Groovy Baby ~That 70s show St...

By kittycat2e

Lana Forman the twin sister of Eric Forman has always been a trouble maker. She her dad's and her mother's ab... More

The Gang
Ephigraph
Prologue
One {1976}
Two
Three
Four
Five
six
Seven
eight
Nine
Ten
eleven
1977
twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
Eighteen
nineteen
twenty
Twenty-one
twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
twenty-Five
twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
1978
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-Five

Seventeen

8.1K 140 16
By kittycat2e

The New Foreman

🌸🌸🌸

The gang was piled into the cruiser; Fez, Donna, and Eric in the front, and everyone else was crammed into the back.

"Ugh this is so boring" Lana complained, she leaned over and put her head on Hyde's shoulder.

The two of them decided that they would remain just friends. They knew their friendship was more important, than a relationship which probably won't last.

It was mainly Lana's idea to call whatever they had quits. She knew that high school relationships never last and she didn't want to lose Hyde as a friend.

"Guys can we do something besides cruiser?" Hyde asked.

"You know what we could do?" Kelso smirked, " We could go skinny dipping. Naked!"

"The way God intended," Hyde smirked looking down at Lana

"Nope" Lana said.

"No way" Jackie refused

"Why not? It'd be fun" Kelso said trying to convince the girls.

"Sure, its fun for you guys, cause you get to look at us. And thats a treat for you, but we just get to look at you and that's nasty." Lana said, while Hyde was still looking at her.

" Lana's right," Donna agreed

"So you don't wanna do it?" Eric asked Donna.

"I don't care, I'll do it" Donna laughed.

"Okay I'm in!" Eric exclaimed wanting to see his girlfriend naked. Lana rolled her eyes at her desperate brother.

"Are you in?" Hyde asked looking at Lana.

Lana sighed, " Yeah, why not"

"I'm in," Hyde grinned.

"Eww that's my sister!" Eric shouted.

"Naked is dirty" Fez sang.

"Dirty, dirty, dirty!" they all started to sing.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana sat in the drivers seat with Donna and Jackie. The rest of the boys were in the back of the car smushed together. They all stare blankly ahead, very naked and angry.

"What a great idea, Micheal! That was so much fun, except for the part where we got out clothes stolen, Micheal!" Jackie shouted as she tried to get the hair out of her hair.

"By the way, Fez nic tattoo man," Hyde complimented.

"Thank you!" Fez smiled, " Do you want to see her dance?"

"No!" everyone shouted. Lana made sure to not look back at the boys.

"Okay we need a plan asap, Because I'm not about to drive up to my house with  car full if naked people." Lana said trying to get everyone to focus.

"We can go to my house," Hyde suggested

"Yeah , Your mom is used to having naked guys around," Kelso laughed

"She's not even home, you moron!" Hyde said punching Kelso.

"Put on the top forty" Fez said laying over the seat to reach the radio in the front.

"Woah! Sit, down Fez! I see London, I see Besticle" Hyde said shielding his eyes.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?" Fez rolled his eyes.

"Tuck it in!" Hyde shouted.

🌸🌸🌸

The boys sat in the living room while the girls went through Hyde's moms room for some clothes. Donna found some that fit, but Jackie and Lana were too small. 

They walked back out with Donna fully dressed and Jackie and Lana still in towels.

"Couldn't find anything?" Hyde asked looking at them.

"No offense, Hyde but all your mothers clothes are whorey" Jackie said.

"What?" Donna asked.

"Oh but they look great on you Donna" Jackie faked smiled.

Donna scoffed taking a seat besides Eric.

"Steven can I borrow some clothes of yours?" Lana asked gripping her towel tighter.

He nodded and went into his room with her. It was messy, but not as much as Lana thought it would be. She saw half open drawers, clothes on the floor, but some were put away neatly.

Hyde pulled out a Led Zeppeling T-shirt and tossed it to Lana. He also gave her a pair of his boxers.

"Uh... I guess just leave the towel here, I'll wash it later." Hyde said looking up and down before leaving.

