Paradox of Time

Av Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... Mer

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#21: Replacement For The Prince

430 27 1
Av Yel_lue04

House of Varian
3rd Day of Festival

Eleanor lay flat on the receiving room couch. Gilbert carried her in his arms. "You will catch a cold if you sleep there", Gilbert chuckled to see how tired she was. Eleanor hugged him back. "Gil, I missed you. It's a good thing that Dad isn't around. But then, really, I'm so happy to see you again", Eleanor burrowed her face into Gilbert and fell asleep.

Gilbert went out of her room and met Oliver. "You managed to tame our little tiger, Sir Tutor", Oliver patted his shoulder. "Sir Oliver, welcome back. Are you here for the lady? She's asleep", Gilbert informed. "I know, I was watching from the stairs. You didn't even notice me", Oliver was hurt.

"Anyways, I think our little tiger is starting to grow a little bigger. It's time for you to think of yourself as well. She will mostly be staying at the Palace and there's no other work to do here. How about you go back to your father's house? He's already old and all your sisters are married. You're the only one who can inherit the House", Oliver said worriedly. "Even if I only get to spend a few hours with the lady, it's enough for me", Gilbert said with a weak smile. 

4th Day
Palace Corridor 

Eleanor gulped as he walked behind Xylan and Fiona. They were headed outside. 

"Your Highness, there were some cases of burglary from the outer town but the guards were able to deal with the burglars. As of now, we kept them in the cellar. The peace inside the town hasn't been disturbed", Fiona said wearing her Knight uniform.

As expected from the Marquess's daughter. Even if I haven't seen her fight, I already know she's been trained all her life.

She turned around and ignored Eleanor. The blonde's eyes twitched. Was she just ignored and treated like thin air? "You look outstanding on your knight uniform. You told me that you'd rather wear it everyday. Once you become the Empress, you might not be holding a sword as often as you want to", the man said. 

The silver head suddenly attacked him but he was fast to defend himself. "I don't want that", she said with her face flushed. "As always, you're quite hard to read", Xylan commented and gave a short laugh. Eleanor was about to faint seeing them exchange a few hand-to-hand combat. Xylan won the short test of strength. They had a few conversations that Eleanor wasn't able to hear since she made a generous distance. She doesn't want to get caught in their brawl. 

Xylan went inside the Throne Room to entertain the guests.

Eleanor continued walking and bumped into Fiona who stopped in the middle of the hallway. The lady massaged her face because it collided with Fiona's back. 

"I thought you would stop chasing around the Prince anymore. Didn't we talk about this? Are you still acting as if you lost your memory", Fiona turned and showed how irritated she was. "I have no idea what we had talked about before because I lost it when I fell at the cliff. I wasn't also chasing the Crown Prince. When I received my pin, the Council had commissioned me to have my post at the Palace and to be an aid to the Prince. That's all. I have no plan of interfering with Claudia, Aileen, or even you", Eleanor tried to clear her name.

Palace Garden

"Ellie!", Keane called out. Eleanor flinched because they became the center of attention. "Your Highness. Your presence had always been like a sun for me", the lady gave a smile. The prince went closer and patted her head. "You're doing great, Council Eleanor", he said with such an endearing voice. 

"Your Highness. I'll go back to the Prince's office", Eleanor keeps her head down. "Is that a palace servant? Can you ask her to bring us some wine?", one of the nobles asked. Keanne's eyes twitched but tried to control his temper. 

"I apologize, Council Eleanor. They are from the southern Kingdom and have no idea who you are", Keanne held her hand. "Since you are here, allow me to introduce Council Eleanor Beatrice Varian", Keanne introduced. The nobles whispered behind their fans.

Varian and Council aren't two things you can put together.

Crown Prince Office

Eleanor saw Liam sleeping on the table.

He must have worked hard these days.

Eleanor went to her assigned table and continued sealing letters to be sent. She's been writing individual letters to the Kings and Queens of the different Kingdoms.

She'd been sitting for hours until Liam woke up. "Did I just fall asleep?!", he panicked. "It's okay. I have finished whatever is on your table as well. I'm not quite sure if I did it well", Eleanor handed her the piled papers. Liam sighed. "It's a good thing that you're here. If not, the Prince might not be able to get some sleep", Liam took it.

"Sir Liam, you have been with the Crown Prince since he was a child, am I right?", Eleanor asked. Liam nodded and was curious why did she open the topic. "I wonder if I could ask this but...", Eleanor gulped.

"Why is it that Keanne was removed from the position of being a Crown Prince?", Eleanor looked at the floor. "If someone hears you, you'd be executed the next morning", Liam chuckled. Eleanor stepped back. "I'm sorry for asking such a question", Eleanor bowed very low.

"There are no known reasons. All we could do was speculate ", the Crown Prince's aide stood up and went near the glass window. It was huge enough to see the outer courts.

The door opened and it was Xylan. "Your Highness", Eleanor bowed. "It's getting late Council Eleanor. It's time for you to go home", Xylan passed through him but suddenly fainted. Eleanor was quick to catch him before he fell to the ground. Eleanor let the Prince use her lap as a pillow. She checks on his temperature. "Sir Liam, the Prince is burning hot. Please call the Doctor", Eleanor said.

Xylan's Room

Xylan opened his eyes and saw Eleanor sitting beside his bed. "What are you doing here?", Xylan asked. "His Majesty asked me to stay by your side. They were all relieved that you weren't poisoned. You pass out due to fatigue. You should rest more. If there are some urgent matters, I am here to carry them out", Eleanor raised her hand. Xylan watched her for some time and looked away. "I will be fine. With you doing this, I can't help but think of you having ulterior motives", Xylan tried to sit down. Eleanor was about to support him but remembered what she said to Fiona. "Your Highness. When I was younger, I was arrogant and selfish. But... Could it be that people can also change?", Eleanor stood up and placed a blanket around Xylan.

"I won't chase around you anymore. I won't go and randomly confess. I won't cause a nonsense commotion", Eleanor withdrew herself and created a big distance. She knelt on the floor. 

"With that said, you can just treat me like any other aids that you have", Eleanor closed her eyes.  Xylan cleared his throat. "My brother will take over while I'm resting. If you have questions, you may ask him", Xylan went back to lying down. "Get ready to be commanded every now and then", he said before going back to sleep. 

The next day,
Garden

Aileen saw Keane cutting some roses. "Is that for the visitors? You can ask your servants to do so", Aileen went closer. "I'd be working at the Office with Ellie. I know she loves flowers so I am thinking of adding flowers inside", Keane answered. "The Crown Prince doesn't like flowers so I didn't place much in his room", Aileen explained. "I admire how you always take note of small details", the prince commended. 

"You're back in taking that office again. Are you..", Aileen stopped when she saw Keane's lifeless eyes. "Don't worry Lady Aileen. I will not mess up with your plan to make this festival work", Keane changed into his usual playful aura.

"I will be aiding you for some time. The Council representative just went home", Aileen informed. "Ellie. Why? Did she work overnight?", Keane asked worriedly. "She... The Emperor asked for her to stay beside the Prince", Aileen answered. 

Chapter end.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

72.6K 2K 21
Here you'll learn how to become a master of the art of writing fanfiction. These tutorials are 100% approved by the Herd mentality that poisons this...
41.2K 988 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...
4K 181 16
𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕞𝕒 / / (n) 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜, 𝚙𝚞𝚣𝚣𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜...
12.6K 421 19
[ Book 1 ] [Complete] "I only wish.. for a happy ending." When too unfortunate servents of both the Demon King and The Supreme Deity end up dancing...