Where Do I Belong (a Liam Pay...

By Hattie_and_Ellie

[COMPLETED] "I've been looking for the answer to this question for so long now, but I can't find it. I mean... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen, Part One
Chapter Fifteen, Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen, Part One
Chapter Eighteen, Part Two
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Messages

Chapter Twenty-Seven

34.7K 569 131
By Hattie_and_Ellie

This was meant to be a short chapter... what the hell happened?!?! Hahaha, oh well. Hope you guys like long chapters. Enjoy lovelieeees

p.s we haven't properly proof read this just yet because we wanted to get it up and posted to you all, so we apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes

<333 H&E

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Liam's P.O.V-

The next morning, I woke up feeling fully recharged and refreshed, and for the first time in weeks, I had woken up with a smile on my face. Last night with Olivia on twitcam went just as I had hoped that it would go, and the fans really were brilliant. I could tell that they had finally made her feel accepted, and seeing her smile so care-freely just made me the happiest person on this planet.

I stumbled out of bed, attempting to fix by bed hair on the way to the kitchen for some breakfast. Haha, and guess who was already up and eating...

"Morning Li!" Niall yelled through a full mouth, bits of food nearly falling out.

"Aha, morning mate." I walked over to the counter and grabbed the orange juice and quickly put a piece of bread in the toaster. "You're up early" I said before taking a sip of the orange juice.

"I wanted first pick of the food. You seem happy yourself this morning. Normally you're all moody and don't wanna talk to anyone, kinda like Zayn."

"Oi, I heard that." Zayn grumbled as he walked into the kitchen diner rubbing his eyes, his hair a complete mess.

"Well, morning to you too mr grumpy gills." I chuckled at his expression.

"Shut up Liam, it's early."

"Well you should have stayed in bed then!" I laughed again.

"You are pretty cheerful today aren't you?" Zayn changed the subject and looked straight at me, before exchanging a look with Niall who snickered behind me.

"Yeah, so?" Was all I could say before Louis and Harry emerged from the same room, Harry in nothing but his boxers.

"Morning all!" Harry beamed at us. I couldn't help but smack my hand to my forehead as I watched Harry jump around the room pretty much naked, his curls bouncing up and down.

"Alright Haz, Lou." Niall and I smiled at them both as Zayn grumbled some more about everyone being too loud under his breath.

"So what's the plan for today then?" Niall asked as he moved on to his fourth piece of toast.

"Lads, you do remember that our break finishes today. We're back to recording for the album tomorrow..." Louis mentioned matter-of-factly rubbing his chin and then heading over to look for something to eat.

Of course! Wow, this break had gone by so quickly. But they say that time goes by when you're having fun, and I've definitely had fun with my Olivia.

"I think we should go out and play some golf! You know, a good game or two before we have hardly any free time. Plus, it would be a great excuse for some celebration golf for the reunion of the happy couple." Niall gestured at me with a grin before the others all added their own ideas and opinions to Niall's suggestion whilst I just stared at the toaster.

To be honest, nothing against the guys or anything, but I really wanted to see Olivia today. I guess I had seen her last night, and the day before that, and the day before that day, but I really just wanted to spend time with her.

I pictured her face, radiating that amount of natural beauty that I had never seen on any other woman before. And her eyes, they were so freaking beautiful. But the things that really sent me over the edge was her smile, her laugh, no wait- those lips. Those plump pink lips, so inviting, so tempting.

I knew that I was smiling stupidly as I continued to stare at the toaster, which had popped up my toast ages ago. The boys seemed to have noticed my absentmindedness as I heard the clearing of voices and chuckling behind me.

"Liam, you were staring at your toast for quite a while there." Niall giggled.

"What's on your mind mate?" Zayn added casually, but I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Oh, we all know what- or shall I say who he was thinking about." I could practically picture the wink that Harry had just given to the others as I had my back to them.

I could feel their gazes burning into the back of my head as I went to spread butter on my toast.

"Yeh? Maybe I was thinking about Olivia. Is that a crime?" I didn't mean to sound that defensive but apparently, that's what happened.

"Alright mate, calm down. It's only cos we asked you a question and you didn't reply to it." Zayn tried to calm me down, even though I didn't need calming down at all.

"Ok sorry guys. It's just, I feel like everything has finally fallen into place. I have the job of my dreams, amazing friends and family, and the perfect girlfriend." I could feel myself drifting back to my daydreaming state but was quickly disrupted by Harry's giggles.

