Want Me Back [JenLisa]

By mandunini_

"So you're breaking up with me?" Jennie asked. Lisa slowly nodded her head, seeing with her own eyes how her... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five

ten

24K 813 413
By mandunini_

JENNIE'S POV

"Happy third, baby!" Lisa chuckled as she squirmed on her bed, slowly dozing off.

My eyes darted to Rosé, who then looked at me too. I was the one surprised because she didn't react like I expected, instead, she just gave me a small smile.

"She kept talking about you even when drunk, so I figured..."

"Oh."

I sat on the bed, unable to stop myself from trying to make Lisa sleep comfortably by removing her shoes.

"She also made me swear I wouldn't tell anyone."

I shifted my gaze back to Lisa's face, who's now sleeping heavily like a kid.

"...I guess I'll keep my promise."

"Thank you, Rosé," I gave her a genuine smile.

I knew Rosé is a nice girl. Even the fact that she had a past with Lisa, and that her presence makes me feel uneasy, I can still sense it.

Silently, went out of Lisa's room. Her eyes flew to the table that Lisa set-up for our anniversary.

"Thank you for bringing her here safely," I said, catching her attention.

"No worries," she smiles, "But that girl's weight is no joke. Didn't see that one coming."

She stretched her arm back and forth, making me laugh.

I wanted to ask her questions. Why did Lisa drink that heavily? Why tonight, of all days? And why... with her?

But I decided otherwise. I want to ask Lisa myself... when she's sober.

~

"Shit!" my eyes watered when I accidentally wounded my finger with a knife while preparing a hangover soup for Lisa.

I wrapped a small towel on it first as I turned on the stove, putting all the ingredients on the casserole.

I unwrapped the towel on my finger, my blood stains visible on the white cloth. I bit my lip while looking at the cut, it looks a bit deep.

"What's wrong?"

I froze when I heard Lisa's husky voice. She's holding her head as if it's too heavy, obviously having a bad hangover.

Her eyes narrowed on the blood stains. I quickly hid it from her, not wanting her to worry.

"Just a small cut because of my clumsiness. How are you feeling?"

I stepped closer, only to be towered by her worried face.

"Jen let me see," she slides her hand on my arm, pulling it out for her to see. She sucked in a deep breath when she saw the cut.

She shook her head, guiding me towards the sink. She turned on the faucet then put pressure on my finger as she let it bleed under the tap water.

"You should be more careful," she says from beside me, "What happened?"

"It's just a small cut," I laughed lightly, trying to brighten the mood but it's of no use, she still remained serious, "I made you a soup for your hangover."

"You didn't have to..."

I smiled at her, "I looked up the internet for that one, I don't even know how it tastes so don't thank me yet. You know I wasn't made for the kitchen."

And it's true. I don't really know my way in the kitchen so I woke up a bit early while trying to strictly follow everything in the internet.

"Baby, it's fine. You don't have to work your way to my heart through my stomach," she turns off the faucet and faces me while wrapping the other side of the towel on my wound, then smiled down on me, "Do nothing and I'll still love you endlessly, what more when you try to make an at least edible soup like this?"

I snorted,"You and your words..." I buried my smile on her chest.

She chuckled lightly, feeling vibrations on her body while she wraps me tighter into her arms.

We stayed like that for a while, even after her laugh faded. Just us, in silence, while I listened to her heartbeat.

It's fast....

"Happy anniversary, my love...." she whispers.

I gripped on her shirt as I felt my eyes moisten. I know she can feel that I'm upset, even when I try to act like I'm not.

She pulled me tighter against her body, "I love you so much Jennie. So much. I'll do everything for you."

It's odd knowing other couples would've started the day with a fight. I bet others would've started a fight already last night if they were in my shoe, but they're not us.

It's odd that we're both being emotional... and I have a bad feeling about it.

"And I'm so sorry I kept hurting you," she plants a kiss on my temple.

"I'm stupid," she adds, "Yet you're still taking care of me, even when I hurt you.... Even if you get hurt. Sometimes I ask myself, do I really deserve you?"

