The Bet (Completed)

By Honesty577

When Jason and Darrelle make a bet involving Darrell's dating life, he thought it would be easy since women w... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Question(?)
BLACK LIVES MATTER✊🏿‼️
END SARS✊🏿‼️
#HELPCONGO✊🏿‼️
RIPTIDE
HONDURAS#VIOLENCEAGAINSTWOMEN
WOMEN#STOPVIOLENCEAGAINSTWOMEN
NB!!!

8

21.3K 1.2K 363
By Honesty577

Darrelle's POV
The ringing continued and I rolled over realizing it was my phone, I picked it up running my hand over my face. I answered it realized that it was Nia calling.

"Hello," I said sleepily.

"I'm home,"

"What time is it?"

"Two something,"

"And you just got off work? " I asked

"I got off at one, I got home at two, " she clarified and I chuckled.

"Baby that isn't any better, it isn't healthy, "

"I know, I'm going to let you get some sleep," she mumbled her mood changing slightly probably from my choice of a nickname.

"No, I wanna talk to you, "

"About what? "

"I don't know, I just wanna talk, just say something, " I said closing my eyes.

"I'm tired, "

"I should probably let you sleep, shouldn't I?"

"Yes," she replied amused and I smiled.

"What are you about to do?"

"I'm going to take a shower and then go to bed,"

"Well do that and bring me along," I said and I heard the sweet sound of her laughter through the phone.

"Goodbye Darrelle," she replied ending the call, the sound of silence invading the speaker.
.
.
.
.
I woke up to the sound of noise. I sat up in my bed slowly listening to realize it was loud chatter. I got up pulling on a pair of swear pants before walking down stairs irritated.

"Yow," I shouted as I walked into the livingroom to see Dantae sitting and talking with people that I assumed to be his friends.

"Keep the damn noise down I'm trying to sleep," I said frustrated.

"I'm sorry man, I didn't realize that we were that loud," Dantae apologized and I sighed knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I made my way upstairs taking a quick shower, brushing my teeth, before pulling on some black joggers a grey v-neck with matching socks and my black slides.

I grabbed my phone walking back downstairs, grabbing my key off the small table by the door.

"I'm going to the store, you want anything?" I asked Dantae retying my durag.

"Just some chips," he said and I nodded going outside getting in my car. My phone started ringing I checked the caller ID answering it.

"Nia,"

"Hey, are you busy?"

"Not really I was just gonna stop by the store and pick up some groceries, why?" I asked and the line went silent for sometime.

"I just want to see you," she said shyly and I smiled.

"Where are you?"

"The office,"

"You're working now, on a Saturday?"

"Yeah I just had somethings I needed to straighten out before court Monday," she replied softly.

"Okay I'll be there in 10-20 minutes," I told her and she hung up. I returned my phone to my pocket before driving off.
.
.
.
.
.
I sat there scrolling through my phone as I waited for her to come down. I looked to my right to see her walking towards the car, I stepped out quickly grabbing her briefcase.

"Thank you," she whispered touching my shoulder walking past me getting into the car. I smiled moving over to my side of the car opening the door going in, I closed the door before putting her briefcase in the backseat.

"So all I get is touch on the shoulder?" I asked amused as I motioned for her to put on her seatbelt.

"I told you that was just a one time thing," she said putting on her seatbelt.

"You meant that?"

"Yes," she said looking over to me and I sighed frustrated looking in front of me, starting the car before driving off.

"You got an attitude now?" She asked making me realize I did.

"I'm good," I replied

"I love seeing you in red," I added as I stopped at the light using the time to admire her outfit, she was in a black pants suit with matching heels and a red button down shirt on the inside that complemented her red lip, her natural curls well defined.

"It's my favorite colour," she replied turning to look at me, her eyes meeting mine.

"I think it just became mine too," I said loving the way it complemented her skin. She rolled her eyes turning away from a smile hiding on her lips making me chuckle.

"Where are we going?" She asked as I drove off.

"To get some groceries, then I'm going to by some food and head home," I told and she nodded.

