The Surgeon. |✔️|

By raezwrites

Beyoncé Knowles, a prized possession at New York Presbyterian, is one of the best orthopedic surgeons to grac... More

Disclaimer
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XIX.
XX.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
Acknowledgements

XXI.

2.8K 142 322
By raezwrites

Aaliyah

Like the rest of the world, Monday's were the worst day of the week, but I had an different stance since today Rue would be officially discharged from the hospital. As I laid in the bed wide awake, I grabbed my phone and quickly dimmed my bright light to not wake the beauty next to me. The time was only 6am, so I had another thirty minutes to spare before my mom and I had to get ready; thankfully she was letting me tag along with her today instead of going to school.

While I waited, I occupied myself on Instagram. I saw various of posts about the championship game this weekend and I groaned quietly as I remembered the strenuous practice I had to attend this evening. After winning the final playoff game, the attention toward me grew drastically. Upperclassmen were acknowledging me in the halls and even a few of my teammates began to slowly work their way into my social circle. I couldn't lie and say that this attention didn't feel good, because although Rue was my person, I knew eventually that I had to interact with other citizens.

I switched my position in the bed and continued to hide my light while my mom snored slightly in my ear. Her honey brown locs were all over the place and I knew she felt a bit cramped since I liked to stay close to her on her large king size bed. To be honest I didn't know when I was going to leave her be, but now with a new boo in her life I was going to be kicked out soon enough. Moreover, I knew she had been trying to hold off on us meeting but I had to let her know no later than today that I was ready to meet the man who took up a good space of her heart.

"Uggh!" She groaned as her alarm sounded from the side table.

"Time to wakey wakey .." I mumbled beside her. Right away, she cut her eyes at me and ducked her head back under the covers.

"Go get dressed." She ordered in a muffled voice. There was no need to tell me twice and I threw my covers back before hauling ass to my room to wash up and get ready for the day ahead. After all proper hygiene was done, I moisturized and sprayed myself lightly with some perfume before placing my jeans and shirt on my body. For my sneaker choice, I grabbed my pair of black/white Van's Old Skool then walked downstairs toward the kitchen to grab a piece of fruit. A few moments later, I could hear the sound of my mom's Dansko nursing clogs coming down the steps. She appeared mute yet still so cute in her baby blue scrub set before she came over to kiss my cheek.

"I swear I love you, I really do .. but you need to get out of my bed." She urged. We shared a laugh and I agreed against my will.

"Ready to go?" She added.

"Yup!" I replied before grabbing my Nine West Dome leather backpack. We walked together toward the elevator then to the car and decided to stop for coffee before our way inside. Right away, my moms beeper went off and she quickly lifted her shirt to pull the device off of her waist.

"Shit, Liyah I have to run. I'll come check on your in about an hour okay?"

"That's cool. Run fast!" She playfully rolled her eyes but definitely walked faster than normal down the hall, her white coat simply flying in the wind. Once she was gone, I took the elevator up and walked through the various workers toward Rue's room.

"Yo, yo!" I greeted with excitement once I saw her lovely face. She smiled wide as we made eye contact and she jumped up from the bed to hug me.

"You're finally here! I'm so ready to leave." She exclaimed.

"When is the advisor coming?" I questioned. Since the facility wanted to make sure Rue got there safely they sent out her private advisor to drive her over in their company car.

"She said around noon but no later than two. Kinda excited, kinda not." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah I understand, this whole environment is going to be so different for you." I acknowledged with a dull sigh.

"Do you think I'll make it through?" She asked me after a moment of silence. Full of nerves, she played with her hands until I gave her an answer.

"Only if you dedicate yourself to do so. I won't sit here and give you false hope, but I would be the happiest person alive if you came out the other end fully recovered."

She gazed into my eyes and made a small smile, "You know I'm a sucker when I comes to you and do anything you'd say."

"I know but I want you to do this for yourself too, Rue. You owe it to yourself to be happy and free from all toxicity."

She cupped my face lightly and caressed my cheeks slightly, "You're right .. and I will. It's the right thing to do." Naturally, our lips met for a delicate kiss and this time around I felt more comfortable expressing my lust through our brief connection. Still attached, I moved closer toward her to deepen the kiss and gently wrapped my arm around waist. A heavy knock sounded at the door and the person alerted that they were her nurse. God grant me the day we could be alone with no interruptions necessary.