I know she meant every word she said, that's why it's affecting me so much.

I can't even control my tears, I'm sure Lisa can feel it against her chest and because my shoulders are shaking uncontrollably.

"I love you," she whispers again and again while caressing my back.

I didn't utter a word until I've calmed down a bit, and my eyes got tired of crying.

She swooped me off my feet gently. The next thing I know, I can feel the soft bed below me.

She pulled away, and for the first time after a while, we locked eyes.

When I looked into her deep brown eyes, I instantly knew that she cried, too.

She inched closer to me, pressing her lips on mine. I closed my eyes, none of us moving our lips, until she pulled away.

"Stay here. I'll bring us some soup," she forces a smile then leans in again to kiss my forehead before going out of the room.

I leaned on the headboard, fumbling with my fingers.

More than being upset, it makes me worry. I know Lisa planned ahead for last night. She never missed a single occasion that's important for the both of us. One way or another, we get a way to celebrate it together.

She entered carrying a breakfast table with two small bowls on it.

"You should be the one resting, you know?" I said as I sat properly, while she sat in front of me.

She smiles, pouring some soup on the bowls, "I'm fine, Jen."

We both fell silent. I tried focusing on eating like she does... but it just doesn't really sit right with me.

"So we're gonna pretend everything's alright, yeah?" I said, dropping my utensil on the tray.

She didn't even stop to look at me.

"That's it, Lisa? No explanations?"

I was supposed to be mad but my own voice betrayed me when I sounded desperate and pleading.

I really can't understand you right now, Lisa.

"This tastes good..." she mutters, eyes still not meeting mine.

I let out a low, sarcastic laugh. "I can't believe you."

I stormed off the room, pain latching on me when I realized she had no plans of following me.

For a moment I considered going back. I considered telling her that she doesn't need any explanation, that I'll keep forgiving her. That I'd be the one to say sorry, just so we won't fight.

"Fuck," I wiped off a single tear that strolled down my face while grabbing my bag.

With one last look at her bedroom door, I pulled out my gift for her and placed it on the table before heading out of her place.

~

"So how's it going there in heaven? Still hot as fuck with all that thing your girlfriend prepared last night? Oh, I bet you had a great night. I actually didn't expect you'd be up by now—" Jisoo kept blabbering the moment she picked up my call.

"Jisoo," I interrupted her.

With that one word, I know that she already sensed that something's wrong.

"Are you okay, Jen?"

"I just... I just need someone to t-talk to..." my voice broke, my sight getting blurry because of all these tears damn it.

"Hey... Hey, it's okay. I'm here. What happened?"

I told her everything in between sobs. God, I'm a mess. Jisoo has always been the first person I go to whenever Lisa and I fight, which seldom happens.

So the next morning in school, she greeted me with a tight hug.

"Still haven't talked to her?" she asks, her brows drawn together in annoyance when I shook my head, "That motherfucker."

"There she is," I mumbled, my eyes darted on a familiar car, going straight on the spot beside us.

"I'm gonna knock some sense into her," Jisoo fumes in anger.

"Chu, calm down," I looked down on my trembling fingers, "I'll talk to her. Maybe she's just going through something..."

"She's a jerk for leaving you in the dark, Jen."

"M-Mybe it's also my fault that we haven't talked properly. I mean, I left her without pushing further..."

"Oh no, no, don't you blame yourself when she's being an ass Jennie!"

I sighed, "I'm so thankful you have my back, Chu. You know that right?" I smiled at her weakly.

Her eyes suddenly softened, and as if surrendering, she nodded towards Lisa's direction, who's now climbing down her car.

"Call me if anything goes wrong, okay?"

"Okay. I will."

I saw Jisoo throw a deadly glare at Lisa before leaving, but Lisa didn't even flinch. She looks tired, though. Like she didn't have enough sleep like I did.

I looked down on her wrist, noticing that she's wearing my gift.

"It suits you well," I smiled bitterly.

"Thanks... I like it, really."

And there we go again... conversing like nothing's wrong.

Heaving a deep breath, I gathered some strength.

