Haikyuu Oneshots

By schyestudio

☁︎ ┆ ❝ The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ❞ As of August 2022, thi... More

⿻ K. AKAASHI - "prom night" ✩
⿻ H. IWAIZUMI - "the second button"
⿻ Y. TERUSHIMA - "i hate you"
PLAYLIST VIBES ↴
♪ k. futakuchi; your shirt ✩
♪ y. shibayama; flowers
♪ m. yaku; green tea & honey
VALENTINE'S DAY SCENARIO ↴
ఇ k. sugawara
ఇ e. semi
ఇ t. kuroo
ఇ t. yamaguchi ✩
WHITE DAY SCENARIO ↴
❀ k. sugawara
❀ e. semi
WINTER HOLIDAYS SCENARIO ↴
❄︎ l. haiba
❄︎ k. kozume

⿻ Y. NISHINOYA - "netflix date"

6.5K 102 29
By schyestudio

————
N E T F L I X D A T E
yū nishinoya

w a r n i n g s : none
c a t e g o r y : fluff
————

Unusual and spontaneity surrounded Nishinoya like a cloud, but the text he sent you certainly topped your growing list of peculiar happenings. It wasn't so much the content of the message that surprised you, rather it was that it came with no prior mention. He had asked if you could come over to his house once club practice finished. The two of you were on good terms, definitely friends, and you'd been to his house before along with Ennoshita and Tanaka for study sessions when exam season rolled around.

         But Nishinoya has never gone out of his way to ask if you could come over this suddenly and it didn't sound like there would be anyone else joining this time around. From the way he had phrased the text, it also sounded urgent— you really hoped it wasn't another failed math quiz he needed help in hiding from his parents.

         Even if the text wasn't urgent, you still would've gone because of one glaring reason. A reason Ennoshita labelled as 'blatantly obvious' since first year when the four of you met. You had a massive crush on Nishinoya and you'd do anything he asked with no complaint. As obvious as Ennoshita made it sound, Nishinoya never whispered a word of it to you, much to your relief. Perhaps he didn't know or chose to not make you feel awkward.

         Regardless of the reasoning, you didn't go home once school ended and idled in the library until the time came when you knew club practice should have concluded. All that time, your head rushed with curiosity as to what could be so important— why did Nishinoya ask to see you, you pondered almost obsessively.

         Grateful that he lived close to school, if he didn't you were certain it wasn't his grades he would be held back for but tardiness; his hair didn't get its signature height all that easily. It didn't take you long to reach his house. A path you had committed to memory the first time he showed the group where he lived for study sessions.

         You reached the doorstep and held up a hand to knock, but stopped just a few inches away from the wood. A sudden wave of anxious worries washed over you. Was your hair messy from the nonexistent breeze that evening? Did your uniform get wrinkled in the leisurely pace you took to stroll here? Were you too eager with your timing and perhaps he wasn't even home yet? All the thoughts, down to the last detail plagued your mind and with every passing second, you were that much closer to turning around and leaving.

         "No, I came all this way," You whispered to yourself, firmly shaking away the ominous doubt in your mind.

         Once again, taking a deep breath and raising a hand to knock, you were prepared for a mental countdown to three.

         One

         Two

         You drew your fist back and—

         The door swung inward, behind it revealed Nishinoya. A towel was draped around his neck as he was drying his hair with ends, "I was wondering how long you were going to stand outside."

         "You knew I was outside?!" You gasped, thinking back on your brief mental collapse.

         Nishinoya laughed, "Well duh. There's a camera for a reason. You should've just texted me. I would've let you in sooner." He took a step back, inviting you in.

         Humbly, you crossed over and entered quietly, looking around. Behind you, you heard Nishinoya close the door, "My dad has the overnight shift tonight. You just missed him," he said, possibly catching your quick glance around.

