Guts & Glory | Markjinson

Autorstwa lucastiddymilk

The criminal underworld of Seoul, South Korea is vast. From lowly street gangs to rich, powerful CEOS, and fo... Więcej

† Introduction †
† Characters †
† Prologue †
† One †
† Two †
† Three †
† Four †
† Five †
† Six †
† Seven †
† Eight †
† Nine †
† Ten †
† Eleven †
† Twelve †
† Thirteen †
† Fourteen †
† Sixteen †
† Seventeen †
† Eighteen †
† Nineteen†

† Fifteen †

871 47 30
Autorstwa lucastiddymilk

" I'm about to take you back to church, tell me your confessions baby what's the worst. "

Church, Chase Atlantic, Part One

Minghao was given an almost impossible task by Yugyeom: to liberate one of his father's holding centers. Yet, he accepted like a fool.

"Why did I agree to this?" Minghao whispered to himself, he was sitting in his car just outside of Yugyeom's apartment building, "Why did I make contact with Yugyeom in the first place?"

After all, the young Chinese man was risking his life with every time he visited the handicapped dancer. Perhaps he felt guilty about how he helped split the lovers apart.

Or perhaps the young boy fell in love with a stranger. A stranger that he knew almost everything about due to the fact Mark wanted to know everything about Yugyeom the moment he learned that Bambam was dating him. Minghao did keep tabs on Yugyeom over the years, per the request of his superior, so it was impossible to forget him.

Minghao glanced at his phone, who could he contract with no ties to Divinity and Black Rose? Fate and SIN, Jackson and Jaebeom were respectively not choices. He decided to call an old friend and information broker.

"Hey Minghao," The man answered.

"Hey Lucas," Minghao replied, "I need your help."

"What's up?"

"I need someone to contract, someone who doesn't have ties to Divinity or Black Rose. I need a team."

"What the fuck are you get yourself into?" Lucas asked before sighing.

"I don't know."

"Alright, hold on one moment! Yuqi, help me out-"

Minghao was put on hold for a little while. Then, the loud voice of Lucas boomed back through the phone.

"Okay! I found someone and he should be in contact with you in exactly a minute. Talk to you soon," Lucas hung up the phone quickly.

Minghao laughed but looked at his phone waiting for the call. Once it came in, exactly a minute later, Minghao answered a bit too eagerly.

"I heard you needed a contract killing team," the voice greeted, "We won't talk business over the phone of course. You'll be texted an address after I get off the phone with you. I'll expect you there in an hour or less."

"No problem," Minghao replied.

"Good, I look forward to meeting you in person," The person hung up and instantly Minghao was messaged with an address. His eyes widened as he saw the address.

Minghao threw his phone in the passengers' seat and sped off, already knowing the location.

After all, it was his old territory.

×××

Youngjae was currently in a shoot out with the last two Roses in the house. He had made his way back inside, killed another before the last two came out guns blazing.

Somehow, he was still on his first pistol. He's fired about five times before getting in this shootout, Youngjae wanted to conserve bullets the best he could.

"We don't want to hurt you!" One of the Roses yelled.

"Like hell!" Youngjae yelled back before attempting to shoot them in the arm. He hit and they immediately dropped their gun.

The other Rose showed themself good enough for Youngjae to get a headshot. The man fell and crashed through a glass table.

Youngjae ran out and saw the last Rose, they sat there helplessly. As Youngjae approached, they kicked their forgotten gun towards him.

They looked up at Youngjae, clutching their arm, and spoke softly, "Do it."

"Why did you say that before?"

"Because if you were to die, the death that would come to me by the hands of the upper Roses would be Hell. A death being shot by you, that is mercy. You showed mercy to us all."

"Explain."

"You want to know how Black Rose has so many members that would die without thinking? It's because the deaths at the hands of you Divinity members are gracious compared to what could await us. Fear grips every Rose's heart, they kill the people we care about most to assure loyalty, they make us watch the gruesome and terrible things they do. Then, they tell us our death will be even worst if we disobey." The Rose smiled at Youngjae, "You are an angel that was sent from God to take me to Hell mercifully. I accept it."

Youngjae sighed, "Tell me what Hell is like." He kneeled and put the gun against their forehead.

"I will and I will be there to greet you," they spoke before Youngjae shot them at point-blank range. Their blood splashed on Youngjae's face and body, mixing with what was already there.

They died smiling.

Youngjae put the gun back into the holster. He searched the person's pockets and there were the keys to the car. Youngjae took them and slide them into his pocket. He stood up and wiped his face.

It didn't take a genius to learn that the six roses he killed today lived here together. The house was well lived in, it was a home. A home of six people who came together after losing it all. Youngjae walked up the stairs and walked into a room.

