Unrequited Circumstances-Resi...

By ArchangelLady

(Read 'Under Devil's Blood' before reading this.) You are now a married woman, to a man that you couldn't se... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 2

3.3K 114 8
By ArchangelLady

Your fingers lightly ran along the cold buckles that kept your gun strapped to your thigh, your hair slightly framing your face as you kept your head down, feeling slightly irritated due to the constant rattling of the blades of the BSAA issued plane.

Usually before, it never bothered you, not even once. But you knew since you were so racked up with nervousness and anxiety, it was a result of that of the slight sickness. You were on your way to Colorado, where Chris told you Leon was located. He managed to get the information after some convincing, which made you wish you could've consulted Chris sooner for the help.

You folded your hands together in your lap while you crossed your legs, looking forward at the dull army green walls in front of you, decorated with tan netting and various ropes that held the seats attached to the walls of the plane. As excited as you were to finally see your husband, you were more nervous to meet him, and a fair amount of angry. But you kept the anger aside for now.

"I can't believe you can read a book at a time like this," Rebecca broke you from your plaguing thoughts, having you look over towards the woman as she stared at the BSAA soldier sitting across from her, holding a brown leather colored book in his black gloved hands.
"Huh?" The man looked up, too caught up in his reading to recognize that she was speaking to him.

"I guess it's one way to pass the time." Rebecca smirked a bit, seeing the man nod in agreement.

"Well, someone once said that knowledge is power."

"Francis Bacon." Rebecca pointed out, the soldier closing his book with a smile on his face. "It only takes one bullet to bring the enemy down, but with knowledge, you can defeat all evil."

You looked back at Rebecca, seeing her slowly recross her arms as she nodded, a firm smile planted on her face. You looked back down at your lap, your mind processing the soldier's words in attempts to block out the others in your mind.

"Hey," The female soldier spoke up, sitting at least a seat away from Rebecca, "Is it true what they say? You switched from Special Ops to science geek?"

You heard Rebecca hum in agreement, but you didn't bother to look up to show you were listening.

"Man," the female soldier looked away, "The BSAA's chocked full of people with wierd resumes. Bet you were pretty brainy to start with. So.. why'd you switch?"

"That's a story," Rebecca sighed, shaking her head slightly as she began to recall the events of her past, "I used to be a medic in the S.T.A.R.S unit, in Raccoon City." You picked up your head this time, looking at Rebecca with a slightly surprised look written all over your face. It's been a while since I heard of that, or even thought of it.

"I guess in a way I've always been interested in medical science. Then one day I decided to make it my duty to stop people from abusing it." Rebecca looked to the others who watched her, including you. "I thought 'Here are these corporations, run by scum, praying on the weak.' They're like a disease on humanity. I wanna find a cure, Same as Chris. The difference is, He uses his brawn, while I use my brain." Rebecca added a bit of a humorous remark at the end of her sentence, making you smile a bit in amusement.

"So brains and brawns working together to save humanity," The pilot spoke up this time, "What do you think your chances are?"

"What's that supposed to mean Damian?" Rebecca asked, making the pilot chuckle slightly. "Nothin. Just like uhh, what if this disease don't got no cure?"

This caused the first soldier, D.C., shook his head and gestured his hand out towards Rebecca. "The assholes we're after, they treat life and death like they're shooting Craps. Bunch of dicks."

"Hey," Chris peeked his head out from the cockpit, "I just realized, D.C. and Damian aren't talking about Breaking Bad for once."

"Hey!" D.C. pointed towards Chris, "Don't go there Chris!"

"Yo that shit's ahead of its time!" Damian playfully pushed Chris' shoulder, while the female soldier, Nadia, looked towards D.C. with a confirming look on her face. "It's a goddamn masterpiece."

You shared a chuckle and a smile, seeing the playful and comedic gestures everyone shared with eachother. It was a nice change of mood that lifted your mind a bit from your anxiety. You looked down and adjusted the sleeves of your navy blue button up shirt, not noticing that Nadia looked over at you, not oblivious to your silence.

"So," she asked, grabbing your attention, "How about you? Why are you coming along in this bandwagon of misfits?"

You looked at her, seeing D.C. and Rebecca's gazes all lingering towards you. You cleared your throat, tucking a few strands of hair behind your left ear. "Looking for my husband," you spoke, bringing both of your hands to your lap, "But I'm also here to help you guys, same reasons everyone shares pretty much."

"(Y/N), right?" D.C. asked, you nodding in reply.

"Is it true what they said about you? You're the one with the magic blood running through you girl?" Damian's voice came through, letting you know he was listening as well.

