Hometown| Mike Wheeler

By tvdxst

Elizabeth Tate isn't that well known in Hawkins Middle School, but it is known that it wasn't likely she talk... More

SEASON ONE CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
SEASON TWO CAST
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
SEASON THREE CAST
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER FOUR

325 5 0
By tvdxst

Eleven takes a seat at Mike's table, that had a board game placed on it.

"What's the weirdo doing?" Lucas asks and Dustin shrugs.

We all gather around Eleven, and she closes her eyes.

"El?" Mike asks, but gets scolded by Ten to be quiet.

Her eyes open back up, and she picks up one of the game pieces. She brings it in front of her face, "Will."

"Superpowers." Dustin states as I look to see Mike's reaction.

"I don't get it," I tell the boys, "What does this have to do with Will?"

"It's Will's D&D character," Lucas informs, "Will the Wise."

I nod in understanding as Mike takes a seat at the table.

"Did you see him? On Mirkwood?" Mike asks softly, "Do you know where he is?"

Ten shoves some of the game pieces off of the board before Eleven flips it over, showing us the other side of the cardboard game that was covered in black.

Eleven slams down Will's game piece, and I jump a little.

"I don't understand." Mike states.

"Hiding." El breathes out.

"Will is hiding?" Mike questions.

El nods.

"From who? Where?" I press.

"From the bad men?" Mike quizzes. El shakes her head in response, "Then from who?"

Ten reaches over Eleven, picking up a different piece and placing it next to Will's. The creature looked a bit familiar. It was tall and had long tentacles sticking out of its side, along with two heads.

The boys all share a glance of fear as I whisper, "What's going on? What is that?"

"That is the Demogorgon," Dustin trembles.

|

"We just tell our parents we're going to AV club after school," Mike states, "That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?" Lucas asks as I get up from my spot next to Eleven on the couch, now standing with the boys.

"Hey, stop calling them that," I demand, "They're Ten and Eleven."

Lucas huffs as Mike speaks up, "Just trust us on this, okay?"

"Okay." Lucas sighs.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike then asks.

"Yeah," Lucas starts to pull some things out of his backpack, "Binoculars...from 'Nam. Army knife...also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana...and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin ridicules.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket." Lucas starts.

"And second, do you have a better plan, Dustin?" I cut in.

"And third of all, the Demogorgons not real," Lucas finishes, "It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas snaps his 'wrist rocket', "And blind it."

Mike sighs, "Dustin, what did you get?"

Dustin smiles as he grabs his bag, tipping it over and pouring out a bunch of junk food, "Well, alrighty. So, we've got...Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple," Mike, Lucas, and I all shared a 'seriously?' look with each other as Dustin continued, "banana, and trail mix."

"Seriously?" Lucas groans.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyways? We have them." Dustin points to Eleven and Ten.

"She shut one door, and she made water float into her mouth!" Lucas exclaims in frustration.

"With their minds!" Dustin retorts, "Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff they could do," I look to Mike, who was already looking at me, pursing his lips in annoyance, "Like...I bet...they could make this fly," He pushes off the blanket to reveal some type of spaceship toy, he brings it to the two girls, standing in front of them, "Hey, hey, okay, concentrate, okay?" He lets go of the toy, and it hits the floor.

"Hey, uh, Dustin? Yeah, I don't think this is going to work." I announce.

"Shh," Dustin demands, and I put my hands up in surrender, "Okay, one more time. Okay. Use your powers, okay?" Dustin drops it again, and still it doesn't work.

"Idiot." Lucas mutters and Mike sighs.

"Eleven is not a dog!" Mike yells, stomping to Dustin and snatching the spaceship, "Uh-and Ten too. They're not dogs.

"Boys!" Mike's mom shouts from upstairs, "Time for school!"

"Just stay down here," Mike orders to the girls, "Don't make any noise, and don't leave. If any of you get hungry eat Dustin's snacks, okay?"

"Michael!" His mom shouts again. The two other boys had already ran upstairs.

"Coming!" Mike screams, "You know those power lines?" He asks them.

"Power lines?" Eleven questions.

"Yeah. The ones behind my house." Mike explains.

"Ten will show you, right T?" I smile.

She nods her head, "Yes."

"Meet us there, after school." Mike states.

"After school?" El asks.

"Yeah, 3:15," Mike nods. When the girls only stare at him, he unclasps his watch, "Ah. When the numbers read three-one-five, meet us there," He orders, putting the watch on Eleven's wrist.

"Three-one-five." Ten repeats.

"Three-one-five." Mike slightly smiles, before picking up his bag.

"Meet you at school." I say as I rush out the back door, climbing straight onto my bike and racing down the street.

|

I was talking to some random bunch of girls at recess, I sometimes talk to them when i'm in the mood, or feeling to alone, but most of the time I just chill by myself on the wall. As I glance over I see the boys, and I see Lucas on one knee in front of Mike. I have no words, I only smile. But, my smile fades when two other people show up. James and Troy. Immediately I start to run around the fence. When I first saw this happen, I did nothing, but I can't just let this keep going on.

As I get to the boys, Troy sticks his foot out, tripping Mike, making him bash his chin on a hard rock. I slide onto the floor next to Mike, "Oh, my-Mike, are you okay?"