"You're cute mate, you really are. And we're all happy for you, seriously."

"I know, I'm happy too. But... I still feel like I need to show her just how amazing I think she is." I avoided the boys' gazes as I went to bite into my toast.

"You know, she's perfect. She's gorgeous, fun, hilarious, and she bloody sings like an angel!" I continued as bits of my toast flew out of my mouth.

"Hey, doesn't she play the guitar too?" Niall spoke up, curiously looking at me. I nodded in response right before him and the others exchanged looks, nods and smiles.

"Liam, we have an idea. Hear us out." Louis said with a wide grin before Harry went on to add the rest.

"Right, all you have to do is ring Olivia and tell her to..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia's P.O.V~

The kettle clicked, letting me know that the water was boiled, and that I could now make myself some tea. I hopped up from the sofa, and skipped back over to the kitchen. In the background, the radio buzzed as I made the tea. This apartment was definitely too quiet without anyone else, I was seriously getting too used to having a lot of loud company.

As I made my way back over to the couch with my tea, I noticed my laptop on the coffee table and decided to do something that I would usually hate doing. I turned on the screen and clicked onto the Internet browser. Oh god, was I really wanting to do this?

With all the effort I had, I typed in the name of the celebrity blog that I had once checked back when things were a lot rockier between Liam and me than they were today. Phew, here we go.

I clicked on the link and waited for it to load up, and like I expected, the blog loaded with a title bearing Liam's name. "Payne's introduced his girl to the world - through Twitcam?!"

I read though the review, and honestly, it was horrible. Why did these blog writers always have to turn everything so negative and unfriendly? They made it seem that Liam and me being on Twitcam was a bad thing. It even mentioned something about Liam being too 'scared' to be with me in public, and instead, he was showing me off on the live video stream we had going last night. It also brought up some stuff about Liam and me not being in a proper relationship because we were never seen out in public together. I was actually fuming.

As I scrolled further down the page, I prepared myself to read the comments that would surely feed my anger. But to my surprise, I was met by comments that I would have never expected to read from the fans:

Jo_1Dfan: This blog is stupid. Liam loves Olivia, give him some respect!

MrsJenniferStyles: Wow, I can't believe the media is actually picking on Liam like this, Olivia is a lovely girlfriend!

PayneFreakXx: I may be completely jealous of Olivia but she is perfect for Liam, and these reviews are just annoying me so much!!!!

Lillylikesgreeneyes: OMG! What's wrong with Liam doing a freaking Twitcam with his girlfriend!?! Seriously, he can speak to his fans with her can't he?? This is so pathetic!

Carrot_queen_LaurenX: I think it's sweet that Liam let the fans get to know Olivia through Twitcam cos the only thing the media is doing is spreading crap like this around. Go die!

The comments went on forever, and out of the ones that I had actually gotten to read, I had been completely overwhelmed with a delightful warmth inside. The fans had actually been supporting us- aha, and going completely against this celebrity blog crap. Wow, I had never felt this, well, respected! These fans were amazing, and the fact that they thought I was 'perfect' for Liam and a 'lovely' girlfriend really made me feel accepted.

The anger that had been raging in me only a few seconds ago had completely been wiped away by these wonderful comments from the fans. Actually, I was glad that I had read the blog, it made me understand that no matter how long things went on between Liam and me, there would always be annoying blogs and reviews like this one. But at the same time, there would be amazing fans that supported us and backed us up no matter what.

I was knocked from my thoughts as my phone began to buzz beside my laptop on the coffee table. The caller ID said Liam causing my already visible smile to widen even further, and my heart to skip a beat. God, I was having a very good morning today.

"Morning Liam, what's up?"

"Hey Olive," wow, I didn't realise how amazing it felt to hear his voice first thing in the morning. I was so busy enjoying the sound of his velvet morning voice in my ear that I complete missed what Liam had actually been saying to me.

"Wait, what? Sorry Liam I missed that, I was kinda focusing on your voice rather than what you were actually saying." I blushed as I admitted the reason for my distraction.

"Haha, right. Well- I rang, cos... Do you wanna come golfing with the boys and me?" I heard Liam hesitate in his words, obviously he was worried about my response.

"Golf?" I mean it was a weird thing to invite me to.

"Yeah, it's kind of our last day before work starts again. We want you to come along, it would be fun, please." I could pretty much picture the puppy dog eyes that he was probably pulling as he spoke to me, and it made my stomach tingle with butterflies.

