Faith II | Drowsy Days

(PROTIP: The name Yuuen is inspired by the name Y/N found in most fanfiction. Or at least that's how I keep pronouncing it)

-=-=-=-

"You kids look like you've been spoiled growing up before we start with learning society's rules, how bout' we start with the rules of being a decent human being." Ushimaru-sensei scolded us as he hardened his glare at the drowsy new-kid.

"Hey! New kid," He stated but the boy was too lost in thought to realize the teacher called on him for the answer.

Yuuen bit the inside of her cheek as she looked away.

Deciding to help the new kid out a little bit she kicked him in the calve making him shoot up in pain.

She added a little force to jolt him awake.

"The Greek philosopher, Plato, divided the soul into three parts; Soul, appetite and what is the third one?" Ushimaru-sensei asked making Yuuen tighten her fists in anticipation 'Not going easy on the newbie huh?'

'Oh well, I can't say I tried, better off getting one wrong than not being attentive enough to answer.'

"Logic." Akira stated simply earning a look of surprise, yet satisfaction on the man's face.

"Well, it looks like someone is keeping up with his studies." He praises as the class begins to mutter comments on how a delinquent like him could get that right.

Even Yuuen was a little shocked as she sat up straight with a look of surprise on her face.

Akira turned around slightly, not enough to grab anyone's attention other than Yuuen and mouthed a small 'Thanks' which she gave him a small peace sign before diverting his attention back to the lesson.

Akira sweatdropped a bit, he wasn't sure how he could manage in these classes without someone keeping him attentive.

He was so exhausted after going to the metaverse for the last 3 nights in a row to scout out Kamoshida's palace.

He barely slept all night, and the bags underneath his eyes were only getting darker.

Luckily, Yuuen's there to keep him on track, even if her version of "On Track" is physical abuse to one's calves.

-=-=-=-

"Alright, that about wraps up class for today, you're free to leave. Just don't forget to study for your exam next week." Ushimaru-sensei stated as the majority of the class rose and left their seats.

Akira had begun to head out of class when he was stopped by a certain auburn-eyed female.

"Kurusu-kun," Yuuen said following Akira out into the hallway.

"Hm?" Akira asked turning to face the worried bluenette female.

"You've been sleeping in class lately, and less attentive. That isn't like you, is everything ok?" She asked concerned as the black-haired boy leaned against the wall and rubbed his temple.

He knew it was only a matter of time before people began to notice the lack of sleep, he thought Sojiro would be the first, but he was always pretty bad at guessing these things.

Nevertheless, he couldn't make her worry so he brushed the bangs out of his face and looked at the bluenette with a gentle smile.

"I'm alright, just a little tired because I didn't sleep well last night." Akira smiled gently, even if it was a lie, it was better than having Yuuen find out about the Metaverse. He already made a mistake and had Ann find out if he isn't careful Yuuen will be the next to know.