Forever Yours

By FonzFan

Sequel. Follow Severus and Katherine and their family and friends, through their complicated lives after the... More

NOTICE
Prologue 1: Fallen Soldiers
Prologue 2: A Young Man Dreams
Chapter 1: Home At Last
Chapter 2: Tell Me Everything
Chapter 3: Reunion
Chapter 5: The Prophet's Report, Part 1
Chapter 6: The Prophet's Report, Part 2
Chapter 7: Mr. Prince Goes to Town
Chapter 8: Union Station
Chapter 9: This is Who You Are
Chapter 10: Father & Son
Chapter 11: OWLs
Chapter 12: St. Augustine's
Chapter 13: Potions, Snitches & Nightmares
Chapter 14: Wakanda
Chapter 15: Birthday Kisses
Chapter 16: The Green Steam Engine
Chapter 17: Wounds We Keep Hidden From View
Chapter 18: Spoofhounds vs. Sidewinders
Chapter 19: All Hallows Eve
Chapter 20: A Peaceful Moon
Chapter 21: A Letter, A Bond and the Witch
Chapter 22: Christmas Shopping Chaos
Chapter 23: A Family Christmas Part 1
Chapter 24: A Family Christmas Part 2
Chapter 25: A Family Christmas Part 3
Chapter 26: Starting A New Year
Chapter 27: Re-Bonding & Re-Healing
Chapter 28: Forgiveness Begins the Healing
Chapter 29: A Big Decision
Chapter 30: "Coming of Age"
Chapter 31: I Remember You
Chapter 32: Training Days
Chapter 33: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 1
Chapter 34: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 2
Chapter 35: Dodging Hogwarts, Part 3
Chapter 36: Her First
Chapter 37: The Final Journey
Chapter 38: Turning One
Chapter 39: Sev's Fortieth
Chapter 40: "Something Unexpected"
Chapter 41: "Life Decisions"
Chapter 42: The Greatest Game Ever Played, Part 1
Chapter 43: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 2
Chapter 44: The Greatest Game Ever Played Part 3
Chapter 45: Graduation Day
Chapter 46: Draft Day

Chapter 4: Becoming a Real Prince

1.1K 50 0
By FonzFan

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OCs (Katherine, Septimus, Helena, Christoph, Elisa, Henry & Nick) are entirely my own.

----------------------------------------

Severus had no idea how long they sat there, listening to the strong thumping of his child's heartbeat. The sound was almost comforting in a way. Elisa waved her wand, cancelling the spell that amplified the baby's heart. Severus was amazed at how silent the room became once it was gone.

"Alright Katherine," Elisa said. "You're all finished. Now it's your turn Severus." The healer turned towards him, and chuckled lightly as Severus paled a bit more.

"I don't think she'll make you disrobe as far as I had to Sev," Katherine chuckled, as she buttoned her nightgown back up.

"That's right," the healer smiled. "Just open the bathrobe to expose your chest. I'll be able to get a clearer reading that way." Grudgingly Severus began opening the robe, revealing his pale chest to the brunette witch once again. Elisa waved her wand over him, starting from his head and moving downward.

"Well," Elisa smiled, lowering her wand. "You check out just fine as well...which actually puzzles me as to how you were both reported dead."

"It's a long story Elisa," Katherine said, as she sat up on the bed next to Severus, who was quickly closing the robe back up. "We'll explain when..."

"Hello?" Christoph's voice sounded through the house. "Where'd everyone disappear to?"

"We're in here Christoph!" Elisa shouted, rolling her eyes mockingly. Moments later, Christoph strode into the bedroom, with a arm full of clothes. He placed the bundle on the bed before Severus, who eyed the linens carefully. He, needless to say, was pleased to see the clothes Christoph had chosen for him. A charcoal gray dress shirt, black trousers and socks.

"Hope everything fits," Christoph said, as he went to stand next to his wife. "Otherwise Elisa is rather gifted with resizing charms. The boys are constantly growing, and if it weren't for that charm, we'd be buying new clothes left and right."

"Well Severus," Katherine said getting up off of the bed. "We'll leave you to get dressed, then the four of us can sit down for a cup of tea."

"Plus then we can get the paperwork sorted away," Christoph said, as he began following the two women to the door. "The Unspeakables will want a full biography and report to file in the morning."

-----------------------------------------------

About fifteen minutes later, Severus emerged from the bedroom. The trousers and shirt were a bit thicker width than his own, but with a flick of Elisa's wand, they were fitting perfectly.

The smell of pot roast filled the air as the two couples sat down at the small breakfast table in the kitchen. Elisa had popped back over to her home to retrieve the food, that she had started before Christoph had been called into work. The four ate and talked, mostly about the children, but occasionally about the hospital and government as well.

Once there meal was finished, Elisa and Katherine cleared the table, and Christoph brought out the paperwork that needed to be filed.