"But I'll end up knocking someone over the head with a club!" I was awful at any sport other than swimming. Seriously, I would probably kill someone.

"Olivia, that is highly unlikely. Please though, it would make me and the boys sad if you didn't come along."

"Urgh, ok then. You're all gonna regret asking me to come along though, seriously." It's as if Liam hadn't even heard my last comment as he went to cheer down the phone.

"Great! Ok, come in something comfortable and warm, it's chilly out there. But bring some spare clothes too, spare casual, comfortable clothes. We might be doing something afterwards." I heard the smile in his voice, and I recognised the chuckles of the boys in the background.

"Wait, what else are we doing?"

"Oh nothing for you to worry about. So, Lou will come pick you up in an hour or so- oh, nearly forgot, could you bring your guitar too? Er, N- Niall wants to check it out..." It sounded as if he'd added the last bit as quickly as he could, this sounded very suspicious.

"Um right, ok."

"Yeah! Ok, see you in a bit love!" I loved hearing Liam sound so happy, but I couldn't tell if I should enjoy that, or feel slightly concerned about their plans.

"Yeah, bye Liam."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So golf ey? What's the occasion?" I giggled as Louis tackled me into a hug when I met him outside the apartment.

"We're celebrating!" He shrieked playfully as he set me back down on the ground outside his car.

"Celebrating what?!" I half laughed as I watched him load my guitar into the back of the car. When I'd said that to him, he turned to face me, hands on hips, and his mouth shaped like an 'o'. Wow, he really did act like a diva.

"What? What did I do?" I held my hands up in defence as he continued to glare at me.

"We're celebrating for you and Liam!" This time he ran into me for another hug, knocking the air right from my lungs.

"Aha. But with golf? I can't play any other sport besides swimming. This is gonna be one huge fail."

"Oh stop your moaning and get in the car, we need to go pick up the boys.' Louis finally said before opening the passenger side door for me.

I sighed once in defeat and then climbed into his car.

"Aw, you're so cute!" Louis said as he started up the car, leaning over to squeeze my cheek.

"And you're so patronising." I grumbled whilst rubbing the sore mark on my cheek.

"Aha, aw you love me really."

"Whatever." I said as I began to rummage through the day bag I had brought along with me.

Louis continued to drive, humming along to the songs on the radio, as I quietly brought out my camera from the bag. I didn't want to distract him, but I really did need the pictures for memories.

"Say cheese Lou!" I laughed as I went to take the first picture of the day.

"What the heck?! Agh, my eyes!" He blinked several times and the car swerved a little before the laughter erupted from him.

"I need pictures! Plus, my mum got me this camera and I haven't used it since Venice."

"But not whilst I'm driving!! Unless you want us dead!" We both knew that this was a serious matter but neither of us could help ourselves from laughing.

"Oh well, we're both still alive." I finally said.

For the rest of the drive, we just laughed and hummed along to the radio. Even when it was quiet, it was a comfortable silence. That's what I loved about these boys. I never felt awkward with them- well, unless Harry was around making rude and cheeky remarks about Liam and me. But even he could be good company to have around. They were all so great in their own ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Right, I'll just run in and get the lads. Are you alright just waiting here a sec?" Lou was already out the car grabbing my guitar case from the back as he spoke on our arrival at the apartment.

"Erm, yeah sure. I guess I'll wait."

"Cool. I'm just gonna drop your guitar off too, you know, to make some room in the car for them fatties." Louis gave me a small smile, as I slowly nodded.

"Yeh ok. But be careful with it. I don't want any dents on my baby."

"Your baby? I thought Liam was your baby." Louis looked at me with a shocked expression before giving me a toothy grin.

"Oh shut it Lou. Just take care of it alright? Niall would understand how scary it is to leave someone with your guitar." I said rolling my eyes.

"You don't trust me with it?!" And the diva returned.

"Lou, of course I do! Now hurry up already. Go get 'em." He threw me one last grin before he clambered away with my guitar and disappeared into the apartment block.

It was quiet enough without Lou for me to actually think my thoughts to myself for once. But one question still spun around in my head the most. Why on earth would Niall want my guitar? I couldn't really figure it out. Yeh, he had an interest in them, well, he played one, but still. God, I hope he didn't expect me to play something in front of him. That would be humiliating. I think the only person to ever see, or even hear me play was Liam. But that was in Venice, just after I'd made out with him, and sure enough, the adrenaline from that had given me enough courage to pick it up and play.

