Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

GrimstoneRX1300 tarafından

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... Daha Fazla

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)

536 6 1
GrimstoneRX1300 tarafından

Before we get to the second rescue mission, the scene shows Even and Demyx in Radiant Garden. After the recent double crossing, Even took Ansem the Wise to a secret location until he could bring him back to the castle. He was also needed to retrieve something from the Organization, and needed some help. He explained the plan to Demyx, and he was surprised.

Demyx: WHAAA—?!

Even: (covers his mouth) quite, you dunce!

Demyx: (removes hand) but, dude, why would you pick me?

Even: I cannot let the chosen catch wind of this, understand?

Demyx: (offended) oh, I see! It's because I got benched!

Even: I got "benched" too!

Demyx: wha— (covers his mouth) hey! Quite!

Even: (calms down and clears his throat)

Demyx: okay, man, look. Real talk? Backstabbing those guys would be stupid. Especially sense one of them can kill us with a vibrating hand to the chest. If they find out, we are yesterday's toast. I mean, what's in it for me?

Even: (long pause) forgiveness.

Demyx: huh? For what?

Even: men like us—in pursuit of science, we sometimes make terrible mistakes. Lose sight of our mission to help people. But now I can help someone with my research. Now, I can atone.

Demyx: I'm not a scientist.

He turns to leave but Even grabs his shoulder.

Even: wait, wait, wait!

Demyx: (groans) c'mon, dude. I'm useless, I'm chicken, we're not friends. I can count the number of times you and I have hung out on one hand—less than one hand! I didn't even know you in the old life!

Even: (exacerbated) fine, fine! But listen.

He gestures him to come closer, and he whispers something in his ear. When he finished, Demyx was surprised.

Demyx: huh? No way!

Even: it's true. The whole thing was his idea.

Demyx: huh? No stinkin' way.

Even: he wants to atone too. But, he is one of the chosen, so his hands are tied. Hence my actions on his behalf, hence my need for you to act on my behalf should all go awry. As you said, we are far from friends. No one would ever suspect you.

Demyx: hmm... So I'm not doing any fighting?

Even: correct. And more importantly, no benchwarming.

Demyx: (excited) ha! Yeah baby! Sign me up. Yes! Demyx time.

Even just groans, but nonetheless is thankful for the help. Little did either of them knew, someone was watching from a far. Their presence was masked, so they weren't detected, but heard it all, and puts two and two together.

Azrael: (whisper in her coms) I've found our traitors. You're never gonna believe who they are.

*ANSEM'S LAB*

Ienzo was working on Ansem's research. It's been harder then they expected, and while they have been able to recover the data from the Twilight Town computer, they still couldn't access it to recreate hearts, or even bodies for the three nobodies.

Ienzo's Thoughts: we've managed to recover the data, but there's still more to find to recreating Roxas and Naminé's hearts. Still though, without a body. Unfortunately, bodies don't grow on trees. It's the backup plan or nothing now. But...the backup plan isn't a true solution.

???: finally. 'Bout time.

Surprised by the voice, Ienzo turns around to see Demyx walking out of a dark corridor, with something wrapped in a blanket over his shoulder.

Demyx: ooh. Nice place.

Ienzo: Demyx? Is that you?!

Demyx: hey, Zexion! Long time! (Sets object down) how's humanity treatin' ya? I rejoined the Nobodies, but like...I just can't shake the feeling I've been sweet-talked, y'know? We have sooo got to have a chat.

Ienzo: (confused) whoa, back up. What?

Demyx: oh! Sorry, sorry. I'm gettin' ahead of myself. I'm actually here on a top secret mission. Apparently I'm so off everyone's radar, that I'm just the guy to handle a special delivery. (Presents the corridor) Ta-daaaah!

From the corridor, was the last person Ienzo excepted to see. It was Ansem the Wise, still in the cloak, but the same man nonetheless.

Ienzo: Master Ansem!

Ansem the Wise: ah, well met, little Ienzo.

Dilan and Aeleus entered the lab when they heard all the commotion, and were surprised to see their former master alive. This was harder for Ienzo. Before the betrayal, Ansem took Ienzo when he was a child, and in a way, was a father-figure to him. And when he found out they were tricked, Ienzo felt disgusted with himself for believing Xehanort's lies.

Ienzo: (looking down) they told me you'd gone mad. That you abandoned us. I was just a boy, but I should've known better. I am truly, deeply sorry.

Ansem the Wise: (places hands on his shoulders) I think what matters is that you recognize the mistake. Peace, Ienzo. (Ienzo looks up) it was I who was consumed by hatred—who failed you in my obligations as your mentor. Forgive me.

Dlian and Aeleus felt the same way, but we're glad to see that their master had forgiven them. Demyx then breaks the silence.

Demyx: so uh...are we cool to get on with things here? (All turn to the wrapped object) got ya a present from Vexen. One was all he could manage for the time being, but hey, he figured you guys would know what to do with it.