We pulled apart before the nurse was fully inside and I changed my place from the bed to the recliner chair on the side. The nurse then handed Rue her daily medications and a cup of iced apple juice to wash it down. Next, she handed her her necessary discharge information before leaving the room to not bother for the rest of the day.

"Is your mom here?" She asked me after a minute of silence.

"Yea, she had some emergency surgery to go to. Said she'll be over to check up on me in a hour or so."

"Cool, cool.. did she say anything to you after her night out?"

"Nope but she definitely came home giddy as ever!"

"Geez, that guy must be really making an impact."

I nodded my head in agreement; "She wants us to meet eventually, but I rather do it now to get it over with. She's been with him for some time so it only seems like the right option."

"And you're not nervous that you may not like him?" She inquired.

"While that is a possibility, I think we'll be okay due to how happy he makes her." I said before shrugging my shoulders in a nonchalant manner; "We'll see!"

For the remainder of our time, we watched stupid shows on her outdated television and even ate lunch together before it was time for her to freshen up and get dressed to leave. While we cleaned up our meal, my mom appeared in the doorway.

"Hey ladies.." She sounded a bit winded. "Sorry I had to run so quickly, baby." She added before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"No biggie, the person didn't die did they?"

"Almost," she said with a sigh. "But once I got called in and did my due diligence, he turned around." My eyes lit up at her wonderful talent; maybe following in her footsteps wouldn't be a bad idea.

"Are you almost ready to go, Rue?" She asked.

"Yeah. A bit nervous but I think I'll be fine." Rue replied. I could tell she was using her humor to hide her true fears, but all I could do was pray and hope that she'll pull through.

"That's expected, but just imagine how great things will be on the other side. Aaliyah's here for you, so am I and your mom, and we won't let you down during this vulnerable period in time."

"Thanks Doctor K, you always know what to say in every situation.." Her comment led all of us to laugh loudly and bask in the comic relief.

"Well I'm definitely going to miss you." I said in a serious tone once our laughter ceased. We shared our emotions back and forth by simply staring into each other's eyes until my mom cleared her throat.

"Okay ladies, I should head out-"

"No stay please! She's about to leave in like, 20 minutes." I estimated. My mom glanced at her Apple Watch and agreed to hang around and kept herself busy on her phone.

"Am I staying in the suite till 7?" I asked her while Rue got her belongings together.

"No because you have practice, remember? Your grandmother is coming to get you soon and I'm picking you up afterwards."

"Sounds like a plan!" I said in an unamused tone since the reality of really losing Rue for almost two months was starting to hit me. I wish things didn't have to go this way and that today would consist of her coming home and us spending the entire evening together, but she had to get better and prosper in her own light before I could join the party. Soon after, the soft knock at the door interrupted my thoughts and a younger woman appeared on the other side.

"Hi I'm Ariana, you're counselor from Upper East!" She greeted once her and Rue made eye contact. She asked a few questions prior to their departure and gave the "okay" when it was time to leave.

"You want me to give you a minute?" My mom whispered in my ear. I nodded my head yes and she gently rubbed my back before stepping to the side as Rue, her counselor, and I left out of the room.

"You stay strong, okay? I-I'm only one phone call away.." I said quickly to avoid my voice from cracking. Eventually Rue's eyes began to get cloudy as did mine, and she pulled me close to initiate our last form of human contact for the time being.

"I love you so much, Aaliyah.." She said softly in my ear; I couldn't help the tears at this point.

"I love you too, Rue."

Once our secure latch became undone, we both wiped away our tears and said our final goodbye before she followed Ariana down to the elevator. I stayed put until the doors closed and immediately let my shoulders slump as I walked over into my mom's arms.

"She's going to be just fine, you hear me?"  I stayed mute and simply nodded my head while it stayed pressed against her chest. We switched positions and walked side by side down the lobby where my grandmother awaited my presence.

***
Beyoncé

"Awe look at me, so happy and full of life." I joked while looking at one of the various photos of my mother & I on her coffee table.

"Beyoncé please, you look just as happy as you did then like you are right now!" My mother scolded.

