FORBIDDEN ATTACHMENTS ─ star...

By solobarnes

"Genevieve Daulton, only child of King Willard and Queen Hilda Daulton, are you ready to take on the responsi... More

SUMMARY
PROLOGUE
PART I: A NEW QUEEN
I. Hideaway
II. A Queen With No People
III. A Nighttime Visitor
IV. Unspoken Fears
V. The Rebel & The Jedi
VI. The Taris Rebellion
VII. Mandalore
VIII. An Unknown Supplier
IX. Mandalorian Armor
X. Count Dooku
XI. The Hunt For Answers
XII. Tensions Rising
XIII. Trade Ports
XIV. Naboo
XV. The Light In You
XVI. A Clone Army
XVII. Tatooine
XVIII. The Moisture Farm
XIX. My Heart, My World
XX. Suffering
XXI. The Droid Factory
XXII. Bait
XXIII. The Strength Of A Queen
XXIV. The Jedi
XXV. Captured
XXVI. We Are One
XXVII. A War Has Begun
PART II: THE SIEGE OF TARIS
XXVIII. First Of Her Name
XXIX. Devising A Plan
XXX. Two Queens
XXXI. A Heavy Weight
XXXII. Battle Shenanigans
XXXIII. Invasion
XXXIV. The Refugees
XXXV. A Good Man
XXXVI. The Factory
XXXVII. The Supplies
XXXVIII. Grevious's Plan
XXXIX. Taken
XL. The Senate
XLI. Pago The Lesser
XLII. The Last Of The Siege
XLIII. Forbidden Attachments
XLIV. Sunsets
PART III: THE MANDALORE PLOT
XLV. The Message
XLVI. The Right Thing
XLVII. The Death Watch
XLVIII. Concordia
XLIX. The Saviors
L. The Heir
LI. Warrior Ways
LII. Downfalls Of Neutrality
LIII. The Duchess Of Mandalore
LIV. The Damage Is Done
LV. A Perfect Jedi
LVI. Jayce Daulton
PART IV: A DARK ALLEGIANCE
LVII. The Chancellor
LVIII. Nightmares
LIX. New Missions
LXI. An Old Legend
LXII. Farewell
LXIII. A New Path
LXIV. The Rise Of The Sith
LXV. Genevieve & Jayce
LXVI. Always
LXVII. Empty & Lost
LXVIII. The Dark Truth
LXIX. Darth Vader
LXX. Luke & Leia
LXXI. Hope For The Future
LXXII. The Queen Of Taris
LXXIII. The Twin Suns
FIRST SEQUEL: LOST KINGDOM
SECOND SEQUEL: RISE AGAIN
THIRD SEQUEL: NEW ORDER

LX. Ithor

982 51 9
By solobarnes

Chapter Sixty
Genevieve

"Where are you taking us?" Obi Wan asks me, sitting back as I bring us into hyperspace.

I lean back as well, smoothing out my outfit. I decided to wear my pale blue long skirt, with the matching long sleeve shirt that flares out at the sleeves, showing a bit of my midsection. I put my hair into a braid and I made sure to wear my mother's necklace, which is very important for this trip.

"You said the republic don't have the resources to do a thorough search for Grevious? Well if we are going to be efficient, then we need the best ships. I'm taking us to my mother's home planet; Ithor."

Understanding floods through Obi Wan, making him smile at me, clearly impressed. "The people live in the skies, not on the surface, so would have to have efficient ships. That's very clever."

I smirk at him, touching my mother's necklace. "My mother told me that Ithor has the fastest ships in the galaxy, that most starship racers buy their ships from there," I shake my head, my mother's image surfacing into my mind. "She always told me one day she would take me there. I know we are on an important mission, but it feels like I'm getting a piece of my mother's back by going to Ithor."

Obi Wan reaches forward and clutches onto my hand, his voice tender as he says; "I'm glad you are able to finally see your mother's home, and I'm even more glad that I'm here to share such a moment with you."

I squeeze his hand. "So am I. I wish we could have brought Jay. I want him to see Ithor too."

"Once the war is over we'll bring him here. I know he'd love it. Maybe we could stay here for a week or two, take some time just with the three of us."

The smile on my face is one to top all others. "That sounds incredible. It would be nice to be a real family for once."

Obi Wan brushes his thumb over the back of my hand. "I know, my dear. The sooner we find Grevious, the sooner we can have that."

I hear the ship beeping at me, telling me that we are approaching Ithor. I let go of my husband's hand and bring us out of hyperspace, latching onto the controls and descending us into the atmosphere.

My mother told me Ithor was the most beautiful place she'd ever seen, and I have to agree with her. The surface is covered in mountains, made of deep purple and blue rock, the color of the sky when it has just turned to night. The mountains are tipped with snow, and below the mountains are forests filled with trees, with light pink and purple colored leaves. The cities above the beautiful surface are made of a dark stone material, onyx in color, carried in the skies by a hover technology beneath all the buildings, with wooden bridges to connect between cities. It's utterly breathtaking.

"What is your business entering Cautana?" A voice comes in from the communications of the ship. Cautana is the capital city, where we are currently entering the boundaries of.

I lean forward and reply to the man on the other end; "Tell Duke Soaran that his niece, the queen of Taris, is here to see him."

