13 WISHES

By Kizzy_Dev

{PUBLISHED ON WEBNOVEL AS A PAID STORY} "... ah! Ah!... help me! some body!...let! me! Go!". ************ "U... More

Prologue
Meet Katherine
Meet Dave
Katherine
CAST
Get to know each other
Know More
Secrets are best unspoken
Three's a Crowd
Beach Day
The Pact
She is not my girlfriend
The Kidnapping - Prt 1
The Kidnapping - Prt 2
Rescue and Escape
The Calm After The Storm
Welcome
Home where the sun shines
I care so much it hurts
Healing Hugs
Changing
Cold Games
Tremors of the Heart
Win Some To Lose Some
The King's Queen
Suicide and Dramas
The birthday Party
Truth or Dare
Falling into Temptation
Imprinted in my Heart
Passionate Rage
Leaving...but not without drama
Two Months Later
Just a dream
What destiny unites, life divides
The Truth
Cruel Truth
THE END
Q/A
HEAVEN ARC: 13 Reasons Why
HEAVEN ARC: Rebirth
SPEECHLESS
My Webcomic

Hurt

230 68 2
By Kizzy_Dev

Some people hurt by words, some by silence and some by actions, but the biggest hurt is someone ignoring us when we value them a lot.

Wish #11: get a tattoo.

Wish #12: build a time capsule.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave’s POV.

I was so angry. Kath left, I can’t believe she left. I paced up and down the living room in anger. “Dave, calm down” Sam scolded, “were you guys just fighting because of the guy Kath is interested in? Why didn’t you leave her? Now she is gone, what if she gets into trouble?”.

Thinking it through, my anger was replaced by worry. “You’re right” I realized, “where would she go?”. I grabbed my phone and began calling her, she didn’t answer my call. “Answer my call, dammit!” I nearly threw my phone in frustration.

“Now is not the time to be angry Dave, keep calling” Sam scolded and began calling. We waited nearly an hour before we got a call from Ayo. He told us Kath came to his house to stay and we shouldn’t worry. Only after hearing that did my heart calm down. Sam relaxed too. “okay, she is with someone we trust” he assured himself.

“Yeah” I mumbled. I mused over the fact that she had left and got up. I went to the room we gave her and stayed there. I didn’t leave there till the next day.

Throughout the week, I was irritated. Anybody could tell. Sandra and mom found out about Kath leaving and they sort of blamed me. They asked me why I kept asking Kath about the mystery man when she didn’t want to talk about it.

They don’t understand Kath, Kath always leaves important details behind. There is a reason she isn’t telling me his name. I know it.

I was on my way home from work when Ayo gave me a call. I answered it, “hello? What is it?”.

“Kath and I are at a tattoo parlor, she is about to do her wish thing” Ayo said, getting straight to the point. He sounded bored, “you might wanna get here soon. I will text you the address”.

Ayo hung up and I looked at my phone in anger. Kath! You’ve done it again! You are always the one to break our pact, why do you make me so angry? I rarely got angry till you came along. I looked at the address Ayo texted and entered a bike quickly.

I arrived at the tattoo parlor and found Ayo and Kath standing outside. Kath saw me and looked away proudly with crossed arms. I glared at her and pointed at her, “you!…you are always the one to break our pact. Why make me promise if you can’t keep it?!”.

Ayo came in between us. Kath retorted, “For your information, I am the one who got Ayo to call you. I am not as untrustworthy as you think Dave”. I glared daggers at her.

“Stop it both of you” Ayo said sounding fed up, “jeez, I can’t believe it is both of you that are arguing like this. You were really good friends”.
“We are still friends” Kath and I said at the same time. We looked at each other frowning but surprise in our eyes. Ayo smiled at us amused. Okay, so Kath still considers me her friend, that is good.

“let’s go in” Ayo said and we stepped in. It seemed Ayo was the one who found the place so he went to meet the tattoo artist. Kath and I looked away from each other. I can’t believe she left the house just because of that guy.

“I hope you are having fun with your mystery love, since you left the house because of him” I said bitterly.

Kath looked at me coldly, “I don’t want to fight Dave but you can’t force me to say what I don’t want to”. I ignored her and looked away but deep in my mind, I knew I didn’t want to fight with her either. Why can’t we just go back to the way we were?

Ayo joined us with the tattoo artist. “Take a seat and pick a design” the tattoo artist said, “or do you have a particular design in mind?”.

