Romanogers One-Shots 2

By TheCaptainsSwan

I reached the max amount of one shots on my last book so they are continued here. I accept request😁 More

PART 2
Making Him Jealous
A Push in the Right Direction
Rejection Hurts
I Can't Stop Losing You
Struggling to Pop the Question
Taken and Tortured
I Trust You
Not Even a Little Bit?
Sickly and Skinny
Topic of Discussion
Motel Milestones are Hard to Forget
Beach Day
Split Second
It Reminds Me of You
Waiting
Trigger
Civil War at Home
Seeing Double
Please Shut The Hell Up
Trending
Scare Tactics
Pushing You Away
Paint War
Teases and Truths
The Ultimate Sacrifice
He Looks Hot Chopping Down a Christmas Tree
Babysitting on Christmas
Christmas Traditions and Shit
A Little More Time
Quarantined
A Perfect Life
It's Natasha.
Valentine's Day
Under the Stars
Code Thirteen
Out Of His Element and Into Hers

Theme Park

3K 110 145
By TheCaptainsSwan

I miss roller coasters, six flags, and Avengers fluff as a group so this is my take on them all going to an amusement park together with an obvious focus on Nat and Steve because I think about them constantly....it's a problem. 

There weren't many days where the Avengers were all around at the same time when it wasn't because of a terrible battle they needed to fight together. 

Natasha, Clint, and Steve all worked for SHIELD so they were often away on missions or training; Bruce liked to get away and go to more peaceful places to work; Tony did whatever Tony wanted to do and Thor was always away in Asgard. 

When they were all around, Tony often insisted on doing what he liked to call 'team bonding', which was really just good press. People liked seeing the Avengers doing normal people things, it always seemed to bring good articles and headlines. 

This time, Tony had decided that they were going to go Six Flags Great Adventure because it was the closest and apparently most thrilling theme park near them. 

It was going to be the six of them along with Bucky, Sam, Peter, and Wanda, who had all happened to be around on the same day. Plus, the more Avengers, the better press. 

"Come on everyone. Grab your stuff and lets go. If we don't leave in five minutes we aren't stopping for breakfast," Tony yelled, stuffing a bagel in his mouth. 

Natasha rolled her eyes and looked over at Steve, "You got everything?" 

Steve nodded, "I think so." 

"We should probably go get a seat in the back of Tony's van so we don't get stuck in the middle of all the arguing." 

Steve nodded and they walked out to the van. They sat in the very back row with Steve next the the window and Natasha in the middle seat. Wanda eventually came and sat besides her at the other window. 

The others finally filtered into the car and the arguing instantly began. 

Sam and Bucky were sitting on either side of Peter and already the three were arguing about what to ride first. Bruce was up front looking mildly horrified, and Thor had put so much sunscreen on that the entire car smelt like chemicals. Plus Tony was driving, and that was never a good idea. 

"Why did we agree to come again? We could have been doing so many other things on our Saturday off," Natasha mumbled, looking over at Steve. 

He laughed, "You say that as though we really had a choice." 

Natasha shrugged in response and turned to tell Wanda something. 

"Aye for a little kid you sure do have a big mouth," Sam said, looking over at Peter.

Peter looked extremely offended, "You're just upset because you know that Kingda Ka is a way cooler ride than Bizarro." 

Sam rolled his eyes and was about to say something when Natasha leaned forward and slapped the back of his head hard enough to get him to shut up.

"Ow! That hurt!" Sam said, turning back to them. 

Natasha sat back, leaning against Steve, "Uh huh. That was the point. Now shut up." 

Sam rubbed the back of his head and turned back around. 

"What does everyone want to eat?" Tony yelled, beginning a process that took about twenty minutes to complete. 

Between Steve and Thor, they needed to order a lot of food.

Once they finally finished eating breakfast they got back on the road and continued driving towards the park. 

They got there a little less than twenty minutes before the park opened and began unloading the van of everyone and their things. 

The manager of the park had been thrilled that the Avengers were coming to the park so they had fast passes for every ride and had gotten free tickets. 

By the time everyone was unloaded the manager was waiting outside for them and had cleared a path to let them in through. 

"You guys know what you want to ride first?" The manager asked. 

Sam and Peter glared at each other, as though daring the other to say something first. 

Before they got the chance, Thor pointed at one of the rides, "What is that large wooden structure over there?!" 

"It's called American Thunder. It's a pretty fun one." 

Wanda nodded, "We should just start there and work our way around the park in order of what we see." 

The others all agreed, Sam and Peter with some grumbling and they set off for the wooden coaster Thor had seen after thanking the manager. 

Crowds began to follow them and people were shouting and cheering for all of them as they walked by. 

"You know I've never been on a roller coaster before," Steve said to Natasha as they walked hand in hand towards the wooden one. 

