Loved & Lost

By Books_by_TF

Loved- to have held a deep affection; cherished (someone) Lost- to no longer have (There are a few spelling a... More

Copyright ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพ
Cast list
Reversed time period
The Beginning
Babygirl
Babygirl ๐Ÿ’•pt.2
I dream in Indigo
MUA kinda shit๐Ÿ˜Ž
Me & My baby
Fantasy๐Ÿคค
Fantasy๐Ÿคค pt.2
Hello stranger๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿพ
Sunday Funday
Chill with me
Girls day Mishap
Halloween Nights
Aftermath
Play Date
Turkey Day
Date Night
First Born
Christmas Eve-Eve
Christmas Eve
Past and Present
Roll up๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒฟ
Runway
Birthday Bash
Moment
Pinky Promise
See Me
Questioning
Protection
Unknown Child?
Dance for you
Dead Ends
Stay with me
Youth center
Lightning & Thunder๐ŸŒฉ
Morning After
Damage Control
Young Love
Mother Dearest
Bet
Mixed emotions
My Girls
Engagement๐Ÿ’
Set up
3 years
New Beginnings
Grand opening
A plan in motion
Feelings buried
Shots Fired
Not so safe house
Reversed Time Period pt.2
Epilogue: Love Everlasting
Alternative Ending
Sequel???

Greetings

1.7K 71 42
By Books_by_TF

"Ugh I'm going to hurt you," I heard Indigo say as she fell down for the umpteenth time tonight and I laughed before helping her up.

"Not my fault you lost you lost rock, paper, scissors. You can't even cheat at that shit," I said still slightly laughing at her pouting face as I held her up in my arms.

We recently started off this system for who picks the date and what we do that day. We each wrote down a few things on colorful sticks and put them in a jar but first we do three rounds of rock, paper, scissors which determines who picks the date. It just so happened that I won this time and I ended up picking the roller rink as our date spot for tonight.

"How are you so good at this?," she asked as I help her balance herself out to skate with me.

"I use to work at one for a summer job when I was fifteen. I would skate on break and before I'd go home and once I got real good I started to teach myself how to dance with it."

"Was that your first job?"

"Nah not technically. My first was probably at twelve I used to cut grass and shit for the people in my neighborhood. What was your first job?"

"From the an early age my mom would make us model in her clothes and I use to love it so much and so did my sisters. Then eventually later on I got my first official job on a JCPenney's commercial."

"So how did you get into make up?"

"It was a hobby at first. I use to play around in my mom's make up and try to make my dolls have that full beat. I didn't really know the effect it had on people until I had volunteered at this nursing home and this one old woman was talking to her grand daughter about a date. Her grand daughter was freaking out and everything but I told her that I would help her get ready. Her grandma picked a nice dress and I did her make up. When we finished she was smiling so bright and she had like this new wave of confidence in fact she told me that the last time I saw her. It made me feel good that I could make someone else feel good about themselves and express the confidence that they truly have."

"I like that reason it shows that you just want people to see the best version of themselves," I said as she got the hang of skating to the point where we wasn't holding hands anymore. I was proud that she was getting the hang of it but my hand felt empty without hers in it.

"They already are the best version of themselves though. You don't need make up to see that to be honest but if it makes you feel good then I want that for that person."

"I'm so lucky," I said lowly but I think she heard me because I saw her smile.

"Yes you are and I think I got the hang of this. So you want to show me some moves in the meantime?"

"Sure," I said as the sound of Arin Ray's The get down," eyes on me."

I'll be yours, you'll be mine

Together we, we oh so fly

You take yours, I'll take mine

Let's have a drink to the best of nights

I patted my hand to my chest where my heart was before pointing to her seeing her smile. Then just started to move my body the way I knew how.

Cause I can't stand you dancing there

All alone, oh oooh

The vibe will take you anywhere you wanna go

I know

I pushed up on her moving my body slowly against her then backed away from her. Her eyes never leaving my body. I wanted to keep it that way.

Dance with me, feel the heat

Got to move your body, darling, hold hands with me

Dance with me, just feel the heat

Got to move your body, darling, hold hands with me

I glided backwards one foot before the other putting a lit more shoulder movement in it. I then spun around her before holding her hand. "Come on, dance with me."

"Un uh I just learned how to move in these."

"I got strength I won't let you fall."

"You goin quit quoting my men to me like I won't notice,"she said to me and I just laughed. Not my fault that I know her playlist shit some of the stuff she had up there, I already had on my playlist.

"Just trust me."

"Ok," she took my hand allowing me to show her what I could do.

