Numinous | KHR Fanfiction

By Junny3458

Saikawa Jun, a lazy 18-year-old girl, who just graduated from high school. The school organised a trip for a... More

Prologue
Prologue: Shrine
Chapter 1: Reincarnated
Chapter 2: New family
Chapter 3: Simon babies
Chapter 4: First day of Kindergarten
Chapter 5: Visitor
Chapter 6: Visitor part 2
Chapter 7: Soon
Chapter 8: Intrude
Chapter 9: Grief
Chapter 10: By your side
Chapter 11: Leaving
Chapter 12: Family friend
Chapter 13: Friends
Chapter 14: Little Tuna
Chapter 15: Transfer
Chapter 16: Sushi
Chapter 17: Bento and Mother
Chapter 18: Forward
Chapter 18.5

Chapter 19

1.8K 121 27
By Junny3458

Females began puberty between the ages of eight and twelve. That's the beginning of adolescence. Just when I was a happy-go-lucky kid who ran around looking for something to entertain myself, I began to doubt my life.

Well, I was already making decisions as I was still mentally eighteen. I have my ups and downs in my previous life to know what to do in my second life. 

When I woke up in the morning, I felt like snuggling into bed and forget about school. Of course, a certain skylark invaded my room and bashed me with the metal tonfa.

"Wake up." He glared at my burrito form.

I groaned, slowly sit upright. My eyes closed tiredly as I pulled off the covers and staggered like a zombie. I brushed past Kyoya, mumbling under my breath.

"Okay, I'm awake..."

Hibari stared at her retreating back. The raven-haired male knew that the girl would generally greet him or make a sassy comment. Seeing the girl acted obediently, he began to feel something off about her. A part of him was pleased to see the girl behaved. However, he missed the bright-looking girl, filling the house with smiles and laughter. Chisaki wasn't this well-behaved, so why did she become differently?

| ... |

I should have to stay home if I wasn't feeling well. My classmates immediately find the cheerful Chisaki being silent was worrisome. I laid my head on the desk, ignoring the burning eyes on me.

My body oddly feels stiff and heavy. The whole morning, abdominal cramps come and go away repeatedly. I thought it was last night's dinner, which was sushi, upset my stomach. A wave of pain hit me. I curled up in my desk, internally crying how I have to suffer.

'The world is unfair to me.'

"Ne, Chi-chan," Kyoko called out to me. I twisted my neck to face the other way. Kyoko's smile was upside down. Because of how I acted. I knew I concerned my friends. At this moment, I could care less.

"Yes..." I slurred like a drunken old man.

"Are you alright? You look under the weather," Hana spoke out, unsettled by my changed behavior.

"I don't know...I feel like everyone is against me..."

I winced as another wave of pain hit me, this time stronger. Imagine someone stabbed you in the stomach and twisted the knife.

I couldn't handle it anymore. I bolted out of my seat, out of the classroom, to the nearest restroom.

I shut myself in the furthest cubicle and sat on the toilet seat. 

"Chi-chan!" Kyoko entered the restroom, calling out to me.

"Which cubicle are you in?" Hana asked.

I groaned in response as another painful wave comes. Something leaked out and soaked my skirt. What is this? I got up from the cubicle seat, leaving a red spot.

I scowled. My mood worsened, realizing that the time for me to mature into a woman has come. Things get worse when my skirt has a permanent red paint on the back.

'Why at this timing,' I cried mentally. 'Curse Mother Nature!'

The voices of my friends rose, knocking on the cubicle door.

"Kyoko-chan, Hana-chan," I slumped against the door. "Do you have...pads?"

| ... |

"You made us worried, Chi-chan." Kyoko placed a hand on my back, rubbing soothing circles.

"Never knew that the bright, happy girl of the school would act down because of a period," Hana patted my shoulder. "You are officially a woman."

I didn't bother to say any word due to the unbearable cramps—all I wanted to be on my bed and binged on some chips or pocky.

On the red spot case, Hana gave me her jacket, wrapping it around my waist, securing it with a knot on the front. It covered the back of my skirt entirely. I appreciated these girls very much when they helped me at my lowest.

