Trapped in Silk

By Fierylight

Athena Snow is a young woman who was used to her normal life until her father sold her to be a servant at the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

196 10 1
By Fierylight

I watched as the surrounding forest got increasingly dark. My position was solid and safe. I could hear the sound of running underneath me. The sound of snarling or growling. The sound of whining and fighting. I held my position and did my best to wait it out. I didn't move from my position for sixteen hours. I was awake until the next morning around ten. I dropped from the position I was in and landed quietly. I quickly made my way towards the castle. When I met the edge, I saw guards standing in wait. I was brought inside the castle, where tension was high. Everyone seemed relieved to see me, but I ignored them and went right into the main office without asking. Guards tried to stop me, but I had something more important to do. 

"Thea!" The Queen said in relief. I went to the King and held out my hand with objects that I tore from one of the stragglers. He looked at the objects in silent shock before looking up at me.

"You did an amazing job," He was soft in speaking. "Go clean up, and I'll send the doctor to come to look at you." He nodded once at me before I took my leave, ignoring the gawking. The feeling of warm water over my skin relaxed me. I took longer in the shower than I usually do, but I needed to feel clean in order to act normal. It wasn't just my body that felt dirty; it was my entire being. After being looked at by the doctor, I was allowed to rest in my room.

When I woke up, it was already late the next morning. When I finally appeared in the main office, I felt as though I had done something wrong. I've never felt this before.

"Thea," The King's voice echoed, making me aware of myself. "Do you feel okay?" I nodded. "Did they do anything to you?" I shook my head. "Are you willing to show us?" 

"Sir," A man protested for me. "She's been through a lot already, don't make her relive it." 

"Thea," The King spoke softly. "Are you willing to show us?" I nodded once. That's how I ended up walking through the woods with a decent-sized group of men and wolves. When we came to where it happened, I pointed to the ground. The brush was broken, leaving the evidence behind. 

"That's where she ripped his claws and canines out?" An alpha male spoke, making me aware that this went beyond just an accident. "How?" He looked at me in shock. "You're tiny and an omega female. How did you manage it? Even most men can't do that, with years of training added." I looked to William, who nodded at me. The only way that I'd go is if someone could understand me, and he made me feel safe. 

"She said it's easy to do when a wolf is in attack mode. She took the teeth first, then the claws. She hit him hard enough that the teeth came loose, and when he went to bite her, she took his teeth. She had some wounds from his claws, but that's when she could take his claws." 

"That's impossible," The man said in shock. 

"She said that chemicals are released in a wolf when fighting. When injured, their body goes to heal, but if the damage is bad, muscles loosen enough that it is possible. She took the canines so he couldn't mark her, then the few claws with..." He looked at me in shock. 

"With what?" The King asked quietly.

"Poison," William said, looking at me as if his heart broke. 

"How did you know they were poisoned? This is all very suspicious." A man spoke angrily. "Should we even trust her? She's a freak in all ways; no way is she normal. Just look at her."

"This is not the first time she's protected my children with her life," The King growled. "I trust her." The group gawked at the King as if he had said something out of turn. 

"Her mother always made her read books about anything that could be relevant. She lived near the woods her entire life. I would say that she's most qualified to tell you about poisons and herbal items, sir." William spoke with a nod to me. "She's very intelligent, she may not look like what you think is ideal, but she's knowledgable on more things than any specialist is."

"We tested the claws, and there was poison. It takes years of building a tolerance to the poison for it to seep into claw growth. It's a dangerous game and one can end up killing themselves if they're not careful." A man to the King's left spoke softly as if he were proud and amazed. He was easy on the eye, and his voice wasn't annoying. 

"How would she know of it?" The rude man spoke.

"She reads a lot," William spoke, smiling at me. "She takes in every form of information and retains it all, sir." 

"Where did you hide then?" The King asked curiously. I pointed ahead of us, starting to feel something that's never been present before. I held my hand to the group as I neared the place where I hid. I motioned a circle and heard the men move around the King. "What's happening?" He said lowly. 

"Thea," William said anxiously. I crouched down for a moment, trying to figure this feeling out. When I inspected where and why I felt like this, but  I didn't find a reason. Shaking my head, I turned to go to the group when I heard something move, making me turn to face it. I was shoved to the ground, a wolf snarling at me. I could only stare at it; its eyes familiar. The wolf got closer, bearing its teeth. Anger coursed through my body.

"Is he one of them? The leader?" The mean guy from before asked. The pleasured hum from the wolf made me disgusted. I started to back up on my hands. Other's started to appear, more stragglers. I managed to stand up, looking at the wolf in the eyes. Someone grabbed me, moving me to protect me. I was now behind the guards; when I looked up at the man's back, I realized it was the man who defended me earlier. He held me close to him as if I were the target and not the King. 

Time went by; I could hear fighting around us. The King was checking William and I, making sure we were okay. I put their lives in danger.

"Don't do that." The King said quietly, watching around us. "I asked you to bring me here; I know this is not of your doing. There is now an issue with the security of my men. I was told this area was cleared thoroughly." Someone close is leaking information, influencing the King to put himself in danger. My attention was brought back to the current situation when the man protecting me left me. I could only stand and watch as he shifted. I grabbed William's arm and crouched down in panic. This has never happened, I've only read about this.

