I Promise {Jemi}

By holyjemi

Joe and his family just moved across the country for his father's new job. Demi is the girl across the street... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 14

996 25 6
By holyjemi

Demi

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. My alarm clock rang telling me it was time for school. I pulled the covers over my face not ready to go. At least school would be done in a couple days and I'll finally be done with my junior year! I let out a groan and hit the snooze button of my alarm clock. I sat up on my bed rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms. I finally got out of bed and got ready for school. I decided on wearing a simple blue tank top and shorts with some sandals. I got my bag and phone and went downstairs. I suddenly got a text from Joe. A smile then grew on my face

Morning beautiful :) I'm coming by your house in 5 minutes see ya then!

My heart fluttered when he called me beautiful. I couldn't stop smiling after that. He's perfect. I went in the kitchen and grabbed a small apple. I was half way through when the doorbell then rang. I threw the rest away and ran out the kitchen. I checked on myself one more time in the mirror before opening the door and there stood Joe. He was wearing his glasses today which made him look even more adorable and cute.

"Hey, I'll just tell my parents I'm leaving." I told him and ran to the dining room.

"I'm off to school bye mom bye dad." I gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Demi have a great day." My mom said. I knew my day would get better because of Joe. I ran back to the door, grabbed my stuff, and went out. We walked out of the driveway when he grabbed my hand in his. Intertwining our fingers. A smile crept on my face.

"So almost done with the school year, are you excited?" Joe asked me.

"Yes! I've been waiting for this day since it started." Joe chuckled at my response.

"What are you gonna do for the summer then?" He asked while we were outside of the school.

"Not sure. I don't think I'm going anywhere. What about you?" I asked him. We were walking in the school and I noticed people staring and whispering. I caught a couple glares and scoffs from other people. I also noticed Carly and her friends giving me glares and whispering to one another. I looked down.

"Probably just hang out with my family and hopefully you." He said to me. I smiled once again while I opened my locker and grabbed my book for our first class.

"Well we'll have to see about that." I smirked at him. We walked to our first class and since it was near the end of the year we didn't have to do much except turn in our books. I sat in my corner while Joe sat next to me. The final bell rang as everyone was taking their seats.

"Morning class. Today we will be turning in our textbooks so if you left them in your locker, go and get it and walk to the library." We got up from our seats and I had my book in hand.

"Oh shoot I left my book in my locker I'll meet you at the library okay?" Joe said. I nodded and he ran off to his locker. I was alone once again. Without Joe I felt unsafe and scared. He would protect me from people like Carly. With just my luck Carly and her friends then came up to me.

"So you and Joe are a couple now I see. What did you do to get him?" Carly and her friends snickered. I rolled my eyes at them.

"Nothing. He likes me for me." The moment I said it I instantly regretted even talking.

"Oh please why would anyone like you. You're ugly and fat." One of Carly's friends said to me. The words she just said hit me like a ton of bricks. Tears were starting to form in my eyes. I couldn't let them see me cry or they'll laugh at me.

"She probably payed him and asked him to sleep with her." All the girls laughed.

I wanted to burst out into tears then and now. Hurt with every word they said to me and their comments. They walked away and tears were falling down my face. I quickly wiped them with the back of my hand. I returned my book and went in my own area while everyone else was with their friends. Carly and her friends kept snickering and giggling at me. A few tears kept coming out. Soon I felt someones arm around my shoulder. He smiled at me but it disappeared quickly when he saw the tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong beautiful?" Joe looked at me concerned. He wiped the remaining tears from my face.

"It's nothing don't worry about it." I sniffled and gave him a weak smile.

"Demi, I know something's wrong just tell me." He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and lightly brushed my cheek with his thumb.

"It's Carly and her friends. They called me fat and ugly and they thought I payed you to sleep with me and payed you to be my boyfriend." By now I was sobbing barely getting out what I said. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I looked at Joe and he was mad. His face was red and his eyes fired with anger. He gave me a tight a hug and responded back to me.

"Don't listen to them Demi. You're not fat or ugly. You are the prettiest girl I ever layed my eyes on. I'm gonna go give them a piece of my mind." Joe still angry walked up to them. I wanted to stop him, but it was already too late.

Joe

I was furious after what Demi told me. How could anyone say such a thing to her? I walked up to Carly and her friends laughing. The laughter and smiles died down when I walked to them.

"Oh hey Joe. Finally got tired of that slut?" Carly said coming closer to me smiling at me in a flirty way. She tried grabbing my arm but I stepped back and was filled with anger that was ready to be released.

"What's your problem Carly? Why do you always have to call Demi names and give her such a hard time? She hasn't done shit to you and yet you and your friends have to bully her? I can't believe you would even say she payed me to sleep with her. It's not even true. I love Demi because she's funny, kind, beautiful, and so much more. You're just rude, heartless, and a bully. So why don't you just leave her alone and stop saying rude things about her." My words were laced with hatred and anger right now. She looked at me a bit hurt and her friends looked at me with their mouths open. I could see small tears forming in her eyes. She stormed off with her friends following behind. Relieved and happy I smiled to myself. I walked back to Demi and she stared at me in shock. Her mouth slightly open.

"No one has ever done that for me before. I've been scared to stand up to Carly and her friends for years. Thank you Joe." She hugged me tightly. Her tears were starting to stain my shirt a bit. I released from our hug and looked her in the eyes. They were puffy and red.