Right now, we were heading to the infirmary to obtain some cramp pain medication. The idea of sleeping in the infirmary beds appealed my laziness. I should ask the nurse to give me a leave notice for my next class.

"Excuse us," Kyoko slid the door open, revealing someone seated on the desk chair. I regretted coming here now. The nurse was none other than Shamal.

"Oh my, what cute girls~ Come in, come in."

"Sensei, do you have any pain killers for cramps?" Kyoko asked.

"Ah, I understand," his face lit up as he deducted from the start. The womanizer doctor gave her the medication, not before giving her a flirty wink. Kyoko, being the sweet and oblivious girl, thought Shamal was just giving a harmless joke.

Hana and I frowned. Out of us, both of us were more self-aware and intelligent to gauge someone's intents.

"He's a pervert, right?"

"Yea..." My frown deepened when the pain kicks back. The culprit of my glare was Shamal. The man flinched from the intensity of my eyes. Those eyes reminded him of that man.

"You...Do I know you?" He scratched his beard, tilting his head to the side. "What's your name?"

"Chisaki." I decided to leave my surname out since if my dad were in a mafia, he would recognize it.

"Chisaki, huh? 'A thousand blossoms.'" He grinned. "It fits a pretty girl like you."

A sharp, searing pain shot in my lower abdomen. I bet my face has the saltiest expression.

"Oh? You look familiar..." He shivered.

"Do you know Chi-chan, sensei?" Kyoko butted in.

"Well, I wonder if she is a relative of a fellow. I thought for a second that he cross-dressed as a girl." He laughed boisterously.

"Anyway, what's a man doing here? I thought the nurse was a female," Hana questioned, eyeing the man suspiciously. 

"Ah, well, you see, the beautiful lady wasn't here when I came. So I decided to stay here for a while," Shamal smiled, his cheeks rosy at the thought of the female nurse.

I grabbed Kyoko's hand and pulled the girls out of the room.

"H-Hey, wait-"

I never bothered to hear his reply. I vowed never to step inside that place.

"Chi-chan?"

"Girls, don't go there. That man is bad news." I gritted my teeth.

"I could see that man eyeballing us," Hana grimaced. "Chi-chan, do you know him?"

"No." My reply shot out in 0.1 seconds. Forget about relaxing and skipping class. It's better than being near him. He likes girls, even underage girls. He may have the brains, but have the personality of sewage water. Well, I won't admit that he has a high intellect.

If the Doctor Shamal knows Papa, that means Papa has an extensive network in the underground world. Of course, the anime would have tons of people from the mafia. If Papa was one, I am not surprised. I wonder if he knows Reborn...

| ... |

"Hiragii-san, please stop glaring at the front," Mr. Keith, the class's English teacher, sweatdropped. When he turned his back to the whiteboard, his back scorched by the heat from my eyes. The teacher gulped down the nervousness as he returned to his lesson.

"Chi-chan, you are scaring sensei," Hana, who sat in front of me, whispered.

"The cramps are back..." I spoke through my teeth.

"That because you ate ice cream beforehand."

"B-But, it's tempting! Besides, someone gave it to me, so I have to eat it," I pouted. Eating cold food during your period wasn't a good idea. However, when someone gave you a free meal, who doesn't love it?

"Hiragii-san, please stop talking-and stop with that glare of yours! You are disturbing my lesson!" 

When the bell rang, the teacher fled from the classroom. I felt a pang of guilt that I scared my teacher away. I should remember to apologize.

Classmates surrounded my desk, asking tons of questions. They were aware of my sudden mood but not the root cause. The claustrophobia and loud voices aggravated my PMS hormones. Luckily, Hana stopped them and shooed them off before I did anything stupid.

"Chi-chan, I think it's best to stay in the infirmary," Kyoko suggested, seeing the colors drained from my face.

"I refuse to stay near that man," I bit my lips hard, tasting iron as the skin bled. Intense spasms racked my back and abdomen. This was deadly worse.

'I should have been a boy if I reincarnated.'

I tried to think of the upcoming years to distract me from the torment. Dealing with puberty as a girl sucks, having to go through it again sucks more. Well, there will be many more problems later in the future.

