HILL VALLEY ยน, back to the fu...

By circa1985

" ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š. . . " ยทหš๐Ÿ›นโšก๏ธ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ... More

๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐•๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐˜
๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰๐’Š๐’„ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’“๐’š
i. skatepark buddies
ii. born to lose
iii. the outcasts
iv. arcade deception
v. jealous guy
vi. you don't own me
vii. summer of '85
viii. young lust
ix. sneaky feelings
x. tardy slip
xi. world's second time-travelers
xii. red letter date
xiii. learnin' the game
xiv. a many splendored-thing
xv. man from space
xvi. roll over beethoven
xviii. stupid cupid
xix. tender trap
xx. pink shoe laces
xxi. just a fool
xxii. a fool in love
xxiii. save the clock tower
xxiv. lone pine mall
xxv. lightning never strikes twice

xvii. you can never tell

1.5K 57 41
By circa1985

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕨𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕝𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕗𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕚𝕖 𝕝𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕟 & 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕤

ONCE THE TEENAGERS were back at Doc's garage, Marty opened the door to have him and Amanda faintly make out the video from the night they went back in time being continuously rewinded on the television as they slowly walked in. Exchanging a similar look to one another before going in any deeper they were able to now see Doc perched close to the television set with the tape being played. "Doc?" Amanda asked concerned to have him look up to them with a guilty expression on his face.

"Amanda, Marty. I didn't hear you two come in." He held the video camera tightly in his hands before placing it on top of the television set again as if trying to seem inconspicuous, "Fascinating device this video unit."

Marty looked to him worried. "Listen, Doc." He looked back to Amanda as to silently seek a form of confirmation to tell him about the events of that night on October 26th, 1985. She folded her arms and nodded to have him continue to speak to the Doc. "Y'know, there's something we haven't told you about the night we made that tape."

"Please Marty, don't tell me. No man should know too much about his own destiny," Doc said immediately and focused his attention instead on a wire that had been fashioned to run out of the Delorean.

"But you don't understand?"

"I do understand. If I know too much about my own future, I could endanger my own existence." He turned back to Marty seriously in reference to the mistake he'd made serving as some sort of example of 'what not to do when time-traveling'. "Just as you have endangered yours."

Marty and Amanda to have her notice him beginning to grow irritable over their friend's lack of care towards bettering the outcomes that were, for now, set in stone. "You're right. We understand," She said instead before this escalated any further. Doc then tightened his hand around Marty's shoulder to shift the conversation away to a model beside them.

"Now then, let me show you my plan for sending you kids home." He motioned over to a fine job of a model of the Hill Valley courthouse square. The intricacies of the set design fascinating Amanda as she let down to examine the amount of effort that seemed to be put into it. "Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it."

Thinking that the model was done more than exceptionally well, Amanda smiled at the fact Doc thought it to be anything but. "It looks good."

"Oh thank you, thank you." He positioned himself to motion to the cable now fashioned running from the the clock tower. "Okay, now we run some industrial strength electrical cable from the top down, suspending it over the street, between these two lamp posts. Meanwhile, we out-fitted the vehicle with this big pole and hook which runs directly into the flux-capacitor."

He stepped away from the model to continue his plans to execute the plan he'd calculated and drawn out. "At the calculated moment, you start off from down the street driving toward the cable execrating to eighty-eight miles per hour. According to the flyer, at 10:04 pm lightning will strike the clocktower sending one point twenty-one gigawatts into the flux-capacitor, sending you both back to 1985." Doc handed Amanda the miniature car to grab some jumper cables held off to the side. "Alright now, watch this. You wind up the car and release it, I'll simulate the lightning."

"Ready, set—" Amanda placed the car down onto the miniature street model at that instance. "Release." The car sped up instantaneously on the track, the jumper cables being attached onto the rods of the cables causing enough power to have the small car catch on fire once colliding. It continued to drive off into trash can with ease, creating another fire with it as a result. Doc gasped and quickly grabbed something to extinguish the flames.

Marty chuckled under his breath. "You extol me with a lot of confidence, Doc."

"Big word there, blue. You have a dictionary underneath that jacket," Amanda teased to have him roll his eyes and shove his friend over the jab she made.

Oblivious to the way they acted, as he would always be even in 1985, Doc carried on to putting the fire extinguisher back to where it was. "Don't worry, I'll take care of the lightning you just take care of your pop." Doc then turned to them attentively. "By the way, what happened today. Did he ask her out?"

Marty nodded persistently. "Uh, I think so."

Doc then eyed Amanda to notice she had a different interpretation of the events as she looked over to Marty awkwardly. "Well, about that. I think we might've seen things differently."

