said as erica and selene moved away from the door. however the loud bang that erupted when jackson made a whole through the steel room caused all of their heads to snap that way.

"shit!" selene screamed as she watched the kanima run away from where they had it trapped. isaac began pushing her forward as nicholas pushed erica by her shoulders, the blonde still slightly in shock. the teenagers were off following stiles through the teenagers inside towards the car park.

stiles had gotten out first as he looked around for the creature, he made his way to his jeep as derek ran up beside him. "hey! um... so we kind of lost jackson inside" derek's head shot to him as stiles stopped seeing isaac, erica, nicholas and selene run out.

nicholas passing the mountain ash barrier as isaac, erica and selene stayed back knowing they wouldn't be able to pass. "oh, my god! it's working. oh, this is..." stiles said smiling largely as he gestured to the barrier "yes. i did something." he yelled as he pointed to himself.

a loud roar echoed throughout the building making all the werewolves and the witches head snap towards where the sound came.

"scott?" derek said as he faced inside the building, it was if scott was calling for his help. and that could only have meant that scott was in trouble.

"what?" stiles said confused on what derek was focusing on considering he couldn't hear scott due to him being human.

"break it" derek said quickly as his face morphed to one of concern as he turned to the scrawny buzz cut boy.

"no way!" stiles argued not wanting to mess up the plan that he had perfectly set up, proud of his mountain ash barrier.

"scott's dying!" derek yelled as he motioned towards the building his face hardening.

"okay, what? how do you know that?" stiles said as he suddenly became concerned at derek's words.

"stiles! just break it!" selene yelled intervening as nicholas quickly rushed to the circle bending down and breaking the circle of mountain ash, before derek began running past it and into the building.

stiles bent to his knees as he stared at the broken circle which he had spent so long working on, selene sighed before walking past the circle towards the jeep. leaning her body against it as she prayed to herself that scott would be alright and that derek would save him in time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1K 13
teen wolf season four book four stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed Ā© voidvaleska
147K 3.8K 23
š…š‘š„š’š‡ šš‹šŽšŽšƒ. ā› she's somewhat immortal. āœ . . . . š™—š™¤š™¤š™  š™¤š™£š™š . . . . š™©š™šš™šš™£ š™¬š™¤š™”š™› š™Øš™šš™–š™Øš™¤š™£ š™¤š™£š™š Ā©ļø 2019 . . . . š™—š™–š™”š™šš™£...
184K 4.5K 37
When Davina Stilinski falls for the "enemy" Isaac lahey, it's like the world changes. People change. {Isaac lahey x fem oc!} I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF
398K 5.2K 60
- Scott McCall - Stiles Stilinski - Liam Dunbar - Theo Raeken - Jordan Parrish - Isaac Lahey - Aiden Steiner - Jackson Whittemore - Derek Hale ...