Lana quickly changed. She hung her towel off of the door for Hyde to wash. She looked at all the band posters in the wall. And the stack of records that were definitely not organized the way hers were.

She looked at a picture he had by his bed. It was of the gang, before jackie and Fez joined them. It was fourth of july. They were at the Forman's annual BBQ. 

Hyde had his arms crossed, without a smile of course. Lana had a smile on her face, her hair was up in pigtails, and her lips dyed blue, probably from a popsicle. Donna had Eric in a headlock and Kelso was smiling but had his eyes closed.

She was still looked at the picture when Fez can bursting the door. She just rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. She already knew he was just trying to sneak a peek of her changing.

"C'mon Eric we've got to be home before curfew" Lana said motioning Eric to follow her.

Eric nodded getting up. Donna and Fez followed. And Jakcie and Kelso apparently already left. 

"Hey, Hyde how long  is your mom going to be gone for?" Donna asked.

"I don't know but I've got food, beer, and no adult supervision so I'm st," Hyde grinned sippig some beer.

"If your mom isn't back by tomorrow, come over to our place for dinner" Lana said not wanting him to be home alone.

"I should be fine, but thanks guys." He nodded.

🌸🌸🌸

Hyde had benign eating at the Forman's for the last few days. Lana was surprised at Edna still wasn't home. She had never left for this long.

The twins walked into Hyde's house as he threw a phone across the room.

"Hey, Formans," Hyde said turning to look at them, "come on in, make yourself at home, I'm out of beer, but if you want you can break something."Hyde said sitting on the couch in annoyance.

"Actually I had my eye of the Phone..." Eric joked.Lana rolled her eyes and went over to Hyde. She sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around her.

"Hey, what's that?" Lana asked gesturing to the plate.

"It's crackers with Ketchup on top for Zest." Hyde faked smiled

"Edna is not coming back, is she?" Lana asked looking up at Hyde.

"No, she's just been delayed a little bit" Hyde lied.

Eric sat down on the chair, "Oh okay. Didn't there used to be a tv there?" 

"Yeah I pained it," Hyde answered, as Lana ran her hand through his hair trying to comfort him.

"You pawned your mom's tv? Hyde sh's not coming back, " Eric said.

"Okay she's not coming back all right!" Hyde admitted. Lana moved her hand down to the nape of his neck, still playing with his curls.

"So what now?" She asked softly.

"Sell the house" Hyde suggested.

"Steven, you rent" Lana reminded him.

"Guess I'm in more trouble than I thought," Hyde joked standing up. 

"Hyde I'm serious here!" Eric shouted.

"Steven let us help" Lana said.

"I'll be fine you're the ones that need help!" 

"Fine, we brought you this sandwich," Erci said hanging him the bag.

"Fine I'll take your sandwich, " He caved, " after this no more help"

Lana sighed. She knew they had to do something to help Hyde she just didn't know what.

🌸🌸🌸

"Eric, lana I'm sure she's not abandoning Steven. She's his mother," Kitty reassure the twins.

"Mom, her exact words were I know I'm your mother but I'm abandoning you Steven," Eric explained. 

"This is the woman that blames him for ruining his life every chance she gets!" Lana added

"Well, that doesn't sound very good. No sire Red!" Kitty said looking over at her husband who was trying to not get involved.

"Look, you know I'd like to help Steven. I'm a giver, but you can't squeeze blood from a stone" Red said. Lana looked at her dad but he already knew she would use her 'please dad' face and didn't look at her.

"Well, you know we could just go over there and check on him, " Kitty suggested.

"No, I'm not going over there that's final! I am not Santa Claus!" Red yelled.

"Well, thank God you're not Santa Claus, Red. You'd scare the hell out the Childern!" kitty retorted. 

🌸🌸🌸

Red and Kitty did actually end up going to check on Hyde, after Lana unending begging. They catalo brought him home. 

"You know, Red really yelled at me Forman." Hyde paced in front of the couch. The twins were sat down watching him.

