It Began With a Smirk

By JadedRein

When Rein decided to make the move from Connecticut where she'd been living with her marine father to join he... More

1: Welcome Home
2: By the Way
3: Make an Impression
4: Settling In
5: Rain in the Grass
6: Invitations
7: Playing Rough
8: Wake-Up Call
9: Sucking Up
10: Let the Grass Grow
11: A Friend in the Making
12: First Day Jitters
13: Have You Seen the New Girl
14: So Far so Good
15: Intervention
16: Clear Skies
17: Upsetting the Enemy
18: Playing the Parents
19: Heads Up
20: Perfect Gentleman
21: Mind Games
22: Jakeson in the Flesh
23: A Ramble Worth Erasing
24: From a Distance
25: Have Some Space
26: Nude Conversations
27: Too Close
28: Table Trading
29: A Day With the Guys
30: Booty Call
31: Fatherly Love
32: Plan B
33: Acceptance
34: Green Little Monsters
35: Rich Kids
36: Dripping Wet
37: Phonecall Frustrations
38: Nothing at All
39: Behind Closed Doors
40: Beyond Control
41: Hospital Beds
42: Up and Down
43: Aftershock
44: Beach Blues
45: Getting Wet
46: The Inner Workings
47: Blastoff
48: Knight and his Trusty...Car
49: Grow on Me
50: Civil or Civil War?
51: Liquid as Bitter as Truth
52: Look Inside
53: Confusion in the Calm
54: Forgotten
55: Boys and Their Rivalries
56: Shakedown
58: A Taste of Jealousy
59: Father and Son
60: Grease Lightning
61: Relationship Talk
62: The Little Things
63: Past Regrets
64: Back to the Basics
65: A Slumber Part of Sorts
66: Kisses; Some Sweet Some Sour
67: A Good Time
68: Terrible in the Terrific
69: Stand Off
70: Awkward Moments Never Cease
71: Knowing the Truth
72: Wanting More
73: Forbidden Fruit
74: Admittance
75: Breaking the News
76: Everything to Lose

57: Retrieval

123K 1.3K 68
By JadedRein

I crashed into Mike sending him to the ground.  IDIOT!!  My mind screamed in pain as I crawled to my feet. If shrugging is a bad idea so is tackling with that same shoulder dumbass.

“I belive that makes it our ball.” I said cutely as he got to his feet and grinned up at me.

“You weren’t lying when you said you like it rough.” He laughed as he tossed the ball to our quarterback, some guy they called Pitty.

I shrugged. “That’s how I roll.” I winked.  Why is it I’m so much more comfortable at this party then at Jakeson’s?

“SèClairèVè should consider putting you on their team, you’re faster than the defense they had last year.”

I laughed. “So what happened to your lip?” Mike asked after we finished the game and he and I headed to get some snacks. The party wasn’t as high end as Jakeson’s had been. There weren’t any guards and people just came and went as they pleased. The place was absolutely packed though and we had to squeeze our way through people.

“I got into an altercation.”  I shrugged. Stupid stupid stupid. No shrugging.

He raised an eyebrow and gave me a smile. “Chips?”

I nodded and he grabbed a few handfuls and put them into a white Styrofoam bowl.   

--Kales POV--

“I can’t believe you let her go.” Brendon said shaking his head.

“What was I supposed to do?”  I paced back and forth.  I should have stopped her. I can’t believe how fucking stupid I am.

Spencer jumped up. “I say we go get her.” 

“Let’s crash the ClayVontte’s party.” Frankie agreed.

Brendon sighed. “Do you know the address?” He got up and put on a pair of shades.

I shrugged. “I didn’t bother asking.”

“Jakeson would know.” Brendon said wipping out his phone and dialing.

“No!” I growled reaching for the phone. He jumped away.

Frankie held me back.  “I know you said that we can’t talk to her but look at it this way; if Rein dates one of the ClayVontte guys it’s going to look bad for you.“

--Rein’s POV--

I looked down at my phone.  New message from Jakeson? What does he want now? I already gave him the address so he should have no reason to freak out.

“Mike get out front there’s some trouble here.”

Mike and I turned around from where we had been standing pressed up against the wall with the group playing truth or dare.

“Just leave it alone it will work itself out.” He shrugged as one of the girls held the bowl out for him.

“Truth or dare?” she asked with a glint to her eyes.

Mike returned the smile. “Dare.”

“Black.” She replied and Mike picked a black slip and opened it.