         Nishinoya assumed you wanted to greet his dad as you always did with the others whenever you stopped by for study sessions. He was partially correct, you were looking for his dad but just to know if you were truly alone in the house with Nishinoya. The confirmation sent your head adrift in the clouds, but a sinking weight of guilt in your chest that you were too happy to hear of his dad's absence kept you grounded.

         In the entrance hall, you stood tentatively. You were still unsure of why Nishinoya asked you to come over in the first place. By your side, you felt the end of his towel brush against your arm and the scent of his shampoo drifted aimlessly as he passed you; his unstyled and damp hair was a rare sight to bless your eyes. It seemed he had been home for quite some time now, you assessed since he had time to shower and change into more comfortable clothes: a loose t-shirt with an abstract quote on it you knew he loved and sweatpants.

         "Sorry to make you wait," Nishinoya said, turning around to talk to you, "I didn't think you'd stay at school the whole time— I bet you were in the library before you came here! Weren't you?"

         "I—uh..." you stuttered, he wasn't wrong.

         Nishinoya laughed knowing he had you all figured out, "Geez, you're such a study bug aren't you," he teased.

         You shyly gripped the strap of your bag, the weight of the books it held felt like it had doubled once he said that. Nervously, you smiled, "About that, is that why you asked me to come? Your message sounded urgent. Did you need help studying for a test tomorrow?"

         Nishinoya groaned, his hands shot up to his face, dramatically dragging them down over his eyes, "Argh, it's always studying with you, hmm." He sighed, letting his hands go and gave you a sympathetic look, "You deserve a break, that's why I messaged you."

          He hadn't explained well enough, your eyebrows scrunched together, "I don't get it."

         He didn't spare you a second more. In a single swift motion he reached to grab your wrist and began to run full speed through his home, dragging you behind in tow.

         "Wo-Woah! Hold on!" You gasped, barely avoiding objects and furniture that he weaved through skillfully.

         Nishinoya's pace didn't slow as he mounted the stairs and hurried up to his room. You've been there a few times, but now it looks completely different than what you remembered. His bed had been transformed into a fort worthy of any child's wildest dreams; bed sheets had been hung around the sides, leaving only one opening to view the t.v. you noticed had been moved from the living room downstairs. Tying it all together and equally setting the warm, cozy mood were Christmas lights along the ceiling; they twinkled in a lazy fashion, slowly alternating on and off. Lastly, his small table you had fond memories of cramming four people's worth of textbooks and notes on had been rearranged for something more exciting: a snack table complete with a bowl of popcorn and other convenience store snacks.

         The more you gazed with a wonderstruck expression at just how much had changed, Nishinoya's smile grew wider, giving your wrist a playful tug, "So what do you think? Pretty cool right?"

         Looking at him, his smug expression was one of a kind. The usual mischief that gleamed in his eyes still shone brightly, but for a compliment this time. He loved watching you admire his handiwork that took him hours to do. No one had ever gone to such lengths for you before, you couldn't believe it to be true just yet, "You did all of this for me," you asked, the happiness seeping through your words.

          Nishinoya nodded, flashing you another wide smile, "Of course! A stellar genius like you deserves a night off every now and then."

         The setup was beautiful, something only your dreams could conjure. It was perfect for marathon movie watching and curling up under the covers for hours on a cold day. "Nishinoya, this is incredible. The amount of work— wait a second. When did you have time to do all of this?" The realization suddenly hit you that this couldn't have been done in the short span of time he had after practice today, especially if he already showered and changed.

         He shrugged, "I didn't go today."

         "You what?!"

         "I didn't go today, I sent you the message asking you to come over once I was already home and in the middle of putting all this together."

         Your eyes were wide and your mouth slightly open from the news. You had just assumed he was in practice the entire time and didn't ask too many questions after his text message because you thought he would be busy. Turns out he was but for a different reason than you bargained for. Your hands went to massage your temples, Nishonoya's light touch on your wrist fell.

         You sighed, "Gosh, I seriously thought you were in trouble. Next time let me know if you're going to do something like this so I can go home and change. I'm still in my uniform."

