Heroes of War- Izuku X Reader

By _Alice_Love_

(Y/n) with the superhero name, Roach. Dealing with the traumatic life experiences of two ex-pro hero parents... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33. Yay hospitals and bad guys
A/N *will be taken down*

8.

42 2 0
By _Alice_Love_

I was packing my bag full of gym equipment. My ankle and wrist weights, the extra bottles of water, some medical supplies in case I rip my stitches again, only the usual things.
I remembered that I had promised my old textbooks to Yuki. I went into my hall closet and reached for the top shelf. Eventually jumping I reached the old box of my college textbooks. Hopefully, this would help him out, the poor kid was working his hardest. The phone in my bag vibrated and I reached in and grabbed it. I sighed as I read the text on my screen. I wasn't allowed to participate in active duty for another week, locking my phone I stared at the black screen. I shoved my phone back into my bag walking quickly to my door. I let out an annoyed huff as I locked my apartment door as I left.

"Oh Roach, I was just coming to inform you that there are a couple of reporters surrounding the entrance of the building." The receptionist came over to me in her uniform. Her soft pink hair framing her face. 
I sighed, "I am terribly sorry. I will handle them but can you give these to the doorman, Yuki?"
I held the old box in my arms and Yuno nodded frantically, "Thank you! I am sure he will be happy to have these!"
I smiled, "Seems you and him are very close."
I continued to walk with her towards the elevator.
She had a blush on her face, "Well, we have been on a few dates. I really like him and he is super sweet. Actually, it is stupid but I really don't think I could do without him."
Her demeanor had shifted from business to casual, she fiddled with her hands as she smiled with a far-off look. She was love struck and so was genuinely enthralled with that boy, and he was with her too everyone knew that from the moment she said hi to him.
I laughed, "Well good luck." I handed her the box. "I will make sure those reporters leave you alone now."

She took the box carefully and went to the desk and slid the box underneath. I looked to see the few reporters but the amount was staggering.
I opened the door with my hand gently and stood at the entrance. I held the strap of my gym bag tightly in my hand and I gazed at the reporters, "Excuse me? What is going on?"

They all seemed to turn and look at me than a flurry of bright lights. I pulled my arm up to shield my eyes as I wound them shut. "Who are you? What is your connection with the hero? What is the significance of your relationship?" The barrage of questions was coming too fast and the flashing of the cameras hurt my eyes even with them closed.

The reporters continued shouting at me. I couldn't even understand what they were asking at this point, they just kept talking over each other and my head started to split open from the pain in my eyes. I grit my teeth and shouted over them, "Hey! Knock it off with the flash! Didn't you guys do any research before stalking me and harassing the people at my apartments?"

The camera flashing ended instantly as I stood tall and looked at the crowd. Everyone was silent. I pulled my goggles off slightly and rubbed my eyes before pulling them back on. I collected myself and took a deep breath. I looked over at all of them who were waiting kind of nervously.
I paused and thought back to their questions, "I have been injured and have had servals friends and others stop by as they were concerned about my health. Recently I reopened a wound and a friend came by to help me out. Can you please stop making these false ideas?"
I looked sincerely at the reporters and they all stared at me. Some of them seemed discontented with my words while some of them just seemed to settle with what I gave them.

"Roachie!" I turned around and saw the doorman smiling brightly, "Thank you for the textbooks! I will put them to good use!" Yuki shouted at me from the door, "You are such an awesome person! I can finally focus on my nighttime college classes! And with the extra money that I saved on these books, I can take Yuno on a proper date!"
I nodded at him and threw him a hand of acknowledgment, "Take her someplace fun! You know she adores you!" His face went red and he nodded his head politely before returning into the building.

The reporters seemed to have calmed down, "Can we take pictures without flash to go with our story!"
I turned trying to identify which reporter spoke up.
I couldn't figure it out, "Look I am not a part of some lovers' scandal, I just needed someone to help make sure that I did go into shock from the lack of blood in my system. That's why-" Wait is Midoryia my friend? "-my friend stayed to make sure I was fine. I will be under a lot more stress if you portray it like we're are in some romantic drama and I am trying to recover. Also yes you can take some pictures without flash, but please be respectful of my apartment building! Ask my head organizer for anything else!"

I took a few quick pictures and then left to go to the gym. I went to the treadmill doing a light jog to warm myself up. I put my earbuds in and soon was at a full run. Going nearly 28 kilometers an hour. It wasn't the fastest I could go but I had to take it easy. I was zoned out for a good twenty minutes just running while not even breaking a sweat when the familiar greenette walked in front of me. He ducked down as to properly catch my gaze, he gave a smile and wave. I returned it and he left to continue his workout.
After thirty more minutes, I got off the treadmill and pulled out my yoga mat to stretch myself out. I went towards the open area and rolled out my mat. I stretched my upper body moving my arms working my way down to my torso, then my legs. I was on the ground fully extending my left leg while stretching my body out as far as I could.