I need to see you turn around, no pressure

But it seems like you been holding out

Not with the run around

I just need you showing out for me

I turned her to my body slowly so that I was gentle with her body. I was serious when I said that I wasn't going to let her fall. I turned her back to me to place my hands at her waist easing her forward but teaching her to sway with it a bit at the same time.

Cause I can't stand you dancing there

All alone, oh oooh

The vibe will take you anywhere you wanna go

I know

She eventually got the hang of it and I let her. She surprised me when she circled around me moving her body against me in the way I was doing to her earlier, her fingers moved up my neck flirtatiously and one placed under me chin turning my head to face her almost in a kiss and she shook her head and back away while my eyes followed hers.

Dance with me, feel the heat

Got to move your body, darling, hold hands with me

Dance with me, just feel the heat

Got to move your body, darling, hold hands with me

We both smiled and she skating back to me standing in place as I then took hold of her waist again and she wrapped her arms around my neck. She swayed for a good while then placed her leg on mine and I followed suit with lifting her up and spinning. She laughed for awhile until the music stopped and our eyes connected.

Every time our eyes met it felt familiar, safe, and like I couldn't pull away and every time we touched I felt like my body was on fire but not in a bad way but with need that if I let her go then I wouldn't feel that same flame again. I put her down steadying her and placed my hand on her cheek looking into her eyes for a second longer before kissing her.

I don't know why each kiss felt so warm and inviting at times I felt myself not being able to pull away. My mind was my worst enemy though as I felt myself detach my lips from hers. I looked into her eyes as she smiled and grabbed my hand continuing to skate.

"So we still haven't discussed you officially meeting my parents yet."

"Well I'm free whenever really just tell me when."

"How about tomorrow?," she said as she stood in front of me and I smirked.

"You was plotting on me," I said now with a full smile on my face but she just shook her head and returned the smile.

"No my mom felt bad about not meeting you the right way and wanted to make it up to you so she's inviting you to Sunday dinner with permission of my grandma since it's at her house and she wants to be nosey."

"I'm cool with that but are you sure that it will just be them and not no uncles that randomly pop up or anything."

"It's possible because my cousins might show up, will you be ok with that? Because I don't want to put you in a position that your uncomfortable in if it's too many people I just -," she started to ramble but I cut her off by giving her a kiss on the lips then one on her forehead.

"I'll be ok just relax," I said as I held her face and my hands and she placed her hands on top of mine breathing in and out until calming herself," you good?"

"Yeah I'm good."

"Just curious but have you told them anything about me?"

"Well my parents definitely know of you since our date and the first time we hung out together but I haven't told them much except that you make me happy."

"I do?"

"You do," she confirmed and I kissed her again until we was stopped by a voice clear it's throat. We looked to see a young boy probably about the age of eighteen looking at us.

"We're about to close so I advise y'all to start heading out," he said and I nodded guiding Indigo back to the place we got our skates from and put back on our shoes and went straight to my car and headed to my house.

On the way there we sat just in a comfortable silence not having much to say yet enjoying each other's presence. I could feel her eyes on me constantly peeking though so I decided to tease her.

"You know you don't have to just look right?"

"I know but I like looking at you."

"You and this staring problem goin get you in trouble."

"You ain't bout it."

"Ight bet."

" IgHt bEt," she said mocking me and I just laughed as I pulled up to my driveway next to her car. She got out and stood next to her driver side door and I went near her," I had a good time."

"I did too," I said before kissing her," drive home safe. Let me know when you're at home."

"Ok," she said before getting into her car and backing out of my driveway and away from my house. I watched as she drove off and headed into my house and went to sleep.

When I woke up I felt refreshed and ready to take on my day but at the same time nervous because I knew what was to come. I hopped up and quickly went into the shower. Once I got out I slipped on some clothes and practiced what I was going to say to each of her family members even more specifically her dad in the mirror.

"Waddup waddup they call me Zyanté Peterson but your daughter will be calling me zaddy," ok I done lost my damn mind. Let me stop playing real quick.

"Hi sir my name Zyanté Peterson. Your daughter's boo, baby, main squeeze all that," I shook my head at that. I sound stupid as fuck and like I'm trying to hard. Let's try this again.

"Hello my name Is Zyanté," I thought about it for awhile and shook my head. Nope too basic and how the fuck do I think I am if I think I don't need to state my last name.

"Ok let's try this one more time," I said as I straightened up my posture and stuck my hand out as if someone was supposed to shake it and smiled a little," Hi my name is Zyanté Peterson and I'm honored to have met your daughter," I nodded my head and smiled. Yeah that's the one.