 Natasha raised an eyebrow, "Never? Didn't you grow up near Coney Island?" 

Steve nodded, "Yeah but I had so many health issues that I didn't ever dare get on them. I was normally the guy that held everyone's stuff."

Natasha smiled, "Are you scared of them?" 

Steve looked at the ride as they got closer to it, "Not of this one. It doesn't look too high." 

"It looks higher than I like to be so I'll sit this one out guys. I can hold the bags and stuff. Getting too excited or nervous isn't a good idea for me," Bruce said, going off Steve's statement.

Tony attempted to argue with Bruce about riding it but eventually they all agreed that it would be terrible press if the Hulk came out and destroyed a bunch of roller coasters in front of a crowd.

So Bruce took everyone's stuff and they all got in line for the ride, attempting to decided riding partners at the same time. 

Steve and Natasha obviously decided to ride together, Peter called dibs on 'Mr. Stark', Clint and Wanda decided they'd rather ride with each other than the other two, which left Sam and Bucky together. 

Tony wanted to sit up front but so did Bucky so they argued for a while over that before eventually flipping a coin that meant Sam and Bucky would sit in the first row. 

They all boarded onto the train for the ride and Natasha couldn't help but laugh a little at how large Steve looked sitting there with the bar across his lap. He was already holding on and looked a lot more tense than someone who wasn't scared would. 

"Relax Rogers. If you grip that bar any tighter you might break it." 

Steve blushed and loosened his grip, "Sorry...is this thing safe? It doesn't look super safe." 

Natasha grinned, "It's safe. Plus, I've watched you jump out of a plane with no parachute and then later that same week jump out of an elevator that was like 20 stories up. This fall would be nothing to you." 

Steve frowned, "That's not comforting Nat." 

Natasha laughed and reached over to place her hand on top of Steve's as the cart began to pull away from the station. 

Steve let out a small yelp as they went down a small hill and became to climb a much larger one. 

"This feels a lot higher than it looked Natasha," Steve said at the top of the hill, squeezing her hand tightly as the train began to reach the peak.

Natasha laughed and looked over at Steve as the cart went over the drop. His eyes were tightly closed and he was still gripping her hand like it was what was holding him inside the cart. She grinned through the ride and leaned into Steve's side as the train finally came to a stop. 

Steve's hair was a complete mess and his face was bright red. 

"That was fun," Natasha said with a smirk, taking his hand and climbing out of the cart. 

"What's up with you Cap, you look like you just saw a ghost," Tony teased. 

Natasha tossed a glare in his direction and Tony quickly shut up about Steve and went on to argue with the others about what the next ride would be. 

Ignoring them, she looked back at Steve and ran a hand through his tussled hair, "You alright there Rogers?" 

Steve nodded, "Just a little caught off guard, that's all." 

Natasha smiled and pulled him along as they walked with the group, "Good. I was worried your heart might not make it through that. You gonna be okay for the rest of these rides? I think we started with an easy one." 

"As long as your riding them with me I'll do whatever you want me too," Steve said with a small smile. 

Natasha rolled her eyes, "You know you can stop trying to charm your way into my pants. You've already gotten there." 

Steve blushed and Clint groaned from in from of them, "Damn it Natasha, I'm right here." 

"Oh please. Don't act as though this is anything you didn't know. We aren't exactly quiet or secretive anymore." 

Clint sighed, "That doesn't mean I want to be reminded of it." 

Sam turned around, "I'll second that." 

"I'll third it!" Bucky said, not turning around. 

"I'd fourth it but she already threatens me enough so I'm staying out of it," Tony said. 

Natasha rolled her eyes, "I think someone should teach you what staying out of it means Stark."

Wanda sighed, "Are we going to ride something else or continue to talk about Steve and Natasha's sex life?" 

Bruce pointed at a building across the sidewalk, looking very uncomfortable, "I think that's a ride."

Peter looked it up and nodded, "Oooh! It's a shooting game! Like a competition." 

"I'm about to whoop some ass then," Sam said, dramatically cracking his knuckles.

Bucky scoffed, "In your dreams Wilson. You can barely hit a target standing still." 

Sam frowned, "I can and I have." 

Peter frowned, "Won't Mr. Hawkeye and Agent Romanoff probably win this?" 

Clint nodded, "Absolutely I will." 

Natasha rolled her eyes, "Only if I let you. I'm better with a gun and you know it." 

"We'll see about that," Clint said, frowning. 

"Bruce, are you coming on this one?" Wanda asked. 

Bruce shook his head, "I think I should sit this one out too. I'm not good at target practice anyways." 

He took their stuff again and they all walked into the building to get in line for the ride. Of course, they reached the front fairly quickly because they were the Avengers and figured out how to ride. There were three people per row so Steve, Natasha, and Wanda sat in the first row, Sam, Bucky, and Clint sat behind them, and Thor, Peter, and Tony sat in the back. 

