Happily Divorced

By Aileedales

A firm believer in "Exes can be friends," Chassie Lewis has proven everyone thinking otherwise wrong. For alm... More

Happily Divorced
(1)Ex-wife
(2) Ex-wife
(3) Ex-husband
(4) Ex-wife
(5) Ex-wife
(6) Ex-wife
(7) Ex-wife
(8) Ex-husband
(9) Ex-wife
(10) Ex-wife
(11) Ex-husband
(12) Ex-wife
(13) Ex-wife
(14) Ex-wife
(15) Ex-wife
(16) Ex-wife
(17) Ex-wife
(18) Ex-husband
(19) Ex-wife
(20) Ex-wife
(21) Ex-wife
(22) Ex-husband
(23) Ex-wife
(24) Ex-wife
(25) Ex-wife
(26) Ex-wife
(27) Ex-wife
(28) Ex-wife
(29) Ex-wife
(30) Ex-wife
(31) Ex-wife
(32) Ex-wife
(33) Ex-wife
(34) Ex-husband
(35) Ex-wife
(36) Ex-wife
(37) Ex-wife
(38) Ex-wife
(39) Ex-wife
(40) Ex-husband
(41) Ex-wife
(42) Ex-wife
(43) Ex-husband
(44) Ex-wife
(45) Ex-wife
(46) Ex-Husband
(47) Ex-wife
About the Book
Ending: Part 2
Epilogue
Excerpt: Sweet as You
Excerpt: Her Right Mistake

Ending: Part 1

38.3K 1K 78
By Aileedales

Chassie George

"Chassie, I'm officially moved in. Thanks to you and your dearest Nathan." Julie squeals on the other line. "I'm gonna have to look for a Nathan of my own."

I parked my car into the driveway, grinning at Nathan's house that has become my home for about a month now. I stepped out of the car and happily sauntered toward the front door. "You know, Nathan has cousins. Have I told you about them?"

"I heard about them. To be honest, I've been hearing a lot of the Parkinsons and Foresters at work. And I do read magazines. They're at every page. Whoever these men end up with, must've done something to please the heavens."

I chuckled. "Or you just need the right bridge. If that's still vague, I meant I happen to know these men."

"Tempting but I'm having the time of my life right now," she says.

"Loving the job?" I opened the door, walking quietly to the living room. Sassy, the city's reigning women's magazine happened to open up a slot that a lot of women were lining up for. Audrey Danler, the editor in chief who's coincidentally best friends with Kathie, had liked Julie's portfolio and gave her the job.

"Understatement. Sassy is the best thing that's ever happened to me. You remember Howard constantly giving me hell because my writing is too "woman"?

My nose crinkled. "Yes. I remember like it was yesterday."

"My boss kind of likes it, I guess. Well, she doesn't say it to my face. The woman is unreadable but, if the faintest curve of her mouth whenever I'm handing over my article tells anything, it wouldn't be disapproval."

"Audrey likes you. There's no doubt about that." I entered the house, welcomed by familiar silence. I strolled to the living room and chuck my bag to the couch.

"You seem to know her," she mused.

"You could say that. She's one of my sister's BFFs."

"Your sister knows everybody. How does she remember all those names?"

I laugh quietly. "She has a pretty great memory."

"I'll see you tomorrow at lunch?"

"Yeah, I'll be there. I got to go." I smiled, the divine smelling kitchen luring me out of the living room.

"Okay," Julie chirps. "Tell your men I said hi."

"Will do, Jules." I hung up, heading as quietly as I could to the kitchen where said men have mixing bowls and rolling pin in hands. If the flour on their matching aprons weren't enough indication that they had a little fun, the thick patches of flour on the counter and kitchen floor might.

I leaned against the doorframe and watched them, not wanting to interrupt the cozy scene.

"Daddy, can we bake with mommy tomorrow?" He asks, engrossed with the batter he was stirring on the mixing bowl.

Nathan was opening the oven, gracing the kitchen with a sweet and wonderful aroma of bread. He carefully puts the pan down to the counter. "Sure, buddy. What do you think would she like to bake?"

"Not cake." He leans toward the steam of newly baked bread and closed his eyes, inhaling appreciatively. "Mommy is going to like what we baked for her."

"I hope so." Nathan smiles down to him. "We have to let it cool, okay? Don't touch."

"Okay." Ethan nods firmly. "Don't touch."

I cleared my throat, earning their attention. Two pair of baby blue eyes flitted to me and warmed in a heartbeat.

