And As If By Magic | Stiles S...

By fangirling08xx

When Scott gets bitten, him and his friend Stiles are thrust in to a world run by chaos. Will a young witch b... More

Cast
Prologue
Wolf Moon Part 1
Wolf Moon Part 2
Second Chance at First Line Part 1
A Second Chance at First Line Part 2
Pack Mentality Part 2
Magic Bullet
The Tell
Heart Monitor
Night School Part 1
Night School Part 2
Lunatic
Wolf's Bane
Co-Captain
Formality
Code Breaker
Book 2

Pack Mentality Part 1

317 6 1
By fangirling08xx

| A/N  Gonna try and do it in first person just to do something different |

I hear a buzzing from next to me, forcing me to peel open my eyes, rubbing them to get the sleep to go away. I grumbled, cursing whoever was calling me at 6:30 in the morning. Without looking at the caller ID I picked up.

"Hello, you've reached a very tired Elle, who is this?" I say monotonously with a slight gravel to my voice being as I had just woken up.

"Hey, sorry Elle it's Allison." The other girl on the line says with a slight giggle.

"Why are you so happy so early in the morning Ally?" I sigh, trying out a new nickname, sitting up and catching my rough looking reflection in the mirror. My hair was everywhere and I had dark circles from left over mascara, making me cringe, throwing off the covers to open the curtains.

"Ha I like it, well I'm calling you because my car is playing up and neither of my parents can take me to school, you wouldn't be able to come pick me up would you? Please?" She asks through the phone polite as ever, and I could practically see the nervous smile on her lips through the phone.

"Of course I can munchkin, be ready at quarter to 8, we can grab a coffee on the way." I say yawning, and stumbling over to the bathroom to start sorting out the mess that was my face.

"Okay see you soon! Love you! Thank you so much!"

"No problem." I say giggling at her politeness, blowing a kiss down the phone before hanging up.

I washed my face and brush my teeth, tying up my hair before getting in to the shower, for a quick freshen up, and karaoke session to Hamilton.

When I was done I sauntered back to my room, to the beat of 'What did I Miss' (Daveed Diggs is the best), grabbing a cute cropped jumper and some jeans, before Dutch plaiting my hair and applying my usual thin layer of make up with a chunky wing of eyeliner. 

I jogged down the stairs, putting on the kettle for a cup of tea, and made myself some jam on toast. I packed myself some lunch for school and packed my bag for the day, sipping on my cuppa as I did. I look in the mirror and decide I need some lipstick on today. I'm feeling boujee. I grab a nude lipstick and line my lips with a slightly darker pencil, adding the nude over top and pouting at myself in the mirror just for the fun of it.

I look at the time and decide it is probably a good idea to get going, so I chuck on my khaki jacket and head out the door.

When I pull up outside the Argent house I text Allison to tell her I'm outside and she appears after a minute or so running over to my car and getting in the passenger side. 

"Ugh. Thank you so much, I owe you one." She says with a smile on her face.

"Oh shush what are friends for if it's not for last minute lifts. I'd have been stuck many a time if I had to give Stiles a lift every time he gave me one." I laugh and put on Little Mix , us singing at the top of our lungs to 'Power' all the way to the local cafe.

We grabbed a couple of lattes, mine with vanilla syrup, and sat in the car with them for a while just chatting, when my favourite topic comes up. My feelings for Stiles. Note the sarcasm.

"So Lydia tells me you have the biggest crush on Scott's bestie." Allison says with a cheeky grin on her face.

"It's not a crush Ally, I'm fucking head over heals for the guy, it's so annoying." I sigh, downing the rest of my coffee, as if it's going to make everything better.

"Why is it annoying??" She asks incredulously.

"Well it's so cringe isn't it. Being in love with your childhood best friend, and plus he only sees me as that. A best friend. So it's kind of depressing." I say swirling my cup around, before Allison grabs my hand.

"Looking at the two of you the other day when you found me and Scott after the game, he has more feelings than you realise. He was looking at you when you were giggling, like you were the only girl in the world. That he wished he could be with you. And I'd say I'm a pretty good judge of character. I mean he calls you Belle for god's sake, it means beauty in french, no one else calls you that." She said looking in to my eyes, and I could tell she believed what she was saying, but I couldn't help but feel like she had been seeing it all wrong, as much as I wished for her to be right.

"That's because I used to have an unhealthy obsession with Beauty and the Beast when I was a kid. Noah used to call me Belle too, but after my father died... anyway you may be a good judge of character, but Stiles sees me as a sister. He has said it before. It sucks but I'll get over it." 