Natasha sat up, holding the plastic fake gun in her hands like it was a lethal weapon and dismissing Steve when he asked what they were shooting at. 

"Figure it out Rogers, I'm trying to win," She teased, hitting every target. 

By the end of the ride, Natasha had beaten Clint by barely a hundred points and Thor had come in dead last. Apparently, he had been enjoying the ride too much to actually shoot anything. 

"How does it feel to lose bird brain?" Tony asked. 

"You lost too dumbass," Clint said back. 

"I'm not the one who claims they can't miss," Tony argued. 

"Would you guys shut up," Wanda said, shaking her head. 

Natasha grinned, "Barton's just pissed that he can't beat me at his own game." 

Clint rolled his eyes, "I'm not entirely sure you didn't find a way to cheat." 

Peter pointed at a ride across the way, "I think we should do that one next, it looks fun." 

Dropping the previous argument, they all eventually agreed to go to the next ride. 

Natasha was less excited about this one because it was a water ride, "If I get soaked I'm going to be pissed at all of you." 

Steve frowned, "Even me?" 

Natasha nodded, "You're going to be my human shield so if that fails, then especially you." 

Steve laughed, "I'll do my best." 

She smiled slightly at him and they all continued to the ride. 

Steve ended up working perfectly as a human shield and Natasha came off the ride almost completely dry. 

From there, the team decided to split up. Peter, Tony, Sam, and Bucky wanted to do the other water ride that was right there; Thor and Bruce wanted snacks; Clint and Wanda wanted to race on the go-carts, and Natasha wanted to do the ferris wheel with Steve. 

They each went their separate ways and agreed to meet at another roller coaster in thirty minutes. 

"You think they'll all make it back in one piece?" Steve asked with a small laugh as Natasha pulled him towards the ferris wheel. 

"They'll be fine, I'd be more worried about Thor spending all of our money on food or sweets."

Steve frowned, "Did Tony give him all the money?" 

Natasha shrugged, "Probably more than he should have." 

Steve sighed, "Remind me why we agreed to come today?" 

"Because in a few minutes we'll be on a ride alone and that's the closest we'll have gotten to a day off in months," Natasha teased. 

Steve smiled and placed a kiss on Natasha's hand and pulled her closer to him as they got into the line for the ferris wheel. 

She rolled her eyes, "Sometimes you're so romantic it hurts." 

Steve raised an eyebrow, "Wasn't it your suggestion for us to go on a ferris wheel together? Based on the movies you've showed me, that's about as romantic as it gets." 

Natasha gently elbowed him in the stomach, "You're going to make me regret wanting some time alone with you." 

Steve gave her a cheeky grin, "You always want alone time with me." 

"Watch it Rogers. Right now I like you more than the others but that can change." 

Steve put his hands up in mock surrender, "Alright, understood." 

Natasha rolled her eyes and took his hand again as they got to the front of the line. The worker let them into one of the cars and Steve sat next to Natasha with his arm wrapped around her waist.

She leaned into his shoulder until they started to move away from the loading station, then she pulled away and grabbed his chin to gently pull him into a kiss. 

"Is this why you wanted to get me alone?" Steve teased. 

Natasha grinned, "It's certainly a part of it. There's no one watching up here." 

Steve smiled, kissing her again, "No one arguing either." 

Natasha hummed in agreement, "Exactly." 

They kissed for a few more minutes, probably getting a little more heated than what was appropriate for an amusement park but drew apart when the car eventually returned to the ground. 

Steve was flustered and red in the face and Natasha looked pleased with herself as they walked towards the roller coaster they were meeting the others at.

"There they are!" Peter yelled as they got closer. 

"How was the view?" Wanda asked. 

Natasha smirked, "We didn't pay much attention to it but I'm sure it was great." 

Most of the others groaned as Steve blushed again and Clint sighed, "Jesus Christ you two are ridiculous. Let's just go on the ride before they sneak off to a bathroom or something." 

Natasha laughed and they all walked into the line for the next ride. 

Bruce once again chose to sit the ride out and they went back to the same ride partners they had for the first ride. Only this time, Clint and Wanda had gotten the front seat. 

When they were almost at the front of the line, Steve looked at Natasha with a small frown, "Why does this go backwards?" 

Natasha shrugged, "It does both. First we do the ride backwards and then it goes forwards through the same track." 

Steve frowned and scratched the back of his neck, obviously still nervous about the ride. 

"It's not as bad as it sounds," She promised. 

From behind them in line, Bucky nodded, "It's worse." 

Natasha jabbed him with her elbow and Bucky groaned, "Kidding. I'm only kidding. It's not bad at all." 

Steve rolled his eyes and rested his hands on Natasha's hips while they waited for their train. 