"Of course because I'm divorced! Who wouldn't be jumping for joy at this moment?!" I stated proudly while she simply rolled her eyes at my antics. I decided to stop buy her house after work since Aaliyah's practice was going to run later than usual and catch up because I had been slacking on my daughter-duty.

"You still never told me what made him cave in so easily, or even how you've been doing since everything has been finalized! Almost like you don't want me to know what's new in your live-"

"Momma no, you know that's not the truth. And I'm sorry for making you feel left out," I said before hugging her from behind as she stood at the kitchen counter cutting up some vegetables for dinner. "It's just I've been trying to repair my own household and everything with Liyah which has halted me from talking to you as frequently as I have, but now I promise to bother you every single day."

"Alright let's not get too crazy now!" She replied with a laugh. "But it feels good to know that you're doing good. It's been a long time coming.."

I let out a light sigh, "I agree. Things are just a bit clearer now than before."

"And you're still talking with this significant other of yours?" She inquired.

"We are." I said back with the giddiness smile on my face. "Momma he's really amazing. We had our hiccup, but are working toward rebuilding our love."

"Hiccup?! You finally told him the truth!?" She exclaimed in a high-pitched voice.

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh thank you Jesus!" She cried out while I laughed at her dramatic behavior. "And he didn't kill you!? Even better!"

"Momma!"

"Whew, let me stop. Okay.. that's great news baby!"

"Oh my goodness.." I mumbled under my breath.

"See what I tell you all the time Beyoncé? The truth will set you free."

"And it has. Me and him still have a ways to go but we're getting there; slowly but surely."

"I assume he knows about my grand baby as well?"

"Yes, which is also why I've decided to pay you a visit, .. I need some advice."

"On?"

"Ways in which they can meet one another. They've both expressed the interest to have a formal meeting but..-"

"Nope don't start regressing, Beyoncé. If that's what they want then let it happen. It's better to not delay a situation of this nature anyway especially if you see a future with this man."

I took in everything she was saying and couldn't help but agree. If I wanted to continue to on this journey of happiness, I had to defeat all obstacles that blocked my way, which definitely meant being honest with Aaliyah about that one last thing.

"So would you say a dinner or something fun?" I continued to pick her brain.

"I say both. You know Aaliyah is big into basketball and just earlier she was telling me about the upcoming Knicks vs. Bulls game she was going to ask you take her to."

"Great thinking, Ma. I can make sure he's free and buy the tickets for all of us, then we can do dinner after." I replied. She nodded her head in agreement and continued to cook her dinner.

"You're doing the right thing baby and I'm super pleased with how you're handling everything. I can't wait till you two get married and give me another grand baby or two-"

"Two!? No mom.. one more will be just fine." I rebutted.

"Mhm, let him be the judge of that. What do these kids say nowadays? Shooting up the club?"

"Annd that's my cue to leave. Love you mom!"

"Bye baby.."

We shared quick hug before I was whisked away to my car as it neared time to pick up my daughter. The ride to her school was smooth sailing and I found myself sitting idle in the parking lot with the rest of the waiting parents. The music I had playing softly became interrupted due to an incoming FaceTime call from my man.

"Hey babe." I cooed once I saw his sexy ass face. His light was dim but I soon realized that he was driving around with his phone in his free hand.

"Wassup beautiful, are you busy at the moment?" He asked.

"Not necessarily, just waiting for Aaliyah's practice to end."

"For basketball right?"

I smiled at his response, "Yes. Her championship game is this weekend."

"Well send her my luck.."

"I definitely will, which leads me to also ask you if you're free next weekend?"

"I'm always free for you." He spoke with a flirtatious tone, making me crave his presence.

"There's a Knicks game I would like for you to attend with Aaliyah and I. We can do dinner afterwards and give you two the chance to properly chat with one another."

Once I finished my statement, Jay showcased a bright smile. "Finally! Baby you'll know I'll be there. Let me hit up my guy and we can get some seats court-side."

"Baby no, let me get them-"

He cut me off right away, "Nah I'm not letting that happen. Plus, maybe Aaliyah will feel more inclined to like me if she knew I purchased them." I made a light laugh but felt highly pleased that he was doing his best to impress my other half.