A knock started on the garage door as the three of them turned towards it confused. The teens exchanged a glance to one another as Doc made his way over to see who it was deeply confused considering he also wasn't expecting anybody to drop by. "It's your mom, she's tracked you down. Quick! Cover the time machine."

Grabbing the sheet that was meant to cover the Delorean, Marty looked over to Amanda worried. Considering he had heard the conversation from afar, his friend was instead perched front and center to the whole ordeal. "I saw my dad talking to Lorraine?"

"Yeah, but you didn't see him struggle to get an actual word across her way that didn't seem like nonsense," She explained to him and heaved a deep breath over the skateboard incident replaying in her head, "Or had to watch you the knight in shining armor bit you wanted to play today."

He grinned over her choice of words despite her obvious disapproval. "You didn't like it?"

"When did you ever take me as being someone who would?" She joked to laugh over the banter that had started between them.

Doc went over to open the door, Lorraine stepping in nervously to look over to Marty as her now cooly leaned against the Delorean to watch them curiously. "H-Hi Marty." She looked over briefly to Amanda before drifting her attention back to him.

"Lorraine, uh, how did you know I was here?"

"I followed you."

Amanda tried not to scoff under her breath at her boldly admitting this while Marty motioned over to Doc awkwardly. "Oh this my Doc." Realizing this would make no sense to her, he corrected himself. "I mean, my uncle! Doc. . . Brown." The two introduced themselves to one another as Lorraine looked over to Amanda confused as to why she would be here too. "You know, Amy."

Being unfazed by her being here stopping much of her attempts to gain his attention, she only smiled over to the girl. "It's good to see you again."

"Yeah, you too Lorraine."

Lorraine then continued to make her way close to Marty, Doc looking to him for answer as to why she was here for him from behind her. Seeing as he didn't have one himself the fact his mom was openly coming onto him proved to make it hard to not want to outright run off and away from having to live with this any longer. "Uh Marty, I may seem a little forward—" She paused for a second to look down to the floor nervously. "But I was wondering if you would ask me to the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance on Saturday?"

Marty only laughed over her asking this. "Uh, you mean nobody's asked you?

"No, not yet." Doc looked over to Amanda questioningly as she raised her arms in defense.

"What about George" Marty tried to steer her attention back to who it should be at in the first place.

"George McFly? Oh, he's kinda cute and all, but, well-" Lorraine continued to teasingly go up to Marty, closing the distance between them to make him noticeably uncomfortable. "I think a man should be strong, so he could stand up for himself, and protect the woman he loves. Don't you?"

Marty coughed over this awkwardly to nod in agreement, while Amanda tried her best to not laugh over the scene that had begun to unfold. Lorraine left soon after this to leave Doc looking to him worried over the severity of the situation. "Look I'll fix this! I'll head over to George's place tomorrow morning and settle this all out," Marty explained.

Doc sighed. "For your sake, I hope you get this settled sooner than later." He uncovered the Delorean again, picking up the tools off to the side. "I'm going to get back to some adjustments."

Leaving Doc back to his solitude in the garage, the pair walked back up to the house on their own. "Well- So much for that plan," Marty muttered under his breath, frustrated.

"Hey-" Amanda stopped him for a second to attempt to bring back his spirits. "We've still got plenty of time? It's still not too late."

He nodded in agreement, swinging his arm with her hand in his. "Guess you and I will be going to a dance with each other before we even head back."

"Last I checked McFly, you're deciding to bring your mom to the dance," Amanda joked, laughing hysterically at the amount of annoyance he had over the joke, "Besides this I don't think I'd ever even see you at a school dance."The mention of this brought back Marty's thoughts to the band's audition to play at the school dance that was coming up soon. He had already set in his mind who he'd be asking had they'd not gotten rejected so easily, his friend now being oblivious to the remembrance he now had.

Amanda opened the door up to Doc's house, turning back to see Marty running his hands through his hair for a moment in thought. Recognizing this as one of his ticks she tilted her head to him questionably. "Well, I was going to go to the dance the band and I had planned to play at before we got knocked down so quickly. I'd probably still go." He looked up to her for a moment with a cheeky grin. "Not very punk of you to be at a school dance either, Amy."

"Punk is a state of mind. I can still be punk and go to a dance. Not like I'm accepting the system just being around friends." She leaned against the bannister and shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, gives me an excuse to try and spike another punchbowl at a school event. Never wanna miss such an opportunity."