"Maybe the reason the building didn't crush you is because you can get as flat as a pancake." Izuku let out a throaty chuckle as he was doing some stretching as well.

I snickered without looking up, I needed to stay flat for a while longer. With my face to the ground, I teased, "What, you jealous you aren't this flexible for those kicks of yours?"
I finally raised my arms and torso up towards the ceiling and let out my breath. I yawned before looking at him, he wasn't paying any mind to me. He was in the middle of putting weight on his left leg stretching it out.

"I could never fold myself up like that, maybe in middle school but not now." He grinned and me as he finished his stretch.

I stood up and went towards the boxing bags in front of the mirrors and he followed going to the one next to me, "What are you my gym buddy now?"

He tensed up as his ears went red, "I- I mean-"

I shook my head as I wrapped my knuckles, "I am teasing you, silly."
His mouth shut and I went about practicing my hits and kicks. I was disappointed with the amount of strength behind them last time when Izuku needed to help me downtown.

I could hear him practicing as well but not very intensely. Not my issue to get involved with. I glanced up at the mirror to Izuku and he was staring at me. He didn't notice me watching him in the mirror, he's probably thinking of what's off on my stance or something.
I shook it off and started the combo moves. A relentless onslaught of kicks and punches that dealt more with speed than anything. Left swing, right back kick, double strike, right swing, left back kick, double strike, gut blow, and I continued for fifteen minutes.

Once I finished I was breathing heavy and gathered a layer of sweat. I sighed and rolled my shoulder before cracking my neck. I wiped the sweat buildup that gathered around my goggles, I shut my eyes and used the end of my shirt before bringing the goggles back over my eyes.

"Hey, I grabbed you a water." Izuku extended the bottle towards me and I took it.

I took it and lifted the bottle to my lips before speaking. "Thanks, I have been trying to get better at my left swing but-"

"You just hesitate looking where to strike." He said with seriousness and I began downing the water.
He held his chin as he nodded to himself while muttering, "Your goggles limit your peripheral vision which is a problem. Maybe updating them with a clear side panel? But the curve would affect the appearance of the object, maybe having them corrected similarly to glasses to fix the shape would do?"

I watched his body movement. His eyes shifting about as he calculated his thoughts, he leaned back slightly with his arms crossed, periodically shaking his head slightly before tilting it and tossing his thoughts within his own head. Every now and again his lips move to the side and show his dimples. I could see every muscle flexing of his shoulders through the black shirt he was wearing. He was awfully easy to admire, probably why he had such a big fan club.

He snapped his fingers, "I know someone who can make them easy!"
He was grinning like a kid as I chuckled. Thank goodness he didn't notice me staring.

"Oh, that's great! Maybe you can take me to meet them sometime!" I smiled as I walked towards the bell bar and loaded on 170 kg on the already weighted bar.

"When are you free? I can try to work with your schedule!" He smiled and I got the bar onto my shoulders before doing my lunges.

"Well, I am free all this week!" I said moving with the lightweights, I remember doc said nothing like my normal 240 kg.

He sighed, "Unfortunately I have lots of press stuff after today. Honestly, I only have today off."
He scratched his head and frowned.

"Well I mean I am free today too, I mean you are going out of your way Izuku! It's really nice of you to do." I said while putting the weights down.

His eyes lit up with excitement, "That's great! Let me grabs my things okay!"

I giggled at his cuteness, "Yeah I will be right at the door okay?"

—————————————
1823 words. ooh? Even longer than last time? is it possible that I have become...... decisive?
BAHHHHHHH

Also, does anyone know who the doorman and the receptionist are? Its from another anime that I enjoy. I can't believe i managed to finish it all in one extended weekend. None of my friends have watched it and it makes me sad, cause it was good.

SO excited that people are reading this story. I figured since today is Thursday (even if its 2 am rn) i am going to release a chapter early today and then one tommorow! It should be properly edited by then ;P

I also wanted to ask if anyone had and movies they want to recomend for an upcoming part that im writing. hehehehehe if you want it can be added into the writing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 915 47
I adamantly rejected the notion of my weakness! Despite the prevailing belief that an omega is meant to be sheltered, who was I to seek protection? T...
87.1K 1.3K 58
Any story I write will have both female reader and male reader chapters so everyone can enjoy them. Both chapters will be the same stories just diffe...
67.3K 1.6K 59
A world where 80% of the entire population get these abilities, known as and named 'Quirks'. The fantasy of heroes and villains became reality... But...
3.2K 71 18
Y/N L/N (now Aizawa) lost her biological parents at the age of 5. Now in Japan and the successor of a Pro Hero, Y/N has to face difficult challenges...