         "Your uniform," Nishinoya repeated questioningly, eyes flickering down to notice since all he paid attention to was your face, your hands, the particular way your lips would upwards in your smile. "Yeah the uniform is pretty stiff isn't it," he agreed, then walked into his room to head for his dresser, "you can borrow a set of my clothes if you want?" Nishinoya was busy fumbling through his drawers to look over his shoulder to see the vividly flustered blush that painted your cheeks.

         After a few seconds of rummaging, he found a shirt— his favorite one, well worn and soft, and a pair of sweatpants he honestly can't remember buying. Presenting the articles to you, he gave you a kind almost sheepish grin, "I know these aren't the nicest but if it would help to make you more comfortable then please use them."

         You set your bag on the floor and accepted them graciously, "Thank you Nishinoya."

          "Sorry, I should've made things more clear, but I really wanted to surprise you. Next time, I'll let you know properly."

         Next time. So he was already thinking about the possibility of this happening again in the future, you daydreamed. It was always the smallest of things to send your heart soaring wildly. You held onto those words, treasuring them along with the feelings of sincerity in Nishinoya's gestures. Excusing yourself, you went to change in the bathroom down the hallway. As much as you could, you took your time in doing so. Taking note of the way his shirt cascaded down your sides, the thin material comfortingly soft against your skin and the sweatpants that pooled around your ankles; the hem kissed the floor.

         When you returned, Nishinoya was already underneath the fort he had built and his pillow setup was immaculately cozy looking. He looked up, away from the t.v., and smiled the second he saw you dressed in his clothes. Without mistaking it for anything else, his breath stalled for a brief moment as he was distracted by you. Both his heart and breathing were at irregular beats.

         Playfully, you gave him a twirl, holding up your arms, "I wear these better than you do," you teased.

         Nishinoya chuckled, still admiring you to the fullest, "Then you should keep them. You'd do them more of a service."

         "What," you lightly gasped, unsure if he was being serious. Nishinoya's eyes lacked their usual alighted dance of mischief and jokes— it was overtaken by just how smitten he was to be in your presence.

          He nodded, agreeing with himself, "You should definitely keep them and wear the shirt to one of my games. I'd find you instantly if you did that."

         Startled by his unbashful suggestion, you couldn't form a response that lingered on the tip of your tongue. Of course it would be a zealous yes on your part, but how to convey that in a way that didn't come off too eager was the tricky part. Though, you didn't have too much time to try. Nishinoya rushed out of the fort and took a hold of your wrist once again, pulling you to join him where he had been earlier.

         The two of you were laughing, toying with one another as you tried to break free but Nishinoya's coordination was better. He caught you off balance and pushed you onto the bed, torturing you with light tickling along your sides. Gasping, laughing, squirming for your life, you could feel your lungs begging for reprieve from his antics that oddly made you feel more at peace despite your thrashing around on the bed that threatened to undo all of his hard work just hours before.

         Tackled with your wrists pinned just above your head, it stopped. Nishinoya's face was just inches away from your own as he held you there. It was a new angle to view his smile from, one that set your peace ablaze in a passionate fluster. He smirked, "I win! But I'll let you have the prize of picking the first movie." He winked.

         Releasing you from his grasp, Nishinoya moved onto the bed beside you and reached for the remote, handing it to you. Despite the close proximity from earlier between the two of you, you still moved with caution to sit beside him on his bed. There was something you wanted to ask, "How'd you get the t.v. up here from your living room? It looks heavy, and the stairs..."

         "Ah," Nishinoya said nonchalantly, "my dad helped me move it up here before he left. Really makes a big difference if we're going to watch a movie. Otherwise we'd have to huddle around my laptop," he chuckled thinking about the alternative.

         You wouldn't have minded either, but the t.v. made it feel like an at home cinema. Using the remote, you flipped through various titles, not many caught your eye. By 'not many' you meant movies you thought Nishinoya would be interested in too. As a group, whenever the four of you would meet at the theatre to watch a new release, it was always a movie with lots of action and usually chosen by Tanaka or Nishinoya himself.

