Spin The Bottle

By Ebby_writes

It all started with a kiss during the game of spin the bottle. * When Stephanie Valentine - a wallflower who... More

Synopsis
01 | Senior Year
02 | It's Just a Party
03 | The Party
04 | Spin the Bottle
05 | Hair Cut
06 | Hazel
07 | Poison Ivy
08 | Emily
10 | Distraction
11 | It's Her
12 | Cute Dog
13 | Soon-to-be Boyfriend
14 | A Date?
15 | Those Bitches
16 | Brody!
17 | Detention
18 | Twenty Questions
19 | Frozen
20 | Babysitting
21 | I Like Her
22 | Shrek
23 | Debbie Downers
24 | Threat
25 | Dump Her Ass
26 | Acting Strange
27 | Old Lady
28 | La Vida Loca
29 | First Time?
30 | Truth or Dare
31 | Makeover
32 | Psychotic Ex
33 | The Deal
34 | Suspended
35 | Lie
36 | Truth
37 | I Love You
38 | Apologies
39 | She's Pretty
40 | Feelings
41 | Tell Her
42 | I Like You
43 | We're Dating
44 | Out of Her Head
45 | I Miss Him
46 | Master of Kisses
Not an Update
47 | Anxious
48 | Happy Birthday
49 | Boyfriend?
50 | Yes
51 | Barbie Girl
52 | Promise

09 | What Party?

8.4K 256 20
By Ebby_writes

Chapter Nine: What Party?

It has been a week now since everything happened. The party, the game, and then the kiss. Just as Stephanie expected, things haven't changed or rather, didn't change. Everything has been normal. Stephanie sees Chris every day but as usual, he's oblivious to her existence. She didn't hope for anything to change and no, she hasn't suddenly fallen in love with Christopher just because of a kiss - that would be outrageous.

He's still the very same to her.

The player with all other qualities she has tied to him.

But now, one thing has been added to her list about him - he is the one she had the best kiss of her life with.

She isn't suddenly pining over him.

No.

She isn't.

That kiss didn't change her thoughts about him.

Not one bit.

Now it's Friday and school is over.

She and Brooke are heading towards their ride - Brooke's car.

"What plans do you have for the weekend?" Brooke asks her.

"Plans? None that I know of," she replies gently.

Then she remembers.

"Although, I did promise my neighbor to help her walk her dog tomorrow," she adds.

"My Dad is taking my mum and me out tomorrow. He said it's a surprise," Brooke says excitedly.

It is at times like this that Stephanie wishes her parents aren't so into their work. It's in times like this that she misses Brody so abysmally.

Sometimes she wonders how different everything would be if her parents aren't so into their jobs.

"I asked Dad if you can come along and he agreed," Brooke says oblivious to the thoughts in Stephanie's head.

"That's so nice, B. But thanks, I won't be coming along," she replies.

"Why?" Brooke asks unhappily.

"I don't want to intrude-"

Brooke cuts her off, "You won't be intruding. You're family too, Steph."

Stephanie smiles at that but still declines the offer which Brooke isn't the least bit pleased with.

She just can't join them. It's moments like this that are supposed to be for them, as a family, no intruders.

She'd just spend her day watching Netflix and not forgetting to walk her neighbor's dog.

Her parents would be back by Sunday. It's just a matter of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week has been a whole lot of frustration for Chris. He has searched for Hazel and he still is but it seems as if she vanished from the face of the earth. As if that night didn't happen. Maybe she doesn't go to their school but Brooke said she does.

All the times they'd pass each other in the hallways, Chris didn't notice. They even shared a few classes to get during the week but something always distracted him when she was about to enter the class.

And with her short hair now, he doesn't know it's her from behind.

You could say Fate is playing a cruel game on him.

After getting Brooke's last name on Monday, he searched for her until he finally found her on a social media platform. Facebook to be precise. That's after going through some other Brooke Dawson's. He checked the whole of her friends' list, carefully looking at the girls' profile pictures.

Pretty creepy, right?

Only a crazy person would do that but Chris did it.

Well, his result was that none of the girls looked anything close to Hazel and it drove him crazy. It still does.

He was eagle-eyed throughout the week at school. When he thought he'd have to struggle a little to find her, he didn't expect it to be this tough. It has been a week.

A week.

Right now, he is on a couch in Jason's house. He followed him to his house after school to collect something.

"Dude! What's up? What's bothering you?" Jason asks as he comes back into the living room.

"Nothing is bothering me," Chris immediately answers trying to deny it. He becomes bothered that it's obvious that something is bothering him.

Jason looks at him, disbelief clear in his eyes.