"Well, if he doesn't like you its his loss, you're beautiful and kind and sweet and lovely and not to mention hot as hell, definitely deserving of the name Belle, so you can find someone else, someone who loves you for you." She smiles at me.

"Thanks Ally, you're a great friend. Let's go in to school ay?" I said and we wondered in to school, and as soon as we entered Scott crashes in to Allison acting all weird.

The school tannoy comes on and informs students that classes will be on as normal to which I give Stiles a funny look. "An attack on a school bus." He says nonchalantly.

"Oh that makes total and complete sense." I say with an extra large dose of sarcasm and Stiles scoffs at my comment, as we head to Chemistry with Mr. Harris, after waving goodbye to Allison. On our way to class they filled me in on what had been going on, Scott's dream and the blood all over the bus.

We sat down in out usual spaces, me next to Stiles and Scott in the seat in front of us, We were doing the work before Scott turned around with a new theory.

"Maybe it was my blood on the door."

"Could have been animal blood?" I suggested getting an affirming nod from Stiles.

"Yeah maybe you caught a rabbit or something."

"And did what?" At this me and Stiles looked at each other, both questioning the brains of our friend.

"Ate it." we said at the same time.

"Raw?" Scott grimaced and I face palmed. This boy I swear to god.

"No you stopped to bake it in your little werewolf oven. I don't know you're the one who can't remember anything." Stiles said, the words dripping in sarcasm, which made me let out a snort of laughter, to which Stiles looked at me sniggering at the sound I just made involuntarily.

"What's so funny Miss Brooks? Mr Stilinski? I think you two and Mr McCall would benefit from a little distance. Yes?"

"No." Stiles said simply, as i just groaned and banged my head on the table in frustration, hearing the boys move to different seats.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets too much." Harris says as I look up and give him the most fake smile I could muster, which he returned.

Suddenly a girl ran to the window "I think they found something!" She said and everyone rushed to the window. 

I was behind everyone and because of my 5'1 stature, even in the chunky heeled boots I had on, I couldn't see, so I went behind Stiles and asked him what was happening, and he moved out the way, moving me in front of him with his hands on my hips, and every place he touched felt like sparks of electricity were running through me, and my breathing ceased to exist.

Scott came up next to us, staring at the man in the gurney. "That's not a rabbit." he said simply. Before Stiles could reply the man sat up and started screaming, making everyone, including me, jump. I felt Stiles' grip on my hips tighten and pull me away as it happened, lighting me on fire, and I grabbed on to his hand for comfort.

"This is good, this is good, he got up, he's not dead." Stiles says sliding his hands to my waist and pulling me in to his side as he comforted Scott. "Dead guys can't do that."

"Stiles. I did that."

°°°

"So the guy just shot up?" Lydia asked me in the dinner cue.

"Yeah it was terrifying. Like a horror movie type jump scare."

"Oh my god" Allison said from in front of me. "Did Stiles comfort you?" she said with a smirk.

"Yeah kinda." I said

"I told you! Details, Elle, details." She begged, as we got our lunch trays.

"Well I couldn't see when everyone was looking at the guy being brought out so he took my hips and put me in front of him." I said and they squealed, me laughing along. "And then when it happened, he, like, tightened his grip and started to pull me away for the window. And then he pulled me in for a side hug" I said with a shy smile picking up a cheese and ham sandwich from the canteen, whilst Allison pretended to melt, Lydia giggling at her.

"Well he seems to be acting right, but if he hurts you I will murder him." Lydia says with a straight face.

"Chill Lyds, it's not like he's asked me out or anything." I said but she gave me the 'shut up I know better and so do you' look, to which I groaned.

"He will. When he gets the balls to." she says and we all laugh, but then I realise we were walking over to the table with Scott and Stiles on it. Oh. My. God.

"Figure what out?" Lydia asks the boys as she places her tray on the table, Allison placing hers next to Scott's and both of the boys look at her in utter confusion and awe, looking up to me with questioning faces. I just shrugged and sat next to Stiles.

"Just, uh, homework." Scott says. 

"Why are you guys sitting with us?" Stiles whispers in my ear, the warmth of his breath making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

"I don't know." I whispered back looking him in his honey coloured eyes.

Danny sits beside me hugging me in to his side, making me giggle. "You alright mini?" He asks and I nod laughing at him.

"Tip top Danny boy." I say as a few of our group sit around us, Stiles looking around confused and uncomfortable, his hands clenching with anxiety. To comfort him I take his hand under the table and lace our fingers together and he looks at me with gratitude.

"Get up." Jackson says bored with the guy who is always trying to sit next to Lydia.

"Why don't you ever ask Danny to get up?" He sighs.

"Because I don't stare at his girlfriend's coin slot." And I laugh, giving him a high five.