"Yeah get used to that." Eric said with a smirk.

"This blows, man. When I was living at home I didn't have to answer to anybody. I made my own rules. You two screwed me! I told you this was none of of your business," Hyde exclaimed.

"Steven, twins! I have hot cocoa and cookies," Kitty called as she carried the mugs downstairs. Hyde plopped next to Lana.

"Thanks you , Mrs.Forman," Hyde smiled taking the cocoa. Katy gave every kid a kiss on the head before skipping upstairs.

"You're lucky I don't kick your asses," Hyde grumbled sipping some cocoa.

"Yeah sure," Lana laughed.

Hyde looked at Lana," Are you going to eat your cookies?"

She laughed and put some on his plate.

🌸🌸🌸

The Formans, now including Hyde, sat in the kitchen for breakfast. Kitty was dancing around to the radio, and was making waffles.

"Wow, thanks Mrs.Forman. You know we never had waffles at my house, my mom used to say that waffle irons were a luxury, like pillow cases or not getting hit. Man this is so cool!" Hyde grinned putting more waffles on his plate.

The Forman's all exchange worried looks, "Well you are welcome Steven. See, Eric, I told you I was Cool!" Kitty said.

"Eric, did you tell your mother that she's not cool?" Red asked in a mad tone.

"Fine, Mom your super fly." Eric said sarcastically causing Lana to kick him under the table.

"Thanks, honey, " Kitty said walking to the fridge, "Steven would you like some maple syrup or blueberry syrup?"

"You have syrup?" Hyde asked bewildered, "Man, I love it here!"

"And we love having you here," Lan smiled before taking some syrup and pouring it on her pancakes.

"Yeah! Your like the brother I never Had! I mean, I have two sisters but you know what their like, so this is great!" Eric grinned.

Lana pushed Eric in the shoulder, " I'm a great sister"

"Eric be nice to your sister! And after breakfast I want you to go out and rake the yard" Red instructed.

"But she-never mind.Rake? But I was gonna-" Eric started.

"I'll do it" Hyde offered taking some bacon off of Lana's plate.

"Okay Steven!" Red said impressed

"Man, I love my new brother!" Eric exclaimed hugging Hyde who pushed him away.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana was sat at the kitchen counter, she was doing her homework, as Kitty was looking through their school work.

"Steven!" Kitty called through the kitchen doors.

"What's up?" Hyde asked walking into the kitchen.

"You failed a test?" Kitty asked, holding up the paper with a red F circled on it.

Hyde hesitated, "Um... Yeah?"

Lana looked up from her homework to watch the scene in front of her.

"I'm very disappointed Steven, you have so much potential!" Kitty said

"I'm sorry, I'll try harder." Hyde told her, cringing at his own words. 

"Lana, sweetie, help Steven. Make sure he doesn't fail another test," Kitty said to her.

"Mom, I'm too busy with cheer and my own homework" Lana insisted.

"Perfect, you can help him with his homework" Kitty smiled before skipping out of the room.

Hyde looked over at Lana was a smirk. Lana would rather do his homework for him and not help him. She hated trying to explain things to people. And Hyde can't focus to safe his life.

They walked down to the basement to see Donna and Eric making out on the couch. 

"Ew!" Lana said covering her eyes.

"Take it outside. I've got to do my homework here French, "Hyde said coming down stairs.

Eric started laughing, "Good one. Now get out"

"Serious Eric leave. Mom is making me help steven with his homework" Lana said putting the books on the table.

"Did she yelled at you?" Donna asked looking at Hyde.

"No, but she was really disappointed with me. And then, before I knew what I was doing I told her I would try harder." Hyde fake gagged.

"It's true!" Lana started laughing, "But of course I had to be in the room and my said I had to tutor him."

"No way!"Donna said in disbelief

"Yeah," Hyde and Lana sighed looking at each other.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana sat on her bed doing someone else's homework when Kitty called everyone in for dinner. 

The four of them came down the stairs and went to the dinner table, and sat down.