Marty laughed at the joke, looking past her to the clocks on the wall. "Doc told us it was better for us to stay in the house at all costs, y'know." She raised a brow to him, waiting patiently for him to say something otherwise. "Sure, we'll be back before he notices."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

TAKING THE TREK to the hilltop Marty knew out of familiarity from their Hill Valley, Amanda stepped off the bikes they had grabbed from the closet of the house to see the sun still making a slow set. "Would you look at that."

He turned over to notice the colors reflected in her eyes and sighed in content over the image of her. Taking his arms he extended them out to step over and hold her close a second. "Guess some things can still look the same." Standing there this way without being bothered by their close proximity, Marty took out the photograph he had of his siblings.

The image now showed his brother completely missing along with his sister now beginning to fade away as well. His eyes were fixated on this in worry for the nerves to ensue again. The thought of so easily disappearing from reality terrified him, the struggle of handling his emotions only worsening with this new and large bump in the road.

Being too engrossed by the view, Amanda failed to notice her friend noticeably tense and pouted over the sight. "If you keep looking at it, it's not gonna make you feel any less at better."

He tucked the photograph back into his pocket as soon as she spoke. "It just might if I do it enough." The situation they were in wasn't easy and the teenagers were both way too young to be caught up in all of this, but here they were. With Marty's future on the line to count it all out. Sighing to himself, he knit his brows together to continue to vent to her. "If I disappear—"

"You won't disappear, stop saying if."

"It's still a possibility as of now, Amanda." She shut my mouth slowly after the response to frown at the thought of him actually being gone. "There's a lot I could be missing out on for all I know."

She nodded understandingly as he held her hand tightly. "But if you keep dwelling on everything that could go wrong Marty, you're never gonna be able to get yourself out." Looking to him seriously, he was taken aback by her sudden passionate emotion over his reflections. "If you were to never have existed and I go back to a Hill Valley I know you were a part of. . .I might as well just have gone off as nothing but a mere fluke in reality too. You have to think about it from your usual optimistic perspective; just put your mind to it."

The amount of worry Amanda has for Marty at time took away most of her energy at times, the events they got caught up in making it worse. She was used to having to calm him down to not get into another fight with Needles or getting him out of his usual rut if he ever felt he wasn't good enough for anything. The role of being there to guide him out of a dark place was something she'd become an expert in. It was the reason why Marty cared about her so much to begin with. He knew no one could understand him as well as she could, just as he too knew her better than anyone could even try to.

He smiled fondly to her and shook his head. "You can rephrase it all you want doe eyes, I know you're quoting Doc. But you always do tend to be more rational than me." Amanda nodded at the comment and turned her attention back to the sunset again. "Say we get back."

"When we get back," She corrected him.

Marty stopped in the midst of his proposal to have her look up to him confused. He'd been cut short in his invitation after the audition and now was about as best a time as any without anything to interrupt them. "Well, you know I was heading out camping that weekend before-before well everything. And I was working up on trying to see if you'd want to come with me?"

Stopping for a second, taken aback by the offer, Amanda continued to question his intentions. "What with the boys? Sure, sounds—"

"No-" Marty shrugged his shoulders innocently. "Just me and you."

Blushing for a moment out of embarrassment, Amanda cleared her throat to try to cover it up. "Well, sure. I think that'll be, alright. I mean, you and I are friends after all."

"Amy-" She stopped her rambling to have him look to her, Marty earnestly hoping for her to catch on by now with the tender look in his eyes. "You know I don't mean it that way."

Before she could find the right words to say, cars began to slowly come to the spot they were in as nightfall was bound to hit soon enough. "C'mon, we should head back before Doc notices we've gone," Amanda said to avoid the situation and give him an actual response. Marty nodded in agreement, understanding this well enough to not continue on with the topic.

"Sure-Sure. Yea, let's head back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 32.7K 120
๐’ฆ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฆ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น๐“‡๐“‡๐’ถ, ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡๐“Ž ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‡๐“ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‚ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’น, ๐“‚๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐’ฏ๐‘’๐’ฟ๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐“Œ๐’พ...
691 13 9
In the modern day of 2023, 38 years after the events of Back to the Future, a new generation of time travelers arrive in Hill Valley. I'll be writing...
17.7K 733 25
" ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™–๐™™ ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™› ๐™ž๐™› ๐™„ ๐™™๐™ž๐™™. " ยทหš *๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿ”ญ...
18.6K 648 16
" ๐™ฌ๐™š'๐™ง๐™š ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™›๐™ž๐™ญ ๐™ž๐™ฉ, ๐™„ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช " ยทหš *๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ”Ž ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—น ๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ( ๐Ÿฎ / ๏ฟฝ...