Miss Brightside

By WhichWeasley_

"A mass murderer would be compelled to kill again if they escaped from prison, and Sirius Black hasn't. It ma... More

Prologue
Cast-Playlist-Aestetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 3

1K 35 12
By WhichWeasley_

   Addison Tyler stood outside the Portrait hole having a staring contest with the Fat Lady. Before her trip to the Room of Requirement, she had forgotten to ask one of the prefects for the password. Addison huffed as the Fat Lady began to sing while still maintaining eye contact. 

   "I don't know why you can't let me in. You've known me for three years," The Fat Lady continued to sing and ignore the young blonde. Addi threw her hands in the air and turned around to go to Professor Mcgonagall to try and get the password. As she turned around she smacked into something solid and fell to the ground. 

    "Dear Addikins, why are you on the ground," the amused voice of Fred Weasley floated into her ears. She opened her eyes to star up at the twins, who were both trying not to laugh. 

   "Shut up you tree," Addi grumbled. She was still lying on the ground because she couldn't find the motivation to get up.  George laughed loudly while Fred looked terribly offended.

  "She called you a tree, mate," George laughed while patting his brother on the shoulder.

   "We're the same height, you dolt," George stopped laughing and pouted at Fred. Addi smirked at the pair and pointed toward the the portrait hole.

   "Mind telling me the password. I seemed to have missed the announcement," Fred and George shared a mischievous smile before looking down at the girl on the floor.

   "I don't know, Georgie. She called us trees. Maybe we should just leave her till a prefect finds her," Fred smirked down at Addi and it made her heart flutter slightly. She didn't know why, but it felt weird. 

   "Come on, you guys love me too much to leave me out here." 

   "Some of us more than others, " George whispered to Fred who promptly hit him in the chest.

   "Shut up," George laughed at Fred's blushing face. 

   "What are you to whispering about up there. I don't know if you know, but these floors aren't comfortable. So, if you could help me out it would be very much appreciated," The twins sighed and both held out a hand for her to grab. She took it with a joyful smile. They hoisted her up and back onto her feet. Only to get picked up and thrown over a shoulder.

   "Hey! While am I being man-handled? This is betrayal at its finest," George laughed as Fred spun in a circle making Addi screech, "Freddie, if you drop me from this height I will surely die."

   "There you go again with the height jokes. I thought we were friends Addikins," Fred said while continuing to spin in circles. George said the password while Fred distracted Addi. The Fat Lady looked at Fred and Addi with a fond smile.

  "Ah, young love," obviously that statement caused George to snort. The portrait hole swung open and Fred quickly ran through it into the common room with George right after him. When they were in, Fred began to spin again, then quickly set her down. Addi held out her arms to steady herself before taking a step forward, only to begin falling sideways over the back of a sofa. She landed on the ground on the other side of the sofa in a sitting position. 

   Everyone in the common room watched as the twins cackled, and began to laugh as well. Addi took her wand out of her pocket before standing up. 

   "Aguamenti," everyone watched in shock as both Weasley's were drenched in water, before bursting into laughter. The brothers looked at each other then looked at the tiny caster, whose smile quickly slipped from her face as she saw the look in the their eyes. They had both pulled out their wands and pointed them at Addi, who let out a nervous laugh before booking it up the stairs to the girls dormitory. 

