BBC Merlin Fanfic Book 2 - Fe...

By xKatnipx

The adventure and fulfilment of destiny's continue in this book! (Based upon season 2 BBC Merlin series)! Rea... More

Before Reading!
Trailer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 11

1.1K 34 5
By xKatnipx

Arthur's POV

Row and I had agreed on the fact that I would need to consult with my father and explain that I will be leaving however, will be leaving out Row's side of the story. She was worried and scared no doubt about it.

Since being in Camelot Row has grown into a strong independent woman who is ready for anything but this... I wasn't so sure about. She wasn't even aware of the extent of the nightmares, but I couldn't get the thought at the back of my brain to leave me alone. The events in her nightmare seem awfully familiar.

I had left her for some time alone in her chambers while I took the time to speak with my father. Heading towards his council chamber gave me plenty of time to think. What could this challenge be? What was Rows involvement?

I hadn't even told her about the real reason I was so fixed on going. Morgause knew my mother... and I needed to know more.

With that thought I had arrived, and the guards opened the large oak doors revealing my father working on some documents the quill in his hand moving fluently. He glanced up and acknowledged me before looking down once again.

"Arthur" the sound of the doors closing behind me.

"Father, I've come to tell you that within the next few days I will be partaking in a challenge set out by Morgause". He carried on writing "What is the nature of this... challenge?"

"She didn't say. But I gave her my word that I'd accept it no matter what." Keeping my hand behind my back a rolled back on my heel. "You should never have made such a promise." His voice was stern as he raised the quill from the paper and eyed me. "You have no idea what she may ask of you."

"She had her sword to my chest... I had no choice." My father sighed and began to contne with is work. "Morgause said that she knew my mother". His interest was peaked once again as he narrowed his eyes in confusion. "She told you this?" I nodded and the he rose to his feet and walked behind his chair back facing me. "Obviously she's lying... she's playing on your affections on your mother to lure you into a trap."

I shook my head "That makes no sense, she spared my life". His hand was on is waist as he slightly turned his head toward me "Confirms my suspicions. I believe Morgause is an enchantress... how else could she have defeated you?"

"I don't believe she was using magic" my eyes went to the floor as I barely got my words out without hesitating. "And you would know for certain if she were?" He was back to facing me now taking slow paced steps towards me. "Under no circumstances will you go to meet her or accept this challenge." He then sat back down on his chair ready to return to his work.

I quickly walked towards him placing both hands on the table "I gave her my word!"

"I don't care what was said to her, you will remain in Camelot!" I shook my head "I want to hear what she knows about my mother!"

He leant forward he eyes full of anger "She knows nothing she is lying. You will not go to her, I forbid you!" I rolled my eyes getting frustrated "So I am to break my word?"

He then turned to the guards "Escort my son to his chambers, under no circumstances will he be allowed to leave". I snickered "You're confining me to my chambers?"

"I'm protecting you from your own foolishness!"

As the guards approached me, I took a few steps back "It's not just myself I seek answers for..." before he could demand any more answers from me, I walked back to my chambers with the guards close on my tail. As I walked in the two sentries posted themselves outside my door.

In my frustration I threw whatever was closest to me against the wall and then heard the loud crash. I looked down to see the vase of wildflowers on the floor that was a gift from Row. "Ahhh!" I picked my dagger from my table and walked towards my window planting myself there for as long as necessary wallowing in my own pity using the blade to pick at the stone wall.

I've let myself down, more inportantly I've let Row down. So much for giving my word I thought. The one thing I thought I had my own control over was my word, but my father takes that away from me too.

Not knowing how long I was sat there picking away at the stone for I heard the door to my chambers open with Merlin walking in carrying a basket. "Why are there guards outside the door?" his face full of confusion. "My father has confined me to my chambers and has forbidden me to accept Morgause' challenge."

Merlin placed the basket on top of the table with is back to me before turning around. "I mean maybe he has got a point." I stopped picking away at the stone and twirled the dagger I my hand know using my eyes as a blade. "I mean you don't know what she would of asked you to do." He unpacked the basket revealing a few of my shirts and a freshly polished pair of my boots.

"I gave her my word." My dagger was pointed at him now and from my stare he gathered the point I was making. "So, I take it we are going anyway?" a smirk appeared on my face. "Your smarter than you look! Gather some supplies we leave tonight. You'll need to get 3 horses ready has well."

"Three? We can just pack the supplies into bags that each of us can carry like usual". I huffed "I don't want a third horse for supplies you idiot! Row is coming too..." I said the last part very quietly.

"What! Why?? I think it's best we leave her out of this." I nodded. "If I could, I would, all will become clear tonight. She can tell you herself. You'll need to meet her outside her chambers at just after 7 tonight and taking her to the horses before coming to me. And Merlin please find a way to get me out of her on time."

And with that he was gone. Only time would tell if he'd actually be able to carry through with this. What if he brings Row here instead of to the horses? The guards will know immediately something is suspicious and alert it to the king. What on earth is he going to do to get me out of here. Oh, dear this really could go either way.

As time was passing by and the daylight was fading, I decided to prepare myself. Laying out my armour and sword I began to put it on piece by piece. Somehow, I managed to get my head through the arm peace. Please God do not let Merlin walk in right now. I let out a growl of frustration as I threw the whole thing to the floor forgetting that the guards were outside.