         Out of the corner of his eye, Nishinoya could see you pondering heavily over what to choose. On the screen, your slight hesitation over a romance title sealed the deal. "You can choose that one, I don't mind," he assured you, referencing the romance movie that caught your eye.

         You gave him a questioning glance, "Are you sure? We never watch movies like this when we go to the theatres with everyone."

         Nishinoya winked, holding a finger to his lips, "Shh— just don't tell Ryuu or Ennoshita."

         That little agreement made between the two of you, you chose the movie and sat back comfortably. To your surprise, Nishinoya was quite invested in it as well. He made a few comments here and there, paid attention, and didn't look bored at all, like how you feared he might be. Though, of course it went without saying, since it was Nishinoya he definitely teased you when you became emotional during certain parts of the movie. You sought your revenge in terms of popcorn, tossing a kernel at him.

         He was never one to take attacks lightly, the bowl had been returned to the table and an all out war was raged between the two of you once again. Fighting with pillows and gentle shoves here and there on the bed, laughter was mixed with cries for help and gasps for air. The bed was a warzone of messy sheets and askew pillows, much like your hair with its strands pulled loose and the tears that trickled down your cheeks from laughing so hard. No attention was being paid to the movie anymore.

          Out of breath, the two of you panted slightly and giggled breathlessly at the childish behavior that always seemed to come out when it was just both of you together; it was because being with one another was comfortable, safe. You toppled over onto your side, needing to lie down to catch your breath. You felt Nishinoya's hands slip just under your arms to pull you closer to him, resting your head on his lap. Not a word was said, it was just a peaceful coexistence listening to each other's deep exhales.

         Gently, Nishinoya placed a hand on top of your head. He fiddled with the tangled strands of your hair then softly brushed his thumb along your temple. The repeated motion began to lull you closer to sleep, fading in and out of consciousness.

         "Thank you."

         Barely audible, you heard Nishinoya whisper those words to you. You hum just to let him know you're still awake. He gave your head a pat, "Thank you," he repeated, this time a bit louder. "For everything and for being patient with me while we study. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have you beside me."

       "Maybe in a first year homeroom for the second time," you joked lightheartedly. It earned you a delicate flick to the forehead which you laughed off.

        "I mean it," Nishinoya said, "you're someone I really cherish knowing."

         You sat up, turning to look Nishinoya in the eyes as the movie illuminated the space behind you. His expression was soft, vulnerable, gentle, it was a look you can't recall ever seeing before. There it was again, the warmth in your chest that radiated from your heart to the tips of your fingers and rushed in your ears. You led with adrenaline, rationality took a backseat as you reached to place your hand over his just above the blanket. "I'm really grateful to know you Nishinoya. My life would be extremely boring if you weren't in it."

         "Let me guess, studying for hours and no breaks," he gasped saractically.

         You rolled your eyes and gave his hand a soft slap. "There would also be less teasing!"

         "But I like to tease you," he pouted.

         "And I like you."

         "I know."

          The world stilled around you for two reasons. The first being the confession that slipped all too easily from your lips without thinking, and the second was Nishinoya's quick response that wasted no time. He knew, but for how long, you panicked.

         He smiled, glancing down to find your hand on the bed, intertwining his fingers with yours, "And I like you too. You're cute, practically the library's ghost, and you never say no to an adventure. I find all those things about you and more to be adorable. You're also not embarrassed to cheer really loudly for me at games. I definitely play better when you're there supporting me."

         From inactivity, the t.v. had turned off, letting the room be illuminated only by the sleepy Christmas lights that slowly blinked with a rhythmic pattern. Your features were softly highlighted by their light and Nishinoya couldn't look away. It was a gentle moment between the two of you and one that quieted the raging turmoil of uncertainty should he not feel the same way about you; it was liberating. A great deal of weight had been lifted from your shoulders as you smiled, casting your gaze to your hands interlaced together.

