forget

By 5secsmendes

"You won't forget me, right?" "No, I promise you" More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty

Twenty-Six

8.6K 230 33
By 5secsmendes

Over the next week, to say the least, my dad and I had more falling outs and fights than we have in our entire life.

I kept his keys on me twenty four seven, he kept his alcohol on him.

He always had girls over.

I avoided going home, trying to spend as much time at school as I could.

I talked to the guys daily through a groupchat, telling them everything was fine.

Because it would be fine.

He'll get over this phase soon.

Today I walked home, which was now daily habit.

I walked inside, seeing my dad on the couch with a girl.

I ignored.

"Holland." My Dad spoke, sounding almost sober, which is the only reason I looked.

"Eat something, you're losing weight." He spoke before sipping something out of a glass.

"I don't know how to cook" I spat to him.

"That's why we have cereal." He shot back to me as I entered my room.

I fell face first into my bed, laying there for a moment before I heard my phone ding.

Luke:
Friday night we're having a small barbecue and party, no alcohol. We'd love for you and your dad to come. We'll be playing volleyball, swimming and eating. Let me know if you can make it!

I didn't respond to it because I didn't know what to say back.

I knew I wanted to go, but I also knew my dad most likely wouldn't be sober, so it was probably best that I made up something to deny the offer.

But I would ask.

Around nine I decided that I was too hungry to wait until school, so I went downstairs, seeing my dad alone.

I silently went into the kitchen, trying to draw the least bit of attention possible.

But as I attempted making eggs, he entered, appearing to be sober.

"I wanted to apologize-" "apologies don't mean anything if you go and do the same thing all over again," I mumbled.

"I'm apologizing about hitting you that day" he spoke,

I froze.

"I should've never laid my hands on you and I knew that from the minute I did it-" "you're mean when you drink." I told him truthfully.

"I just- I feel so sad during the day when you're at school and that's the only way I can make it go away-" "therapy." I told him.

"Anything but drinking." I spoke.

"I'll work on it." He mumbled

"What can I do to make this up to you?" He asked, making it immediately pop into my mind.

"Drink all you want" I gave up on begging him to stop, since he seems to always do the opposite of what I ask.

"But Friday, you stay sober all day long. We're going to a small party as Luke's house-" "our doctors?" He seemed confused.

"Yes, our doctors," I spoke firmly, seeing him slowly nod.

"Deal" he extended his hand

"Don't break it"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.1K 1.7K 41
"so you're sending her to me, keeping in mind that she doesn't know me, because you want to travel for work?" "precisely!"
take it By A

Fanfiction

910K 16.1K 52
"Don't fucking touch her!" "You're never going to let her grow up and take it, will you?"
singled By A

Fanfiction

459K 9.3K 51
~sequel to doubled~ "I went from having a twin and a full- happy family to having fucking no one." "Who said you didn't have me?"
231K 4K 45
"I'm so sorry, it was unexpected. " "It wasn't, we just didn't want it to happen."