Snivellus' sister

By MaliaMalfoyWeasley

(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the m... More

1 - Questionable First Encounters
2 ~ The Sorting Ceremony
3 ~ The Caste Tour
4 ~ Galleon
5 ~ Intelligent and Cute
6 ~ Floppy fish and Werewolves
7 ~ Quidditch Trials
9 ~ The Potion
10 ~ Christmas day
11 ~ Couples or Consequences
12 ~ Back to Hogwarts
13 ~ Truth or Dare
14 ~ Mudbloods
15 ~ Breakups and Makeups
16 ~ Quidditch Quarrels
17 ~ Full Moon betrayals
18 ~ Regrets
19 ~ Remus, Please
20 ~ Amortentia
21 ~ Felix Felicis
22 ~ Replicated
23 ~ Evening Gowns
24 ~ Remorse
25 ~ Spring Ball
26 ~ A Night to Remember
27 ~ The Letter
28 ~ Minnie
29 ~ First Session
30 ~ The Patronus Charm
31 ~ Dumbledore fancies me
32 ~ Seeking and Presents
33 - Firewhiskey and Love Potions
34 ~ Hogsmeade
35 ~ New Transformations
36 ~ New Encounters
37 ~ Last Games Disasters
38 ~ Brewing Romance
39 ~ Breakdowns
40 ~ The Snape Residence
41 ~ The Potters
42 ~ Safe?
43 ~ Sleepovers
44 ~ Returns
45 ~ The Order of the Phoenix
46 ~ Two Words
47 ~ Grieving
48 ~ Weddings
49 ~ Last Mission
50 ~ Coping
51 ~ Harry James Potter
52 ~ Alternative perspectives
53 ~ The Finale

8 ~ Newt Scamander

12.4K 313 224
By MaliaMalfoyWeasley

"Silver, does my beard look ok? I combed it this morning, does it make me look too well groomed to look after such amazing creatures? What if he thinks I look after myself better than my creatures? Do I look after myself more than my creatures? That's it Professor I'm resigning from my position of carer of magical creatures, we must donate them to Mr Scamander for their own good." Hagrid rambled whilst scruffing up his beard in attempts to make it look more natural. "Now, now Hagrid. We must remain calm, just remember Mr Scamander is simply another person alike us, just because he is very well-known does not make him and more or any less superior." Professor Dumbledore spoke wisely in attempts to calm Hagrid down, it had worked all up until they reached the Three Broomsticks, Newts chosen location to meet they little girl and her friends. Hagrid began panicking one again causing to have a shortness of breath and beginning to sweat profusely. Dumbledore place a gentle hand on his back and nodded for the girl to open the door and enter the pub.

The group walked in and there sat in the far right corner of the pub was the one and only Newt Scamander. Silver instantly ran towards the middle aged man, which caught her in his arms lifting her up as if she was as light as a feather. She backed away from the man who had been a father figure for the past five years and looked up at him. He was wearing his signature blue coat with a yellow waist coat, his black bow tie done up tightly around his collar and his old Hufflepuff scarf around his neck. Newt smiled down at the little girl, he had always thought of her as a daughter. He messed up her hair before pulling her into another tight hug, "I've missed you, Cub." Silver smiled at the nickname that she hadn't heard in months. She squeezed him a little tighter, "I've missed you too, Newty." They separated again allowing Silver to introduce her friends. "Newt, this is my friend Sirius, my care of magical creatures professor, Hagrid and of course as you already know Dumbledore." She pointed to each of them in turn sending Hagrid a wink.

Newt shook each of their hands, "Hello Professor, lovely to see you again, hope your doing well. Nice to meet you Hagrid, I hear you are very gifted with magical creature we must talk about that later because at the moment I'm have some particularly difficult issues with some Leucrotta that are newly added to my sanctuary and Silver told me you are the man to help. " Hagrid blushed smiling at the small girl, he sent her a wink before nodding to Newt. "And Sirius, now you be careful around my Cub or else we're going to have a problem. I don't care if your her boyfriend or best friend , if you hurt her I'll hex you into next week. But other than that it's nice to meet you."

Newt and Silver broke out into fits of laughter while Sirius' face which had been one filled with terror had now eased to one of happiness. "How about I go get us all some butterbeers?" Dumbledore suggested making his way to the bar. Silver took a seat next to Newt with Sirius on her other side and Hagrid on the other side of Newt. The group broke out into separate conversations, Newt and Hagrid about their vast collections of magical beings and Sirius and Silvers conversation about her times staying with Newt. 

They all finished their butterbeers and came to the end of their conversations. "Well as much as this has been very pleasant catching up with you Newt, it appears the excitement has gotten to some people in particular, so we best get going." He gestured to Sirius and Silver who had fallen asleep on their seats, Silver had her head resting on Sirius' chest and his head lying on top of hers. His arms were wrapped tightly around her preventing her from falling off her chair.

Newt smiled at the sight and got up to hug his old professor goodbye. "Oh Hagrid I heard you have a Hippogriff so I brought some fresh ferrets for him." Newt reached into his trunk and pulled out three dead ferrets and handed them to Hagrid, he accepted them thankfully and said their goodbyes. Dumbledore and Hagrid left the pub leaving Newt and the two sleeping students. Newt began shaking Sirius awake gently, his eyes fluttered open landing protectively on the sleeping girl in his arms. His cheeks flushed slightly as Newt smiled at the pair, he went to shake Silver awake too but Sirius stopped him and whispered, "Don't wake her she's had a stressful morning, I'll carry her." And with that Sirius stood up carrying the peacefully sleeping Veela bridle style. Newt chuckled waving his wand levitating both his and the children's trunks behind him.