         With a light pull, Nishinoya brought you to his chest. Your head rested against his heart and you listened attentively to the sound against your ear, it was quick. He was just as nervous as you were even if it didn't show on his face. Wrapping your arms around his torso, you snuggled in closer to him. Nishinoya put his arm around you and held you dearly in the hushed quiet of the night. Entangled together, it was a serene bliss.

         "You know," Nishinoya whispered, his voice low to not break the ambience, "what if you came to the next game as someone else?"

         "Hmm?" humming against his chest, you thought about his words that didn't make sense to you in the slightest.

         He brought a hand to brush the hairs out of your face, glancing down at you fondly in his embrace, "What if you came as my girlfriend? Your uniform would be the shirt you're wearing."

         Your eyes widened slightly, looking up at him. "Is this a pickup line?" you asked the obvious.

         Nishinoya flicked your forehead causing you to shake your head. "Gosh for the amount of books you read, you're awfully slow."

         The two of you shared a laugh, mostly because of your dumb question. You buried your face in his chest, shielding yourself from further embarrassment as you tried to pull yourself together. When the laughter died, Nishinoya's hand tenderly caressed the back of your head, "I still didn't get my answer," he whispered in a hushed voice once again knowing you'd hear it clearly.

         You took a deep breath, a negative sign from Nishinya's standpoint. He began to worry slightly that you might reject him. In reality, you needed one more moment to build up the courage to do something you always wanted to do. The moment Nishinoya stopped stroking the back of your head, you grabbed a fistful of his shirt and pulled him down so your lips could meet his.

         It was a bold move but executed in the shyest of fashion with your lips brushing against his briefly before you pulled away. The initiation had already taken most of your courage, for the kiss to last longer than that was beyond your measure. Speechless, startled, flustered, Nishinoya could only gape at you with his lips parted slightly; he was desperately trying to replay the moment in his mind that ended all too quickly for him to enjoy it.

         You smiled sheepishly, "I'd say I was awfully fast with my reply."

         "Too fast," Nishinoya stuttered, his eyes on your lips. "You might need to repeat that, but this time slower."

         It was your turn to be sent into a frenzied state as the thought of repeating what you had just done sent butterflies fluttering in your stomach. The first time sapped all of your courage. But it was Nishinoya, he always found a way to make you feel safe with him. He held you just a bit tighter to him, putting a hand just under your jaw and tilted your chin up towards him. He waited for you to make the first move.

         Slowly but surely, the curves of your lips fit delicately against his and it was just like before. Only this time with enough passing seconds to savor the moment purely. It felt like your greatest curiosities had been answered and when you two parted, it still seemed all too soon. Your head fell to his shoulder as you rested against his side. He took your hand in his and traced small circles against the back of your palm; the peaceful atmosphere together finally pulled you into a deep sleep. Nishinoya was quick to follow, his head falling to the side to rest on top of yours.

         If more nights like this were in your future together, you didn't mind experiencing the unusual and spontaneous rollercoaster of life you knew Nishinoya would lead you on fearlessly. This moment, and the many more ahead, would be better than any movie the two of you could watch together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 103 27
Some Haikyuu one shots. There are mostly x readers, but when the mood strikes I'll make an x OC. The posting is going to be super fucking slow, but i...
781 35 11
[PAUSED, CURRENTLY FOCUSING ON MY OTHER STORY] Enjoy some Haikyuu!! one-shots + drabbles, mostly gender neutral. *All media used do not belong to me...
16.2K 316 20
A collection of Haikyuu characters x reader oneshots, imagines and stories for you - it's seems everyone is falling for (Y/n)~ -Fluff, angst, shorts...
77.4K 1K 25
A mixture of one-shots fluff and smut and a lot of love. Requests are open, inbox me or comment your requests and I'll tag you if possible! If it is...