The Hidden Truth (DROP)

By CIR_2407

"Do you know why people like violence? It is because it feels good. Humans find violence deeply satisfying. B... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Extrication
Not an Update
Chapter 3: Diagon Alley
Chapter 4: A New Family
Chapter 5: A Strange Incident
Chapter 6: Dream
On Hold
Chapter 7: The Accidental Encounter
Chapter 8: Trapped
Chapter 9: Mémoires
Chapter 10: New Identity
Chapter 11: Down Memory Lane
Chapter 12: Dawn
Chapter 13: To Hogwarts
Chapter 14: Some Little Things
1K Votes
Chapter 15: The First Fight
Notification
New Work

Chapter 16: The Sorting

6.4K 223 34
By CIR_2407

Just then, Professor McGonagall returned, cutting out all chances of starting another fight.

- Move along, now. - said Professor Mcgonagall. - The Sorting's Ceremony is about to start. Form a line, and follow me.

Juliet quickly rushed to the front, while Draco and Harry just simply stood in the back.

- You alright? - Draco quietly whispered to Harry.

- To be honest, no. I'm not feeling well, but I'll live. I've been through much worse condition, this is nothing. - Harry smiled weakly.

Draco frowned. He wasn't so sure about that, but it was time to enter the Great Hall, so he had to keep quiet. However, he carefully wrapped his hand around Harry's and held it tight.

The students followed the Professor out of the chambers, back into the hall, and through a pair of double doors to enter the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was something out of a dream. It was strange and wondrous, shimmering in the light of thousands of candles floating in the air over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. At the other end of the Hall, away from the big doors, was the teachers' table. Harry could feel a watchful gaze fixed on him. It made him felt uneasy. He shuffled a bit, standing closer to Draco as they proceeded to stop in a line between two tables.

As Professor McGonagall vanished behind closed doors, Harry felt the gaze become more intense. He darted his eyes around the Hall, secretly searching for the person who was staring at him, but the gaze disappeared as the person sensed the ravenet was looking for him. Harry breathed out in relief. That gaze pierced through him like wildfire on the savanna. Dangerous. Malignant. He could hear his pulse throbbing in his ears, his heart beating fast in his chest. Trying to ease his anxiety, Harry looked upwards and saw a velvety black ceiling flaked with stars. He had read about this enchanted ceiling back at the Manor, but it was hard not to believe that the Hall didn't simply open on to the heavens. It looked surreal.

- Admiring the scenery?

Draco whispered. He was getting bored with all the waiting.

- Do you think we can cast that spell back at the Manor? - Harry signaled to the ceiling. - It will be wonderful to go to sleep under the night sky without getting cold.

- That's a really good idea. Let's tell my father when we get back.

They snapped back to reality when Professor McGonagall returned with a pretty, well, very tattered hat. All worn out, and almost in pieces. She unrolled a scroll and began calling names.

- So...you wear that Hat and then you are sorted into your House? - Harry beamed suspiciously at the old Hat.

- Yes. You're doubting the Hat then? - Draco asked.

- I'm only curious. 

- Malfoy, Draco. - Professor McGonagall called the blonde's name. He smirked and winked at Harry:

- Then you just have to experience it yourself to believe it. Wish me luck.

Draco walked swiftly to the stool beside the stern professor and sat down. The rim of the Hat barely touched his hair when it called out:

- SLYTHERIN!!!

Claps were heard from the Slytherin table when Draco stood up and proudly walked to where his friends were sitting.

After a good few more names, finally it was time for him to be sorted.

- Potter, Harry!

The Hall suddenly grew silent. The murmurs and whispers suddenly ceased, leaving Harry's footsteps echoing down the Hall. Harry could hear snipets of conversations here and there:

- Is that-?

- Is he The Choosen One's sibling?

- I thought she didn't have any brothers or sisters? Auror Potter said so too. 

Harry inwardly smirked. They didn't know how lucky he felt when he knew he wasn't Potter's son, but he also wondered who were his real family. Lucius and Severus both said they would tell him when the time came, but when would it be?

Dumbledore looked at the raven-haired boy, unconsciously throwing a glance towards Snape, but the other ignored it. He was still suspicious about Snape regaining his memories, but seeing the Potions Master's dark look, he assured himself that nothing was wrong. 

Snape secretly pulled the corner of his mouth. If that old coot thought he could read anything from him, the professor would be damned. He continued to focus his look on Harry, carefully not to show anything emotions except a smidge of hatred. He was relieved that he had told Harry about the "conflict" between James Potter and him. Nevertheless, he was still worried.

Harry calmly walked to the stool, ignoring the mutterings and stealing glances at Snape. Although he saw Snape's dark look, he still caught a strand of nervousness deep inside those onyx eyes. He smiled warmly and sat down on the stool. The Sorting Hat was put on his head and his vision blackened. 