"Uh, that's right." You found yourself hesitantly agreeing, never quite hearing your blood being referred to as 'magical'.

"How did you get wrapped into all of this?" Nadia asked, making you slightly look towards Rebecca for a second without helping it. "I was a survivor in Raccoon City," you spoke slowly, "I escaped with some others and.. yeah, agency picked us up and gave us the job."

"Is it true what they said?" Rebecca chipped in, "All the rumors of the experiments that were done on you, is that what really happened?"

You started hesitating in these particular questions, feeling your shoulders stiffen from all eyes being on you. You took a deep breath through your nose, nodding your head slowly. "It's all true. The.. corporation, Umbrella I mean, was mainly responsible for all the experiments I was put through as a child."

"Damn," D.C. shook his head, as if the news he was being told was too unbelievable to comprehend, "A damn child. That's got to be the worst thing Umbrella's ever done, kidnap a girl and steal her childhood from her like that."

"I agree," Nadia nodded, her face showing expressions of remorse, "After all of this time, do you know what they were trying to do? Like, was it intentional that you were given the blood you have, or were they trying to create a freak show of a monster or something-"

"That's enough." Chris called from the cockpit, having all heads turn towards him, except yours. He stared at you, seeing your head bowed to the floor, your fingers in your lap as you felt rather embarrassed at the questions, and frightened from the memories it brought back to your mind.

You looked up slowly, your attention going towards Chris. Your eyes connected, his stern glare towards his colleagues softened once he stared at you, as if he was mentally asking you if you were alright.

You gave him a small smile, followed by a faint nod of your head.

"We're almost there," Damian's voice broke the silence, letting your shoulders relax, "I'd give it about ten or fifteen more minutes."

More silence followed his words, letting you lean your head back against the wall, closing your eyes as you began to think about Leon once again, wondering if he was alright. Or what he was really up to being far away from home, especially in Colorado.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Rebecca slowly spoke, having you open your eyes and look over towards her.

"I'm sorry if.. we came off as rude just now." You smiled slightly, shaking your head.

"I'm sorry too," Nadia looked at you, "It's just.. hard to believe, you know? All the pain you went through while so young."

"Yeah," D.C. nodded in agreement, "No child should have to go through that. Ever."

You found yourself smiling a bit more, feeling yourself agreeing to their statements. If you were able to look at your childhood self now, you'd wish you could've at least protected yourself from the trauma. But that was it, you were a child, their was nothing you could do.

"It's alright," you spoke, looking down at your hands, "No child should have that happen to them. But.. at least something good came out of it, you know?"

"It did." Rebecca nodded, a reassuring smile forming on her face. "The data you gave has helped out much more than you could ever think."

"How so?"

"Well, I forgot to mention this before, but I was able to create multiple test drugs to see which one could help combat against this virus that's turning people into these zombies. All tests I've done since the data was passed along has helped develop those test drugs, and one of them worked. If it wasn't for your blood (Y/N), it would've taken major setbacks to create a more capable vaccine, but I was able to create one in less than a week tops."

Your smile grew slightly bigger with each word Rebecca said, making out just what she was able to do. Knowing your data had benefited medical science and moved a step forward, it brought a warmth of pride to spread throughout your body.

"A vaccine was already made for this?" You asked, seeing Rebecca nod frantically. "Indeed, and it does work. As soon as the major corporations that help in developing vaccines start to develop duplicates and dispersing them among the infected, it can save thousands of people, depending on who needs them."

You nodded slowly, letting out a rather satisfied hum at the news. "That's all I really ever wanted," you looked towards Chris, seeing his eyes still focused on you, "To help others."

He nodded in agreement. "That's a good thing to believe in."

"The only thing left to do is to stop the man that started all of this." Chris sat back in his seat, making you wonder once again on the strange man that Chris had showed you prior. Glenn Arias, a man who's friends and family were killed due to a bomb dropping on his wedding day. The amount of rage this man must've had ever since seemed like an almost reasonable act of revenge, until it started involving the countless undead roaming the streets.

Good of a reason or not, he needed to be stopped. Regardless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 30.9K 104
A 'Pride and Prejudice' Remix. Beth Bennett, a poor girl in a fancy boarding school, faces class prejudice and romance when the school goes co-ed and...
1.9M 83.5K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
30.7K 248 30
this book is Smutt onlyπŸ”žπŸ”ž Btw I used a random generator so if they don't make sense sorry I'm trying my bestπŸ˜­βœ‹
1M 33.4K 79
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...