"I'm scared," William said, whining. "I've only read about this." I nodded at him in agreement. "I didn't even get to enjoy the chocolate danishes." I couldn't help but laugh at his comment. "The first time you've smiled in over a year and a half is when people are attacking us, Thea?" He said incredulously. "Don't laugh!" He whimpered and watched around us. Movement ceased, noises stopped. 

"Sir," A man spoke. "Are you okay? Is anyone injured?" I couldn't move from squatting and hugging my knees. 

"Are you both okay?" Someone approached the two of us. It was the nice guy. Wait, he's an alpha. I can't have any feeling of like towards him. But he did help, but he's an alpha so I can't. "I'm Benjamin." He nodded at us. William seemed calm again, relaxing now that there wasn't impending doom. 

"You're an alpha," William said quietly, Benjamin nodding at him in confusion. "She isn't going to like you." 

"Now that this situation has been handled show me where you hid." The King's voice echoed, making everyone look at him as if he had lost his mind. "It's handled, right? So come on." After I showed the King, he got quiet. The walk to the castle was silent, except for the few men talking amongst themselves. William was walking beside me, but let me be in my own mind. 

Days passed by since the whole incident. Life seemed to be leveling out again. I went back to the normal routine of waking up and cleaning all day. I refused to leave the castle due to what had happened recently. I was content with looking at the garden from the balcony like I usually do. The Royal children were fine, just shaken. William was back to his normal self. 

"Thea," Casper sighed, making me turn to him in confusion. "It's been a rough day," He walked with me as I did my usual cleaning. "Can I vent?" I nodded and did my tasks as he spoke about how he was tired of alpha and beta men in the castle constantly belittling him. He also mentioned that he really wants to meet his mate and be done with it all. After an hour of him venting, he felt good enough to go back to his work after thanking me for listening. It's not as though I have much choice in being the silent person who listens. 

In the passing weeks, the castle seemed more lively than usual. This meant the evil man we all dislike was even more disgusting. He seemed to be showing off for the alphas as if he mattered. He was a terror on the servants over the course of the last several weeks. I was doing the usual cleaning of the study when he entered. I internally screamed as I don't like him and I'm close to breaking. He watched me carefully before shoving things on the floor, breaking a glass vase. 

"Freak," He scoffed as I went to clean up the mess. "You know," His eyes felt disgusting. "You'd be perfect for men to use. You can't speak, meaning you can't make noises." I want to hurt him. I want to hurt him so badly. "I wonder, what would you do right now? It's just us in here," He got closer to me, and I made more of a distance. "What noises would you make?" He was interrupted when someone walked in. It was Benjamin; he had his hands in his pockets. He wore an angry look; his eyes held a scary emotion.

"Thea I heard something break, you okay?" The disgusting thing left our sight finally, making me calmer. He went to pick up the glass when I stopped him. "You'll get hurt, though." I shook my head and made him stand up. "You should let the King know," He was quiet and honest. "I understand you don't like me because I'm an alpha, and a male, but you shouldn't protest when someone wants to help." I ignored him and went about cleaning the mess that thing left. He sat on the armchair of the couch and watched me silently. I felt calm around him, which irritates me to my core. I can't find a reason to dislike him, not yet.

"Thea," William's voice intruded, bringing me back to the present. He stopped awkwardly when he saw Benjamin sitting on the armchair. "Sorry, I can come back..."

"It's fine," I heard Benjamin stand up. "I think she's finished cleaning in here; it's safe." I watched him leave the room with frustration.

"Okay, so," William said as he gave me a look. "Is there a thing I should know about?" I shook my head and rolled my eyes. "He was in here because..." I signed to him. "Oh god, are you okay? That's absolutely disgusting. He should get reprimanded for that." I shrugged and walked with William to go eat. Everyone settled, and we were starting to eat when in came the gross old man. Everyone watched him as he came around to me. I watched him infect my food with his germs and bodily fluids before giving me the same disgusting look as before. I ground my teeth as he spoke. 

"Eat up, freak." He left the room after. This is becoming an everyday thing now. Him harassing me like this, and not letting me eat. 

"Thea, here." Fiona stood up and went to offer me hers, but I declined. "It's been six days, Thea. Eat something." I shook my head and cleared the food before leaving the eating room for servants. 

The weeks started to become worse with that man. The higher up alphas in rank appeared here, the worse the treatment got. He was treating all of us like that now. He's resorted to physical harassment. It's extending to male omegas as well. We were told that we needed to prepare for a large group of people arriving over the next few days. The work increased, as did the harassment. 

I don't think I can do this anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 17.4K 26
cassie white was 10 years old when her mother kassandra white passed away. ever since her mothers death cassie has been abused emotionally and physic...
246K 9K 21
Typically the alpha is a male. Males of the werewolf population or any for the matter are more respected and treated right. But what if a female coul...
795 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...
8.6K 139 28
Ryder Romano. He's a thirteen-year-old werewolf who is next in line to be Alpha. His dad, the current Alpha, gets notified that two new people will b...