Upon closer inspection of it, they saw that it was a body with a literal blank face and features. One would mistake this to be a mannequin, but it was in fact a replica.

Ienzo: a vessel!

Suddenly, alarms start flaring up, and warnings signs appeared on the computer screens.

Ansem the Wise: what is it?

Aeleus: (checks computer) a perimeter breach. Someone's hacking the castle!

Ienzo: who?

Dilan: not sure. (Checks systems) damn! The defenses are down.

Even: (static coms) Ienzo, can you read me!?

Ienzo: Even? Is that you?

Even: (static coms) yes, but I don't have much time. You need to get the replica to safety, and get out of the castle!

Dilan: we can't understand you. What is the problem?

Even: (static coms) they found out, and they sent them! Demyx, Cronos has brought his darknesses. Run, now!

Demyx: (scared) what?

Next thing they knew, the power goes out, and they briefly see a flash of red lightning entering the room before zooming out again. The emergency power kicks in, and everyone groans as they got up from the floor. They then see Demyx gone, Even's link gone dead, and the words "your endgame is coming" carved into the transporter.

Ienzo: what was that?

Ansem the Wise: a warning. Aeleus, help Ienzo get the systems back up. Dilan, take a few men and search the castle.

Everyone: yes sir!

Ansem the Wise's Thoughts: Xehanort, what have you unleashed?

*CASTLE OBLIVION*

With the team, they were walking with Aqua towards a familiar place. After rescuing her, Riku and Mickey were sent back to the tower to recover, and later on pick up Kairi and Axel from training. And, once she got some rest and food, Aqua was ready to get Ventus back. Arcturus, Sora, Donald and Goofy accompanied her as support incase something happened.

Arcturus: we should be approaching Castle Oblivion any moment.

Sora: thanks, Arc.

Goofy: you sure about this, Aqua?

Sora: Goofy's right. If you want, we can take you back to Master Yen Sid's tower to rest with Riku and the King?

Donald: uh-huh.

Aqua: thank you. But, Ven's expecting me. I promised to wake him. Said I'd be right back, but I'm not even close. I'm in for an earful.

Clara: we're here.

They looked up and saw Castle Oblivion, in its strange and mysterious glory. A couple years ago, Sora and the toons were led here by Marluxia, as part of an evil plan to overthrow Xemnas. And, because they were using Naminé's power over memories, they had nearly lost their true memories. They had defeated Marluxia and the other members here, except for Axel, and freed Naminé. However, in order to restore their original memories, they had to go into a year long sleep for Naminé to reverse the damage, erasing their knowledge of this place.

Arcturus: so, this is where he's been? Smart to hide him here.

Sora: why's that?

Clara: we don't know how this place does it, but time doesn't exist here. This world is in a stasis between realms, that it's almost impossible to find it. And, even if someone finds it, the castle itself is like an endless labyrinth that constantly changes at every turn.

Donald: so, how do we find Ven?

Aqua: allow me.

She then concentrates and summons her Keyblade. She points it at the door, and a keyhole appears. It releases a powerful energy that was a little intense, but everyone stayed in place, and Aqua fires a beam of light towards it. The hole disappears, and the castle begins to transform. The whole world changes and is restored back to the Land of Departure, repaired, once again.

Everyone: wow!

Sora: amazing!

Arcturus: it's beautiful.

Aqua: thank you. C'mon. Ven's inside.

They entered the castle and went down the main hallway. They then took the stairs up to the main room where they saw three chairs at the far back wall. In the middle chair, was Ventus, still in a coma, and in the same age as before.

Sora: he looks like he's only been asleep since yesterday.

Arcturus: the time stasis from CO must've stopped him from aging. Hopefully not permanently.

Aqua: (runs over to his side) Ven. (Gives a gentle hug) I'm sorry it took so long. (Breaks hug and shakes him lightly) Ven, wake up. Open your eyes, please!

Ventus:...

Aqua: why? Your heart never found its way home?

Sora: (turns to Arc) can the FireFly's medical room help him?

Arcturus: 'fraid not, buddy. Without his heart, he won't wake up. (Remembers Ruby) I'd know.

???: that was a neat trick.

Surprised by the voice, they turn around to see Vanitas, now in his bodysuit, walking towards them.

Vanitas: no wonder no one could find him.

Sora: (glares) Vanitas!

Aqua: (glares) why are you here?

Vanitas: oh, I'm sorry to interrupt your touching reunion, but surely you won't begrudge me a moment with my brother?

Arcturus: (summons Keyblade) piss off!

He and the trio charged at him, but Vanitas teleports and is sitting in a thoughtful position on Ven's chair.

Vanitas: so, Venty-Wenty wants to keep sleeping. What am I ever going to do with you?

Aqua: (summons Keyblade) shut up!

She jumps to strike him, but he summons Void Gear and blocks it.

Vanitas: you better settle down there, "Master."

The both then move back and the others could see a fight about to go down.

Sora: Aqua, we'll handle him!

Aqua: no. I'm ending this.

Sora: but you haven't recovered yet.