"Okay Severus," Christoph said, handing the first page to the other wizard. "This paper here is your information...your biological information. Katherine has filled out as much as she could, and I would like you to fill in the blank. Once finished this page will be filed in the Unspeakables Department, where no one outside that department can view it.

"This..." Christoph said, holding up the second page. "...will be your second set of information. Your new identity or public information, which we will fill out in a moment." The room went silent as Severus began filling in the blank spaces of the first page, which only took a few minutes. He was surprised at how much Katherine truly knew about him.

"Alright," Christoph said, as Severus handed the paper back to him. "Now we will start filling out the new information. Okay, full name that you want to go by?"

"Severus Tobi...no..." Severus stopped; a frown forming on his face.

"Sev?" Katherine said quietly, placing a hand on his arm. "What's the matter?"

"I do not want the name to be a part of me any longer," he said, taking a deep breath. "That man gave me nothing but life, and I do not want him in this life; my new life."

"Do you have an idea for a different middle name?" Christoph asked, his pen hovering just above the page. The room went silent once again as Severus went deep into thought.

"Arcadius," Severus whispered.

"What?" Katherine asked, her eyes snapping upwards to meet his dark ones.

"Severus Arcadius Prince," he said, staring into Katherine's eyes.

"How..." Katherine voice echoed through his mind.

"I'll explain later," he told her, then looked back to Christoph. "My name will be Severus Arcadius Prince."

"Got it," Christoph said, scratching the new name into the blank space. "Date of birth?"

"January ninth, nineteen-sixty."

"Blood status?"

"Half-blood."

And the questions continued on. Once Severus' new profile was completed, Christoph filled out a false marriage certificate for the couple; where both agreed to keep March twenty-fourth as the date of marriage, but changed the year to nineteen-seventy-nine. It would look much more agreeable if someone outside the country would get a hold of them.

"Alright you two," Christoph said, as he finished putting the last of the paperwork away. "I have one last question. Why does the government...no...the world think that the two of you are dead?" Katherine and Severus glanced at each other, silently conveying between each other as to how to explain the situation.

"Well," Katherine said, clearing her throat. "Let's just say that Severus died in a rather unconventional way."

"What?" both Elisa and Christoph said, looking back and forth between the other couple.

"I was 'killed' on the Dark Lord's orders," Severus said, frowning into his cup of tea.

"He ordered to kill you?" Christoph frowned. "But why? Did he find out your true allegiance?"

"No," Severus sighed. "Voldemort thought I had something that he wanted...but I didn't. He thought I possessed the Elder wand, Albus' wand, since I was the one to take the old man's life. But what the Dark Lord failed to realized is that I was not the one who disarmed Albus, so the wand was never mine to begin with."

"Obviously he didn't hit you with the killing curse," Elisa said. "Or Katherine's potion wouldn't have worked."

"You're right Elisa," Katherine piped up. "It was just like Septimus saw. It was a snake. A giant snake."

"Septimus saw?" Severus looked at Katherine questionably.

"When Septimus was eight, he all but flew into my bedroom one night," Katherine sighed. "He had had a nightmare about a giant snake, that attacked him. It bit him in the neck and left him for dead, but the strange thing about the dream was that he said he looked older. He said he was looking down at himself, but he said he looked grownup."

"When Katherine told us about the dream," Chrisoph continued the story. "We debated for a long time if it was just a dream or if the boy had actually had a vision. Needless to say, Katherine began working on a potion that would counteract the poison from a rather large snake."

"Great," Severus snorted. "My son's a seer."

"No, Sev. He's not," Katherine said, looking back up at him. "That is the only vision he has ever had. I know, because I know he would have told them to me if he had had more.

"Potter saw him die," Katherine continued, turning back to the others. "And since we soul bonded in our marriage, those who knew of the marriage knew that I saw to die as well. Once I saved Sev, I returned to the battle, which continued for several hours after that. When it was over, I transfigured two dead bodies into us, and then...we left."

"Well," Elisa sighed, grabbing Katherine's hand on the table. "I'm just glad that you both are alright, and not dead. When Christoph returned home for the office and told me that you were dead...well...it felt like a piece of me died with you. We're glad your both home safe and sound."

"We're glad to be home too," Katherine said, smiling back at Severus.

"Indeed," Severus smirked down at his wife. Now all that was left to do was to meet his son.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 418 18
*COMPLETE* Set the summer after the Order of the Phoenix. Harry receives a letter which will change his and a certain potions professors life forever...
53.4K 1.8K 22
Alecto would be attending her 5th year at Hogwarts where Severus is willing to fix their relationship and build it up after her fourth year. The Triw...
52K 1.5K 38
A new professor arrives at Hogwarts and Severus Snape could not be more annoyed that Defense Against the Dark Arts was given to someone new, but what...
3K 140 15
Severus and Laura made it through another year, but as Voldemort gets closer to taking over Hogwarts, Severus and Laura's relationship will be put to...