Secret Angel

By anonymously_unknown_

Long ago, when Lilian was only a baby, a dying guardian angel came upon her. She bestowed Lily with her power... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 20
Chapter 21- Doctor's Appointment
Chapter 22- Suspicion
Chapter 23 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 24 - Full Moon
Chapter 25-Crazy Day
Chapter 26- First Step in Mating
Chapter 27- Love is in the air
Chapter 28- Beach Day
Chapter 29-Pretty Eventful Day
Chapter 30-Desperate times call for desperate measures
Chapter 31- Drews Perspective
Chapter 32- Answers and Miracles
Chapter 33- More questions
Chapter 34-Coming Home
Chapter 35- Progress
Chapter 36-Comforting Friends
Chapter 37- I have a plan
Chapter 38- His Reaction
Chapter 39-Changing Things
Chapter 40- The time has come
Chapter 41- Confrontation
Chapter 42-Hospital Drama
Chapter 43- True Feelings
Chapter 44- Unexpected things
Chapter 46- Late Afternoon
Chapter 47-Training
Chapter 48- The Big Date
Chapter 49- My Angel, My Protector
Chapter 50- Something fishy
Chapter 51-Relationship Goals
Chapter 52-What the...?
Chapter 53- Girl Power
Chapter 54- Strategy
Chapter 55- Rocky Waters
Chapter 56- Relationship Problems
Chapter 57- I need Drew
Chapter 58-My Hell
Chapter 59- Left with Our Thoughts
Chapter 60-Survival
Chapter 61-One Found
Chapter 62- Minor Setback
Chapter 63-Numb
Chapter 64-Desperation
Chapter 65- Let the Storm Come
Chapter 66-Too Late
fan art
Chapter 67-Hanging on by a Tread
Chapter 68-A Promise
Chapter 69-Process
Chapter 70-One Step Closer
Chapter 71-Blissful

Chapter 45- Losts and Support

49.9K 1.5K 185
By anonymously_unknown_

^^^^^^^^Lilys outfit today

9 days later...

Lily's Pov:

So this past week past been odd.

I am still living in the pack.

My uncle is doing fine. He is actually going home tomorrow which I'm excited about. The nurses say that he is doing better than they expected and the doctor approves.

Drew has come with me everyday. We went to get my jeep a few days agao, so He normally meets me in the hospital. I don't ask hin to but he comes with a coffee in hand.

He had met my parents. He loves them. I don't have to ask, I know. My parents gave Drew a chance to prove he wasn't just a heart breaker and they love him too.

Drew and I haven't talked about us at all. We still have ackward pauses or are just silent.

I don't know what is holding us back at all, but I'm just happy he is here.

Callie has bwen coming by. Apparently her and Jackson made up, which I am happy about also. Turns out that Jackson feels totally guilty of what he has done and wishes he didn't let his wolf out in the first place. He hasn't come to me yet, but I know he will.

The other day Stacey came with Peyton and Jessica. They apologized and of course I forgave them.

I made sure that today in the hospital I would have something to do. So I made sure to pack my phone charger so it wouldn't die. I had just downloaded this new game that should be for little kids but it was fun.

I put it my my brownish everyday purse around my shoulder.

Today I am wearing a nice outift. I don't jnow why but I felt that today was gonna be a good day and I should dress like it.

I grabbed a granola bar and went into the elevator.

The nightmares have subsided. I think the reason why is because I have been seeing Drew and he forgave me.

My appearance has become better. I still have dark bags under my eyes, but my eyes are blue again, but they have a little of scarlet still. My cheeks are still pink, but its now faint.

I turned on the engine amd drove to the hospital.

I missed my jeep so much, I'm just happy that I have it back.

I parked the jeep where I normally do and walked in.

"Hello Nurse Fetchen." I said happily.

Nurse Fetchen is one of the nurses I saw hi to everyday and shes just so nice.

"Hi Sweety." She said with a slight frown. Strange.

I walked up the stairs, taking my time as I climbed up the steps.

I walked into the waiting room to see both of my parents hunched over, whispering soft things to each other, with mini tears running down their cheeks.

"Mom!" I called out, jodging up to them. "Dad, whats wrong?" I asked, sitting by his side.

Mom dried dried her tears and Dad looked up at me sadly.

"Darling, Uncle Greg... he's gone." Dad said, slowly carefully.

I shook my head. I must have heard him wrong.

"What?" I asked, hoping he was kidding.

"Drew said, he wanted to be there when you found out, so he waited by the elevators downstairs." Dad exclaimed. "He's gone, he really is."

"No." I whispered to myself. I couldn't believe it. No it just couldn't happen to me.

