FEAR ⇾ THE WALKING DEAD

By voidgrimess

𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗥 | " to be afraid." Ella Grace Walsh is a survivor. STANDALONE (GLENN RHEE X FEM!OC) (MALE!OC X FEM... More

𝙁𝙀𝘼𝙍
ACT ONE
i. | frog legs
ii. | dead man walking
iii. | the man with a crossbow
iv. | to save an asshole
v. | "i want some chihuahuas"
vi. | the burial of many
vii. | "only i can make those jokes"
viii. | cdc
ix. | scary actions
x. | no way out
ACT TWO
xi. | the loss of another
xii. | to find a little girl
xiii. | horse girl
xiv. | soft goodbyes
xv. | the plan to find sophia
xvi. | untold truth
xvii. | "a chupa. . . what?"
xviii. | the barn
xix. | beth greene has fallen ill
xx. | "i can't lose him too"
xxi. | suicide isn't the answer
xxii. | randall's fate
xxiii. | the escaped prisoner
xxiv. | the greene farm downfall
ACT THREE
xxv. | seven months in
xxvi. | "our home"
xxvii. | mere luck
xxviii. | a man who survived a walker bite
xxix. | gore and glory
xxx. | the ones we lose
xxxi. | little ass-kicker
xxxii. | "you're the closest thing i have to a father"
xxxiii. | rescue team
xxxiv. | merle dixon is a bad man
xxxv. | kill the governor
xxxvi. | "i don't know yet"
xxxvii. | the governor's first reckoning
xxxviii. | 99 problems
xxxix. | a familiar face
xl. | prepping for war
xli. | grimes equals murderer
ACT FOUR
xlii. | thirty days down the drain
xliii. | walkers can fly
xliv. | an infection
xlv. | the virus is spreading
xlvi. | walker, walker, walker
xlvii. | medicine is our friend
xlviii. | goodbye
xlix. | we're too far gone
l. | everything happens for a reason
li. | "i hate him"
lii. | all in this together
liii. | an unknown destination
liv. | jarred peaches
lv. | the sign of sanctuary
ACT FIVE
lvi. | no sanctuary
lvii. | matthew 5:5
lviii. | "survivors!"
lix. | there are better angels
lx. | harsh reality
lxv. | bad mojo
lxvi. | goodbye, old friend
lxvii. | richmond, virginia
lxviii. | another forsaken barn
lxix. | the distance
lxx. | "remember"
lxxi. | happy thoughts
lxxii. | "you don't fight, you die"
lxxiii. | a meeting
ACT SIX
lxxiv. | who let the dogs out
lxxv. | no rest for the wicked
lxxvi. | "he's dead"
lxxvii. | uncle rick
lxxviii. | start to finish
lxxix. | "i will always find you"
lxxx. | jesus
lxxxi. | news and travel
lxxxii. | "negan?"
lxxxiv. | who is negan?
lxxxv. | decapitation
lxxxvi. | death will follow
lxxxvii. | the day will come when you won't be
ACT SEVEN
lxxxviii. | the day has come
lxxxix. | good morning, sun
xc. | i'm gonna bury you
xci. | lots of guts
xcii. | "i've missed you"
xciii. | who would ever want to be king?
xciv. | my firefly
xcv. | ocean baby
xcvi. | the saviors last day
xcvii. | his last day
ACT EIGHT
xcviii. | mourning lamb
xcix. | down with the saviors
c. | "i believe in rick"
ci. | carl the selfless
cii. | a better world

lxxxiii. | not alexandria's fight

957 21 0
By voidgrimess

RICK CALLED A meeting at the church back in Alexandria to determine how the fighters in the community would be fighting the Saviors. It was to secure some food from Hilltop, yes, but it wasn't the right thing to do because it was risking everyone's life. There was always another way to do things in this life, always. Violence was not always the answer. If it was, then that would mean they weren't any better than the people they've fought along the way here. All of their friends and family that passed away would be so damn disappointed in them all for doing what they were going to do, all but Shane Walsh who would be doing the same as Rick wanted to now.

Ella had a gut feeling that whatever they did to the Saviors. . . something very bad would happen to them. She didn't like the idea of attacking another group, of joining in on a fight they shouldn't concern themselves with, of probably ruining everything they've built like all the other times they thought they found a home. This was not the way. Too much was on the line for them to do this, like, their home, their lives, their children. They didn't come here to have all of this blood on their hands, they came here to die with a clean slate. She was the only one who thought this was a bad idea, everyone else probably thought it was a good idea.

Sitting on the church's bench with Glenn, Ella held her breath and tightened a hand around his leg, waiting for Rick to give his speech about the Saviors and how attacking them would be for the good of Alexandria, while he stood up at the front of everyone else at the podium. Rick's voice rang out, the chatter zipping to a silence, "We can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food — eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Gerard, Daryl, Brandon, and Abraham on the road. Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They woulda killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them."

Ella's jaw clenched from the fury that came over her. Rick was not going to back down, he never did, and that's one of the many things Ella despised about him. He had to learn when to say 'no, I'm not doing that' so that he wouldn't keep getting people killed. Ella was tired of it, she lost so many people she loved and cared for and a lot of the time it was because Rick called the wrong shot. And him wanting to attack was the wrong call. Someone was going to die. Whether it was in this attack, or from the retaliation the Saviors would give them when the scout parties came home to a bloody mess in their own home.

Glenn could feel the tension radiating off Ella as her eyes remained locked on Rick standing in the front of the room. Glenn did not want to do this either, but he wanted to get the food for everyone here. He was sick of rationing out food so much that no one even really ate, mostly everyone was starting to underweight from the low supply of food. Now, doing this, would give them what they truly needed; food. To calm his wife down, he put his arm around her.