It was a bedroom. In the corner, a small desk sat with a picture and a few books. Youngjae walked over and picked up the photo, it was a picture of the last rose he killed. They were hugging a man, a baby was in the man's hands and two small kids were in front of them. Another picture of the showed the Rose with two elderly people, Youngjae assumed it to be their parents. A book on the table had the name "Taeyeon". He sat the picture down and made his way downstairs.

No longer did Youngjae just fight BlackRose for the sake of a friend. He found a newfound determination to destroy them and kill Mark. For Taeyeon and all the other Roses separated from those they loved.

×××

"You look rather dashing in that suit, Jaebeom," Mark licked his lips looking at the assassin as he walked to Mark's table.

"Don't play with me right now."

Mark giggled, "Sit."

Jaebeom sat in the soft velvet seat. The restaurant was pleasantly full of many of the upper class of Korea.

"How many Roses do you have here?"

"Why do you need to know? Are you going to try something?" Mark asked narrowing his eyes.

Jaebeom shook his head, "No but by where we are sitting there's one sitting directing behind me, three on each of my sides, the waiter that we receive will be a Rose, the greeter was one, the bartender too and there's probably more posted in the kitchen."

"You're perceptive but slightly wrong," Mark whispered, "You forgot the two people on the sides of the table that have a clear view of you. You also forgot the security officers that were close to the entrance."

"I did good enough."

"Good enough? Good enough is the death of you. You have to be perfect. Have you gotten soft since you started working at ROD?" Mark asked.

Jaebeom looked away, "No need to talk about a place that doesn't exist anymore."

"I suppose."

A deep sigh came from Jaebeom, "Stop bullshitting me and tell me where Youngjae is."

Mark smiled, "To know where Youngjae is, you'll have to kill whoever Jinyoung has looking for him."

"What?"

"You heard me, you just can't get something for nothing. It's a life, most likely multiple, for your precious Youngjae," Mark explained, "Don't you want your boyfriend back to you alive?"

"Yes, of course," Jaebeom answered.

"You're gonna call Jinyoung, ask about Youngjae, then when tells you he's missing demand to know who's looking for him," Mark paused before continuing, "I want to tag along with whoever you're killing."

"You?"

Mark laughed, "Of course, I want to directly cause Divinity some pain. I'll have my second in command help too, he's an excellent sniper."

Jaebeom nodded and looked away from Mark.

"Don't tell me you're feeling bad about this. Tell me, Lim Jaebeom, do you have morals?" Mark questioned sarcastically, "Or is it because you're feeling bad about going against your brother."

Jaebeom stayed quiet.

"I'll throw in some cash too, love. I remember now, you'll do anything for a good paycheck. For now, let's enjoy a meal together," Mark motioned over a waiter, "My treat of course."

×××

"You're on time," A voice greeted Minghao the moment he stepped into the abandoned building.

"And you are?" Minghao asked.

"Not the boss," the boy smiled, "I'm Jongho, I'll be taking you to the boss um..."

"Minghao."

"Okay, Minghao. Follow me," Jongho lead the boy upstairs to about the fourth floor. They walked until they hit the end of the hall.

"Down there," Jongho pointed to his right. There was only a singular door down the small corridor.

"Thanks," Minghao said and walked down the small hall alone. He stopped in front of the door and was about to knock when a voice inside spoke.

"Come in, Minghao," They said.

The ravenette complied, he opened the door and was greeted by a man. He sat at a desk and eyed Minghao curiously as the boy sat down in front of him.

"I don't often have clients from Black Rose or Divinity, you must be desperate or stupid. You're with Black Rose, which means you must be going against Mark. You're not scared to die?"

Minghao's eyes widened at the mention of Mark.

"Don't be so surprised. Obviously, you are high ranking if that name shocked you. Of course, I know who the leaders of the two powerhouses are. Issac Tuan and Park Jaehyun then respectfully their sons, Mark Tuan and Park Jinyoung. I'm being rude, aren't I? My name is Hongjoong."

"You're telling me your real name?" Minghao questioned.

"Yes, trust me Minghao. If I didn't think you weren't worth shit, I would have never called or if you showed late, you would have been killed at the door," Hongjoong explained, "Besides I already know who you are. You, the last surviving member of Seventeen."

Minghao winced.

"Now, you work for the man who slaughtered your brothers," Hongjoong sighed, "Enough of old history, what would you like me to do?"

"I need you to liberate one of Kim Hee Jung's holding centers in Seoul," Minghao explained, "Kill his workers but save the people."

Hongjoong smiled, "Interesting, you want to stop the Trafficker. I'm curious about why but I won't pry."

