My Unrequited Love

By Asterial_melina

More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN🦋
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY TWO
AUTHOR'S NOTE
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
URGENT (NEED YOUR OPINION)
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
NEW STORY
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER, ONE

THIRTY ONE

13.2K 719 199
By Asterial_melina

Aur Rahi Baat Meri ?

Mujhe Dil Par Patthar Rakhna,
Aur Dil Ko Patthar Karna
Khoob Aata Hai....

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"How is it ?"

Showing Murat her palms filled with intricate designs of mehendi, she waited for him to compliment it.

"Good."

The small smile on her face vanished hearing him, replacing it with a deep frown. It took hours to clad her palms and feet with mehendi, for their nikaah tommorow and he didn't even complimented it properly.

"Only good ?"

"Haan, kyuki mehendi se zyada khoobsurat tum lag rahi ho."

He grinned, pinching her cheeks, seeing her laugh loudly at his remark.

"That was too cheesy Murat."

"Yes, because I love cheesy."

He had a stupid grin on his face which made her shook her head at his silliness, but she smiled nonethelessly seeing him happy. Her smile didn't lasted for long when her eyes landed on Mustafa who was standing in the balcony of his room smoking. His eyes held a distanced look, the same look she saw in his eyes when they lost Hassan. He was burning his pain with the help of cigarette which he was holding with his life. It was then his eyes clashed with her's to which he gave her a small smile and walked inside his room, not able to see her with someone else.

Why are you hurting him so much ? Can't you see his pain ?

Heart screamed seeing him in pain but brain stopped it not wanting to go back into that painful abyss again.

I can't do anything. I don't have the capacity to endure more pain.

"Dove! Where are you lost ?"

"Nothing."

Giving him an uneasy smile, she turned her gaze towards the fairy lights which were brightening up the whole area. He saw the change in her, noticing everything, even her smile which didn't reached her eyes and was about to question her when he saw her dadu walking towards them with a stern expressions.

"Murat beta what are you doing here ? It's not permissible for the groom to see the bride before the wedding."

"I came to see her mehendi."

Scratching his neck, he tried to act innocent to save himself from dado's wrath but he was wrong, so wrong.

"Achaa beta...."

Glaring at him, she held his ear to which he winced in pain and stood up from his seat in a second, ready to leave from there.

"Kal mil lena usse lekin shaadi ke baad but before that you'll not meet her."

Dado's strict voice rang in his ears and nodded like an obedient student, turning to leave, not before giving a last look to Maria who seemed lost in her own thoughts.

Sitting at edge of the window, clad in a lemon coloured anarkali, she was lost admiring the stars which were illuminating the night sky, least bothered about the whisp of hair falling on her face, flowing carelessly with the wind.

Night scared her. It made her feel vulnerable and scared with the darkness it held, making her remember the old times, the times of gloom, the times of despair but now it didn't scared her anymore. The stars and the moon illuminated the night, decorating it with their light. Their light symbolised hope at the times of despair and Murat was her hope for her better tommorow.

She hoped that he will be able to brighten up her life just like star illuminated night. She hoped him to win her heart one day even when she knew it was impossible. Mustafa had her heart but she still hoped Murat to win it from him, for her. For their future together.

It was then her stomach rumbled loudly with hunger to which she stood up from her place, getting out of her room only to be collided with a hard chest.

"Are you hurt ?"

The male voice held worry and he held her shoulders to steady her to stand properly.

"What are you doing here ?"

Her voice held panic seeing that person and was about to run away from there when he himself stopped her from going.

"Mai abhi tumhare paas hi aa raha tha. I want to talk with you, dove."

His voice was strained but she wasn't able to look at him, as they were standing in the corridor which was all dark, with no source of light

"Kal baat kar lena, Murat. Dado will kill me if she find us here, together."

Giving him an uneasy smile even when he was not able to see it, she turned to leave when he held her hand, hearing the jingles of her anklets indicating she was leaving.

"No. I want to talk with you now but first tell me why are you doing here at this time of the night ?"

"I was hungry."

And that was the time her stomach agreed with her, growling loudly to which she groaned, smacking her forehead in embarrassment.

"Where are you taking me Murat ?"

She gasped when he started dragging her with him towards the kitchen area.

"I will be killed if someone will see us."

She screamed to which he concealed her mouth with his hand, and scolded her for being so loud.