Kath took a seat, “I’m not sure, just let me see”. The tattoo artist nodded, “okay, just let me get the ink. Black or other colors?”.

“Black please” Kath said and began looking at the design in the book. The tattoo artist left to get his drill or ink or whatever. I peered into the book.

“hmm, will this hurt?” Kath asked sounding uncertain.

“Yes, a lot” Ayo answered blatantly.

“Will she get infections?” I found myself asking.

“Nah, Kome is a professional tattoo artist. He knows what is doing” Ayo said confidently.

“Okay, I think I know what I want to do” Kath said certain, “a rose on my back. It is simple and artistic. A lot of meanings lie in a rose”. I wasn’t too keen on the whole tattoo thing so I said nothing. The tattoo artist returned with his tools.

“have you decided?” he asked. Kath nodded and showed him a rose in the book. She answered, “yes, I want a rose. It should be drawn on my back and It should be horizontal”.

“Okay” he nodded and started his work. Kath removed her jacket and revealed her back. “Try not to flinch, it will ruin the tattoo” the tattoo artist warned.

“Okay” Kath nodded and the tattoo artist started his work. At first, Kath looked in pain but her face relaxed after a while. I watched the tattoo artist do his work and I got to admit, it was interesting to watch.

He was almost done when I got a call. It was Sandra. “Excuse me” I said and left the building.

•|•|•

Kath’s POV.

I looked at Dave’s leaving figure. “Tattoo artist? I also want you to add something” I said.

“What is it?”. I gestured for the tattoo artist to bring his ear and I whispered what I wanted to him. He nodded and said, “it is possible”.

“Okay, do it” I said, breathing in relief. The tattoo artist nodded and continued. Ayo looked at me curiously. I looked at him innocently, “what?”.

He raised an eyebrow amused, “you are not going to tell me?”. I looked away and said dismissively, “it’s not important”. The tattoo artist finished the tattoo quickly and Dave was still not back. Where is he? Has he gone?

I got up and turned my back to the mirror. I admired the fine calligraphy the tattoo artist used to write the words I requested him to write. “It’s beautiful” I smiled.

“Yeah Katherine, you look so bad ass now” Ayo grinned boyishly. I chuckled and tried to cover it. The tattoo artist stooped me, “no, let it get some air, then you can cover it up”.

“Okay, thank you” I nodded. I picked up my purse and paid him. I turned around and saw Ayo staring at me with a mysterious smile. “what is it?” I asked confused.

“This” Ayo said and turned me around. He traced the tattoo on my back gently and it made me shudder. “My King” he read.  I paled and he turned me back to him. He had an amused smile on, “isn’t that what you call Dave? Why did you tattoo something like that on your body?”.

Ayo looked up thoughtfully. “If I remember clearly, you and Dave fought over who you were in love with and now, you tattooed Dave’s nickname on your body, what does this mean Kath?” he asked with a knowing smile on his lips.

I hid my shock and shrugged his hands off my shoulder. I scowled at him, “what are you implying?”. We heard the door open and turned to the door. Dave was done with his call and came in.

“This isn’t over” Ayo whispered to me and smiled at Dave. “Are you done?” Dave asked looking between me and Ayo suspiciously. What is wrong with him?

“Yeah” I answered coldly. Dave frowned at me but didn’t comment on my sudden coldness. “Let me see it” He said, reaching to touch me.

I moved back, not letting him touch me. He looked hurt and unhappy. “Why not?” he asked, gritting his teeth.

“you don’t need to see it” I said. If he sees it, he might ask me the same question Ayo did and I don’t have the energy to deal with his pestering. Dave is too stubborn. I turned to Ayo and saw him looking at me with a hidden smile. I ignored it and spoke impassively, “Ayo, let’s go. Our job is done”.

“Okay” Ayo smirked and gestured to the door. I saw Dave glare at me but I ignored him and walked away. Ayo and Dave followed me. As soon as we were outside, Dave grabbed my hand and pulled me to him.

“Dave?! What are you doing?” I hissed, pulling my hand away. Dave looked at Ayo, “Ayo, give us a second, we need to talk”.

“sure, take your time” Ayo said nonchalantly and walked to his car. I scowled at Ayo’s nonchalance and pulled my hand from Dave’s grip. I glared at him.