"I would never let anyone hurt you Demi. You know I'll always be here for you." I kissed her forehead lightly. With that we started walking back to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The final bell rang and I was thrilled school was over! I walked over to Demi's locker. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Ready to go?" I asked her giving her my hand. She took it and we walked out of the school.

"So have you told your parents about us yet?" She asked me nervously. Was she afraid my parents won't like her?

"Well my mom knows and she's fine with it. She's actually happy for me." Demi smiled when I told her.

"Did you tell your parents yet?" I asked her curiously.

"Well Dallas knows but my parents don't know yet." She said. "When do you think we should tell them?" She asked me. She seemed nervous with the look she gave me.

"Why not now? Are they home?" She tensed up. Did she not want her parents to know about us? Or was she just scared of their reactions?

"Um maybe. It's just I'm scared to what they have to say. If they'll accept us or not." She said looking a bit sad and worried.

"It will be okay Demi. If they won't accept us I'll fight for us because nothing will stop me from being with you." I smiled down at her and wrapped my arm around her. She smiled back at me. We got to her house and she opened the door.

"Mom.. Dad? Are you home?" Demi shouted from the door. I closed the door behind me.

"In the dining room." Her mother shouted back. I saw the look in her eyes. She was scared. I rubbed her back in small circles.

"It's gonna be okay don't worry." I looked down giving her a reassuring smile. We walked into the dining room. Her mom was reading a magazine and her dad was doing some papers.

"Oh hi Joe I didn't know you came with Demi. Would you like anything to drink or eat?" Her mom said giving me a warm smile. She started walking to the kitchen.

"No that's okay Mrs. DeLaGarza but thank you." I told her. Her father looked up from his work and stared at me.

"Joe nice to see you again how have you been?" Her dad said with a serious look on his face. He was standing up towering over me putting out his hand for me to shake. Now I was getting nervous.

"I've been doing great sir what about you?" I said firmly shaking his hand.

"Great." He said and sat back down.

"Mom Dad I have something I need to tell you guys." Demi said. We sat down across from her parents. They looked at us seriously. Demi's legs started shaking. She seemed more nervous than I thought. I put my hand on her leg and gently stroked it hoping it would calm her down. It did. She put her hand on top of mine and kept it there.

"What is it Demi?" Her mom seemed concerned.

"Joe and I... are dating. And I'm happy with him." She said shakily until the last part. She gave them a smile. Her parents looked at eachother for a while and eyed me for a second. After what seemed like forever, they finally spoke up.

"Well Demi, if you're happy then so are we." Demi screeched and jumped up from her seat and gave me a hug I hugged her back just as tight.

"Joe may I talk to you in the living room for a second?" Her father asked. I gulped and was now more terrified than before.

"Yes I'll be right there sir." I released Demi's hand and followed him to the living room so the ladies couldn't hear us.

"Joe, you seem like a nice man and my daughter usually has trouble making friends and has had a tough time with relationships. Especially her last one. So please, don't break her heart. I trust you with her Joe." Her father said to me. Her last relationship? I needed to ask Demi what happened about that.

"I promise Mr. DeLaGarza I would protect her and keep her safe. I would never hurt her in any way I swear." He looked at me and smiled.

"You're a good man Joe and please call me Eddie." He smiled patted my back. I smiled to myself. I would never hurt Demi and I'm glad her parents said yes.

Demi

Joe and my dad walked out of the room and I was left with my mom. We sat there for a bit before she spoke up.

"So you're happy with him." she asked.

"Yes mom I am. I really am." I smiled back at her. She smiled back.

"As long as he makes you happy. He seems like a good guy."

"Yeah he is mom. He's so sweet and nice. I know he would always protect me." 

"I'm glad to hear that hopefully I can get to know him better."

"You will don't worry. He'll be stopping by more." I said. With that my dad and Joe came back.

"We'll be up in my room." I said grabbing Joe's hand.

"Okay, but leave the door unlocked." My mom said smirking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry it will be unlocked." Joe and I ran upstairs to my room and closed the door. We left the door unlocked for the sake of my parents and we sat on my bed. We went under my blankets as I scooched myself closer to him putting myself against his chest. The beat of his heart was soothing to hear. I fiddled with his fingers for a bit and spoke up.

"So how did the talk go with my dad?" I smirked at him.

"It went well. I think he's warming up to me." Joe said. I instantly smiled when I heard that. My dad approves.

"I'm really glad. He's not really... welcoming to the guys I date." He instantly smiled when he heard that. He seemed proud.

"Well then I guess this will all work out." He started playing with my hair.

"I guess it does." I leaned up to him kissing him on the lips. Everything seems to be working out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 887 40
Demi Lovato is homeless, living on the streets every day since her late teens. Joe Jonas comes from a rich family and finds her on the street, he w...
208K 5.1K 63
A story about two brothers, Joe and Nick Jonas and a girl, named Demi, who comes into their lives. Everyone wants to be somebody to someone.
23.4K 743 36
Demi and Joe Jonas just two regular people that cross path while Demi is going to college. Demi Lovato is a little stubborn girl that has trouble lov...
175K 2.5K 200
Demi and Joe are happily married and have two beautiful little girls. A new family member on the might be on the way. Cover made by @MyRevivalXO