There is a pause before the man replies; "Of course, your majesty."

I turn to Obi Wan, explaining to him; "My mother's older brother inherited the throne of Ithor. My grandparents are long dead, they died a few years before my parents got married. He's been Duke of Ithor a long time."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"Not since I was very young, probably my mother's funeral. He and my father didn't get along very well. I did hear from him after we won Taris back, he wanted to make sure I was alright and give me condolences for my father's death. He's a nice man, I know he'll help us."

Obi Wan nods, getting himself ready to exit the ship. I pull the ship into the city, right up to the beautiful onyx stone palace that my uncle resides in. Obi Wan and I make our way off the ship, finding a welcome parry waiting for us on the ground. My uncle's captain of the guard is here to greet us, and he does so with a warm smile to me, and a sneer for Obi Wan. I knew that accompanying him would be a good idea.

The captain leads us inside of the palace, which is decorated with sculptures, chandeliers, and decorations made of the gem stones from the surface, providing color in the dark palace. They are like the gem stone necklace my mother gave to me, but in a much more diverse array of colors. The floors are a white stone, pearl like in appearance.

The throne room is right on the other end of the main hallway, impossible to miss. The double doors that secure the throne room are built with the crystals themselves, unlike the other doors which are made of regular wood.

The guards open the doors up for me, revealing my uncle sitting on his throne, a warm smile on his face. He is wearing a black suit, with a dark purple shoulder drape, held onto him by a crystal chain. He looks like I remember him; he has graying brown hair, strong features, a long face and nose, and all too familiar sea blue eyes. He has the same eyes my mother did, the ones I did not inherit. I have my father's deep brown eyes, as does Jayce.

Jaspar Soaran makes his way towards me, his arms stretched wide, embracing me tightly once we reaches me. I embrace him back, returning his warm smile as I pull back.

"You look radiant, my dear," Uncle Jaspar tells me, holding onto both of my hands. "I was excited to hear of your news. Congratulations on the birth of your son, I am sorry I didn't say so sooner."

I squeeze his hands, shaking my head. "It's perfectly fine. It is good to see you, it has been a long time."

"Indeed. You were a small girl the last time we met, and now you are every bit a queen. Your mother and father would be so proud."

Those words mean a great deal to me, making my smile grow. I look over my shoulder and gesture with my head to Obi Wan. "Uncle, this is General Obi Wan Kenobi. Obi Wan, this is my uncle, Duke Jaspar Soaran."

Obi Wan bows to my uncle, who bows in return, his warmness not fading. "What an honor it is to meet a Jedi. Is this the Jedi that helped you defeat the separatists on Taris?"

I nod, smiling at my husband. "He was. Obi Wan is a very good friend to Taris, and to me, which is why I have agreed to help him on his most recent mission. That is why I have come here, Uncle."

My uncle nods his head, looking between the two of us. "How might I be of service?"

"The Jedi are searching for General Grevious, who is currently hiding somewhere in the outer rim. They don't have the ships to do a thorough search however, so I have come here to ask if you could provide ships to the Jedi order."

Uncle Jaspar's eyebrows knit together, thinking this over. "How many ships are we talking?"

"A few, enough to compensate for the ships they are lacking. The sooner we find Grevious, Uncle, the sooner this war will be over. I know your people are suffering as much as the rest of the republic's people are, if you help us, you can help bring the war to it's end. I know this is a lot to ask, but I wouldn't have come if it weren't important."

Uncle Jaspar smiles softly. "You may look like your father, but you are so much like your mother. You have her heart, her determination," he says, squeezing my hands again. "You may have as many ships as you need, the Jedi are welcome to use them."

I bow my head to him, my smile widening. "Thank you, Uncle."

He brings my hands up and kisses my knuckles, nodding his head to me. "Of course, my dear. Before you go on your way, I insist you and General Kenobi have lunch with me. You must be famished."

I nod to him, looking back to Obi Wan. He approaches me with a soft smile, wrapping his arm around mine as we follow my uncle out of the throne room and towards the dining room, feeling relieved at my uncle's cooperation and willingness to help.

"This will be the first real meal I have since I left for the outer rim sieges," Obi Wan whispers to me. "I have had nothing but government rations since."

I pat his arm, tightening my grip on him. "And after we feast, we go on the hunt for that hunk of metal."

Obi Wan nods. "With you after him, my love, Grevious doesn't stand a chance."

I would kiss him if my uncle weren't a few feet in front of us. Instead I smile at my husband, ready to enjoy a quiet meal with him and my uncle, ready to feel a sense of normalcy for the first time since the war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 36 5
Millions of stars in the universe, but the universe revolves around her! Star Wars / Original Character Love Interest 2022, Voidmoons Original Trilog...
9.8K 203 16
Y/n, a sister to PadmΓ© queen of Naboo is now sent to Coruscant for PadmΓ©'s new job as senator for the galactic senate. As a result of the attempted...
53K 1.5K 78
The story of a Mandalorian and a Jedi intertwined by fate as the galaxy erupts into open war. Both fight in the Clone Wars and face many hardships, c...
24.8K 737 48
"I don't know who I am anymore." "You're a rebel, you're a Jedi, you're a king...and you're my son." ─ BOOK 2 of the BALANCE OF THE FORCE SERIES ─ A...