In a distance or up close, I'...

By MigyTheWorld

Read to find out. More

Character Sheet
Log In
Character sheet 2
Medal hunt
The Bladed Devil
Kaede and Taiyou
The Guild that broke the game
Can I ask you guys something?(Not a chapter)
Onwards!
Beach Day... sort off
Character Sheet 3
Q and A with Taiyou and Marika
A Bond of friendship
Before the storm
the annoyance return
Filler (Actors A.U)
Character sheet 4
Let the war begin
A Short Preview
The School Festival part 1: Filler

Ryudo vs Valkyria

4.2K 79 63
By MigyTheWorld

No PoV

The classroom was silent, everyone waiting for that final bell to ring so that they can rest their tiered minds, each tik seemed like an eternity, everyone was focused on their test but was patiently awaiting the sweet sound of release.

-RIIIIIIIIIING!-

The bell went off and everyone sighed in relief, well not everyone.

"Ahhh we're finally done!" A boy with brown hair said with a smile.

"Yeah, seemed like the bell will never ring, right Taiyou-kun." A girl with short black hair said with a smile.

"Yeah, hey what did you get for question 7 Kaede-chan?" Taiyou said with a smile.

"Hmmm... what was question 7 again?" The girl named Kae asked.

"When did the Taisho era began and end." Taiyou said.

"Oh yeah, I wrote 1868 to 1912." She said with a confident smile.

"Ummm... Kaede... thats the Meijin era... the Taisho era was from 1879 upto 1926." Taiyou said with a smile.

"... Dang it I knew the answer I wrote down seemed fishy to me... well that doesn't really matter now does it, whats important is that exams are finally done and we can finally relax a bit!" Kaede said with a smile.

"Yeah... oh shoot, sorry Kaede I need to go home now, my mom said she had errands she needed me to run, lets hang out with Risa next time." I said as I stood up and ran out the room not waiting for Kaede to respond.

A few hours later

I did some grocery shopping for my mom for a few hours and did some chores around the house, the current time is 6:12 in the afternoon and I am ready to hop back in NWO.

"So are you ready to play with your big sis." She said with a smile.

"Yeah... oh wait I dont know what you look like in-game." Taiyou said.

"Dont worry about it, I'll be waiting for you near the fountain at the center of the town, so dont keep me waiting." Marika said as she went to her room.

Taiyou also did the same as he went to his room to get everything set up.

After a few minutes Taiyou was finally done setting his gear up and finally logged in-game.

In-game
Ryudo PoV

"Ok so sis told me to meet her at the fountain... oh but first let's distribute some SP." i said as I opened my Status screen to distribute all 140 of my SP.

**
Status sheet:
HP: 250/250
MP: 200/200
ATK: 280 (+200)
VIT: 12 (+10)
AGI: 265 (+190)
INT: 245 (+160)
DEX: 190 (+110)
**

"Wow my stats are looking great, now lets see if I can find that sister of mine." I said as I began to walk towards the fountain.

A few mins. Later

I finally arrived at the fountain and saw a female knight with long blond hair and shiny looking armour, she seemed to be waiting for someone... no it cant be... lets test it out, I then walked up to her.

"Can I help you?" She asked me.

"... Camel, Elephant, Eagle, Lizard..." I began.

"... The four giant beast that represents the scalding desert, Vast ocean, Infinite sky, and molten volcano all come together with the signal of the divine sword... glad to see you made it lil bro." She said as she turned around to lok at me.

"Glad you still remember our signal sis." I said as I walked towards her.

"Ofcourse I remember... so what should I call you?" She asked me.

"Call me Ryudo here." I said with a smile.

"Very well, its nice to meet you Ryudo, I am the 2nd in-command of the guild 'The kingdom of the Flame Emperor' my name is Valkyria, its great to meet you." She said.

"Wow you sound so dignified, too bad its only here in the game." I said with a smug smile.

"Oh dont start with me, I am still your older sister so give me proper respect." She said with a pout.