"But on some real shit, I miss you. You think after getting settled at home I can make a drive thru visit?" He continued.

"I don't see any harm in that. I'll let you know once I'm ready."

"Bet, I'll see you soon then.." I blew him a kiss then our call ended just in time. The gym dood flew open and Aaliyah made her exit into the chilled night time air. Her forehead was still covered in sweat so I already knew that this practice had her drained.

"Hey mom." She kept her words short and sweet.

"Practice went well?"

She blew out a breath, "Yeah, and I'm extremely tired at this point."

"Understandable, but I know you'll kill this game."

"Thank you ma.." The tiredness in voice shone through and soon enough she was asleep against the passenger window for the remainder of the ride. As much as I wanted to have the sit down talk with her this evening, I knew she wouldn't be as receptive already irritable so the best option was to reschedule. When we made it home, she dropped her sweaty clothes in laundry room and started a small load before sluggishly walking up the steps toward my room. I followed behind and changed into something a bit more comfortable before placing a light kiss on her forehead and quietly leaving out of the house. Once I made it down to the lobby, Jay was posted up against his car and embedded in his phone until I walked forward.

"Mmm it's so good to see you.." I mumbled  against his cheek as he wrapped his arms around me in a loving manner. As I pulled back slightly, he captured my lips in a lustful kiss. The sound of our lips smacking increased and I gripped his collar to pull him closer.

"You making this no sex shit hard as hell, B.." He spoke in a low growl once we separated and all I could do was laugh.

"You really can't hold out for just a little bit longer?"

"Define a little longer?" He followed up.

"Soon. Let's just get this much needed meeting over with and we can discuss these sexual matters another time." I soothed out the creases in his collar then got situated in the passenger side before he took off and simply drove around the city as we talked about any and everything that came to mind.

"So your ex.. is he doing right by Aaliyah?"

"I assume so," I said while shrugging my shoulders. "He talks to her from time to time but she isn't very receptive to his advances."

"I wouldn't be either. The shit he put you through? Sickening."

"Yes, yess but we all need to move forward. He's a non-influential factor right now."

"How'd you even manage to find him away?"

"Through a mutual friend. I honestly didn't think we would go as far as we did but, when you're at the tender age of 18 and in the midst of med school, you really don't know much about love."

"That's very true.."

"Then we got married fast and I had Aaliyah at the tender age of twenty so, .. it was a lot of growing up to do in such a small period of time."

"Damn baby, I didn't realize you were that young! I agree with you, that is some fast growing up to do in a span of two years." To soothe me, he grabbed my hand and caressed it gently.

"But I don't regret a thing, especially getting the most amazing gift out of all the chaos. And who knows, if none of these things transpired the way they did would we have found each other."

"A lil' light at the end of the tunnel, huh?"

I let out a small laugh, "Of course."

Jay made one last turn and ended right back at my apartment entrance. I made a small pout when I realized our night had to end but I knew I needed to get my behind in the house and under the covers with my child.

"Thank you for coming to see me.." I said softly before turning his head to face me. My statement made him smile lightly and tilt his head some to that we could share a passionate kiss. We walked hand in hand up to my front door and said our final goodbyes before he disappeared into the elevator.

***

We love a calm update before the storm 🙂.

Is Beyoncé making the right decision by telling Aaliyah the truth before her & Jay meet one another?

How receptive do you think Aaliyah will be to the news?

Is a basketball outing then dinner an appropriate setting for the two to meet?

What do you predict will happen at dinner?

Please let me know! Thank y'all so much for the continuous support!

Vote + Comment!

- Rae 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5.4K 49
He was, in essence, my hero. But sometimes, heroes fall. My hero fell with me in his arms. { Reader Discretion is Advised } ****** a NOAN...
454K 11.5K 46
The powerful almighty Alpha Maximums Black and his wolf Ares have been looking for their mate for nearly nine years, and the Alpha was ready to give...
18.8K 256 6
After rebirth, I started to stock up like crazy Original title: 重生后我开始疯狂囤货 Author: Yue Banding/Sonic Boom Bomb Before Yu Yuan was reincarna...
64.2K 2.8K 33
Beyonce is a 24 year old principal who will do anything for her students especially Jerome. he's a troubled kid who acts out all the time. the only t...