A knock on the door signalled they'd heard me. "Is everything alright in there Sire?" before he could enter I threw my goblet at the door "Don't you dare come in here unless you want me to use you as target practice!" target practice? Without taking another moment to think about the stupid sentence that came out of my mouth seconds ago I tried again getting the chainmail on. Thankfully that was a success second time around as was the rest of my armour.

My fire was now lit along with my candles providing me enough light to navigate around the room. My freshly sharpened sword glistened in the low light ready to be sheathed. Returning to the window I waited for the time that Merlin would eventually arrive.

Considering it was now just after 7 he should, if he listened, be arriving at Row's chambers. Please don't come here first, please don't come here first... 5 minutes went by. Then 10. And I was still by the window. I noticed a slight movement in the distance. 1, 2...3 horses with a cloaked figure tying the reins. The figure turned to the side pointing in my direction it was then a second figure appeared. One that I recognised. He'd actually listened for once.

It was now that I took the opportunity to sheath my sword on its belt and tie it around my waist. 5...4...3...2.... the door creakily opened and the raven-haired boy turned to glance at the guards not looking suspicious at all which caused me to roll my eyes.

He was carrying a shoulder bag which he quickly took off walking over to me "I got the supplies!" the overly cheesy grin of accomplishment appeared on his face. I then did a double take and frowned. "Merlin... is it my imagination or are you getting fat?" pointing at his unusually puffed out shirt.

Weirdly he rolled it up to then reveal rope wrapped around his middle. A sly smile came to my face for once he might actually be on to something. Opening the window I scanned the area for who I believed to be Row and thankfully saw her silhouette in the distance. I then took a glance down revealing the large drop to the ground. Turing around I noticed merlin testing out the rope and nerves began to flow through me. "Are you sure your strong enough to hold me?"

"mmm yeah. I'm stronger than I look." Well that wasn't reassuring at all. Carefully sitting on the ledge first I took one last look to Merlin signalling I was going to drop down before pushing f the side. Everything was going just fine until I suddenly came to stop what felt like halfway down. "What are you doing, lower the rope!" I waited a few seconds before Merlin shouted, "There is no more rope!" I knew things were too good to be true, nothing ever goes according to plan when Merlin runs it.

"I don't know if I can hold it much longer!" so much for being stronger than he looked. "Merlin, do not let go of the rope." And, what did he do? Before I knew it I landed face flat in horse poo. If he thought his life was already hell, he hasn't seen anything yet. The cheeky sod poked his head of the window and all I had to do was give him the daggers.

I made my way to the towns water supply making sure to not be seen by anyone for enough time to get this off of my face. Merlin caught up to me eventually and we walked together in the cover of darkness to where the horses were waiting. My usual brown stead was waiting alongside Merlin's with the white stallion of Rows in between.

Row was currently laying on the floor looking up at the stars. She looked like a star herself in the shimmering greyish purple cloak surrounding her. Hearing footsteps she quickly sat up the hood that once covered her head fell to her back revealing the loose curls in her hair. "You two took your sweet time" she slyly smiled. "Don't even ask"

Her eyes widened and turned to Merlin. "oh Merlin, what did you do this time" she then began to giggle. I looked towards my servant giving him an eye warning him to keep his mouth shut but of course when does he ever listen.

He proceeded to tell the tale of my fall and what cushioned my landing and she looked me in the eyes, and I saw the side of her mouth twitch upwards. "You landed face first in horse poo?" I nodded and then she really did laugh. The dimples in her cheeks appeared and those little crinkles by her eyes. She brought a finger up to her left eye wiping a stray tear. "You're not going to ask if I'm ok? Not even going to embrace me?"

"Oh my apologies Arthur! How are you feeling anything hurting?" I shook my head smiling "only my pride due to your fit of giggles". She then stood up about to hug me but then took a step back. "Perhaps we should go back to the castle so your royal highness can take a bath".

My mouth dropped and I chuckled "well it would seem you're in a good mood tonight perhaps I could too if you would give me a hug". And with that I began chasing her around the field we were in with a smiling Merlin watching us. "Why won't you give me a hug Row?" I laughed getting closer to her. Noticing this she screamed and ran faster hoisting her skirt higher as we were in the treeline now with higher grass. "You know why Arthur Pendragon!"

She was within my reach as a grabbed her hand pulling her to a stop and turning her towards me. "Not so fast". I smiled bringing her hands closer to me as I lowered my head to rest against hers. Our heavy breathing was all we could hear as we parted so slightly my eyes met her crimson lips as hers met mine nothing else mattered but her in that moment as we brushed against one another. "erhm" My eyes met hers and i noticed the pink hue on her cheeks and then darted to my right to an awkward looking Merlin. "You never seize to amaze me Merlin" I snarled.

"We'd best get all saddled up Arthur we have a long journey ahead and we have no idea as to where we are travelling" she squeezed my hand before letting go and skipping to her white stallion. "Sorry Sire". 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 242 32
I don't own BBC Merlin or any of their characters. I only own any added storylines and my OC's. Arthur Pendragon x OC (Season One- ) "Have you ever...
10.6K 247 11
Based in the BBC Merlin universe with one small twist based around the character of Gwaine
120K 2.9K 36
Book 1 Season 1-3 A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at the raven haired boy in the stocks. "Really Merlin? The stocks? Let me guess... not your...
105K 4.3K 24
Merlin lays his life on the line to save Arthur yet again, only this time there are witnesses, lots of them. Only Arthur prevents him going to the he...