"Yeah yeah... so Why'd you even call me here?" I asked her.

"Cant a sister just want to play a great game with her little brother?" She said.

"Normally yes but with you there is always a hidden agenda behind it, so spill, what do you want?" I said.

"-sigh- You know me too well... fine then." She said as she pressed a few panels and a text box appeared infront of me.

===
Notification

You [Ryudo] have been challenged by player [Valkyria] to a 1 vs 1 match.

Will you accept?

[Yes] [No]
===

"You want me to fight you... but aren't you like 3 levels higher than me?" I said with concern.

"Its only 3 levels, thats not much of a difference." She said.

"Yes that is true but I only started playing a day ago, I dont even know what all my skills can do, could you at least let me test out my skills before you go and challenge me?" I said.

"-sigh- Fine I'll cancel the duel request, BUT we will still fight today, I'll give you 2 in-game hours to get ready, we'll meet back here by then to have our duel, is that ok with you?" She asked me.

"None of this sounds fair to me... but still, if its a fight you want then its a fight you'll get sis!" I said as I turneyaround and walked towards the forrest.

Forrest area.

I was currently in the forrest area trying out the skills I have acquired yesterday.

"Ok lets try out the first skill... [Ghostly Dragon Fire]!" I yelled and my fist was then engulfed in a pale blue flame, I then punched towards a giant boulder and a blue dragon made of flames rushed towards the boulder and caused it to explode.

"Wow that was so cool... and its also guaranteed to either burn or curse the target, thats sooooo awsome." I said with a triumphant smile.

"Ok lets see what other skill I have." I said as I began my little test.

1 and a half hours later

"Ok I tested almost everything out and I seemed to have a grasp of all the skill I have, the gauntlet forms seemed to have different effects and the form [Mephisto] could only be used for 7 mins. a day... thats fine though I still have alot of great skills, lets hope this is enough to beat the 2nd in command of an entire guild." I said as I teleported bact to town.

I was currently walking towards the fountain when I saw 2 girls walking towards the forrest, one of them was the same girl that helped me yesterday, I believe her name was maple, and the other one was a brown haired girl wearing beginners gear, I then smiled and ran towards them.

"Hey Maple." I said with a smile.

"... Ahhh its Ryudo, hey hows it going." She asled with a smile.

"Do you know him Maple?" The brown haired girl asked.

"Yeah, I helped him find his way to the forrest yesterday, glad to see you found great gear, oh right this is my friend Sally." She said.

"Nice to meet you." Sally bowed.

"And to you as well, also thank you again for yesterday Maple, it really helped me out, so where are you 2 off to?" I asked them.

"Were off to the underground river south of the town, they said we can find rare materials there, how about you, where are you headed?" Maple asked.

"I'm meeting up with my sister, she challenged me to a fight." I replied.

"Are you sure thats a good idea, what level is your sister anyway?" Sally asked.

"She's level 38." I said nonchalantly.

"And what level are you? Like level 10?" She asked.

"No... I'm level 35." I said as I showed them my status screen.

"WHAT HOW'D YOU LEVEL UP SO FAST!?" Both girls screamed.

"I defeated a 2 monsters at the same time... can you even call it defeating them?... no its more like I just waited for them to kill each other and swoop med in for the final attack." I said with an awkward smile.

"Wow but... how'd you level up so fast, even if you defeated 2 bosses at once you should'nt have sly rocketed to level 35 that fast." Sally said.

"Turns out both bosses have a special condition to them, if you defeat the boss the amout of EXP you get doubles, so thats why I became lv. 35 so fast." I replied.

"Ohhhh that sounds cool, where can we find the bosses?" Maple asked.

"Thats the thing... I dunno." I replied.

"What?" Sally questioned.

"You see I fell down a trap hole and fell into the boss lair... but the 2nd time I went there to try and fight them again the hole was completely gone." I said.

"Did you check the correct spot?" Maple asked.