"Chi-chan, are you listening?" A hand poked my side, eliciting a shriek from me.

"Don't do that! I am still suffering!"

Hana rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "I am asking which middle school do you plan to go?"

"Namimori Middle." More than half of the class swiveled their faces to me, their eyes widened in disbelief.

"I thought she would go there!"

"I'm glad that Chisaki-chan is going to a co-ed school!"

"That's means we have to study harder to go there!" One of the boys cried in determination. My eyebrow twitched at the commotion.

"But wouldn't you choose Midori based on your academics?" Hana frowned.

"Midori is an elite school, and it's an all-girls school. But Namimori isn't that bad. Besides, Midori means a lot of work."

Hana smirked. "You are a lazy smartass, I see."

The whole conversation distracted me from the pain that I barely realized. 

Ugh. I took back my words.

I have to tolerate it until the last lesson. My last year of elementary school will soon end. Joining Namimori Middle, which was where the main arc started. I felt pumped to meet the other characters.

"Chi-chan, you look like you are plotting evil," Hana pointed at my face.

"Chi-chan seems focused," Kyoko stated.

"Ugh...I should have stayed at home," I grumbled, gritting my teeth. Hana shook her head, pulling on my arm.

"Let's go back to the infirmary."

"Not if we chased that pervert out."

| ... |

(Chisaki: 12-years-old)

Before the seniors headed off to junior high, we have to overcome an obstacle. On the blackboard, a big circle in the middle wrote, 'End-Of-Term tests next week!'

Since it was Friday, classmates groaned, seeing that the weekends are wasted. Very few aren't bothered. After all, I had to go through my fair share of entrance exams. Elementary school wasn't that difficult for me, so you could say I was prepared.

However, I couldn't say for Tsuna. He looked like the world is coming to an end.

"Tsuna-chan?" I bought my face in front of him, seeing him spacing out.

"H-Hie! Chi-chan?!" Tsuna jumped in fright.

"What's your last grade for maths?"

He paled, opening and closing his mouth. "F-Forty-eight."

I brightened up at that. "That's good!"

"E-eh, but I failed."

"That's not what. You improved a lot," I patted his head. "Last time, you usually got in between ten and twenty. You are getting there! I am proud of you!"

While he felt flattered, he still sees it as a part of his failures. I flicked his forehead to grab his attention. He winced, rubbing the throbbing area.

"During the weekend, I will come to your house to help you study."

I leaned down to his shoulder and whispered. "Your crush is going to Namimori Middle too."

He blushed brightly. "U-Uh I-I...Who-"

I snorted, his face gave away the undeniable fact. I patted his shoulder and smiled gently. "If you showed improvements, it means you can do it."

I turned around to head back to grab my bag. Something pulled on my wrist, stopped me. I looked over at Tsuna, seeing his flushed face. He quickly released his hand, words jumbled out of his mouth.

"Relax, Tsuna-chan," I patted his head.

"I-I was wondering," Tsuna slowly breathed in. "A-A-Are you and Hibari-san in a relationship?"

My feet paused. Did Tsuna say...Hibari and I are together? Since when did that boy would be interested in committing a relationship?!

"Tsuna...Where did you hear that from?"

"There are rumors about Hibari liking you."

I stared blankly at him. I snorted before bursting out in laughter. My breath came in quick gasps between my laughs. Tears gathered in the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill over.

"C-Chisaki-chan?" Tsuna looked floored.

I snorted, slapping his shoulder before teasingly leaned forward.

"Curious?"

Tsuna nodded. I grinned before motioning him to come closer.

"The answer is..."

I flicked his forehead. Tsuna squeaked, backing away, his hands reached up to nurse the pain. Solemnly, I stood up and crossed my arms.

"Idiot, he is somewhat a brother to me. Those are just from students who love to gossip."

"Eh?! Then it's fake?!"

"Silly Tsuna," I shook my head.  'Though I wouldn't mind marrying Kyoya.'

| A different point of view | 

(I feel like Tsuna isn't making his appearances much. This is kind of extra. Just to see what the characters' thought process.)

After years, his life hasn't changed. He was still the Dame-Tsuna. The mocking eyes, teasings, and whispering from his peers followed him everywhere. Keeping a low profile proved useless as he lived in a neighborhood where everyone recognized him.