Once again, Natasha held Steve's hand throughout the ride and by the end of this one, Steve found that he had actually enjoyed it once he stopped worrying about the safety of the coasters. 

"How come your hair stays perfect on all of these rides?" Tony asked Natasha. 

Natasha shrugged, "It's braided. There's not really a lot of directions it can go." 

Thor frowned, "If that is the solution than I would love if someone would braid mine." 

Wanda smiled, "I'll braid your hair Thor." 

Thor grinned, "Thank you Lady Wanda!" 

They paused for a few minutes while Wanda braided Thor's hair and took the time to disperse to get snacks and do whatever else they needed. 

"Hey Steve, will you put some of this on my shoulders?" Natasha asked, handing him the bottle of sunscreen. 

Steve nodded and applied some of the lotion to her shoulders.

Natasha put the bottle back in the bag when he was finished and leaned up to kiss him shortly, "Thank you."  

"Mom look! It's Captain America!" 

Steve looked up and saw a small girl who looked to be around seven running towards them with her mother trailing behind and desperately calling out her name. 

The girl stopped right in front of Steve and Natasha and smiled, "You guys saved the world!" 

Steve chuckled and Natasha cracked a small smile. 

"Eliza you can't just run off like that!" Her mother said, finally catching up with her. 

"But mom, it's Captain America and the Black Widow!!" She turned back to them, "You are them right?" 

"Yeah that's us," Steve said with a laugh. 

The mom sighed, "I'm so sorry about her. She's obsessed with superheroes. Would you mind if she got a quick picture?"  

"Not at all," Steve answered for both of them.

The girl stood in between the two of them with a wide grin and when her mother had finished taking a picture, she turned to Natasha and wrapped her arms around her tightly, "I think you're the coolest Avenger!" 

With that, the girl took off in another direction, leaving Natasha slightly confused and Steve even more in love than he had been before. 

"You know I think you're the coolest Avenger too," Steve said, pulling Natasha towards him with a wide grin. 

"Oh shut up," She teased, resting her head on his shoulder. 

Steve grinned and they walked towards the rest of the group who were all ready to go to the next ride. 

After a few more roller coasters they got lunch and then finally got Bruce to go on a kiddie ride with them. 

Steve ended up liking roller coasters a lot more than he had at the beginning of the day and when the park had finally closed, the group had done pretty much every ride in the park. 

The ride back was surprisingly quiet, probably because Peter, Thor, Bucky, and Sam were all passed out. 

Natasha used Steve as a pillow for most of the ride back and tried to stay awake mostly out of pride.

When they finally got back, she dragged Steve up to their room and sat down on the couch besides him, "I'm exhausted." 

"I'm pretty sure a day at a theme park with that group is more tiring than any mission I've ever had to go on." 

Natasha nodded. "I think we deserve a day off from our day off. Maybe we can call out sick for tomorrow's training session. I don't think any of them would be very upset about it." 

Steve shook his head, "No but I think Fury would be." 

Natasha groaned, "Then maybe we should just make them run a few miles around the compound tomorrow while we sit in the shade and watch." 

Steve laughed, "I get the feeling that wouldn't go over well either." 

Natasha sighed, "Fine, if you're going to make me actually work tomorrow than you can carry me to our bed." 

Steve shook his head with a smile and lifted Natasha up bridal style, "You could ask nicely." 

"Why would I do that when telling you works just as well," Natasha teased. 

Steve gently set her down on the bed and grabbed two shirts from his drawer. He tossed one to Natasha, knowing that it was her preferred sleepwear and changed into the other. 

By the time Steve was dressed and ready for bed, Natasha had changed and had taken her hair own and was now laying down in her spot. 

She pulled Steve down to her and kissed him slowly. 

Steve pulled away shortly and laid down so that Natasha could rest her head on his chest like she typically did when they slept. 

"Goodnight Nat," Steve said, running his fingers through her hair soothingly. 

Natasha hummed contently, "Goodnight Steve, I love you." 

"I love you too," Steve whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead and wondering if Natasha even realized that she had told him she loved him for the first time. 

He figured that she was probably too tired to think much about it and decided that he would talk about it tomorrow if need be, but for now, he was just elated to be with such an amazing woman. 

Hey guys. Sorry this chapter took so long. It's also a mess and I just squeezed a shit ton of Avengers fluff plus romanogers to make up for it so I hope it worked. Please comment and vote if you enjoyed! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 3K 44
DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters. All rights belong to Marvel ~ Just a bunch of series and one shots on Romanogers for the shippers
295K 3.7K 37
Marvel One Shots I'm comfortable writing anything, just message me a request :)
283K 6.8K 25
Another Romanogers story. I never get tired of writing these. Hope you enjoy!
95.4K 1.6K 24
A bunch of Romanogers oneshots because I can't get enough of them.