"Itni zor zor se bologi to sab zaroor aaenge. So, please keep your volume low."

"But...."

She tried protesting when he shut her up with his stern voice and continued walking down careful enough not to make noise.

"Chup."

Switching on the lights of the kitchen she turned around to look at him but the sight in front of her stilled her on her spot for few seconds.

"Are you okay Murat ?"

Gasping in shock, she immediately rushed towards him as soon as her trance broke, and held his hand noticing his eyes were red along with his nose.

"I am fine, dove. Infact I am good."

There was contentment on his face which was confusing her a lot seeing his physical appearance which didn't seemed to be fine according to her.

"You are not. Tell me what happened ?"

She knew he wasn't. Something happened and she was sure it affected him a lot. He cried and it was scaring her to see him like that.

"I am happy dove, I really am."

He genuinely smiled, holding her hand and she saw truth in his eyes. He wasn't lying but his red swollen eyes were confusing her to no end. If he was happy then why did he cried ? She had no idea and he wasn't even sharing it with her.

"Then why do it seemed to me like you cried."

Narrowing eyes at him, she tried searching for answers but he smiled dismissing her assumption at one go.

"I have headache."

She panicked hearing him. He was so careless. They were getting married the next day and here he was chilling out with her even when he was having a headache. He was straining himself just to have a talk with her and she didn't liked it a bit.

"What!! Then you should be resting. I don't want to hear people saying how ugly the groom was looking."

"Don't worry your groom will look best tommorow."

Giving her a wide smile he dismissed her and stood up opening the refrigerator to find something for her to eat.

"I think you should rest. You are not acting yourself Murat."

She stood up asking him to rest which obviously he didn't complied to and again answered her with a weird, distant look on his face.

"Nah.... Today I want to talk with you the whole night. Kal se to sab waise bhi badal jaega..."

After pausing for a second he again turned towards her, joking about her going nuts on him due to hunger.

"But first let me feed my hungry dove before her stomach goes nuts on me."

After heating food for her, he asked her to sit on the seat while he himself sat beside her and started feeding her himself.

"I can eat myself you know."

"I know but I want to feed you myself."

Filling spoon with rice he fed her, gazing at her face which was busy reading him. She was so confused seeing him behave so wierd. It was so unlike him but she kept quiet knowing he would get irritated if she dared to question him again.

"Can I ask you something dove ?"

After figeting a lot he finally dared to ask her the question who's answer he was so curious to hear.

"Hmm...."

After few moments of silence, he questioned her and his question seemed to send shiveres down her body finding him very serious unlike his usual cool self.

"Are you happy marrying me ? I don't want any lies just speak the truth."

"Who ask this question a day before marriage, Murat ? You are not in your senses now. You really should rest. I am going too."

His question thew her off guard. Who ask this type of question one day before marriage ? Definately not a sane person. She didn't knew what was wrong with him. He was okay few hours ago then what happened that he was behaving so weird suddenly, and why was everyone trying to know if she was happy or not ? Were they able to see which she wasn't ? She didn't knew and even if she asked anyone, they didn't answer which was irritating her a lot. Either she was going insane or everyone who were asking her those silly questions.

"Just answer my question dove."

"Murat...."

She tried stopping him but he was adamant to get his answer and she wasn't able to deny him knowing she couldn't start a relation before being honest to the one she was marrying.

"Please Maria."

"Mujhe nahi pata. To be honest I have never felt happy since that day. My heart was broken into pieces and since then I have never felt happy but I have full trust on you. I know you'll bring back my happiness. I trust you with everything Murat."

Her eyes screamed truth and she was hopeful that Murat would be the one to bring back her happiness. She trusted him, knowing he would never let her down and his answer brought a big smile on her face and she knew she was right trusting the right man.

"I promise you'll get your happiness back dove. I promise."

Along with a small smile on his face, he had determination in his eyes. Squeezing her hand he promised her for a better tomorrow.

"Let's go and sleep now. We have a big day tommorow."

He nodded following her upstairs towards her room when he again called her for the last time before she could leave inside her abode to sleep for the big day.

"Dove ?"

"Ab kya hua Murat ?"

Leaning towards the door of her room she looked at him who was nervously looking at her afraid of her reaction on the question he was to ask her next.

"Just one last question. Will you ever be able to forgive me if I do something in future against your wish ?"