“Don’t you dare look at me like that?!” he hissed, “what on earth is wrong with you? I know I shouldn’t have asked you that question but you don’t have to treat me like I don’t matter!”.

I felt my resolve melt as he talked. This is why I left, if I listened to him, I would be compelled to spill everything to him and I can’t do that. I hardened my heart, “Whatever Dave, is that all you have to say?”.

Dave looked angrier. “Dammit!” he cursed, scratching his hair, “Kath, come back home. You are my responsibility. I trust Ayo but I can’t leave you with him, you came here with me so you have to stay with me”.

“No Dave” I refused, “you tried to force me to tell you…why should I tell you? You harassed me and what is to say you won’t do it again”.

Dave looked hurt, “really? So you don’t trust me?”.

“I’m sorry Dave” I said and walked away. Dave didn’t stop me, I looked back and saw him walk away. I sighed sadly. Ayo stared at me as if studying me and I changed my expression, “let’s go”.

“Okay” Ayo said and opened the door for me. I entered and Ayo went to the other side. He drove out of the place. We rode in silence for a while. “I don’t understand why you are unwilling to forgive Dave” he said, “You are just hurting each other. You said he is your first friend so why are you doing this?”.

“No reason” I answered impassively. Ayo glanced at me then smiled mysteriously. He continued, “also, your tattoo, why did you tattoo Dave’s nickname on your back? I thought the so called man you loved is more important than Dave so why did you…”.

“How is that your business?” I snapped.

Ayo smiled instead, “okay Kath, but I’m not stupid. I can clearly see what is going on here but I won’t say a thing. You can trust me on that”. I said nothing.

Dave’s POV.

It hurt to see Kath leave again. Can’t she see how much it hurts me that she is doing this?. What is going on in her head?

When I returned, my entire family noticed I was more of sad than angry for the time being. Sandra didn’t like it. During this time, I remembered Kath’s wish of building a time capsule so I decided to write the message. She said she would keep it in her house and she would give me a card so I would be allowed free entry to her house. She planned for us to open them five years from now. I wonder if she is writing hers now.

I spent two days writing the letter and when I was sure it was okay, I decided to call Kath. It surprised me that she picked up, I didn’t expect it. “Dave?”.

“Kath?” I gulped.

“W-why did you call?” she asked.

“I wanted to tell you…I wrote the letter you wanted me to write, for the…capsule thing” I said tensely.

“Oh, I did the same” Kath said in disbelief. I smiled. Kath and I think alike. “So what do we do?” I asked.

“Let’s see at the beginning of the street” Kath said and I agreed, “okay. See you there”. I hung up and stared at the phone, feeling a smile on my lips. This is the first time I have smiled truly in a while.

The next day, I woke up with a smile on my lips. “Wow, you are smiling” Mom said surprised, “that’s great news. Where are you going?”.

“To see Kath, we have something to discuss” I said somewhat excitedly. Kath is rubbing off on me. Mom looked more surprised, “Kath?! Really? That’s good”.

“Yes mom, I have to go now” I said and sped out of the house. I couldn’t control myself, I found myself rushing to the start of the street. I found Kath waiting for me and I smiled. I walked to her. “hey” I breathed.

Kath smiled, “hey”.

I looked around curiously, “did you come here alone?”.

“yeah”.

“Why?” I found myself saying, “you should be careful, you could get lost or attacked and…”. I stopped myself, I was being protective again.

Kath didn’t look irritated. “I’m fine Dave, I can take care of myself. You know that, right?” she gave me a knowing smile.

I mumbled sheepishly, “yeah, right”. We stood for a moment then I brought out the letter. I folded it neatly, “here, this is the letter”.

“Thanks” Kath took it and kept it, “I will take it with me when I go back home. Here is the key, with this, you will be able to enter my house freely as well as open the lock of the box. This key is the only key to open it”.

“you won’t have a key?” I asked.

“yeah, in case I get impatient” Kath said sheepishly. We smiled at each other for a while then looked away. I sighed, “Kath? Please come back. I really…I really miss you”.

Kath’s face fell and I became disappointed. She is going to say no. “I will, but when I’m done with my last wish” said with a smile. That made me feel better.

“I’ll be waiting” I smiled. Kath nodded and began walking away. “Don’t forget our pact!” I added. Kath turned her head and smiled, “I won’t”.
_________________________________________________

The last wish is up, how will it end? Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE. Thanks for your support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
23.1K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
32.5K 4.6K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...