"Nice one Daniela." I say.

"Thank you Elle, means a lot coming from the queen of quips." He laughs nudging me in the shoulder, making me chuckle at the new nickname he had given me. "So I hear they're saying it was some type of animal attack, probably a cougar."

"I heard mountain lion." Jackson the dumb ass says. But as I was about to correct him someone stopped me.

"A cougar is a mountain lion." Lydia said with a 'duh' tone of voice before realising her mistake. "Isn't it?" She added to keep up the dumb girl facade, and I smirked at her.

"Who cares. The guys probably just some homeless tweaker whose gonna die anyway."

"Don't be so insensitive." I said, scoffing at his disgusting attitude.

"Actually I just found out who it is. Check it out." Stiles says from beside me, bringing out his phone.

 The video explained the situation and showed a picture of the guy who was attacked.

"I know that guy. When I used to live with my dad, I'd take the bus. He was the driver." Scott said, before Lydia asked to change the subject.

"Like shall we talk about what we're doing tomorrow night?"

"What?" Allison said, obviously oblivious to the situation.

"You said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow night, right?"

 "Um, we were thinking about what we were gonna do." Allison said looking for help from me, but I just put my hands up in the air like a surrender, showing her I'm not getting involved.

"Well I'm not sitting home again watching lacrosse videos, so if the four of us are hanging out it has to be something fun."

"H-hanging out?" Scott stutters. "Like the four of us? Do you wanna hang out like us and them?" He said with Stiles shaking his head and sinking down in to his seat.

"Yeah, I guess. Sounds fun." Allison said, not getting the hint.

"You know what else sounds fun. Stabbing myself in the face with a fork." Jackson says.

"You want some help, I'm more than happy to." I reply getting my fork ready, smirking at him.

"Very funny Brooks." He chuckles.

"Thanks Whittemore." I say with a cheeky wink, feeling a stare coming from right beside me.

"How about bowling you love to bowl!" Lydia says. And my eyes and Stiles' immediately find Scott's, both shaking our heads discreetly.

"Yeah with actual competition." Jackson says, and I immediately know Scott will fall for this.

"How do you know we aren't actual competition? You can bowl right?" Allison asks, and I sigh, gritting my teeth together.

"Sort of."

"Is it sort of or yes?" Jackson goads.

And as I predicted, Scott fell for it.

"Yes. In fact, I'm a great bowler."

Shit.

°°°

"You're a terrible bowler!" Stiles exclaims as we go down the stairs, following Scott.

"I know! I'm such an idiot."

"Well you can bloody well say that again." I scoff at the boy.

"It was like watching a car wreck. I mean first it turned in to the whole group date thing. And then outta nowhere comes that phrase."

"Hanging out." Scott says as Stiles grabs his head.

"Whats wrong with the phrase hanging out?" I say confused.

"You don't hang out with hot girls, okay? It's like death. Once it's hanging out, you might as well be her gay best friend. You and Danny can start hanging out." Stiles explained to me and then to Scott. My heart immediately sank, and a lump in my throat started to grow. I'd let his actions in chemistry get to me, I'd listened to Allison. Now he was confirming what I knew was true, that he didn't like me, and it was heartbreaking.

"Oh thanks." I say, throwing as much sarcasm at it to make it seem like I didn't care.

"I don't think Danny likes me very much. Belle does Danny like me?" He says, but I shrug my shoulders, not trusting my voice, and put up my hand as a small wave and turn the corner in to the girls bathroom.

Once in one of the stalls, I let the tears run, trying to hold in the sobs as not to let the person in the stall next to me know I was crying.

After a couple of minutes I recompose myself, and walk out to look in the mirror, cleaning up my make up and fiddling with my plaits, before shaking out the bad feelings and stalking to my car with confidence and a poker face to rival Lady Gaga herself.

°°°

When I got home I felt as if I needed my friends Jean Valjean and Eponine to cry and sing along to so I made some popcorn, got in to a baggy shirt and some joggers, and got myself a hot chocolate, and sat down on the sofa with Les Mis and a shit load of Cadbury's chocolate I had bought the last time I went to visit my grandparents. I sang On My Own with Eponine, the best I could with all the popcorn and tears and when it was finally over, I felt I needed something more upbeat to get me back to my normal self. So Mean Girls went in.

I watched the movie laughing at Karen most of the time. I was just thinking Amanda Seyfried is just the best, but also kind of annoying because of how good she is, and had just started  Mamma Mia when I heard my phone go off.

I chucked one of the cushions on the floor, to find my phone and I answered begrudgingly. It was Stiles.

"Yes?"

