Faith | Akira Kurusu x OC | P...

By IIJakGalaxy222

(COMPLETED) Yuuen Morito is known as the "Big Sister" figure in the school. Friendly to everyone and member o... More

Faith I | Misunderstood Guide
Faith II | Drowsy Days
Faith III | Suspicious Cat
Faith I | Requesting Help
Faith I | Depressing Days
Faith III | Reconciliation
Faith III | Warm Coffee and Friendly Smiles
Faith III | Plummet into Despair
Faith IV | Acquired Information
Faith IV | Another Chance
Faith V | Top Priority
Faith V | Burning Determination
Faith VI | Promise
Faith VI | Phantom Thieves?
Faith VI | Unraveled Truth
Faith VI | Just a Little Crush
Faith VII | Affinity
Faith VIII | A Warm Cold
Faith ??? | A Gleam of Gold
Faith ??? | Feeling of Dread
Faith ??? | Guilt
Faith ??? | A Rotten Petal
EXTRA | Not So Bad Yourself
Faith VIII | Latent Feelings
Faith VII | Unflinching Kindness
Faith VIII | Never Alone
Faith XXX | Rage
Faith XXX | Eyes of the Depraved
EXTRA | Christmas Special
Faith XXX | Friend A
Faith XXX | Lunar
The Beginning | Akira's Story | Part 1
Eerie Silence | Akira's Story | Part 2
The End of the Beginning | Akira's Story | Part 3
Change of Pace | Akira's Story | Part 4
One and Only | Akira's Story | Part 5
Worthless | Akira's Story | Part 6
Faith XXX | Insurmountable Wall
Faith XXX | Unconditional Love
Faith XXX | Futile Resistance
Faith XXX | Family
Faith XXX | Follow My Heart
Faith VIII | Joyful Memories
Faith VIII | Locating Yuuen Pt. 1
Faith VIII | Locating Yuuen Pt. 2
Faith VIII | Locating Yuuen pt.3
Faith VIII | Just Before Daybreak
Faith VIII | Asphyxia pt. 1
Faith VIII | Asphyxia pt. 2
Faith IX | To Return Home
Faith IX | Desperation to Help
Faith IX | Unexpected Savior
Faith IX | Upcoming Despair
Faith IX | Doleful Memories
Faith IX | Risky Bait
Faith IX | Unchained Resolve
Faith IX | A Lost Light
Faith IX | Yuuen pt. 2
Faith IX | Promises Kept
Faith IX | Awkward Silence
Faith X | Our Bond
Faith X | Epilogue
SEQUEL IS OUT!

Faith IX | Yuuen pt. 1

3.4K 82 78
By IIJakGalaxy222

-=-

We believe Greed is the root of all evil. By that logic, the opposite of greed must be the root of all good.

But an unparalleled sense of self-sacrifice is nothing but the other end of the same stick.

-=-

"You know how I know?" He sneered at the petrified girl, "Because not once in the 9 days you were here, did you ever even try to escape."

There was silence after that.

Every fiber in Yuuen's being screamed to deny that, 'She did try to escape! It was just that she was chained up! And there didn't seem to be any exits!' She told herself.

The truth is, she never even looked.

A part of her screamed to find some sort of response, some answer that she could convince herself that is wasn't true.

But deep down she knew there was no denying it.

Because even though she wanted to see Akira and the others again, she was never actually serious about escaping here.

That was the harsh truth.

"Don't look so grim, Princess. You've always been an obedient girl, that's why I didn't have to worry once I unchained you." Taiga smiled sadistically, squatting down in front of the girl. "You'd do whatever people wanted of you, obedient like the little dog you always were."

'He's right...' Yuuen bit her lip, at a loss for words.

She's always done what others wanted, said what they wanted to hear, and done what they'd like to see her do.

She joined the Student Council simply because it would make her father happy, Makoto being there was just an added bonus. She feigned ignorant to Kamoshida's crimes because she didn't want to draw negative attention. She stayed silent against her father's drinking obsession because she didn't want him to get mad at her.

She'd originally thought sucking up to everyone would make people like her and although it boosted her reputation, it left her alone.

People either thought she was too good for them or realized how fake she really was.

People like Ryuji, who noticed immediately her bullshit facade that she'd put up in front of everyone, hating her just like all the other fake students in the school.

But that all changed when someone else walked into her life, someone besides Makoto.

'Akira...' Yuuen glanced at his exhausted form, sprawled out of the ground breathless despite his determined eyes.

For the first time, she didn't have to pretend to be someone she wasn't.

His already terrible reputation wouldn't make a difference if he said anything negative about her, it would just make his reputation plummet further instead.

So she tried to do something more like herself.

But instead of the annoyance and anger, she was expecting from him, she got a completely different response.

He actually seemed to like being around her.

She wouldn't always be the perfect person, kicking him in the shins, dragging him around to blackmail him into buying her coffee, nagging him for when he did stupid things, but he never got upset with her.

Granted at first she just talked to him because she felt bad for his terrible reputation and circumstance, but that quickly changed as they began to talk more and more.

For once in her life, she had personality and was beginning to finally be 'Yuuen' again. Not the fake 'Happy-go-lucky little miss perfect' everyone always wanted from her.

And with him, she soon was introduced to new friends, all of which seemed to genuinely like her for herself.