"Well, well. How surprising". A voice suddenly rang in Harry's head, "I didn't expect to see you here, Hadrian."

"Who are you?", Harry asked, alarmed.

"Don't be so defensive, boy. I am the Sorting Hat, and this conversation is happening inside your head. No one can hear us."

"How do you know my real name?"

"It is a gift that the Founders had given me. It helps me give the best choice for the students. However, the last decision lies in your hands, little one."

"So which House do you suggest?"

"With your talent and traits, it is plausible that every House suits you. But it seems that you have a House for yourself."

"Yes, I only asked for a confirmation, and I am quite content with the answer."

"Then which House do you want to go, little one?"

"I want it to be..."

The Hall was getting noisier as the time went by. The students and teachers were wondering why the "Potter" boy took so much time. Just then, the Hat rim moved, and it called out, loud and clear:

- SLYTHERIN!!!

After a moment of pure shock and silence, the Slytherin table burst out in applause, lead by Draco of course. The blonde smiled proudly:

- I knew he would be one of us. 

Harry took the Hat off and placed it in Professor McGonagall's hands before striding to the Slytherin table. He sat down next to Draco, a standard smile plastered on his face. 

- You did great, Ha-Harry. - Draco stuttered a bit at the name. He was used to calling the other "Hadri". 

Harry threw a meaningful look at Draco before patting the back of the blond's hand:

- You know there is no where I'd rather be than here. 

Draco smirked, and Harry had to remind himself that Draco always wore that look on his face when he saw other people. He looked so arrogant, so different from the Draco back at the Manor that Harry couldn't get used to it.

Other students at the Slytherin table were very curious about the "Potter" boy. The Potter was an ancient family famous for its Gryffindor characteristics, but perhaps any family would have some exceptions. The Headboy welcomed Harry into the House and the others near him all gave him a light smile. Harry smiled back, he knew why they were being nice to him. They were looking out for the boy beside him. But he wasn't irritated by this fact at all. He felt a bit at ease, actually, some things could not be given without expecting any returns, and he was glad he knew the cause. 

After Harry's stunning sort, it was time for Juliet to be sorted. The Hall was buzzing with excitement when the Sorting Hat was put on Juliet's head. 

- When do you think she will be sorted? - Draco whispered.

- Probably a few more seconds. - Harry laughed quietly. The table seemed so silent he dare not speak too loud. 

Just as Harry had finished his sentence, the Hat called out:

- GRYFFINDOR!!!

The other side of the Hall broke out in victorious claps and cheers:

- We got the Chosen One !!!

- Well done, Juliet !!!

The Hufflepuff table and the Ravenclaw table also joined in the fun, but the Slytherin table remained silent. Harry smirked a bit, this House was much more like him. Quiet. Blissfully quiet. 

Dumbledore happily looked at Juliet sitting at the Gryffindor table. Finally something had gone like he planned. His blue eyes twinkled when Juliet proudly looked at him, like a granddaughter wanting some compliments from her grandfather. 

Harry saw all of the scene with his own eyes, but he just ignored it. He looked at Snape, who was watching him tentatively, and pulled up the corner of his mouth. The action was so small that no one could have noticed, well except for Snape of course. The professor's eyes shone a bit. He was very happy that Harry was in the same House that he and Tom had been in. Back in the Manor he had told Harry not to worry about which House he would be sorted into, as he didn't want the boy to have any prejudice, but to say he didn't want the boy to be in Slytherin was a lie. He had very much wanted Harry to be in Slytherin so that he could easily keep an eye on him, and his godson. Now his wish had been fulfilled and the normally-easily-aggravated professor seemed much more pleasant, only in the eyes of his students, that is. To the others, he was still the normal old Dungeon Bat, always on a look out for their mistakes.

~~~

Hello dear readers! I hope that you are all healthy. I had writer's block a few weeks ago and couldn't put a finger on what I should write. But thankfully I got my flow back and I think I write more than usual? Haha. Anyways, I don't feel like saying anything so I hope you all stay healthy and be safe. And FYI, I'm still very healthy, and a bit jumpy I suppose, but nothing to serious :))))

#CIR 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 3.6K 44
When you turn 18, you get your inheritance. Harry James Potter, who in this story is really Hadrian James Potter-Black, gets his at the Dursley's. he...
29.2K 743 16
Draco Malfoy is a Veela and Harry Potter is his mate. See how growing-up, new friendships and unexpected revelations can change the outcome of a war...
39.4K 770 5
Full credit goes to the creater. Go to her account, she has amazing works on Fanfiction.net. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2869358/1/
6.8K 284 24
Two days before the Final Task of the Triwizard Tournament, Harry Potter begins to undergo unexpected physical changes. At first, he doesn't pay much...