"I'm so sorry, honey." Mom said, giving me a long-lasting hug.

He's gone. I didn't get to say goodbye. He was supposed to speak at my wedding. He was supposed to meet my children. I am not ready for him to go, but its too late.

Before I knew it tears started falling down my cheeks into Moms sweater.

Uncle Greg was too good of a man to die. He never got married. When I asked him about it, he said, "I don't need a wife to be happy, when I have great people, like you in my life."

Tears fell harder, but I held on. I didn't want my full body to take in this great amount of grief.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice shaky. "They said he was doing fine."

"Turns out that he had cancer in his liver." Dad said.

Cancer! Cancer. If I would have known... I could have saved him. He could still be here.

"Oh." I said, my breathing uneven.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Mom said, getting out of our hug and picking up her things.

I nodded my head and wiped the tears off my face.

We walked to the elevator in silence and sniffles.

"Do you want to come with us or go back?" Dad asled, depressingly.

"I'm gonna go back to the Johnsons." I said my voice only above a whisper.

"Okay." Mom said, moving a piece of hair out of my face.

I gave her a weak smile, to show her that I'm alright,  when really I'm not.

The doors open and Drew is standing there, waiting.

He has a warm smile on his face, but it is replaced with a sadden look, when he spots me.

He knows that I am trying to hide my emotions, he can read me like a book.

"Are you coming back?" Drew asked me.

"Mhm." I said.

We walked out into the parking lot and I hugged my parents goodbye.

After they left, I looked back at Drew, tears wouldn't  come.

Drew looked at me with such sadness, that would have made me cry, but I  didn't.

He didn't spend anytime standing there. He walked up  to me and pulled me by the waist into his chest.

I didn't hesitate, I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him closer.

Tingled egnited my whole body, making my knees weak to the bone.

I missed his hugs, I admit that. His hugs were so warm, gentle, but also secure, and made me feel safe.

"It's just me. Let it out." He said, laying his chin on top my head.

He is right. It was just Drew. He is my mate. He knows me too well.

Truth is I did want to let  it out, which bothered me. What bothered me even more is that tears never came. I was filled with sadness, fustration, and anger.

I just held him tighter.

Drew kissed the top of my head and thats when I knew that I really missed his touch. I hugged him even tighter, not wanting him to leave.

Drew noticed and said, "Come on, let's go." He said, grabbing my hand and taking me to his truck. I missed his touch so very much.

"I-I can drive." I said, my voice scratchy.

"I want to take you back." He said, making a small smile.

"Okay." I said.

The car ride was silent. Not a word. He wasn't holding my hand anymore.

We walked into the pack house, with everyone's eyes on us. From what I could observe, they probably thought we got into a fight, due to my puffy eyes.

We hopped into the elevator.  Still complete silence.

Once we got to the pent house, Elizabeth engulfed me into a big hug telling me her consultancies.

She didn't end up staying. She said she had to go grocery shopping, while everyone else was keeping themselves distracted with work.

Drew walked me to my room.

I threw my purse on a nearby table, that almost bumbed into a vase.

"Are you okay?" Drew asked me, joining me on the front of the bed.

"I'll be fine." I said, looking up into his beautiful hazel eyes.

Honestly, I didn't know if I was fine. I mean just a hour ago I found out that my second dad died.

"Are you sure? I can stay." Drew said, and just as he said that his eyes got all foggy. Mindlink.

"No, go do whatever you have to do. I'll be fine." I said.

"I can just go tell Parker to do it. It's nothing big." Drew said.

"No, go. I need some space. To...you know." I said.

"Okay." Drew said, moving his head closer, making his lips kiss my forehead like he always used to do.

He moved a hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear, and smiling down at me.

And then he left the room.

How could I have not thought of cancer? Why cancer of all things? If it was cancer then he would still be here!

Rage filled up inside my veins, pumping.

Its all my fault! I could have stopped his death.

Before I knew it, I felt strong arms, wrap around my waist.

---

Drews Pov:

I was unsure if I should  have left Lily alone.

She is in her time of need. She said for me to go and I thought she needed space.

I walked down the hallway on my way down to the elevator,  when I heard glass fall, hearing it all cluster across the floor.

Instincts took over as I ran werewolve speed to Lilys room.

She was talking to herself, angrily. Her hands shaking  as she moved from the broken vase. There was glasss all over the floor; pieces of glass were over her arms and through her jeans. She moved faster than I have ever seen to the lamp, she held it over her head. Thats when I stepped out of my trance.

I bolted to her side, but it was too late.

The lamp smashed against the ground,  spreading across the room. More and more pieces of glass stuck into her body. Some went into mine too, but I was too distracted to notice.