Aqua: (turns to them) sorry, but you've seen me too weak, too often. (Turns back to Vanitas) now it's my turn to shine.

With her magic, Aqua casts a barrier around her and Vanitas. Arcturus tried to phase, but his energy wasn't fully recovered, yet. Nevertheless, they had no choice but to watch this play out.

The fight was hard, but Aqua was able to hold her own and had the upper hand. As their fight continued, Vanitas fires a fire magic towards Ventus and cracks the barrier. He fires again, but Aqua jumps in front of it and takes the blast. Vanitas then walks over to her, and is ready to kill her.

Sora: Aqua!

Then, Sora's heart starts beating strangely, and time slows down.

*STATION OF AWAKENING*

The boy soon finds himself in the station of awakening. He's alone, until he hears a voice.

Ventus: I...have to wake up...

Sora: yes. Tell me what to do.

Ventus: the power of waking...

Sora: I can't. I still don't have it yet.

Ventus: you never lost it... It sleeps...until someone needs it. Call to it...

Sora: I am calling...with all my heart.

Sora then holds his Keyblade out, and creates a keyhole. The station then changes to Ventus's, and Sore fires a beam of light to it.

Ventus: thank you for always keeping me safe, Sora...

Ventus eyes then opened, and a ball of light leaves the station, returning to its rightful owner.

*REALITY*

Ventus's body is then coated in light and everyone is surprised. The light then blasts at the barrier, completely breaking it.

Ventus: AQUA!!!

To their shock, Ventus comes flying towards Vanitas, Wayward Wind in hand, and locks blades with Vanitas. The strike was powerful enough to create a shockwave of light and dark energy that pushed them back a bit. Seeing that he's out numbered, Vanitas back flips away to escape.

Vanitas: three guardians and a dragon is more than I care to face. But now that my brother's awake, I'm just certain that he'll come to visit.

Sora: when we do, we'll be ready.

Vanitas: oh, before I forget, we're changing the time tables a bit.

Sora: huh?

Vanitas: we'll let you gather all your lights. We're increasing the number needed on both sides. So, if you want to rescue your precious Nobodies, you might want to pay Radiant Garden a visit.

He exits in a dark corridor and Ventus helps Aqua get up. The others then walked over to them.

Sora: Aqua, are you alright?

Aqua: yes. I'm fine, Sora.

Ventus is a bit surprised to see Sora, and for a brief moment, saw Vanitas instead.

Ventus: huh?! You're Sora?

Sora: yep. Hey Ventus. (Offers handshake)

Ventus: I get it. You were my second chance.

Sora: huh?

Ventus: (smiles and accepts hand) call me Ven.

Aqua: (ruffles his hair a bit) good morning, Ven.

Ventus: good morning, Aqua.

The gang smiled a bit at their reunion. When they last saw each other, they weren't on good terms, s seeing them like this brought smiles to them. The moment was cut short when Sora's phone starts ringing. He pulls it out to answer.

Sora: hello?

Kairi: hi, Sora.

Sora: Kairi? (Switches to FaceTime mode)

Kairi: it's good to see you, again.

Sora: you too. How's your training going?

Kairi: Axel and I finished. We're back in Radiant Garden and ready to help.

Sora: that's great. We got Aqua and Ventus back, and we have a lead on where to find Terra.

Kairi: good. But, that might have to wait.

Sora: why's that?

Kairi: you guys need to come to Radiant Garden. Something's happened, and it's not good.

Sora: (concerned) what is it?

Kairi: it's better you see it for yourself.

Sora: alright. Meet us at Merlin's house, we'll be there soon. (Ends call)

Goofy: if Kairi told us to go there after Vanitas told us, then it must be really bad news.

Donald: let's go!

Arcturus: you got it, gang. I'll get us there in a few minutes.

Donald: wait, Arc—!

Too late. He grabs everyone and heads back to the FireFly. Little did they knew that what a waited at Radiant Garden would change the Keyblade War in more ways than one.

Author's note: two down, four to go.
Ven and Aqua have joined the gang, and soon Kairi and Axel will, too.
The treason's out of the bag. After the attack on Ansem, they were looking into all the members, including the benched ones. What happened to them, will be revealed in the next chapter.
I was originally going to destroy the replica, but I have a new idea.
Land of Departure returns. This will be exploreable as well.
The power of waking returns as well. Sora will use this again to help the others.

Next chapter: things get worse.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

15.5K 562 38
Having left the organization behind the Heartless trio finds themselves facing challenges they never thought they would have to face. Especially not...
32.4K 277 43
On a world where the inhabitants are masters of time, Arcturus Farron lived as an ordinary teenager, until a accident occurred, resulted in awakening...
781 6 22
7 months since the event of the Phase 2 buster has been stopped. However, the war isn't over. God of Infinity went on a search to somewhere to find s...
43.8K 477 20
You are the Brother of Keyblader Warrior Sora and like him, you joined with him and your Girlfriend Xion to repair the world's. But when they go thro...