"That was aggressive." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm watching Mamma Mia and you're interrupting my favourite song Stilinski." I said, giving myself a valid excuse for being rude.

"Oh, Honey Honey?" He asked.

"Lay All Your Love on Me." I said back and I heard a noise of recognition. I often made him watch musicals with me on our movie nights.

"So me and Scott are going to the bus, he wants to remember what happened and Derek said you'd have advice for him, can you leave Sky and Sophie for the night and come help us?" He pleaded, and I sighed, really not feeling it. I wanted to sit and watch Meryl be incredible not be stuck in a car with the guy I was mad at and his idiot best friend who might have killed someone

But who would she be without the dickheads?

"Fine. But you owe me."

"Yesssss. Thank you!" He says down the phone which make you smile softly.

"When will you be here?"

"Um. We are." He said.

"Oh for fucks sake." I sigh, and I can almost see the awkward smile from down the phone.

"I'll be out in a minute." I said, hanging up and quickly tidying the living room, before running upstairs to grab a random hoodie and I chucked some trainers on, going outside and locking the door behind me.

Scott got out of the car smiling awkwardly at me as I shook my head and climbed in to the back.

And we set off to the school in an awkward silence, so I decided to break it.

"So what you need me for Scotty?" I asked, wanting to know exactly what I'd been dragged out of my house for.

"Well I need to remember, Derek said to go back to the place, but that you could explain it to me."

"Bit weird but okay." I said, and the boys shared a look. "What was that?"

"Nothing." They both said at the same time, I rolled my eyes.

"Well you need to let your instincts take over, don't think too much, feel the fabric, close your eyes, and it should just transport you back. It's easy as long as you don't try too hard." I said as we pulled up to the school.

Stiles getting out too, but I pulled him back in to his seat. "You can't go Scott has to do this on his own." I say to him deadly serious, he looks at Scott like a kicked puppy, who simply shrugs.

"Why does it feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin? I don't wanna be Robin all of the time." He says whining at Scott who looks at him confused.

"Nobody is Batman or Robin, any of the time."

"Not even some of the time?" Stiles replies, his face dropping to sadness, and I sit back in the seat.

"Just stay here."

"Oh my god!" Stiles says flopping back in his seat.

After a minute or so he looks around at me confused. "Why haven't you come to sit in the front?" He asks me.

"He's gonna be back in a minute, no point" I say picking at my finger nails.

"Belle, what's wrong? I know you too well, something's upsetting you, and I wanna know what it is." Stiles says as he puts a hand on my knee, softly rubbing it with his thumb

"It's nothing. I'll get over it." I say, looking up at him, then suddenly I saw a torch shining in the school car park. "Stiles beep your horn." I say, and he turns around quickly slamming his hand on the middle of the wheel.

Scott starts running doing an impressive flip over the fence before barreling in to the Jeep, and Stiles sped away.

"Did it work, did you remember?" Stiles said as he sped down the road.

"Yeah I was there last night, and the blood, a lot of it was mine." Scott started.

"So you did attack him." I said with interest.

"No. I saw a pair of glowing eyes in the bus but they weren't mine. It was Derek."

"What about the driver?" Stiles uttered.

"I think I was actually trying to protect him."

"Why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?"

"That's what I don't get."

"I think you boys are forgetting it might not be Derek, It could be another werewolf we dont know about."

"Like who?" Scott asked me, unconvinced by my theory.

"I don't know, real wolves are highly migratory creatures, someone could have come here recently. It doesn't have to be Derek." I explain to him but Stiles wasn't listening.

"It's gotta be a pack thing."

"What do you mean?" Scott w=said with renewed interest.

"Like an initiation, you do the kill together."

"Because ripping someones throat out is a real bonding experience." I scoff.

"Yeah but you didn't do it Scott, which means you're not a killer! And it also means that..."

"I can go out with Allison."

"Well I was gonna say you wont kill me or Belle."

"Oh yeah, that too."

|A/N Let me know what you think to this different style? I kind of like it not going to lie, it sounds more personal, I might do a Stiles one in the future too! :)|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 329 23
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’˜๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’Œ๐’†๐’†๐’‘" Book 1 Stiles Stilinski x Fem!OC TW S1-2 Started: 04/17/24 ...
115K 4.3K 136
โ€ข BOOK ONE โ€ข "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion sense and a quick wit is dragged into a w...
323K 8.6K 34
โ€ข Book 1 Life took an unexpected turn [Season 1 & 2 of MTV's hit show Teen Wolf] Disclaimers: โ€ข English is not my first language and this is my fi...
12.9K 283 22
What if Scott wasn't the first werewolf in the family? What if his twin sister has been a secret werewolf for nearly eight years? Skylar McCall, tw...