Backfire (1)

By Katherine101

You've heard of Twilight and The Vampire Diaries . But what happens when your favorite vampire's tales become... More

Backfire
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
1920 - Kate
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
1920 - Kol
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note

Chapter 17

2.7K 57 20
By Katherine101

* Edward *

I watched my sister run out and a piece of my heart ached . I turned and glared at the others in the room . 

" Does someone want to explain to me why you are driving my once sane sister INsane ? " I asked , crossing my arms . 

* Kate *

I was running , just running when I tripped and fell . I cussed under my breath and got up , pulling my aching body up as I kept running , ignoring the trickle of blood running down my leg and the slight tear on the side of my dress . I lost my heels , watching them fly up behind me as it started to sprinkle a little . It was dark and it was hard to see as I kept running , doging sticks , and twigs as I went . Finally I got to the clearing . I heard someone step on a branch and I jumped a little , whirling around . Nobody was there . I laughed , putting my head in my hands . I'm paranoid .

" I'm absolutely freakin paranoid . " I replied , laughing at myself and shaking my head .  

I sighed and sat down in the grass as someone walked out from behind a tree .

" What's all of this talk about a newborn army ? " asked a fimiliar voice .

I froze , squinting my eyes to get a closer look and I jumped up . 

" Hello , darling . " he smirked .

" Kol ?! "  I asked in shock . 

He smiled and blurred over , pulling me into a tight hug . 

" Long time , no see , Katie . " he replied  , running a hand through my hair with his fingertips . 

I cleared my throat and pulled back .

" W-what are you doing here ? " I asked in shock . 

He looked suprised.

" A little birdy told me that you were back and I just had to come find you . It was only THEN that I heard an army of vampires was coming to kill you and I just couldn't let them kill a beautiful girl such as yourself . " he said , looking me over .

" Kol . " I protested , right as he pulled me into a kiss . 

I wrapped my arms around his neck , pulling him down to me . He smirked , seeing he'd gotten to me and blurred , pinning me against a nearby tree as he worked his way down my neck and to my jaw .

* Edward * 

I was worried about my sister . She wasn't back yet , and the party was going on as normal . I was pacing and Bella walked up . 

" Where's your sister ? I thought we were finally going to get to meet ? " she asked . 

I sighed . 

" I don't know where she is . She ran off . " I replied tensely . 

Bella looked suprised . 

" Is she okay ? " she asked .

Stefan and Damon walked up .

" We're going to go find your sister . " Stefan replied .

Damon rolled his eyes and glared at his brother .

* Kate *

Kol put me down and I looked at him awkardly . He chuckled and then stared at me . 

" It is good to see you , darling . " he replied , looking me over .

" I have to get back . " I said , trying to straighten my hair and  dress . 

 " I'll walk you there . " he replied , blurring over and grabing my hand . 

" Kol ... it's been awhile . Things have changed . I'm not the same as I was . " I replied , pulling my hand away as I pushed passed him and kept walking . 

I heard him sigh and blurr up next to me , walking beside me backwards so that he was faceing me the while time with perfect balance .

 " Aww , Katie , it hasn't been that long . " he replied , crossing his arms as I kept walking . 

" 1920 in Chicago . " I replied as if it was yesterday . 

" You were working with my father . " he said , with a glint of something in his eye . 

 I laughed dryly . 

" And you were one of the vampires were hunting . " I shot back .

" Ah  , but you didn't know that at the time . " he smirked .

I rolled my eyes and  glared over at him . 

" Our story ended decades ago , Kol . " I replied , trying to push any feelings I might have for him far away and out of my mind.

" It doesn't have to end , Kate . " he said , looking at me intently .

I laughed .

" Are you seriouse ?! Listen to yourself ! " I said , motioning to him .  

He chuckled . 

" Still as firey as ever . Damn I missed that spunk . " he replied shaking his head .

I glared at him and paused crossing my arms .

" Honestly Kol . Why are you here ? " I asked him .

He sighed .

" I already told you . I'm back to protect you . I'm sorry that I haven't been here sooner , but I just got the hell outta dodge after I was undaggered . "  he explained . 

I looked at him suprised .

" I'm back now and I have no intention of getting daggered again OR leaving you without some protection . It's a wonder you made it this long without me . " he winked .

I rolled my eyes . 

" Come on , darling ! Don't tell me you haven't missed me . " he said , looking at me and waiting for an answer .

I sighed and looked at my feet .

" Fine . Fine you win . You'll get a second chance , but this doesn't change anything . " I replied .

He smirked .

" That's all I wanted to hear . " he said with a smile.

" I mean it , Kol . It doesn't change anything . " I hissed .

He rolled his eyes again . 

" Lighten up , lovely . " he smirked , twirling me out of the woods and  onto the lawn of Cullen's home . I  laughed a little and he smiled , countinueing to twirl me gracefully onto the porch and through the door , ignoreing the stares and jaw dropping we got .

I felt eyes on us as Kol put his hand on my hips and twirled me into dip , grabbing my leg. I rolled my eyes as he tickled me a little on my back which made me laugh , even though nobody could see he was tickling me because of my long hair .He smirked and I laughed harder . 

" That's cheating . " I said , finally finding the will to stop laughing and rolling my eyes.

He chuckled and then the song ended and we walked over to the staircase . I leaned my arm on it and just shook my head , laughing at him . He laughed to .

" What are you laughing at ? " he asked , amused .

" I don't know . You just show up out of nowhere and explain that you intend on trying to sweep me off my feet . " I said , looking down .

He sighed . 

" I always liked to make an entrance . " He replied .

Damon, Stefan , Edward , Jacob , Seth , Rose , Emmett , Alice , Jasper and the brunette walked over to us confused at the new guy I was talking to .

" Who's party is this anyway ? " Kol asked , looking around .

" My brother's and his family's . " I explained as they all walked up and paused , staring at Kol . 

------------------------------------------------------------

Kate/Seth ? Kate / Stefan ? Kate/Damon? Kate/KOL ! Big suprise . 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 247 27
Family was everything to Kate Salvatore, well that was until her family abandoned her ! Kate is the sister of Stefan and Damon Salvatore. She is a v...
52.7K 1.7K 25
Carlisle Cullen, Edward Cullen, Emmett Cullen, Jasper Whitlock-Hale, Sage Stackhouse, Elijah Mikaelson, Kol Mikaelson, Niklaus Mikaelson, Damon Salva...
309K 6.8K 32
My name is Ariel Forbes and this is going to be the story of my crazy messed up life. My adopted sister is a vampire, Katherine is a b**** but she's...
27.6K 629 23
Part 2 to "Backfire" . Please read that one first. Kate Mason is the sister of Edward Cullen . She's been through a lot and she has a history with th...