"Yes I did, I marked it on my map just in case, but... the hole wasn't there, I believe the bosses I fought were one-time bosses that once a player defeats they get removed from the game." I said.

"That makes sense... with monsters that boosts the amount of EXP you get players will definitely grind their way to the top." Sally said.

"I doubt that, you see there is another special condition on those bosses... and that is when you die in their lair... your skills, armour, and level are all reset and you return to being a level 1." I said which shocked both of them.

"Wow thats a harsh condition." Sally said

"Yeah... and the boss monsters were no joke either, I thought I was actually gonna die yesterday, but lady luck haven't given up on me... oh look at the time, see you girls around." I was about to walk off but was stopped by Maple.

"Hey wanna add each other as friends?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah good idea Maple, so do you wanna add us Ryudo?" Sally asked.

"Sure thing!" I said with a smile as we added each other to our friends list.

"Well see you guys around." I said as I ran towards the fountain.

Fountain area

"YOUR LATE!" My sister screamed at me with her arms crossed.

"I told you we would meet here after 2 hours, and you arrived 45 mins. late, I told you a thousand times never make a lady wait, so what do you have to say for yourself little brother!" My sister said annoyed that I was late.

"I'm sorry." I hung my head low.

Everyone around us then began looking at the scene and began to whisper amongst themselves.

"... Oh come on dont be like that, your making me look like I'm the bad guy." She said.

"Sorry." I said once again.

"Lets just forget about this and begin our fight." She said with a smile.

"Ok sis." I said with a smile.

She then pressed a few panels and the request for a 1 vs 1 fight showed up again.

===
Notification

You [Ryudo] have been challenged by player [Valkyria] to a 1 vs 1 match.

Will you accept?

[Yes] [No]
===

This time I pressed [Yes] and we were instantly transported to a giant arena.

[The battle will begin in 10 seconds, please prepare for combat.]

The computer said as both me and my sister took out stace.

"Hey how about we make a bet, loser buys the winner 1 new equipment." My sister said.

"Sure thing." I said with a smile.

3
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
1
.
.
.
LETS GO AHEAD!

My sister was the first one to charge in, she had her sword in one hand and her shield in the other, she looked like she was aiming for a piercing attack so I side stepped and kicked her on the gut that sent her flying back.

Before she can land I decided that this fight would go my way if I didn't let her have enough time to think, so I used my weapons skill.

"Gauntlet change... [Diablos]!" I said as I was engulfed in flames and my gauntlets changed forms into a more bronze like material with flames erupting from its side.

(Art not mine, also ignore the name.)

My gauntlets have unique effects that only activates when they are transformed, the special effect of [Diablos] is that every flame based attack gets a 60% boost and cost less to cast, it also has the added effect of boosting my speed by x2.

"[Ghostly Dragon Fire]!" I yelled as my fist was engulfed in blue flame, I then punched forward and like before a Ghostly dragon made of blue flames rushed my sister, however unlike before the flames were bigger and the dragon looked more menacing than last time.

The Flaming dragon then reached my sister and exploded sending her further back, I didn't want to give her time to thing so I used another gauntlet skill.

"Guntlet change [Automata]!" I yelled as my gauntlets began to shine and change taking the form of a crimson red gauntlets with spikes protruding from its arms.

(Credits to the owner.)

"Skill [Entangling Shadows]!" I yelled as shadowy arms erupted from the ground and grabbed my sister.

"[Shadow Spiral]!" I activated another skill, this time an attack skill that sent a spiralling shadow towards my sister.

"Were not done yet, [Shadow dragon Impact]." A dragon made of shadows the flew down from the sky and crashed towards my sister creating a massive dust cloud around the arena.

"Did I win?" I asked.

"Not yet bro." I heared my sister call out, my eyes soon went wide as I saw her standing with a smile.

"How'd you survive that?" I questioned.

"I used my skill [Divine Protection] to block your attacks, and I also used [Queen's Benevolence] to increase my defense." She said with a confident smile.