"I know when something's bothering you," Jason speaks up.

Chris sighs as if defeated.

You'd think he's about to talk, to tell Jason what the problem is but instead he says, "It's nothing serious, bro. I'll sort it out."

"You sure?" Jason asks with uncertainty.

Should I tell him? Chris asks himself within.

What would he think of me?

He might think I'm crazy.

I'll just sort it out myself as I've said.

After concluding in his mind, Chris manages a smile.

"I'm sure."

After that conversation, Chris walks out with Jason to his driveway where his car is parked.

"Don't forget the party tonight," Jason says to him as he enters his car.

Chris stops and questions, "What party?"

"Oh, My Goddess!" Jason exclaims in a falsetto voice.

"Did Christopher Hayes forget about a party? A freaking PARTY?" Jason's eyes widen as he exclaims.

"You and parties are literally attached at the hip," he adds.

"Uhm," Christopher rubs the back the back of his neck absentmindedly, quite puzzled that he forgot about a party.

"I don't know dude. I guess it's what I'm trying to sort out that made it slip my mind," he says admitting to himself that finding Hazel made him forget about the party.

"Holy molly! Didn't think a day like this would ever come," Jason comments and begins to laugh.

"You better sort whatever it is before it makes you lose your mind," Jason adds.

"I think it's already making me go crazy," Chris mutters under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I'd be there. Text me the address," Chris says as he hops into the car.

"Whatever you say, dude." Jason smirks and watches him pull out of his driveway.

Chris drives straight to Emily's school to pick her up.

"Sorry I'm late, Kiddo. I had to make a quick stop," He apologizes to Emily as he drives them home.

"You're forgiven," Emily grins.

Chris smiles at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris doesn't want to be here but he needed something to get his mind off some things and it isn't working. It's not working at all. He hopes something good comes out of attending this party tonight. Right now, he's on the couch with Jason and his girlfriend talking beside him. He lifts his cup to his lips and takes a sip. He's drinking orange juice. He isn't interested in drinking alcohol tonight. But it sure would feel good to get drunk and then face the hangover later. Even when he drinks, he drinks reasonably making sure not to get too drunk.

Tipsy?

Yes but not drunk.

He looks around him as the party is in full swing. It was Jason's girlfriend that invited them. Someone from her school is throwing the party.

He gulps the rest of his drink and stands up to leave them.

"Yo! I'm heading to the kitchen. Gotta feel this up," he slightly yells over the music to Jason while raising his cup a little.

Jason nods and Chris walks away.

He goes into the kitchen and meets people there. He reaches the refrigerator and pours himself more orange juice from a carton.

He turns around to find a blonde standing in front of him.

"Hi," she says chirpy.

"Hey," Chris replies looking behind her to see a girl walking out with black hair.

"I'm Piper," the blonde says stretching her hand for a handshake.

"Chris," he takes her hand.

She holds his hand longer than necessary and rubs it as if trying to give him a signal. Chris momentarily looks at their joined hands and then back at her face.

"I know that already," Piper says.

Like who the hell doesn't know Christopher Hayes??!!

Ever since she has seen him, she has made it her ultimate goal to have him.

"Okay?"

"Wanna dance?" Piper asks batting her eyelashes.

"Actually, I can't. I just came to get a drink for someone and the person is waiting. He'd be pissed off if I delay," Chris lies.

He just wants to get away from her. He doesn't want female attention right now.

"Oh Okay. See you around Chris," she says as she begins to walk away, swaying her hips along.

"You too, Piper."

He walks out of the kitchen to join Jason in the living room. He's still engrossed in chatting with his girlfriend and doesn't notice Chris. After some seconds, they begin to kiss.

Chris groans and heads to the back of the house.

He begins to wonder if Hazel is at this party. If she's here.

Nah, he decides.

She doesn't seem like the party type.

Maybe he met her at Jason's party for a reason. He has tried to find her all week but couldn't.

Why is he trying to find her?

Why can't he just forget about that kiss?

It was just a goddamn kiss and he has had many of it. He has to forget her somehow. He has to.

"Hey Chris," a girlish voice says behind him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
9.4K 191 42
It all started with a 'spin the bottle' game. A kiss that might change everything even your sexuality. Will you take the risk and fall in love or wil...
249K 8.2K 39
"And it was all because of.." he pauses, giving me a soft smile, "Meeting you." *** Nicole Gold. The popular sweet heart. Popularity has always been...
1.1K 81 23
Kevin, an incoming first-year college student is having a dilemma on which major to take so he played with fate by a game of spin the bottle. He laid...