   "You can't run forever Addikins," she heard the twins yell from the bottom. Everyone in the common room was still laughing at the exchange. It already began to feel like a normal year at Hogwarts with the Weasley twins and Addison Tyler pranking each other. 

~~~

   Addison quickly entered her dorm and spotted her trunk next to her bed. She took out her pajamas and entered the bathroom. After changing, she stared into the mirror looking into the same chocolate brown eyes that her sister has, had. Her mother promised to owl her if she came home, but it was safe to say that Addison had already given up hope. Mickie told her that she went willingly with the man who took her, but that didn't make her feel better. If she went willingly wouldn't that mean that he would let her visit her family. It didn't make sense to Addi. she didn't think it ever would. 

    Upon exiting the bathroom she was met with an empty dorm as it was still pretty early in the evening. She pulled out a picture of her and her sister on Christmas. Her sister, Rose, was sixteen in the picture and Addi was ten. Addi was wearing a pair of red and black plaid pants with a black t-shirt, while Rose was wearing a matching pair of red and black plaid pants and a white tank top. The three were sleeping on their sofa with their christmas tree visible in the right corner of the picture. It was one of Addison's favorite memories. 

   Rose and herself were opening presents and drinking hot chocolate whilst their mother sat idly by on the phone. She had just opened her last present from Santa and was waiting for the others to be done so that she could give out her presents. It was kind of a like a tradition to give their gifts for each other last. jackie Tyler hung up the phone to admire her daughters, both so beautiful and full of joy. They both looked so much like their fathers. Once Rose was finished opening her presents from 'Santa' (she didn't really believe in Santa anymore, but still pretended for Addi), Jackie walked over to the two girls and handed them each a box to which the two tore into. Rose had received a new, pink phone, to which she practically tackled their mother to the ground in a hug. Addison had received a little make-up kit that she saw in the store and hinted about till Christmas.

   Rose then handed out her presents and the flopped onto Addi with a dramatic sigh. The girl had giggled and pushed Rose off of her and onto the floor. Rose had gifted Jackie with a new pair of earrings. Addison had tore the shiny red wrapping paper from the tiny box and carefully opened it. Inside was a beautiful Rose gold ring with a little rose on the front of it. She gasped and took the ring from the box before placing it on her tiny finger (it fit perfectly). 

   "Thanks Rosie! I love it!" Rose smiled at her sister before taking her sisters hand and looking at it.

   "I got it for you so that remember that I am always with you. I'll be going off to college in a few years, and I want you to know that, wherever I am, I love you," Jackie looked on with tears in her eyes as her girls hugged. Addison pulled away from the hug before reaching behind her to grab a small box that had Rose's name scribbled on it. She shyly handed her sister the box before looking at the floor. 

   "I got you this for the same reason," Rose smiled brightly at her before tearing the wrapping paper and opening the box. Rose gasped as the the necklace glinted in the sunlight streaming in through the window. It was a silver chain with a little daisy charm. Rose clipped the pendant around her neck before tackling her sister into a giant bear hug. The sisters snuggled together on the sofa and both of them fell asleep in no time. Jackie didn't realize she was crying until she saw a tear splash into her hot chocolate. She smiled at her girls before taking their picture and cleaning up the wrapping paper.

   Addison ran her fingers over the picture before tugging on the necklace around her neck. It was the very same necklace that she had gifted Rose on that Christmas morning. She remember how she came to be in possession of it like it was yesterday.

    Addi was sitting in her room it was the start of the summer holiday and she was scribbling out a letter to send back to Hermione when her sister's boyfriend Mickie knocked on her door. She threw down her pen and stood up and hugged him. He was like an older brother to her, always looking out for her and whatnot. She smiled as he hugged back, but it slipped off her face when she saw that he looked sad. 

   "What's wrong, Mick?" He looked at her and his eyes filled with tears. She had Rose's eyes. 

   "Rose, she's gone. I don't know if she's coming back," Addison looked up at Mickie as her lower lip shook, "She wanted me to give you this and tell you that she loves you, so much." 

    She let out a sob as he held up the necklace. Mickie immediately pulled her into a hug as she sobbed harder. Mickie felt her falling so he held onto her tighter and lowered her to the ground. he sat with her and they both cried. Soon her cries turned into light snores, so Mickie picked her up and set her in her bed before covering her up and kissing her forehead. He gently set the necklace on her dresser before quietly exiting the room. The next day when she found the necklace she unclipped it before slipping her ring onto the chain, and then she clipped it around her neck before whipping the tears that had slipped down her face. 

Addison gently set the picture next down on her bedside table before climbing under her comforter and slipping into darkness.

~~~

    The next morning, Addison was sat across from Dean Thomas in the dark, stuffy Divination classroom. Ron had called Harry as his partner upon entering which caused Harry to snort and Addi to laugh and waltz over to the empty spot across from Dean seeing as how Hermione was nowhere to be seen.

   "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. In this  room, you shall discover if you possess...the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, ww shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the Gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner Eye," Professor Trelawney's dramatics caused Dean to snort softly and Addison to put a hand over her mouth to hide her amused grin. Her face scrunched up in confusion when she saw Hermione sitting at Harry and Ron's table. She leaned towards Dean slightly before whispering to him.

