Faith VIII | A Warm Cold

PROTIP:  Akira only got sick because he overworked his body with the Kamoshida incident. He was scolded from both Yuuen as well as his teammates about taking better care of his body.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The boy groaned as he rolled over once more, unwilling to lift his head from the covers.

He could already tell that it was already late morning yet he felt so tired and unwilling to get up.

"Kurusu! Wake up you lazy brat!" Sojiro scolded strutting up to the attic of his cafe to see the black-haired boy unmoving from his covers.

"It's already 11:30! I need you to work this weekend!" Sojiro hissed as the boy forced his body to sit up, feeling his head reel in the process.

"Coming..." Akira groaned his voice scratchy and deep as he held his head to ease the migraine he just developed.

Sojiro just watched with a scowl on his face as the boy put his feet on the ground and tried to stand up only to fall back onto the floor, dragging the blanket down with him.

His eyes widened as the boy fell and he immediately dropped his glare to help the uncoordinated boy.

"Kid! Are you ok? What's gotten into you?" Sojiro panicked slightly helping Akira up.

"I-I'm fine... it's just a headache." Akira groaned as Sojiro felt for his temperature.

"Goddamnit, of course, you're fucking sick." Sojiro sighed as Akira raised his brow, "Your forehead is burning up."

"Go back to bed, I'll get you some ibuprofen." Sojiro sighed not willing to put up a tough guy act for a sick Akira.

"B-but... I'm not sick. It's just a migraine, I can work." Akira said forcing himself to stand up with the help of his bed.

"Like hell, you can. Go back to bed or you'll get my customers sick too." Sojiro glared making Akira sit down on his bed, knowing not to disobey Sojiro when he is given that face. "Then I'll really have no business.

"If you say so." Akira sighed laying back down on his bed feeling his migraine ease a bit.

"I'll be right back, just lay down for a bit." Sojiro said walking down the stairs.

Akira wanted to wait until Sojiro came back with ibuprofen before falling back to sleep, but between his splitting migraine and how nice his pillow felt in the moment, he could barely keep his eyes open.

It wasn't long until he dozed off, passing out on his bed without covers or anything.

-=-=-=-

Akira groaned as he felt something cold touch his forehead.

It felt nice, instantly soothing the headache that the boy had.

He forced his eyes open and tilted his head to see who was there, only to jolt up in shock.

"Yuuen?! What are you doing here?" Akira sat up making his head reel in the process.

"Jeez! Don't do that! You're going to make your headache worse!" Yuuen lectured pushing him back down onto the bed. "Sojiro told me you were sick so I got some stuff and came over." She explained wringing out the cloth that was thrown onto the floor and dipping it back into a cold water basin before placing it back onto his head.

"You're the only one here?" Akira said but his throat was scratchy and sore.

"As if! We're here too!" A voice said as Akira looked over to the couch to notice both Ryuji and Ann.