Even Ryuji, who previously hated her, began opening up to her as she realized he wasn't the delinquent people made him out to be.

Ann, Makoto, Shiho, Ryuji... all of them appreciate Yuuen for being her.

And Akira most of all...

Which is why she appreciates them more than anything.

"Look around, Yuuen. Your comrades are worn down, that monster-friend of yours can't protect you anymore." Taiga commented as Yuuen finally realized how dire the circumstances were.

Ryuji and Fox were borderline passed out, Ryuji seeming to be fading in and out of consciousness.

Makoto was badly injured, leaning against a pile of rubble in pain as she held her damaged arm.

Ann was slammed into a pillar and could barely stand.

And Mona and Joker no longer had any more energy left to fight.

"You can't win, It's time to give up this little gimmick of your's and just give up." He said sadly a frown adorned on his face. "I don't want to hurt you, so just give up peacefully and I'll let your friends go."

Yuuen paused.

He would let her friends go free.

They would be safe.

He would be satisfied.

They could be happy without her.

But why... why couldn't she be happy with that?

Her friends could be safe, they could get away peacefully.

But the selfish part of her didn't want to accept that.

'You've always been an obedient girl, that's why I didn't have to worry once I unchained you.'

She bit her lip.

"Make your decision, Yuuen." He harshened his gaze as he held his hand out to her.

Soon an exhausted but determined voice rang her out of her thoughts.

"Don't give in to him, Yuuen!" Akira pleaded, forcing himself to push his limp body up slightly as he yelled with all his remaining energy.

He had to make sure she heard, no matter how distracted she was.

"A-Akira..." She mumbled, looking back at the tired boy and interlocking eyes.

His eyes seemed to speak what his words could not, the ability to fight back, resist, courage, all of those emotions seemed to be flowing from him and into Yuuen herself.

Those eyes looked familiar...

She smiled a bit, 'Mom must have felt the same way I had when I encouraged her as well...' She realized.

"Yuuen." Taiga reminded her once more, snapping her thoughts back to the man in front of her. "Stop stalling, I won't hold up my end of the agreement if you don't make up your mind soon."

"No..." She clenched her fists rejecting his open hand.

Taiga's jaw clenched, "What did you say?" His voice rose as fury began to seep through his clenched teeth.

"I said no!" Yuuen snapped slapping his hand away before glaring into his eyes. "I'm tired of always doing what everyone tells me! It's time to do what I want to do for a change!"

Soon her head began to throb as her body seared in pain,

'What is this?!' Yuuen panicked, holding his head in distress as she whimpered a bit.

"So, you've finally stopped adhering to societies' rules?" A familiar voice rang in her ears.

"Grrugh!" She groaned in pain as the voice began to get louder.

"It's about time you finally stopped letting people step all over you. Stand up! And don't give in to his distorted desires!"

She groaned as she slowly rose to her feet, holding her head in pain as this being began to take her over.

"I am thou, thou art I..."

"Let us form a contract, and unify our goals."

"It's time to finally stop giving in to other's ways and stand up for yourself."

"I.... hear you..." She mumbled feeling a rush of power and adrenaline fill her veins as a black metal mask covered her face. "Petrosinella!" She screamed, ripping off her mask, filling the room with blue fire.

"A persona?!" Mona screamed as he was yet again, almost blown away by the massive force of wind the awakening provoked.

"Yuuen..." Akira said in awe as the fire died down, a figure emerging from the flames.

Her hair was down as her eyes gleamed a resilient yellow.

Unlike her simple white dress, she was adorned in what seemed to be more like a black and grey knight's outfit. Instead of a helmet though, only a silver broken tiara was adorned on her head.

Joker's eyes widened, 'I've seen her before...' He realized.

"You-... How dare you?!" Taiga screamed before he was sent flying back into a pillar, it cracking a bit at the impact.

"That one was a little revenge for Takamaki-san..." Yuuen smiled, her posture oozing with confidence, something somewhat new foreign to the girl.

"Nice sword, you got there," She chuckled, seeing his large broad sword on the ground, several feet away as it flew out of his hands.

"Mine's better." She smirked.

It was then Joker realized the gleaming blue broad sword Yuuen was holding in her hand.

"It's massive!" Makoto exclaimed in awe, clutching her stomach in pain as she was still severely injured.

"Is... that her persona?!" Mona exclaimed in shock as Yuuen just gave a confident smile.

"I'm not going to sit still and live a life everyone else decides for me. It's time for me to decide for myself, and choose how to live my life!"

"I'm not some princess you can lock in a tower for safekeeping." She glared as Taiga just looked at her in anger.

"I won't let you control me anymore!"

-=-=-=-=-

PROTIP: Petrosinella is the original version of the story of Rapunzel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375 13 11
A young lady left her country and meets the Phantom Thieves inside Mementos making her to wonder why they are here really. She falls for two of the m...
10.6K 173 29
This story is now discontinued, I have done a Persona 5 Royal fanfic called, Persona 5 Royal ~ True Power of the Trickster, and I am writing for that...
42 0 20
The fourth part of my "Persona 5" fan fiction series titled "The Phantom Thieves of Hearts." I will try my best to post new chapters every Wednesday...
107K 948 57
I loved Persona 5 so much I decided to write some one shots for it. I wrote everything from romance, friendship, multi parters and even holiday & bir...