As I practiced some more greetings I got an incoming FaceTime call from Kane. I was contemplating on answering it since I was still practicing but eventually decided to pick up.

"Nigga I should have hung up on your ass. Had me waiting like that. The fuck was you doing?" Kane asked all in the damn screen and I just mugged him a little bit then answered.

"Indigo wants me to meet the rest of her family and since I want to make a first impression I'm practicing what imma say."

"Mmcht practicing. Nigga what do you have to practice you literally friendly as shit for no damn reason at all. If they don't like you something wrong with them," he said as I saw him light up the blunt with a candle lighter.

"I guess."

"Nigga don't guess just know. You fire as fuck like deadass not on no gay shit though."

"You stupid," I said while laughing and he was as well until he started to cough because of the smoke then was good again.

"Look you'll be good. Hold on," he put out the blunt and his ash tray before grabbing a can of febreze and spraying it everywhere and rolled down the window," yes grandma."

"Boy is you smoking weed in my driveway?," I heard his grandma say.

"You said don't smoke in the house!"

"It is the Lord's day. You shouldn't be smoking at all."

"God made the earth didn't he? Therefore he made the plant that created weed. Can't blame me for what grows from the earth," I was weak hearing this whole thing continue on for a minute until the attention turned back to me.

"And who you on the phone with," she said peeking her head in Kane's window and into the call.

"Hey Grandma Neyta," I said making her smile.

"Oh hey baby. I was just getting ready to go to church. Would you like to join us?"

"I would love to," I said smiling at her and she held her hand to her cheek.

"Oh that smile. If only I was five years younger."

"Just five?," Kane said side eyeing her but she just popped him upside his head.

"Boy don't play me. I still turn heads. This that body that got your grandfather. Pow pow," she said getting out the window and he turned his camera to show me his grandma posing then turned back to him making a face while shaking his head,"now hurry up so we can go."

"Ight," he said to her before turning to me and relighting the blunt and took a long drag of it," love that lady but Imma finish this blunt first."

"Y'all gone be late."

"It's a black church that shit goin run at least most of the day if not all day ain't no such thing as being late because the service last forever."

"True."

"You want for me to pick you up or you goin drive?"

"Imma drive just send me the location."

"Ight and don't worry about that parent shit like forreal chill out."

"I'll try. Imma catch you later."

"Ight," he said before hanging up and looked at the message he sent to me with the address. I then got changed into some dress clothes and drove to the church.

Remember when Kane said that black church goes on forever so technically you're never late. I could have came eight hours later and this man still would be preaching.

We had been in the church for about maybe three to four hours in counting and I'm lucky I still got time before I have to meet her family.

"I'm five seconds away from walking out and leaving grandma here by herself. Y'all with me?," Kane said to me, Amia, Monaé and Dallas.

"Y'all not bout to get me in trouble with grandma but give or take another thirty minutes, I'm with ya," Monaé said as she situated Kemani on her lap. Dallas was next to her playing with Nova as Evara and Kalis was sleep leaning on each other. Monaé then leaned into Dallas to say something. While they talked Kemani started to mess with Dallas' tie and Nova messed with Monaé's necklace.

"And I'm on whatever time she's on," said Dallas. I'm calling it right now. If they aren't already in a relationship, they will be soon.

"I agree with her on waiting a little longer, ok?," I heard Amia say and Kane just nodded before giving her a kiss.

"I'll wait but seriously thirty minutes or I'm out."

After a good thirty five minutes, we was finally able to leave and Kane was the first one out and headed to his car but since he drove his grandma here he had to wait because she when off to talk to god knows who many people.

"Grandma I love you but I'm ready to go," I heard him say to her.

"One second I just got to talk to Deacon Philip about bible study on Wednesday."

"Grandma."

"Well fine I guess I'll just try to call him later," she said after seeing his mood shift," Zy baby you coming over for sunday dinner?"

"No thank you momma Neyta. I'm going to see my girl's parents later for dinner also before that I'm trying to make something before I go because I learned to never show up empty handed on a first impression meeting," I said.

"Well you're a nice young man and I'm sure whoever this girl is lucky to have you."

"Thank you," I said giving her a smile.

"Lord just five years," she said and I laughed before giving her a hug and saying I'd see her later.

When I got home, took my clothes off for church and slipped back into what I had on earlier in order to make this cake. Once I put the layers of cake in the oven I then sat down and waited until I saw a message pop up on my screen from my girl.

My Butterfly😍🦋: hey baby I just wanted to let you know that I'm omw to my grandma and pops house, did I ever send u the addy?