I was just about to go even deeper with my theories about my earlier question, when I was suddenly distracted by a chorus of childish squeals and cheers. As I turned in the passenger seat to look behind and out the window, I noticed the five familiar figures skipping, running and jumping towards the car. How on earth did they have so much energy?!

"Hey Oliviaaaa!!" Harry beamed as he made his was into the car, followed by Niall, Zayn and then Liam.

"Hi Harreee! Hi guys!" Niall and me high-fived each other, and Zayn nodded at me with a handsome grin.

I turned to face Liam, and as usual, I was left forgetting to breath. His warm eyes bore into mine and I could feel myself melting under his gaze. He was just so perf-

"God you two! Stop having sex with your eyes!" Harry yelled, his remark met by an elbow to the stomach from Liam.

Liam and I exchanged one last awkward glance before Louis jumped into the drivers seat and the car sped off down the road in the direction of the golf course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, you guys actually dressed up for golf. I look so out of place."

When we finally arrived at the course, we all clambered out of the car, and that's when I noticed what everyone was actually wearing. Here I was, in my grey skinny jeans and denim shirt, casual and comfortable like Liam had told me to wear, and there they were, all in their golfing gear and attire. Each of them wore smart cream trousers, and a coloured polo. Harry in black, Niall in white, Zayn in navy, Louis in stripes, and Liam in red. They were all dressed for the game, why did I have to feel, and be, so out of place?

"You look perfectly fine love." Liam pulled me to him by the waist, and embraced me in a short but comforting hug.

"Yeah, now who wants to play some golf!?" The rest of the boys cheered loudly before making a run to the first stage on the course.

Liam handed me a golf club and gave me a knowing smirk, "don't worry, I'll teach you." Then he held out his hand, and both of us ran hand in hand to catch up with the others.

"I'll show all of you amateurs how to do it right." Harry boasted as he took his first shot. Even though I wasn't a fan of golf or knew much about it, I could tell that this was a good hit. But it wasn't quite a hole in one. Zayn and Niall choked back their laughs, causing Harry to pipe up a little. "Shut up! I'd like to see you guys do better." He folded his arms like an annoyed child as Louis went over to hug him.

"Shhh it's alright," he comforted.

"Ok, my turn." Niall jogged over and got into position. He looked confident... Maybe a little too confident. As he went to take his first hit, we'd expected to see the little white golf ball flying though the air. But that never happened. Instead, it remained still on the ground, right where he'd set it in the first place.

"Hah! You missed!" Harry jumped in the air and pointed dramatically at the golf ball next to Niall's feet.

"Ur, I - I was warming up. I meant to do that." Niall quickly mumbled before he went to take another, and this time successful, shot.

Zayn, and Louis both had their shots, and to be honest, neither did as well as Harry, and that pleased him very much.

"Olivia's turn." Louis exclaimed as Liam went to place the ball on the ground for me.

"Right, here's how you do it." Liam gestured for me to stand right in front of him as he towered over me from behind and placed his hands over mine. His movements affected mine, and together, we swung the club above our heads and back down, sending the ball over the course.

I would have thought that with Liam helping me, I would have made a good hit. But really, the contact we shared made my arms turn to jelly, and only Liam was doing the work. The ball slipped down a bank until it was out of site.

"Ah, erm. You're ball went out of the course." Liam chuckled softly in my ear, his hands still over mine.

I could hear the boys holding back their laughter, obviously not wanting to offend me.

"Yeah, this definitely isn't my sport." I forced myself to say, after I had been left breathless by Liam standing over me. He chuckled once more in my ear and slowly unwound his arms from around me. I shot the boys embarrassed looks before handing over my club to Liam and quickly pecking him on the cheek so that I could go and watch from the side.

Liam lined up his ball and readied himself before taking a hit. I watched how the muscles in his arms had flexed and tensed as he concentrated, and the crease that his brow made was adorable.

The ball was sent flying down the course and in the same direction as Harry's ball, but Liam's aim was a lot more accurate.

"Hole in one!" He jumped as the others, including myself cheered.

"No fair! Olivia gave you a lucky kiss!" Harry referred to the little kiss that I had left on his cheek earlier.

"Don't be jealous Harry. He's just skilled." Zayn said back.