Rick continued. "But by then, in that kind of light, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win. We do this for Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed the place," Rick took a deep breath. "This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

Ella slightly moved, almost pushing herself off the bench, but Glenn stopped her. He pulled her back in her seat, shaking his head. Ella was in disbelief that he was holding her back. She pushed him off, standing up. "Don't you realize this is not smart?" she asked him. She looked around seeing that all eyes were on her. . . and Morgan, who stood up, too. Rick had his brows raised. "In a sense, it could be the best and smart way to eliminate a threat, but who's to say that everyone we kill is everyone? How do we know there isn't more of them, that they're not scouting, that they're not on a run to terrorize more communities? What if they attack our home while we're attacking their home?"

Rick shook his head. "That won't happen. Jesus said they only have one community-"

Ella laughed in his face, having to cover her mouth to suppress the laughter. The people all gave her a worried look. "Sorry," she took a deep breath. "Jesus says that, but does he know that? We know nothing about these people. The only things we know is that their leader is Negan, they kill and terrorize people if they don't get what they want." she said. Ella glanced away. "Attacking them is something we're gonna regret. We'll be hopeful that there wasn't more of them. We'll be grateful even for Hilltop warning us of the Saviors and letting us eliminate them on our own for food. But soon, a day will come when we won't feel any of that anymore, a day when the Saviors come knocking down our walls and killing the people we love, Rick," her voice was loud and strong.

Morgan nodded along with every word she spoke. He didn't believe this situation would end in sunshine and rainbows, no one really did, but it would certainly end in revenge and bloodshed.

"You're worrying too much-" Rick tried.

Ella ignored him. "I will help you attack the Saviors, but it's only because I want to make sure that the man I love won't be ripped apart by the Saviors. I want him to get back home safe. That is the only reason I will help you," her voice got shaky. "When they come, I hope and want you to remember the reason they're slaughtering us. . . the reason being you." she pointed.

Her words lingered in the air, Rick and Ella holding the other's stare, the words hit him deep, but it wasn't going to change his mind. Nothing did. The attack was inevitable.

"Ella pretty much spoke what I wanted to say, but I still have questions," Morgan spoke up. Rick turned to him, and Ella sat a foot a away from Glenn. "You're sure we can do this? We can beat them?" he questioned.

Rick nodded. "What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us — yes, then I'm sure." he told Morgan.

"Then all we have to do is just tell them that." Morgan looked at the stained window glass, then back to Rick.

"They-They don't compromise-"

Morgan snapped, "This isn't a compromise. It's a choice you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us."

"We try and talk to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety," Rick shook his head, his arm pointed out.

Ella had to take a deep breath. None of this is the right call, Ella thought.

Rick continued. "No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive!"

"When there's life, there's possibility."

"Of them hitting us!"

"We're not trapped in this," Morgan looked at the group of people. "None of you are trapped in this."

A long silence passed. Ella looked at Glenn, he was staring at Morgan.

Rick felt sorry. "Morgan. . . they always come back."

Morgan nodded. "Come back when they're dead, too."

"Yeah, we'll stop them. We have before."

"I'm not talking about the walkers."

Ella hung her head low over her knees, pressing her fists into her cheeks. She didn't want to look at anyone. They were all bastards, every single person.

"Morgan wants to talk to them. Ella doesn't think its the right choice. I think they're both wrong, but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people on guard now, too. But who else wants to approach the Saviors, talk to them first, or sit by and do nothing and see what the hell they'll do to us?"

And that ended the meeting, everyone wanted to attack the Saviors.

____________________________

THE COUPLE THE future Rhee's were sat at the table, thinking about what was to come. Ella was still extremely pissed at Glenn after what happened at the meeting today. She wrote a few things in her journal at the table — writing how far along she was and how she felt today on one page, drawing a picture of her kicking a tree, writing her thoughts of her wondering if he was going to apologize or if they were going to continue being silent until she was able to say "told you so" when something bad came, when their karma came. Because karma always hits you back, even if you don't really deserve the karma.

But after she wrote down those things, she broke and spoke to him first. "Why the hell didn't you back me up, Glenn?" she asked him. "I can't believe you tried to get me to not say anything! I know you don't even want to do this. I know you feel obliged to have to do this sort of thing, but you don't. You should've backed me up or-"

Glenn cut her off. "I don't want to start things with Rick." he said. Ella scoffed. "And I just want to get the food for us, it's probably the easiest way we can do that instead of going ten hours away to find some damned food to feed everyone."

"Yeah." was all she could say.

He sighed. "And on top of that, I don't want you going with us. You have someone else to think about." he referred to what was growing inside her womb.

Ella was annoyed with him now. "If we're doing what we're doing when we attack, it won't matter where I'm at. The perimeter of their community, or going inside with you is safe. The Saviors will be asleep no matter what," she put her hand on his balled fists. "I want to make sure you come back home with me. I don't want to do nothing and let you die in there when I might've been able to help you."

Glenn scoffed.

"Because I can't lose you."

He rubbed his eyes. "Okay. . . I guess you're right. Either way is safe. Or whatever safe is."

Ella nodded. "Yeah, I have to come."

"Fine."

She pulled him in and placed a kiss on his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 253 12
this girl might be the death of me. literally -#10 TWD (4/4/24) -#80 DARYLDIXONFANFICTION (4/22/24)
32.2K 1.2K 54
❝ i love you.. please, please i love you. ❞ 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 x 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐨𝐜 [ 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧, 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬 ] ©sslxu...
50.4K 1.6K 87
𝑬𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃...
4.7K 148 11
❛ decisions were never enola's forte, but with it came freedom; from the restrictions of her childhood, of her history, of him. she was free to find...