"Look, Lisa-"

"About that night-"

We spoke at the same time.

"Go ahead," I told her.

She pursed her lips, taking a step closer to catch both of my hands. I just let her.

I love her warmth, the way she cherishes me with her touch and her eyes. God, I missed my Lisa.

"A-Are you still angry at me?" she asks, looking down on our hands.

I cleared my throat and looked away.

"Upset, yeah. I mean, my girlfriend refuses to even tell me if something's wrong with us..." I looked away.

"I'm sorry."

"And I forgive you, Lisa, I do," I blinked away the moist in my eyes, now meeting her gaze, "But I can't keep guessing what's wrong, if I've done something wrong or not. Please, Lis, will you tell me?"

"Baby, it's all on me," she cups my cheeks, her sad eyes piercing straight through me, "I'm so sorry for making you feel that way."

"Then what?"

"Jen..."

"Were you jealous that I was with Jaebeom?"

Her jaw clenched.

"So you take revenge by drinking the night with the one person you know I'm insecure of? The one person you know I'm scared I'd lose you to? And during our anniversary, Lisa?" I couldn't help as tears pooled my eyes once again.

Her eyes glistened with tears as well as she stepped closer, "I didn't... I didn't mean to hurt you, okay? I didn't mean to get that drunk, to be with her, to ruin our day, to hurt you..."

I rested my hand on hers that are on my face.

"But you did all of that."

She bit her lower lip, as if in deep thought while staring directly at me.

"I did," she admits with a heavy heart, "I fucked up real bad, didn't I?"

I panicked when she stepped back.

"W-What are you doing?"

I watched as her stare turned cold, dull, lifeless.

I saw something in her eyes, something I'm scared to finally witness.

That moment I knew... she was trying to let go of what we have, of us.... of me.

Things have always been simple for us to make up for our complicated situation. Whenever we had problems, we instantly talk about it. Then we make up.

Then I wonder what made it different this time? Why can't we make things simple again?

"Baby, it's fine. You don't have to work your way to my heart through my stomach," she turns off the faucet and faces me while wrapping the other side of the towel on my wound, then smiled down on me, "Do nothing and I'll still love you endlessly, what more when you try to make an at least edible soup like this?"

... she said.

"You're my first love, my true love. Heck, I'd go crazy if I lose you. Fuck what or who they want for me, the only thing I'm sure of is you, us, together."

... she said.

"Babe..." she whines, pressing me tighter against her body, "I wouldn't get tired. Not ever."

I smiled down on her, tracing her pouty lips with my thumb.

"It won't always be easy," I tell her.

"Doesn't mean it will always be hard," she stubbornly responds.

It's damn hard for me right now, Lis...

"Just continue loving me, okay? I'll do the rest, all you have to do is love me. I'll do everything to make things better for us."

Why give up now, love? Why leave me fighting for the both of us?

It hurts so bad so see you like this...

"Jennie... let's break-up."

....to hear you like this.

How is this time any different? Why can't you fight for me anymore?

----

A/N: Honestly didn't expect it will take me ten chapters to somehow split them up. Thought it'll just be more or less three chapters to do this haha. Anyway, there's more to gooo! This story is just starting :))

Quick questions:

What hair color and style do you prefer for Lisa in stories?

Among male and female idols, who do you think makes a great love triangle with JenLisa in fanfics? (Aside from Kai of course hahahaha)

Do you read Jenlisa AUs in twitter? Can you recommend me good ones, please? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 551 6
They said there are only two things why past lovers are still friends. Either they are still in love, or they never were. But does that mean Jennie...
25.8K 735 19
I thought I was good enough for you. I thought you were happy with me the way I was with you. I am sorry, I couldn't see that you were hurting. I am...
61K 2.7K 9
Years after Blackpink disbanded, Lisa Manoban is unwittingly introduced to Jennie Kim in a small underground music event the latter was curating in B...
322K 6.8K 30
"Do it or you won't meet each other again!" "Let's just do it, I can't bare the thoughts of losing you." Lalisa Manoban and Jennie Kim, two best frie...