He was afraid of her answer. Afraid of losing her, his only family. His eyes were pleading her to answer which he anticipated but it was the opposite which stopped his breath, making him resemble a corpse, white and ashen like.

"I won't."

She answered in a breath, maintaining a poker face without taking eyes off him who was hurt hearing her. He felt someone punched him when she answered him but she instantly changed her statement seeing his expression, knowing he didn't took it well even when she was joking about it.

"Look at your face. I was joking. You don't have to act so serious."

Controlling her laughing self, she took a long breath to compose herself before answering him seriously this time with sincerity in her eyes.

"I trust you Murat and I know you won't do anything which is bad for me. I trust you with all my life."

Her answer brought back life to his ashen like face and he hugged her tightly, wiping a lone tear which escaped his eye.

"Thank you and I won't do anything which is bad for you ever."

I'll do anything for your happiness, dove.

"Am I looking fine ?"

She asked Aamina who was busy fixing dupatta on her head, as nikaah was about to start soon.

"You are looking the most beautiful bride."

She smiled patting her head but she was lost somewhere else, her memory lane taking her back to the day when he said the same thing. He too said that she would make the most beautiful bride and he was smiling when he said that. God! That smile. The same smile she wished to see everyday. The same smile she wished to be reserved for her. The same smile which used to melt her even if she was very angry. But that day his smiled didn't moved her like it used to, instead it pained her. It pained her to look in his eyes. It was a hoax. His smile was a hoax. He was pretending to be happy for her just like she was doing from the past week.

She wanted to be happy but he wasn't letting her. His eyes were haunting her, wrecking her mind and soul. But knew well about him. She was sure not to give in and marry Murat. Afterall, he was there when she was alone. He was there when she was on the verge to destroy herself. He came in her life as a blessing and she would never back out on him. Yes, Mustafa had her heart but Murat held the most important place in her life after her Abba. She completely trusted him and knew he was capable to keep her happy and bring back her old self, which got hidden when she was healing.

Thinking of Murat she found him standing at the door of her room and much to her shock he wasn't ready like she was. He wasn't even wearing his wedding clothes and that was when her heart started beating loudly anticipating something wrong.

"What are you doing here Murat and why are you not ready ? Jaldi jaao aur ready ho."

Taking two long strides she stood in front of him, asking him to get ready for the function.

"Yesterday I asked you a question. Right ?"

Caressing her cheeks, he totally ignored her previous questions and started talking about the previous day confusing her with his behavior.

"You did but why are you talking about it now ?"

"Because I want you to do something for me."

His was looking at her with so much expectations that she melted then and there. For the first time he was asking her something and she didn't wanted to deny him but first she wanted to know reason behind his weird behavior.

"Itni ajeeb baatien kyu kar rahe ho Murat ?"

Her heart started beating wildly inside her chest seeing him, who looked desperate for her answer.

"Just answer my question dove ?"

"Fine. But what do you want me to do ?"

She wasn't able to deny seeing expectations in his eyes. He did so much for her and she was ready to agree with him knowing well he won't ask anything absurd from her.

"Don't back out dove because you said you trust me. And I want you to trust me when I say this."

He was nervous and didn't knew how to ask what he came to her for, fearing her reply, her rejection but then he turned to look at Aamina who was standing there in the same room and gave him an encouraging smile to go on.

"Can you please come to the point Murat ?"

On the other hand Maria was getting frustrated, even after assuring him again and again about the same thing. He knew she trusted him and would do anything he wanted then why he was so nervous to speak but she didn't knew his next words would collapse her entire existence.

"I WANT YOU TO MARRY MUSTAFA AHWAAN."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salam everyone,

How was the chapter ?

And the cliffhanger....

Murat asked her WHAT!!!!

Murat walo is ladke ne to tumhe dokha de diya ye to khud Mustafa ki team ka banda nikla😂😂

What will happen now ? How is he going to convince her for the marriage ?

Don't forget to vote and comment
Remember the deal😏

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 17.3K 27
☀︎︎𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈☀︎︎ #3 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒎 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒖 #4 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊 #12 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂 #20 𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒂𝒌�...
219K 13.6K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...
767K 28.9K 34
Book 1 of the Second Chances Series #43 in spiritual as of December 2017 #6 in muslimlovestory as of July 2018 All her life, Mariam Waseem had been t...
60.4K 2.6K 11
Huda×Hamza Huda's life was destroyed just because of her parent's fault. She went through a lot without complaining but now she felt like giving up H...