Me🤤😜💦: hey butterfly😘 and no

My Butterfly😍🦋: well it's 2417 Glassman blvd

Me🤤😜💦: gotchu

My Butterfly😍🦋: u nervous

Me🤤😜💦: I'm shittin bricks rn😂like I ain't been this nervous in awhile

My Butterfly😍🦋: well when u get there just hold my hand and when u start to get nervous just tap ur thumb against the space of the thumb and index finger

Me🤤😜💦: thank u

My Butterfly😍🦋: np😊text me when ur otw

Me🤤😜💦: ok see u l8r

My Butterfly😍🦋: see u😘

I smiled at her message before going back to waiting on these cakes. It took a good minute but they was finally ready to be taken out. Was the were, I waited for them to cool before layering it and then icing it with chocolate. I then topped it off with raspberries and put it in a cake tin. I then laid out the wine I was bringing with it then went to take off these clothes and put them in my hamper and change back into the clothes I had on earlier for church after ironing them.

Me🤤😜💦: im otw

My Butterfly😍🦋: ok😘

It took my about forty five minutes to get there and when I was arrived I was stunned at the sight. I knew my girl's family was rich but just seeing it is truly unbelievable.

As I walked further to the door I saw not one but to familiar faces. One was of my girl and the other one was of Mrs. Howards. I give my girl a kiss before returning my attention to Mrs. Howards.

"Mrs. Howards," I say give her a side hug trying not to drop the cake and the wine.

"I see I didn't have to introduce you to one of my granddaughters after all."

"You two know each other?," Indigo asked and we just nodded and she answered before I could.

"He was at the youth center one day and I challenged him to a cook off. While we waited for the results we talked a little bit and I was trying to set him up with one of y'all but he said he had a girl but never said her name so I didn't know that it was you. Chile the lord definitely works in mysterious ways."

"That he does," I heard Indigo say back to her.

"You brought all this for us?,"Mrs. Howards asked me gesturing to the cake and the wine and I smiled.

"Wanted to make a good impression."

"Well I met you already and think you are a wonderful young man and you can cook so this is definitely going in the kitchen," she said as I gave her the cake and followed behind her to the kitchen. No one was really in here except a brown skinned man who she gave a kiss on the lips to so I'm guessing that's her husband and Indigo's mother who looked to be making collard greens.

"Zyanté this is my husband Romelo Howards and I don't know if you met my daughter yet, Trae'ona Loves," Mrs. Howards said and I shook her husband's hand then he went back to giving all his attention to his wife and since I felt like I was intruding on a private moment, I focused my attention elsewhere.

"Hello Mrs.Loves."

"Hello Zyanté it's nice to see you again, you nervous?"

"Little bit."

"Just breath in and out. It's just a dinner. You are here just so that we can get to know not judge you, ok?"

"Ok."

"Now the food's going to be done in a minute so go with Indigo and just mingle."

"Ok," I said again and Indigo grasped onto my hand and leaded me down the hallway to a room. It opened to a room it that held her sisters and three other people. Her sisters was talking to some girl while two other boys was playing mortal kombat.

"Zy you've already met my sister and this is my cousin Deyjah."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Zyanté," I said shaking the girl's hand and she shook it back.

"I'm Deyjah and those two over there are my brothers Khaleel and Devion," once she said that they both paused the game before turning there attention to me with hardened stares but I wasn't intimidated.

"Who this?," the one lightskin one asked.

"My boyfriend Zyanté," Indigo said smiling at me and I smiled back.

"Hmm welp playa I'm Devion and this loser right here is my brother Khaleel."

"What's good?," I heard Khaleel say.

"You any good at this?," Devion asked referring to the game and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm ok."

"You playing next. See what you about," he said before returning back to the game. It took not only a few minutes before he killed Khaleel's character and I was up next. I don't play a lot when it comes to these games but I can admit that I'm not an easy kill when I do.

It was looking like neither was he as we played but I somehow still found a way and one. As we continued to play match after match, I heard my baby tell us that dinner was ready and we finished up the last match then got up to go.

"Respect," he said as he dapped me up and so did Khaleel," you ain't that bad so you earn that from me," Devion said before exiting the room leaving me and Indigo.

She straightened out my shirt with her hands then looked into my eyes," you ready?"

"I am."

"Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233 14 12
He's my shooter and I'm his target Sorry I'm not good at descriptions but pls read *mature scenes and language* โ€ข I don't own any of the photos I pu...
135K 5.3K 31
๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ . - แด›ส€แด€แด˜แด˜แด€sแด›แด€ส€แดข ยฉ แด€แดœษขแดœsแด› 2021 #1 / blackpeople
63.3K 4K 56
They both have a traumatic past that haunts them but together they find the will to live.