"Aha, I'm sure Olive's kiss had something to do with it." I hadn't expected to hear that, but Liam agreed with Harry's comment and came over to stand by me, pulling me into a hug as the others continued with the game.

I had taken out my camera and had began to take a few snaps of the game, the boys hadn't noticed either, so each photo was a completely natural shot. Every picture seemed pretty amazing, but that's just because the boys were all so photogenic, and I envied that.

It was Lou's turn again, and I loved the faces that he would pull when he started to focus. Swiftly, I went for my camera and began to take pictures of his scrunched up face, but the sound of my shutter didn't go unheard.

"Oh my god! Did you hear that?! The paparazzi followed us!!" Louis threw his club in the air and ran to hide behind Harry.

"No it can't be. We only decided to do this today, no one knows where we are." Liam tried to logically piece things together as Harry comforted Louis.

Guess I had to own up then. "Um guys," I went on to say, "I've kind of been taking photos of you all..." I brought out the camera from my bag and dangled it in front of them. "Not to freak you out though, I just wanted the memories." I felt guilty, and looked over at them apologetically, but none of them looked mad. Actually, they were all smiling.

"Well why didn't you say so!? I could have posed!" Harry beamed.

"Shit, my hair's probably a mess." Zayn mumbled under his breath.

"Oh yeah! You took a photo of me earlier! I forgot." Louis looked at me with a wide smile and went back over to pick up his club so he could continue with his go. "Just remember to get my good side Olivia." The boys and I all laughed once and then quietened ourselves so that Louis could take his hit.

In the distance, something grumbled faintly, but heavily, causing Louis to whip his head round from his focus on the golf ball still next to his foot. "Guys shut up, and Olivia, no photo taking right now, I need to concentrate." We all went to object but didn't bother, instead, we just continued to wait.

Louis' club came down hard on the ball, and a split second before that, another rumble sounded, this time slightly louder... and maybe even closer. The ball went spinning off of the course and into one of the sand banks.

"Damn it guys! I told you to be quiet!" Louis yelled as he turned around to face us.

"But we didn't say anything!" Niall defended.

As soon as those words left his mouth, a third rumble ripped through the sky, and all of us looked up. The sky had gotten increasingly darker, and the thick threatening clouds has rolled in, making the golf course around us a lot less friendly and comfortable as it had seemed before. Something wet landed on the tip of my nose, and just then, I had watched one raindrop, then a second raindrop, a third, then another, and another, fall from the sky. The heavens had opened.

Within a matter of seconds, the overhead sun had been engulfed by the monstrous clouds above, and the rain pelted the ground mercilessly. A strong wind had also built up, and the gusts blew water in all directions. I heard Zayn whimper something about his hair as Liam grabbed my hand and led me away. The others had gathered their things, and all of us stumbled through this downpour and head straight for the shelter of the car.

"Who was meant to check the weather forecast for today then?" I joked as we all piled into the car.

All I heard were a few groans and complaints in response as Louis quickly got into the drivers seat. "Ok, I think that's enough golf for today. Let's head back." Louis shook his head like a wet dog, sending beads of water everywhere.

"Haha, well I don't think there's any point in heading back out into that thing." I laughed, gesturing to the scene outside. I mean, what the hell had happened to the weather? Yes, this was London, but things never came this unexpectedly. All I knew was that I needed to change out of these sodden clothes as soon as I got back to my apartment, otherwise I was definitely in for a cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo, what's gonna happen next then?? Why do you think Liam asked Olivia to bring extra clothes? Oh, and why did he want her to bring her guitar? Does any of this seem strange to you guys? Let us know your thoughts and ideas!!

Anyway, we didn't expect this to be such a long chapter when we'd said at the end of the last one that we would be shortening them down, ahah. Woops. But we still hope that you liked it.

Please vote and comment, we're nearing the end of this story, and it was be great to see what you guys have to say and stuff before the story is actually complete, so come on, comment something!!

Thanks for reading guys, oh and did you see those pictures on the side of Niall, Harry & Liam playing golf >>>> cute huh? ;)

Hehe, so, until next weekend's update, love you all, and thanks for the support! Hattie & Ellie xxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

ZERO By Mimi

Fanfiction

1.7K 574 29
Nina gets obliged to move from her home town. Leaving her family, friends and most importantly football team behind. After being the captain of her...
57.1K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
53.3K 1.9K 47
[this is the story of my happily ever after. and don't worry, it's definitely a fun one.] - ❝I will love you until the end of time, and then even l...