   "Was she her when we came in?" While subtly pointing toward Hermione. Dean looked to where she was pointing before turning back to whisper to her.

   "I don't believe so," She nodded her head at him before turning her attention back to the front of the class. Professor Trelawney spun toward Neville.

   "You, boy! is your grandmother well?" Neville looked around before looking back at the professor. 

   "I-I think so," Professor Trelawney tilted her head before shaking it slightly. 

   "I wouldn't be so sure of that," Neville looked at her with wide eyes, "The first term will be devoted to the reading of tea leaves. If all goes well, we will proceed to palmistry, fire omens, and finally...the crystal ball," she then began to eye Parvati, "By the way, dear, beware a red-haired man." 

   Parvati eyed Ron wearily before edging her seat away from him slightly.

   "How is that helpful? There are millions of people with red hair," Addi whispered to Dean, who laughed quietly. Before he could respond, however, Professor Trelawney continued talking.  

   "Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout of Flu. I myself will lose my voice. And in late spring, one of our number will leave us forever," Everyone in the class exchanged uneasy glances. Except for Addison who, once again, leaned toward Dean to say something. 

   "I bet it will be Hermione," Dean glanced as her incredulously. 

   "You think your best friend is going to die?" Addi's face scrunched up in confusion. Obviously everyone else thought that Professor Trelawney meant someone was going to die. 

   "What? No! I think that Hermione will drop this class. She complained about coming to it all throughout breakfast," Dean raised his eyebrows before nodding as if it were begging to make sense to him. 

   "Well then. Shall we?" Professor Trelawney then explained to them that they would look into their partners teacup and attempt to tell their future using their textbooks as a guide. It was at this point that Dean leaned over toward Addison and said, in these exact words, that he was "the best fortune teller that she would ever be in the presence of". Of course, this caused the blonde to snort loudly, but hide it with a cough. 

The next like five minutes were spent trying to decipher shapes in Dean's cup. She was about to tell him that she had no idea what she was doing before Professor Trelawney yelped whilst throwing a teacup back onto the table. Addison didn't know how it didn't break, but was quickly pulled back into the conversation when Parvati asked what was wrong. 

   "My dear boy. You have...the grim," she stated while looking Harry directly in the eye. 

   "The Grin? what's the Grin?" Seamus spoke form the table next to Addi's. 

   "The Grim. Not the Grin, you idiot," Parvati snapped.

   "But what does it mean, Professor?" Dean spoke up from next to Addi.

   "The Grim," all eyes turned to Lavender Brown as she read from the textbook, "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen...of death."

   "Well that's nice," Addison said sarcastically. Couldn't they just go one year without their lives being threatened. Professor Trelawney cleared her throat awkwardly.

   "Please continue till the end of the hour," she choked out and then disappeared behind a curtain. Everyone was silent for a moment before everyone turned back to their partners. 

Dean took Addi's cup and examined it with narrowed eyes.

    "Well this box-looking thing means other-worldly travel, so that's kind of cool," Addi raised her eyebrows at Dean.

   "Is that the only thing you see in my cup, oh great fortune teller?" Addi's joke made Dean laugh but nod nonetheless. Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, "Show me."

   She moved her seat next to Dean and he held out the porcelain cup. Her chocolate eyes peered into the piece of china , only to discover that all the remnants of her tea leaves formed one single  shape: a box. 

Dean, whose was also peering into the cup, laughed slightly before pointing at it.

   "It looks like a Public Call Box,"

   "A what?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483 21 15
"Hello Harry, my name is Phoenix Black my twin is in your house" "Yes he is... so the two of you are Sirius Black kids ?" "Yes we are" "So you are th...
82.6K 3K 23
At the beginning of the school year in 1993 there was a storm. In that storm was a castle. In that castle were students. Among those students were Le...
3.6K 72 6
๐‘…๐‘’๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘ข๐‘  ๐ต๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘˜ ๐‘ฅ ๐น๐‘’๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ Y/n's family moved to England when she was little, and in desperate need of someone to talk to...
77.5K 2K 21
this was originally posted on AO3 (by me) but i thought maybe wattpad would like it as well!! "Hey! Watch where you're going, Black" James laughed...