As he read it a smile came to his face. “Have the nearest person to you tie a knot in a cherry stem, pass it to you, and then untie it for them. No hands allowed.”

I laughed as I realized I was obviously the one closest to him. “You’re lucky I can tie a knot in a cherry stem.”

Someone handed forth a cherry and I picked off the stem. At least it’s nothing to do with nudity. I popped it into my mouth and did my magic.  “Done.” I said holding it out on my tongue as proof.

“It’s tied.” The girl confirmed.

Mike lowered his lips to mine his tongue gently prodding into my mouth to scoop the stem into his. I started to push it forward into his mouth when I was pulled backward.

“Get the fuck off of her.” Jakeson’s voice caught me by surprise.

He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me against him.

 “What the hell man?” Mike asked, obviously caught off guard by the sudden interruption.

“Klares. What’s up?” Brendon asked in his casual happy voice as he came up beside me. “Rein you know I don’t approve of you playing with strange boys while I’m away.”

I wriggled free of Jakeson’s grasp.  “What are you doing here?”

“Taking you home.”  I looked back to see Kale standing with his arms crossed a pissed off look on his face. Why the heck is he here?

“What is going on Mike?” one of the guys we had played football with earlier asked.

“Pharkerson here is trying to take home one of my guests.” Mike said eyeing him up. 

Oh just wonderful. Before I knew it a punch was thrown. Who swung first I’m not sure but all I know was within a matter of moments a fight had broken out. Kale, Jakeson and Brendon were sorely outnumbered and I couldn’t help but get worked up.

“Guys stop it!” I yelped out as I watched. They would come ruin things.

Jakeson got hit from behind and I jumped up on top of a table.  “STOP IT!” I bellowed at the top of my lungs and a few people looked over and continued fighting.  Why is it when one group of people start fighting everyone else joins in?

“Let’s go.” I hissed at Kale but he just kept on fighting. He ducked a punch and jabbed the guy in the gut.

“SèClairèVè you guys should have stayed home.” someone hissed.

What is with rich kids and school rivalries? I almost jumped into the fight before I realized how stupid it was.  I hopped down from the table and worked my way in between Kale and Mike.  “Stop it!” I yelled pushing them apart receiving a hard right hook to the face.

My head throbbed and my eyes flashed for a moment as I caught my balance. That was definitely Kale. I though sourly as I shook my head clear. I looked up as Mike wound his arms around me, holding me to him. “Are you all right?”

I nodded and opened my mouth to reply when I was jerked roughly away. Kale’s hand wrapped around my already sore wrist as he yanked me to his side.

“You fucking-“ Mike hissed lunging for Kale but he stopped short, me blocking his path as I jumped between them.

“Mike please tell them to stop.” I pleaded my eyes meeting with his. “We’ll go, I promise.”

He pointed a finger at Kale. “This basturd started this shit.” He growled. “Coming in my house with his friends causing trouble.”

“They are my friends too.”

His eyes searched mine for a moment. “Hey! HEY!” He called out not looking away from me. “Show these boys the door.”

It took a few moments but eventually Jakeson, Kale, Matthew, Spencer and Frankie were out by their separate cars in the driveway. I didn’t even know Matthew, Spencer and Frankie had been there till I heard their swearing as there were shoved from the house.

“Thank you.” I thanked Mike as Brendon came up behind me and rested his Chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist.

Mike nodded eyeing Brendon with a sneer. “This your boyfriend?”

I shook my head. “No, no. He’s more of a pet.” I laughed as Brendon grinned up at me sticking out his tongue.  “No, Brendon’s a friend.”

“You don’t have to leave.” Mike said after a long moment of watching us.

“If I don’t want to be murdered when I get home then I do.” I sighed. “Thanks for inviting me though and it was fun.”

“I’ll give you a call sometime now that I have your number.” He smiled. “Thank god for caller ID.” He winked.

Brendon’s breath tingled my ear. “We need to go. Now.” He said and I nodded.

“Bye.” I gave a little nod and smile.

I could feel the poison glares as we drove off.

Drink and Fight - Buck -o- Nine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 1.4K 35
"I can't be just friends with you," he whispered bringing his hand against my cheek cupping it slightly. "McCormick," I sighed. I leaned in a little...
12.8K 288 33
Rylee and Theo are finally together. With a new season on the way, there is nothing that can stand in their route to happiness. Or is there? A friend...
680K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
55.8K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...