'I am Hiragii Chisaki! You?'

He remembered how she saved him from the mean bullies, then the scary boy dragged her away. Those cold, piecing grey orbs forced him still. The aura around the boy made him unapproachable. Plus, the news of him leading a group of delinquents firmly tells anyone not to provoke him.

'T-Then T-T-Tsuna-Kun, you may call me Chisaki!'

She kept her promise and came every day to the park. They played games and got closer. He knew that she learned to cook, read mangas, annoying a skylark(?), and have a father who went overseas.

She was as cute as the school idol he admired. However, her appearance widely contradicts others. Long white, with a hint of blonde, flowed and curled in waves. Her eyes were surprisingly bright and subtle, a unique shade of blue like sapphire. When she smiled at him, a warm, fuzzy sensation tingled his core.

Seeing her in his class shocked him yet excited and scared him. He didn't want her to know about his reputation. If she heard his alias, she wouldn't friend him anymore. He tried his best to sneak away; instead, he tripped.

His face burned, hearing the laughter around him. He knew this was it.

A familiar hand patted his head broke his thoughts. All his worries suddenly disappeared, seeing her in front of him. The same dazzling smile she gave him warmed his heart.

The daily park meetings turned into after-school playdates and weekend sleepovers. And, their mothers soon became friends.

She was his first real friend.

It wasn't long that she made new friends along the way. He sees the people as an impregnable barrier to keep him away. Her presence attracted eyes on her. Soon people knew her name and tried to get a glimpse of her. He became distant, he couldn't take a step and talk to her.

He acted like a coward and put a wall between each other. She never stopped pursuing him and supporting him. Her goofy words cheered him up.

'I helped you because...I want to be your friend. Tsuna is not like other children. Tsuna is kind and warm. You lighted up the world like the sky embracing everything. That's why Tsuna is different because Tsuna is Tsuna!'

"Tsuna~ Tsuna~ Tuna?"

Chisaki snapped her fingers in front of his face. He flushed, embarrassed he got caught dreaming.

"A-Ah, sorry! I mean, yes?" He composed himself.

"Don't daydream about Kyoko-chan. Listen carefully," she explained the problem sum.

It was as if someone finally accepted him.

Tsuna wanted to know more about her. If he was her close friend, he should understand her. Weirdly, Chisaki was able to pick out his antics. Most of her assumptions were correct. It's like she knew from the beginning.

Tsuna shook his head, smiling softly. He shouldn't make judgments after what she did for him.

"Tsuna-chan, repeat what I say."

"Eh?"

Chisaki frowned as she tapped his forehead. "Pay attention! Don't drawl too much! You can do it!"

Tsuna chuckled and gripped his pen.

"Yes, yes."

| ... |

Hey guys, sorry for the late updates recently. This pandemic really won't end. The world is in an uproar. My internship has been postponed again, and I can't do a single productive work at home. I never went out home as I was just lazy and the whole quarantine rule. I parked my introvert ass at home and just wondered what's my life. I hope everyone is okay out there. It hurts me to see asians are being attacked as I am an asian too. The other races also experienced the same thing. The racism is becoming unbearable. I am just a random human who do not have much power but if we can share a small act of kindness, it could make a huge difference. 

Currently, I am rushing through to get started on the storyline. You will see Reborn in the next chapter or two ;) Stay tuned!

Stay safe, stay healthy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571K 35.4K 127
『 Dying of Asphyxiation was seriously not my goal in life. 』 Neither was meeting a Governor of the Afterlife and getting sent to another world for a...
543K 19.3K 82
One day, a girl aged 16 suddenly passed away in the middle of the night. The cause of her death was unknown. But, her soul along with her 16 years of...
45.3K 1.9K 25
*SEQUEL TO MASKED TRUTH On a fateful day Tsuna had met an unconscious boy who looked exactly like him. It was found out that this boy was Sawada Tsun...
191K 5.6K 40
The Vongola and its allies are rumored to be overprotective of their boss/friend, the soon-to-be tenth Vongola boss, Sawada Tsunayoshi. However, no o...