I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling  her away from the new pieces of glass.

She must have been zoned out, becasue she was using her powers to stay in place.

I managed to get her to move, but we ended up falling.

Lily was startled. Her whole body jumped as if she was just scared.

Her eyes were filled with tears as she looked around and her then her body. She was bleeding, but the glass didn't cut her that bad.

She looked up at me and started to shake, a bit.

"It's all my fault." She stuttered.

At first I looked at her confused, unsure what she meant.  But I got it.

She thought it was her fault that her uncle died.

I hugged her. I pulled her into my chest and hugged her like it was my last time.

She started to cry in my shirt, making a stain but I could care less.

After five minutes, I pulled her away, holding her on both sides of her arms.

"Lily, look at me." I said.

She kept her eyes on the ground, not daring to look up.

"Look at me, please." I begged of her. I hated to see her like this.

She looked up at me, staring me straight in the eyes.

"This is not your fault. You hear me? You didn't know. We all didn't know. So don't say its your fault." I told her and I meant every word.

She stared back at me still, tears kept on flowing down her flawless cheeks.

I let go of her arms and removed the tears from her cheeks and pulled her in for a hug.

She started to muffle something against  my chest.

"What?" I asked.

She wiped her new tears and said, "I k-know its not my faul-lt, it just hurts-s." She said.

I knew what she meant. I totally got it.

I nodded my head and pulled her into my grasp.

"Come on," I said. "Lets get you cleaned up." I said.

I kept her in my grasp, but began to get up. In the process a glass piece pierced my hand, making it sting.

"I got it." Lilys soft voice came into play as she put  her hand over mine.

You could feel an electric tornado going through my whole body.

Her hand lifted feom my touch and the cut was all gone.

I kissed her cheek softly and helped her get up.

I bagan to take her out of the room, but she was much stronger  than I.

"I d-don't want th-hem to see me-e." She said, through a hiccup.

"Okay." I said.

We walked to the window and saw a vine ladder.

I looked at her curiously, bit she didn't want to explain. I'll ask her later.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and climbed down the ladder.

This reminded me of carrying her up to her house.

I went faster.

I picked her up bridal style and was being sneaky in and out of the forest, making sure not to bump into anyone.

I ran fast, heading toward the house.

"Get everyone out of the house." I mindlinked Jackson.

"Why?" He asked.

"I need the house empty for a few hours. Go out to dinner." I said and then ended the  mindlink.

The next ten minutes of switching from tree to tree. Lilys tears continued to soak my shirt.

I made it to the house at dusk and opened the front door.

I felt Lilys head move, looking at her surroundings.

I climbed up the stairs with her still in my arms.

I opened up my room door.

I heard her heart beat spead up as she saw the bed. Her cheeks turned pink through her tears.

I set her down on my side and walked back into my closet.

I brought out one of my tshirts and boxers, putting them near the sink in the bathroom. I turned on the bath water before  walking  out.

I put Lily back into my arms and took her into the bathroom.

I set her on the sink counter and started to take off her boots, laying them on the floor. I took off her bracelet and then her shirt, and pants, after being given permission.

I was trying so hard not to check het out, but my wolf was howling.

Her arms and legs were all bloody.

I picked her back up, still in a bra and underwear now, and put her into the warm water.

I scrubbed the loose glass and blood out of her skin, wiping it clean.

I picked her out of the bath and wrapped her up in a towel.

"You can change right?" I asked softly, gesturing to the clothes on the sink.

She nodded her head and I  walked outside, shutting the door on the way.

She came out in my tshirt and boxers, her hair down.

She looked so sexy. It took all my might not to kiss her.

I helped her into bed, on her side of course.

She snuggled into her pillow  that hasn't been used since she left.

I grabbed my pillow and a quilt and plopped it down on the floor next to her.

I turned off the lights and went over to Lily.

"Goodnight Lily." I said, kissing her forehead.

Her eyes shut and soon you could hear her even  breaths.

***************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 19.4K 21
Tessa Parker is on the run. She has the strength and speed that is greater than any werewolf even an Alpha. She is a Guardian Wolf. Once respected pr...
788 57 56
Raven Valentine is an orphan with only one thing on her mind. Running away with the girl she loves, Sage. One hooded figure, a car crash, and a curse...
5.1M 82.9K 26
[[COMPLETED-- Under Revision]] She had seen the way that death always seemed to follow the connection shared by mates and she had no intention of goi...
38.8K 611 23
*๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ* ๐ŸŒถ {COMPLETED} Princess Luna is caught in a horrible storm that leaves her stranded, until she is found by the Vampyr...