Lucas and Dustin join me in helping him up as Troy remarks, "Watch where you're going, Frogface," When his eyes meet me, they widen, "Elizabeth Tate? What are you doing here helping the freaks?"

"They're not freaks, Troy," I argue, "They are nice, funny, and respectful kids, the only freaks here are you and James."

"Oh, I see," He chuckles, "You're apart of the queers now."

"Never thought I'd see the day." James snickers.

I grunt, "Shut up."

"Shut up, really," Troy laughs, "That's the best you got?"

"Just get out of here, Troy." I groan, trying to calm myself down, and he shrugs.

The two dickheads walk away, high-fiving.

"You all right?" Lucas asks Mike.

"Yeah." Mike sputters, wiping his chin.

We all watch the two continue to walk away, glaring at the back of their heads. That is until Dustin bends down, picking up a rock, "Hey. How about this one?"

"Yeah." Mike chuckles, holding the rock he was hit with in his hand.

"Yeah?" Dustin smiles.

"Yeah, this is it." Mike nods, handing it to Lucas.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, this is the monster killer!" Lucas examines the rock, a goofy grin on his face, making us all laugh, "Whoo!"

That moment of happiness wore off as I looked back to the boys, who had stupid smirks on their faces as they conversed on a bench.

"I'll be right back," I tell the boys, marching away. I make it to the jerks quickly, considering I took long strides. I stand in front of them, looking down at them with a glare, "What's you assholes problems?"

"Our problem?" Troy laughs, standing up, "We're not the ones sticking up for the freaks."

"They aren't freaks!" I scream, "Their best friend just went missing, cut them some slack."

"And we care...why?" Troy shakes his head as he laughs with James. Before I can think, my arms lunge forward, shoving Troy backwards. He only laughs again, "You shove like a girl."

That only fuels my anger more, and I shove him back with more force, making him fall to the ground.

"Hey, watch it, punk." James shoves me, and I catch myself before I can fall back.

"Lets get out of here, we can't be seen near the newest member of the freakshow." Troy stands up, pushing me harshly as he walks past, James at his side.

|

"T, El!" I shout, grabbing their attentions as they both looked a little scared.

"You okay?" Mike asks Eleven. She nods before Mike pats his seat, "Hop on, we only have a few hours."

Ten climbs onto the back of my old bike, and we ride off.

|

We were walking the woods, Ten was beside Dustin and I was standing next to Lucas.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" I look to him, and he looks back.

"Sure." He nods.

"Why don't you like having new people in your group?" I ask, "Are you just...scared? Of having new friends?"

Lucas shakes his head, looking to the ground. His voice drops to a whisper, "Not of having new friends, no. I'm scared that they're gonna leave me for girls, and obviously I don't want to lose my closest and only friends."

I smile sadly at Lucas, wrapping my arm around his shoulder, "Don't worry, I'm sure no girls are gonna steal Dustin, Mike, or Will. And if they do, you still got me."

"Thanks, Elizabeth." Lucas smiles.

"Call me Lizzie." I add.

"Alright, Lizzie." Lucas grins.

|

We follow El and Ten out of the woods, and to a small house. They both stop just before the drive way, and El turns, "Here."

"Yeah, this is where Will lives." Mike states.

"Hiding." Ten breathes out.

"Hiding? I don't think Will is hiding in his house, T. He would have been found." I dismiss her thoughts, well, try to.

"Yeah, this is where he lives," Mike continues what I was saying, "He's missing from here. Understand?"

"What are we doing here?" Lucas groans, dropping his bike on the grass.

"They said he's hiding here." Mike responds.

"Um...no!" Lucas exclaims in a duh-tone.

"I swear, if we walked all the way out here for nothing-" Dustin begins.

"That's exactly what we did!" Lucas intervenes.

"Maybe they...maybe they just messed it up. Yeah!" I turn to the girls, "I don't think this is the place you were looking for, okay? Maybe you should try thinking again or something."

"No." Ten replies.

"I told you guys they didn't know what the hell they're talking about!" Lucas shouts.

"Why did you bring us here?" Mike asks Eleven, slightly irritated.

Eleven begins to stammer, but Lucas cuts her off, "Mike, don't waste your time with them."

"What do you want to do then?" Mike queries.

"Call the cops, like we should have done yesterday." Lucas argues.

"No, no way! They said bad men were after them. We can't just hand them over to the cops." I shake my head vigorously.

"She's right. We're not calling the cops." Mike agrees.

"Hey, guys?" Dustin tries gaining everyone's attention, but fails. So he raises his voice over the arguing of the two other boys, "Guys!"

Sirens wailing could be heard, and the lights could be seen flickering by as police cars and an ambulance speed past the Byers house.

"Will..." Mike trails.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 743 36
Jenna Howard has lived a forgettable life in the quaint town of Hawkins, Indiana. Nothing was ever out of the ordinary, and she never wanted to chang...
49.9K 1.1K 12
"π˜πŽπ” 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 π‡π€π–πŠπˆππ’" a year has flown in. a normal year of hanging out with friends, bonding with jim and educating herself b...
246K 6.9K 31
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. ************************* "Don't you trust me?" "Of course not! I would never tru...
2.1K 38 14
Jillian Byers was (similar to her twin) an outcast. She didn't have many friends and actually cared about grades, unlike any of the other girls in he...