"Mommy!" Ethan skidded over to me, arms outstretched for a hug. I bent low and welcomed the warmest hug although he pulled back far too soon. But only so he could clutch my wrist and lead me to the counter. "We made you chocolate crow sank."

"A what now?" I giggled.

Nathan pulled me to him and placed a peck on the corner of my mouth. "Croissant," he whispers.

"Oh." I shuffled to the four pieces of delicious looking breads they were letting cool on the pan. "They look appetizing."

"You like it?" Ethan looks up, eyes glittering.

I run a finger through the flour coated counter and swiped it over his tiny nose. "I just wish I was here when you guys had your fun."

He chuckles, wiping the flour off his nose.

I felt Nathan's chest pressed against my back, his arm swathing around my waist. His other hand made a sweep over the counter, then his flour-coated fingers brush the bridge of my nose down to the tip. "It's a good thing we had too much flour."

I squealed, jumping away from him and cleaning my nose. "You're going to regret that." I narrowed my eyes on him. I dipped my hand to the bag of flour sitting on the counter and toss a handful to their direction.

Ethan lets out an excited squeal before clumping flour to his hands and retaliating.

I gasped. "You're supposed to be on my side. I'm your mother."

Nathan tosses flour to my direction. Basically, I'm more flour than clothes. "And I'm his father. He can freely choose which side to take, baby."

"This is not fair." I ran to the furthest corner of the kitchen.

They chased after me.

"Ethan, no baby brother if you don't choose me." I dodged the sprinkle, desperate for an ally. The threat of the baby brother ushered Ethan to my side, his hand taking mine.

"That's not fair."

It was my turn to be smug. "He can freely choose which side to choose, baby." I winked.

His gaze narrowed.

I squeeze Ethan's hand. We exchange looks.

I grabbed the flour off the counter and dropped it to the kitchen floor. Ethan grabbed handfuls and we showered his daddy with it. The flour on his apron was mostly Ethan's masterpiece, mine was mostly on his neck and face.

And then came a gasp that froze us in place.

Tessa was standing in the doorway, grocery bags in hands and horror in her eyes. I was surprised she hadn't dropped the groceries all over the floor. "What's going on?" Her gaze swept the mess of the kitchen and steadied on us.

"We were just having fun." Ethan hopped over to her and gave one of her leg a hug. "Did you get me my crayons?"

"Yes, sweetheart," she answers, eyes still on me and Nathan.

"Can I see them?" Ethan asks eagerly.

She blinks. "Yes. I'll just put away the groceries."

"Don't worry about it. I'll do it," Nathan volunteers and offers her an apologetic.

Tessa shuffles inside the kitchen and sets the grocery bags on the counter. "Come, sweetie. I put your crayons in the living room."

Ethan takes her hand and let her usher him out of the kitchen. I dust my skirt, like it was any help at all. I was about to follow after them, but Nathan's hand closed around mine.

"Where do you think you're going? I'm not done with you." He pulls me close, arms going around me.

My fingers skimmed off a dust of flour on his jaw. "You have a little flour on you," I teased.

"A little? Now you're just poking fun of me." He pressed me closer to his chest.

I laugh. "You're a mess."

"You love me though." His mouth hovers over mine.

"Do I?" I threaded my fingers over the back of his neck. "Are you sure?"

"You have to love someone to make more babies with them. Or so I'm told." His bottom lip touches mine faintly and I shivered. "Besides, I'm not the one who promised Ethan a baby brother, am I?"

I look into his eyes.

"I'll be glad to be a part of it though. Rest assured that I'll be with you in the fulfillment of that promise."

"Okay, you got me. I love you." I giggled.

"I knew it," he plays along. "How many promises do you want to make in the future?"

I lifted a shoulder. "As many as I can. As long as it's with you."

He chuckles, planting a feathery kiss on my lips. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"I need to know if you love me too though," I murmur.

His forehead leans against mine. "I had all this love built up all for you from those years I had to sit on the sideline and wait. I love you. You have no idea how much."

My eyes fluttered shut, wanting to engrave everything in my memory. "I love you too." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
280K 12.3K 40
Aeryn Reynolds had a perfect day going on; her restaurant was bustling with customers and she couldn't be any happier about it until Everette Wilbros...
63.3K 5.3K 44
Infertility! A simple word but can create havoc in a woman's life. Specifically, if that said woman's husband is having an affair with his long-time...
7.7K 577 37
Aaliyah Richards has made a living writing about the way love should be. But when she meets Nathaniel Lord-business tycoon and her polar opposite-she...