"Okay here we all are!" Kitty said happily looking at all the the teens

"So honey how did you do on your history paper?" Kitty asked.

"Well, history not being-" Eric started but Kitty cut him off.

"Oh I'm sorry dear but I was talking to Steven"Kitty said.

"Well, I must say all the studying paid off,"Hyde smiled.

"What'd you get a D?" Laurie teased.

"No! He got a C minus" Lana corrected.

Their mother cheered, while Red part Hyde on the shoulder. "Good job son".

"Good job" Lana mouthed across the table 

"Thank you" Hyde mouthed back.

"I got a B!" Eric piped up.

"You couldn't get an A?"Red asked disappointed, 'Lana what did you get?" 

"A Plus..." Lana said putting her head down.

"see your sister can get an A" Red said.

"Oh honey don't listen to your father, you did super. And Steven  you did super duper!"

"Why does he get a duper?" Eric whined

"Because we expect more form you " Red scolded.

"Give me a break, Forman I don't have a mommy." Hyde fake pouted.

"Don't sweat it, Eric you can only be as smart as God made you-or didn't" Lauire taunted.

"Laurie didn't you just flunk out of college?" Eric asked.

"Get bent twerp!" Laurie sneered surprised her little sister said anything.

"Wear a bra!" Eric  yelled.

"Can we please not fight?" Hyde asked

Laurie and Eric looked at him with a shocked expression and started targeting him instead.

"Can we please not fight?" Laurie mocked

"Can you please not suck?" Eric asked

"Good one Eric," Lauire laughed.

"Thanks"

"Can you all shut up!" Lana yelled tired of the stupid arguing.

"Now, we're going to have a nice dinner and Eric, try to be more like Steven." Red said pointing a finger at Eric.

Hyde looked around with a cheeky smile and winked at Lana who rolled her eyes as she blushed. Eric looked like his reality had been shattered. 

🌸🌸🌸

Hyde and Lana stood shoulder to shoulder by each other doing the dishes, in the kitchen.

"You almost done there Hazel?" Eric said stupidly.

Kelso laughed a little too loud, "see that's funny because Hazel is a maid"

Lana and Hyde gave the boys the same , 'you're an idiot' look.

"Or you could've called him Alice too" Fez added.

"shut up Fez," Hyde said threatening him with a sponge.

Lana rolled her eyes and continued doing the dishes.

"so pretty tough with that scrubber in your hand  huh?" Fez teased.

"Guys, Red and Kitty aren't even here,I mean you're kissing phantom butt." Eric laughed.

"Eric I'm just doing my chores, which I was told to do , with no complaints" Lana sighed, "and you wonder why I'm the favorite".

"How do you know that you're the favorite?" Eric raised his eyebrow.

"Well lets see, you complain all the time and Red hates you. And Laurie is a whore, who flunked out of college" Lana shrugged.

"You know what Forman, I used to think Red was a real harass, but after doing your  chores for the last five days, I've come to the conclusion that you're just a lazy spoiled brat." Hyde said calmly.

Fez and Kelso were shocked by his response when Fez said" Hazel never talked like that" Lana let out a huge laugh.

"Hey! THat's not fair! You've doing them for five days try sixteen years!" Eric pointed out.

"Eric, I've been doing chores for sixteen years with you and it's not that bad" Lana rolled her eyes at her little brother. 

"Yeah! But you have girl chores!" Eric rolled his eyes.

"Eric I had to mow the lawn from ages 11-15 because you were too scared to start the lawn mower. Also, I usually help you get the leaves out of the gutter, and I still have to do my own-" Lana started listing.

 "Okay I get the point" Eric sighed in annoyance.

"I guess I'm just grateful" Hyde said.

"Well stop, both of you are making me look bad" Eric yelled. Lana was getting annoyed of his whining.

"Plus you've become like a total drag to hang out with," Kelso added.

"Their kinda right. Have you gone soft Hyde?" Lana teased

"Look put down the dishes and start doing something stupid and senseless right now!" Eric demanded.

"Forman, I'm a guest here." Hyde reminded.

