Till The Clock Strikes Gone

By iyahartwrites

❝In class, you said I reminded you of someone. Who is she?❞ ❝My wife. You remind me of my wife.❞ ... More

|| foreword ||
PART ONE
letters to Eliza : ONE
o1 | maybe
o2 | turn of the tables
o3 | darling
o4 | a gift
o5 | find me
PART TWO
letters to Eliza : TWO
o6 | moonvale
o7 | the man from the future
o8 | a memory of her
o9 | no more his
10 | yes?
PART THREE
letters to Eliza : THREE
11 | William Ray
12 | little witch
13 | a helping hand
14 | beautiful
15 | a stranger so own
PART FOUR
letters to Eliza : FOUR
16 | gone forever
17 | fantasy
18 | dear Eliza
19 | unstable
20 | never
PART FIVE
letters to Eliza : FIVE
21 | love
22 | stay
23 | ignis aurum probat
24 | future
25 | doomed
PART SIX
letters to Eliza : SIX
26 | my heart
27 | lover at your door
28 | my only love
29 | faith
30 | a christmas tale
PART SEVEN
letters to Eliza : the last letter
31 | drug of the night
32 | always yours
33 | conflicted
34 | never leave my view
35 | the time machine
36 | brave for love
37 | letters
38 | oblivion
39 | moonshine
40 | the return
41 | James
42 | home
epilogue: the boy
BONUS One: Peace
|| afterword ||
NEW BOOK | Behind Your Walls

a letter to William

9.3K 700 68
By iyahartwrites

22nd May 2018

Dearest William,

I write this letter for my ears have been greeted with all kinds of evil rumours about you having second thoughts about our marriage and as the ceremony dawns closer, it aches my heart to know that you would feel such a thing. Due to the constant trouble that lingers in my head when I see your indifference towards me, I have found myself in correspondence with my fears. I fear that you doubt my love and therefore, I want to clear that doubt once and for all.

Eliza Scott isn't like any other woman. She is a mess. She doesn't have dreams, nor has she been blessed with one of God's many gifts. She is hopeless in her own world, her thoughts conflicting with her emotions and she has found herself being in need of constant support. She doesn't dream of earning money. She doesn't dream of being an empress or a symbol of power and struggle. Eliza isn't sure about anything in her life except William Ray because she is sure she loves him. He is her anchor. He is the dewdrop that fell on her skin and seeped through her veins to travel through her entangled nerves and reach a perfectly safe spot in her heart. He is her everything. If he dies, she will perish because without him, her heart is nothing but a cold stone.

Eliza is William's shadow even though he doesn't know it. She prays to God day and night to keep her beloved safe. Her love for him knows no boundaries and it goes wherever he goes. The past, present or future, Eliza's heart will be William's forever and ever.

My heart will walk with you through the darkest of times. I will cherish with you in your joy and cry with you in your pain. I will be there to keep you warm when you are cold. You rule my cruel mind, my moonshine, a mind that wants nothing but you. I have never been good with words, you are the king of them. I don't know how to convince you of my sincerity with their use and yet I have decided to try my best.

Don't doubt my love for it is a feeling that was authored by you and it will forever be indebted to you. This love will be there, through the tranquillity of your peace and when you cross the ravenous seas. It will protect you from every monstrosity of this world. Whenever you feel like the whole world is against you, just look at your Eliza and you will find yourself safe in her arms. I will be your armour and the entire universe will be scared of hurting you. You will always find me by your side if you care enough to notice someday. I will be your preacher and you will be my pride, and all you have to do is never leave my view.

Yours,
Eliza

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 553 23
*** Featured on StoruesUndiscovered *** A bittersweet story about a lover who never stayed and a love that never ended. Disclaimer- This is a work...
249K 7.7K 35
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...
426K 8.7K 18
One moment, Emma Scott is in her college room in 2015, and the next she's in 1921 falling in love with an ex-soldier with a charming smile and a secr...
246K 10.2K 58
What happens when we put together two workaholics with their hearts closed to love? Eleanor, a clumsy twenty-two-year-old, had everything in her lif...