"Now I believe its my turn to attack, [Kings Anguish]!" She yelled as she was engulfed in green light.

"This skill increases the potency of my magic attack, now lets finish this with one attack [Odin's Rath]!" She yelled as thunder could be heared from above, and before I knew it I was hit by lightning.

No PoV

"Now that should do it." Valkyria said with confidence.

"Not yet!" A voice called out, it was Ryudo and in his arm was another form of his weapon.

"Gauntlet change... [Covira]." He said with a smile as he used the silver and green gauntlets to block the lightning attack.

(Art not mine, credits to the owner.)

"You've got to be kidding me." Valkyria said with a shocked look in her face.

"It was a nice attempt sis, but [Covira] here can absorb and covert any electrical based attack into mana." Ryudo said as sparks began ro form aroun his fist.

"And you just gave me alot of mana to burn away... [Lightning Dragon Javelin]!" Ryudo yelled his skill as he threw a javelin made of electricity while a Dragon made of pure electricity trailed it.

However before the Javelin can reach Valkyria it suddenly vanished confusing both Ryudo and Valkyria.

"Eh, What happened?" Valkyria askes.

[Time is up... Duel conclusion... the battle is a draw, bot fighter will now return.]

Suddenly both Valkyria and Ryudo were transported back into the town.

"Well now... that ending was certainly anticlimactic." Ryudo said with a smile.

"It wasn't the ending I wanted but I'll take a draw rather than a defeat any day." Valkyria said with a smile.

"How could you be sure that you could have lost?" Ryudo asked.

"Because my skill [Divine Protection] already ran out, that skill can only be used 5 times a day and I already used 2 of it during a raid earlier and 3 times in our fight, so if that [Lightning Dragon Javelin] was able to hit me... you would've won for sure." Valkyria said with a smile.

"Thanks but you were no slouch either big sis, it was a close fight." Ryudo said with a smile.

"Now that I have tested your strength, I can now guarantee that you are fit to join the guild." Valkyria said with a smile.

"What?" Ryudo asked in confusion.

"I would like to welcome you -Ryudo- To the guild 'Kingdom of the Flame Emperor'!" She said with a smile as she outstretched her hand.

"So will you come and join us in glorious combat Ryudo?" Valkyria asked with a smile.

To be continued

+++
'Hello -gao- I am Casidy the lovable companion of the author, I am here to explain all the new skills shown in this chapter  so lets Gao!'

'The first new skill shown is [Entangling Shadow] this is a binding skill that traps the target with Shadow like hands that erupts from the ground... spooky."

"The next one is [Shadow Spiral] like the name implies its a drill made of shadows that can cause piercing damage, Gigi drill break -gao- oops wrong show."

Now lets move to the dragon skills namely: [Shadow dragon Impact] and [Lightning Dragon Javelin] these skills were derived from Ryu-kun's [Ghostly Dragon fire skill, 'Impact' causes massive shadown damage while 'Javelin' can cause paralysis.'

'Now lets move to miss Valkyria's skill, first [Queen's Benevolence] can increase Vitality and lowers mana cost, its a handy skill when casting bothe her favourite skills such as [Odin's Rath] and [Divine Protection], while [King's Anguish] can boost attack damage by 50% and can cause the status effect curse or Freeze."

'Well thats all the time I have, see you guys next time -Gao!-'
+++

============================
Hey guys thanks for reading this book, hope you like it so far.

Also here is a question... do you want Ryudo to join the 'Kingdom of the Flame Emperor' or not?

I actually decided but I just want to hear what you guys have to say.

Well thats all!

MigyTheWorld out PEACE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 57 11
Read the story and see what happens
158K 6.2K 52
read to find out , lol you tried it.
928 5 40
It's like an alternative universe from my life. I hope you enjoy and this book has not been edited yet.
578 14 13
**This is a rough draft for my WIP webtoon, published here mainly for my friends to read**