"I can provide support if needed," Minghao said, "I'll be watching anyway, from whatever security is in the building."

"Not needed but thank you," Hongjong continued, "All I need from you is payment. 12 million won, 6 before the job and 6 after."

"That's all?" Minghao asked.

Hongjoong laughed, "No, maybe perhaps a partnership. You have access to things I do not as an independent party in this war. If the need does arise, I want to know I have friends on the other side."

Minghao nodded, "Perhaps. When can you have this job done?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight?" Minghao questioned.

"You underestimate my forces because I am independent," Hongjoong frowned, "Jongho, will still lead you to someone who will help you wire money to our accounts. His name is Yeosang. Then you will leave and you can tell Kim Yugyeom the job is as good as done."

"How did you know?"

"I told you, you're underestimating me because I'm independent. I have twice the ears that Black Rose or Divinity has because I must be more careful. Besides, it's no secret that the boy hates his father but he won't go as far as Mark and have him killed. Yugyeom is very innocent, which is interesting for someone who is surrounded by the underworld."

"Keep your interest in check," Minghao said standing up.

"Of course, it was a pleasure doing business with you, Xu Minghao."

×××

Jinyoung was currently on a trip to a place he hadn't been to in years when his phone rang. It was his brother.

"Jinyoung, have you heard from Youngjae any today?" Jaebeom asked.

"No," Jinyoung answered, "I believe he was taken by Black Rose."

"And you didn't bother to tell me?" Jaebeom raised his voice.

"You'll get in the way," Jinyoung harshly explained, "If I wanted to find Youngjae alive, I needed someone who wouldn't fuck up because he can't keep his emotions in check."

"Who's looking for Youngjae right now?"

"My best."

"Who's your best?" Jaebeom asked, "Cause I'm pretty sure they aren't enough."

"You're not only doubting me but you're doubting Youngjae," Jinyoung spat, "Figure it out yourself."

"Jinyoung, tell me. That's my boyfriend."

"And that's my childhood friend. Your point?" Jinyoung asked, "Be assured I have the best looking for Youngjae. I have to go." Jinyoung hung up the phone as his driver pulled up to a tall, elegant building.

"We're here," the driver looked at Jinyoung through the mirror.

"Yes, thank you, Sebastian," Jinyoung sighed, "Call and warn Stray Kids that if they see Jaebeom to detain him. He'll figure out who I have looking for Youngjae. He's not stupid."

"No problem."

"I won't be long, I hope," Jinyoung stated as he got out of the SUV. He looked up at the building in front of him, the cross loomed in front of his vision.

"I don't know what to do anymore."

He stepped into the church and immediately was greeted.

"Are you here to confess your sins?"

Jinyoung nodded and was pointed towards a booth. He stepped in and sat on the small bench, closing the curtain behind him.

The priest on the opposite side recited a small prayer

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned," Jinyoung spoke softly, "I've committed patricide."

"Patricide?"

"Yes," Jinyoung spoke again, "When I did it, it felt unstoppable. I felt as though nothing would ever get in my way again."

"And now?"

"And now, I simply feel tired and weary," Jinyoung explained, "Bloodstains my hands both directly and indirectly...but his blood, it's different."

"He was your father, your blood."

"He was going to take my world away from me!" Jinyoung slammed his hand against the wall, "I could not let him take what's mine. What I worked for, Father."

"You are prideful and angry," the priest spoke, "You, who is your worst enemy."

"Perhaps."

"For what profit is to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?" The priest spoke.

"What?"

"For what profit is to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?" The priest repeated.

"I've already lost it," Jinyoung softly spoke. His voice was weak and his eyes began flowing with tears unknowingly.

"I do not believe I can help you today, young man," The priest sighed, "I do wish peace on your heart but I do not believe you want to have your sins absolved."

"I'll die with them gracefully then," Jinyoung smiled, "I think that's all that's left for me."

"Go in peace, young man."

"Thank you, Father."

my productivity shot up 130% since school is closed lmao

I enjoy writing for this story, it's so much fun.

I need to go through and edit all my stories, tbh, especially after school but editing is sooo boring

see you soon, ily.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

18.3K 723 26
Of course, you are the main character and you've been going through a lot of difficulties. From days alone to people making fun of you. Recently, a b...
35K 811 21
Y/N, (you) and Mark Tuan have been friends ever since you guys were only two years old. When you both turn 13, you fall in love. But after a tragic a...
18.9K 1.2K 22
The past can bring a lot to the future. Two boys meet during their nightshift at the museum. As time goes on, lies are revealed, dark pasts unfold an...
24.9K 631 42
As the leader of a good gangster group, Song Do Hyun needs someone to take care of his daughter safely because he will die soon. Since Mark was a lit...