Opposites That Aren't So Oppo...

By XxNekocoxX

What happens when a tough nerd meets a popular jock? Kayson may not look it but, he is a nerd with attitude... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Note
Note
Note
Side Story - More Than Okay

Chapter 3

7.8K 352 327
By XxNekocoxX

Um...ok i guees I'll start with names. Hi my name is Kyle Druns, I'm a sixteen year old living in Florida with my cute little seven year old sis, Kayla. We don't have parents and we don't live with relatives. I take care of my baby sis all by myself. We get sent $1000 dollars a month from my very rich grandparents in California. I may not be the smartest guy in school but, I'm the very well known star of the football team. How i look...? Well i have black hair and blue eyes. I perfer wearing dark colors, it makes my eyes stand out. I don't have a girlfriend surprisingly even though i am so popular with everyone. I have what most would think an easy life and you would be right. The only part of my life that i wish i could change would be my eleventh birthday. If only i could turn back time to that day...

*******

"Kayla! I finished the shop.....ping?"

I turned a complete circle around myself. "Kayla? Where are you?" I didn't see her anywhere. She was supposed to wait by the door while i checked out.

I walked outside to see if she might of stepped out for a bit. She wasn't there. I was just about to pull out my cell phone and call 911 when i heard scuffling somewhere. I peeked my head around the side of the store and into the back alley. I saw her sitting on the ground.

"Kayla! There you are! Don't run off like that! You scared me!" I said as i ran towards her. It was then i saw she had bruises and could tell she had been crying. There was a guy trying to stand up a few feet away. He was wobbling from side to side and looked like he was about to puke.

I looked from my crying sister to the dude. Then it all made sense. I boiled over with anger. This guy was a drunk idiot and had beat up my sweet angel! "You asshole!"

I ran up and punched him in the stomach really hard. He coughed and fell to his knees. "What the hell?!" He cursed.

I punched him again. "You beat up my sister! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I was so mad all i saw was red.

"No! Stop it! Kyle, stop!" I heard my sister yell at me. I paused and turned to look at her.

"Don't hurt him! Please! He saved me!" She was crying again.

I frowned. "But, isn't this the guy who hurt you?"

She shook her head. "No, it was a bunch of mean boys and he came to help me." She pleaded with her eyes.

I looked down at him. He was laying on his side and groaning. I realized my mistake and dropped my fists. I crouched down to his level and asked, "Sorry. Are you ok?"

He glared at me. "Do i look ok?! You just punched the life out of me!"

I glared right back. I already hated this guy. "I said i was sorry! I thought you were the one who beat up my sis!"

"Well, maybe you should ask before you go punching the shit out of someone next time!"

"What was i supposed to do, say 'hey were you the one who hit my sister?'?!" I said it in a really dorky voice.

"You could have asked her!" He pointed at Kayla.

I stood up. "Whatever."

I grabbed Kayla's hand and pulled her away. "Lets go. This guy's not worth our time."

We left him there in the alley and went home. When we got there i made sure to scold my sister for leaving the store by herself.

*******

I watched as the little girl and that guy, Kyle walked away. Right before they disappeared from sight the girl turned back and mouthed, 'Thank you'. I smiled and waved. She was cute. Unlike her brother.

Jerk.

I stood up painfully and walked out of the alley holding my side. I headed for the Dollar Tree to get some more hair dye. It was about time to refresh.

*******

I pulled myself inaide my bedroom window nimbly and closed it quietly so, as not to wake my sister. My Aunt was alreayd gone and i knew she would have put Macey to bed before leaving.

I changed into my sweatpants and a t-shirt and sat down on my bed. I winced as my side twitched with pain. I sighed. I was used to having bruises and pain from fighting all the time but, that guy was strong and i didn't get to block it even slightly. He looked kind of familiar though. I frowned and leaned back against the wall.

Who was that guy?

After a minute i shook my head. It was useless to think too much about it. I would probably never see him again anyways. I stood up amd left my room, i was headed for the fridge. A teenage boy can work up an appetite running and fighting like that.

I peeked inside and saw to my satisfaction that my Aunt had left the cake here. I pulled it out and cut a piece for myself. I was just about to take a bite when i heard a sweet, childish voice behind me. "Whacha eating?"

I dropped my fork on my plate and hid my cake behind my back. "Nothing! Shouldn't you be in bed already?!" I am a horrible lier.

She raised her eyebrows. "Yeah. And it doesn't look like nothing." She tried to peek behind me. I sighed and smiled. "Don't you dare tell Auntie that i let you have cake at thia hour. She will kill me."

She looked excited. "Ok! I promise i won't tell her!"

I chuckled as i brought the cake out and cut her a piece aswell. "Here you go. Don't get it on your pajamas."

She nodded. "I won't!" Then we both sat down at the table to eat. I took a bite and moaned. Strawberry was my all time favorite flavor cake. "Oh, my god. This is heaven."

Macey giggled. "Your so weird."

I just smiled sweetly.

Then she asked, "So where were you earlier? You weren't here when Auntie left."

I shrugged. "Just hanging around town. I got some more hair dye." I pulled it out of my back pocket.

"Why do you always get blue? Yiu should get something else for a change, like pink or purple!"

I rolled my eyes. "I am not wearing pink hair dye! Thats for girls to wear. You can wear that color all you want when you get to my age but, i will not."

She frowned. "Lots of guys wear pink. Its not just a girl color."

"Like what guys?"

"I know someone from my class that does."

I gave her an incredulous look. "Your serious?!"

She nodded.

"But, you guys are too young to wear hair dye!"

She shook her head. "Its not hair dye. Its a bracelet he got for chronic from his grandparents."

I scoffed. "That is not the same thing! Boys can wear pink bracelets but, not hair dye!"

She frowned. "Says who?"

"Me."

"You don't control the world!"

"Maybe not, but i do control my world and in my world little girls who tell me to wear pink hair dye get tickled!" I jumped up from my seat and picked her up. I began to tickle her sides and she burst out laughing, squirming around in my arms to try to escape.

"Haha...st-stop! Oh, god! Stop! Kayson...hehe! Cut it...haha...out!" She was screaming he giggles so loud i was sure the neighbors could hear her. I finally let her down and she breathed in and out to calm down.

I waited for her to stand before i picked her up again and threw her over my shoulder. "Time for bed, munchie!"

She laughed as i went upstairs and put her in her bed. She smiled up at me. "Good night, Kayson."

"Good night, Macey. Sleep good." I kissed her forehead before turning her light out and leaving the room.

I went to my own room and got into bed. I turned my bedside light off and rolled over. I fell asleep almost immediately. I usually sleep peacefully but, that night was different. I woke up several times from nightmares about my parents deaths. Each time i cried myself back to sleep, only to wake up again to the same dream.

*******

Hey everyone! This was such a fun chapter to write and i enjoyed every minute of it! Hope you did too! AS ALWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW AND STAY AWESOME!

-Nekoco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 24.3K 21
Reign, a high school heart-breaker has never felt any affection towards anyone he dated. He thought there was something wrong with him until his best...
11.5K 322 18
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...
594K 4.8K 10
Just a collection of boyxboy oneshots I made! Happy reading! :) *** These stories contain romance between two boys. If you're not okay with that then...
168K 5.3K 42
This is a crappy story I wrote lol Edit June 2020- wow, I took a break from wattpad and when I come back this story gained 10k views and 1k votes? Th...