Sirius followed Newt and the now awake Silver into the Scamander mansion. As he walked in he gazed around the room, there wasn't much interior decorating other than a few sofas and chairs, a couple coffee tables and paintings around the room. Sirius looked around in amazement although it was very minimalistic it was captivating. Silver watched the boy with amusement, she too took this time to glance around the house.

It hadn't changed at all from the last time she had visited but she was more excited about the ventures she was to have inside Newts enchanted case. Newt however, was in the kitchen making tea for the two guests. It was now Sirius' turn to admire Silver, her eyes glittering as she gazed around the room. Her hair which was now slightly messed up from her nap flowed freely down her back, Sirius noticed the blonde tinge of her hair further showing the joy this simplistic house gave her.

Newt walked in with a tray of tea and offered it to the two. Silver sat on the sofa shaking her leg impatiently, "Can we go into the trunk now please, please, please Newty." Silver pleaded causing her hair to shimmer which indicated to Sirius she was using her charm to convince him. Newt rolled his eyes playfully and reached for his wand summoning the case.

Silver jumped up in excitement and opened the case, Galleon who had been sleeping in Silvers left pocket had now jumped out and darted towards Newt. He scooped up the small bowtruckle and place it on his shoulder, Pickett who was roaming around the house herd the commotion and had come to find out what was happening. He spotted Silver and raced over to her imitating Galleons movements, he climbed up Silver nestling himself under her chin. Silver giggled at Pickett and held him gentle placing him on her shoulder, she excitedly peered into the case listening for the different sounds of the creatures pulling Sirius closer to do the same. 

"Oh Silver come on jump in if your so eager." Newt giggled as the girl immediately started climbing into the case and jumped down, Newt followed her and finally Sirius copied. When Sirius hit the ground he was overwhelmed by the different types of creatures, he looked around for Silver but was only able to spot Newt caring for a Silvery white tiger. Sirius carefully approached Newt waiting for him to indicate for him to approach, Newt nodded to the boy and he walked up sticking his hand out to stroke the tiger.

Newt broke out into fits of laughter earning a confused look from Sirius, the tiger growled at Newt causing him to stop laughing. Sirius backed away from the tiger slowly, he turned to Newt, "Hey Newt, where did Silver go?" Newt smiled at the boy once again and pointed to the white tiger, Sirius' confused face still remained on his face as he looked to the animal. Suddenly, before his eyes the silvery white tiger transformed into a girl with similarly coloured hair, there before him stood Silver smiling shyly at him.

"You're an animagus?" Sirius exclaimed running up to the girl. "How could you keep this from me, think of all the pranks, think of everything we could get away with." Sirius grinned deviously at the Veela. "How come you get all the cool tricks?" Sirius sulked. The sadness on his face reminded her of her friends back at Hogwarts, suddenly an idea popped into her head, one better than any other she has ever had before. She shook with excitement running up the stairs to the second floor of the trunk towards the library, she scanned the shelves before pulling out a specific book, 'Illegal Animagus: How did they do it?' She ran back down to the two confused boys, she looked at Sirius excitedly.

"I know how we can help Remus. It must get really lonely being by himself every full moon and of course we can stay wit him or help him as humans because otherwise he'd attack us, so instead what if you all were able to transform like me? These are the only instructions on how to become Animagi in the world, so why don't you, James and Peter become them and we can help Remus. He is only harmful to humans." Sirius' eyes widened. After all the time Remus had to suffer alone they were now able to help him and keep him company.

"Yes, oh my Merlin yes. I know you're very skilled at potions but are you sure you can brew one as complicated as this?" Sirius began flipping through the book reading about the very advanced potion. Silver smiled her cheeky smile and turned to Newt who was tending to a baby niffler smiling at the pairs illegal plans, "Well, we would definitely be able to do it with the help of one of the best wizards of today." Newt looked up from the niffler and began walking towards the small girl.

He looked down towering over her, "Cub, I swear your trying to get me locked in Azkaban. You know how hard it was to transform you, I only did it so you could help with taking care of the creatures. It could be very dangerous doing it to three more people." Sirius stepped forward interjecting into the conversation, "Mr Scamander, please. I am aware of the danger but it is only needed to help a friend of ours, he's a werewolf and we want to help him but in our human form we can't. I am willing to take the risk."

The older man smiled down at the brave boy, it was clear to see why he was put into Gryffindor. Sirius looked back into Newts hazel eyes not breaking his stare, the older man finally looked away to Silver who was smiling hopefully, he returned his gaze to Sirius, "Call me Newt." With this single sentence both student knew he was going to help, a warm feeling filled them both. Newt knew he was never going to be able to stop them it was just easier for him to help them do it properly rather than argue against them. They were finally going to be able to help their friend who had suffered for so long. The pranks were just going to be an added benefit. 

A/n - I am aware that Newt would have been in his seventies when the Marauders in school but once again making him middle aged fit better with the storyline. Sorry if that bothers you but it just makes the story flow better. I was originally going to make him Silvers grandfather but decided against it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...
13.3K 595 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...
105K 3K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...
18.8M 890K 200
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 3} It is a known fact that Crookshanks was helping Sirius Black to capture Pettigrew in his rat form, back in Harry Potter's third year at...