"Then fine! I guess I will have to do something stupid." Eric stated like he was obligated to.

"Eric don't" Lana warned 

"I know something stupid we can do!" Kelso yelled suddenly.

"I swear if you suggest you and I do it one more time-" Lana threaten.

"No not this time. But the offer is always there", Kelso said," Do you have a bowling ball?"

The boys and Lana all went into the living room while Eric stood on the divider behind the couch. With a bowling ball in hand. Lana was in horror and shocked by the stupidity of her brother and Kelso.

"Eric please listen to me! Don't do this!" Lana begged her little brother.

"Lana please, How could this possibly go wrong?" Kelso asked, swinging the ball and almost hitting Lana. But, Hyde moved her out of the way.

"Guys cut it out" Hyde said.

"Don't be such a baby, we just want to see how high it'll bounce! Nothing bad can happen!" Kelso said before handing Eric the ball.

Jackie and Donna came up and watched from the doorway, Lana just shot them a worried look and they knew right away Lana had nothing to do with this.

"Okay. Forman, man, think. You are listening to Kelso . Don't do it!" Hyde advised.

"Wait, wait, wait. Now you're telling me what to do? No I already get enough of that crap from Lana" Eric said irraited.

"Enough talk do it!" Fez clapped.

Lana hid her face in Hyde's shoulder scared to watch her brother do this. She knew Eric wasn't this stupid. And she knew nothing she said was going to convince him to not do it. She could only let it happen.

Eric dropped the ball onto the couch. And instead of bouncing up like Kelso said it would, it went straight into the tv. Lana slowly looked and she couldn't believe it. Everyone stood there in silence.

"I never even thought of that," Kelso winced. "Later," he yelled darting out the room.

Everyone else took of in different directions. Lana and Hyde just stood there with Eric who was in shock over his own actions.

"Eh, maybe they won't notice," Hyde said leading Lana out of the room.

🌸🌸🌸

When Kitty and Red got home from their party, Red's  voice echoed upstairs and they all gathered around the remains of the tv.

"well it took a really weird hop" Eric explained

"Why would you drop the bowling ball on the couch," Red asked

"Okay, well hindsight being-" Eruc started.

"Eric! I don't want to hear anymore of your dumbass excuses! This is the dos irresponsible, idiotic thing you have ever done!" Red yelled.

"Actually Red I did it" Hyde spoke up.

"Steven don't!" Lana hissed quietly.

"You?" Red asked turing around.

"No, no, no dad he's just covering for me! I did it!" Eric yelled.

"Forman, stop it! It was me" Hyde said.

"No it was me!" Eric insisted.

Lana suddenly shouted out, "It was me!". Everyone just looked at her in disbelief. Her parents started laughing. 

"Oh sweetie you would never do something like that" Red said giving Lana a kiss on her head.

"Mr. Forman, it was me. I'm sorry, if you want to kick me out I completely understand," Hyde said looking down at his feet.

"Dad, no don't do that it was me!" Eric repeated.

"Well guess what? I don't care! You're both idiots! And I don't care if you have to get a job digging ditches, you're buying me a new TV!" Red instructed, "Now go"

"Yes, sir!" Eric said 

"Yes, daddy" Lana said.

"All right," Hyde said. Lana elbowed him and he added, "Sir!".

A/N Leave a comment for what you want to see happen in the story or if you want to see more of Lana and Hyde private moments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 907 42
"Life has been better since I've been loving you." Aubrey Rose was just a girl living in Point Place Wisconsin. The seventies are going to change her...
13.7K 193 40
The 70's, what a time to be alive. Especially for a group of friends who spend their free time getting high in their friend's basement. Janie Forman...
740K 18.8K 77
Isabelle Forman has lived her whole life right next to one particular person. Steven Hyde: the burnout. Steven Hyde: the player. Steven Hyde: her bro...
1.6K 32 24
When Steve Randle's twin sister falls hopelessly in love with their best friend, she's forced to learn her horrible past, and learn what it feels lik...