"How was your day?" I asked and I felt her eyes on me.

"Tiring, my feet hurt," she said mumbling the last part.

"I'll rub your feet for you when we get back,"

"You don't have to,"

"But I want to," I said glancing at her for a split second, my hand moving to her knee.

"So how was your day?" She asked removing my hand making me chuckle.

"I woke up to noise, my brother has friends over, can't even sleep in my damn house"

"Your brother lives with you?"

"It's temporary he just moved here," I told her turning on Diana Avenue.

"At least you're a good brother," she said amused and I chuckled glancing I her direction.

"What does that mean?"

"Whatever you want it to Darrelle," she said looking down at her phone making me smile. We continued to talk for the rest of drive to the supermarket, we were currently walking through the store a cart in my hand as we moved down the meat isle.

"Can you cook?" She asked as I looked for the perfect piece of chicken.

"I can," I replied inspecting the pack of meat I was holding, I watched as she bent over beside me, I titled my head slightly looking at her ass.

"You're a fucking pervert," she said amused glancing over to me for a split second before standing up with the perfect pack of chicken in her hand, the look on her face making me know she did it purposefully.

"Did you expect me to not look?" I asked amused as she placed the meat in the cart.

"I expected you to not make it obvious,"

"I'm not ashamed, you're goung to see me appreciate you," I said and her eyes stayed on me for a couple seconds before we began walking again.

"2 white Bread, 3 wheat and crackers," I said and she grabbed them putting them in the cart as we moved to her cereal isle.

"What's your favorite?" I asked and she smiled looking back at me.

"I like the normal, plain cornflakes, you?" She asked and I motioned for her to grab her favorite.

"Cocoa Puffs, it's something about chocolate," I said eyeing her my words holding a double meaning, she smiled grabbing a box of cocoa Puffs on her way back putting it in the cart.

After a couple minutes we were outside, well I was I told her to wait in her car much to her dismay as I packed the bags in the back. I closed the trunk tipping the worker who helped us with the cart before moving into the car.

"You hungry?" I asked and she shook her head folding her legs, pushing her hair away from her face looking at me.

"I ate before you picked me up," she said and I smiled easing out of my parking spot.

"And what exactly did you eat?" I asked as I turned driving off, my hand moving to her knee.

"Shrimp pasta,"  she replied moving my hand making me chuckle.

"From Sleb's?" I asked knowing there was one a few blocks away from her building.

"Yeah, you eat there?" She asked and I nodded.
.
.
.
.
"Can you not?" She asked me as my hand moved closer to her ass.

"Not what?" I asked smiling she rolled her eyes as I turned into the drive thru. She grabbed my hand moving it to my leg and I chuckled looking over to her.

"So I can't touch you?" I asked her playfully.

"No," she answered pointing in front of us. I drove up realizing the car I was behind moved.

"Can I get a number 6 with a large fry, mash potatoes and a large orange juice," I said ordering

"Will that be all?" I heard a female voice ask.

"Hold on," I told her turning to Nia. "Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"I'm fine," she replied.

"Yeah that's all,"

"Okay please make your way up to the window," she replied as I drove off waiting in line.

"So why can't I touch you? ," I asked her softly both my hands on the steering wheel.

"You're still on this," She said laughing slightly and I gave her a 'yes of course' look.

"Fine D you can touch me," she said smiling I chuckled driving up to the window, moving my hand to her thigh, loving the nickname.

"That will be $20.95¢" the lady at the window said her back turned to us. I grabbed my wallet taking out fifty dollars handing it to her, before grabbing my order giving Nia to hold.

"Keep the change," I said and she said a small thank you flashing me a grateful smile as I drove off. I placed my drink in the cup holder keeping a hand on the wheel.

"You can put it in the back of you want" I told her referring to the food, my hand moving to her thigh as I looked both ways before turning onto the road.

"I'm fine" she said leaning back, her eyes closed.

"You good?"

"Yeah," she answered nodding. I continued to drive as we enjoyed the comfortable silence in between us.

"Do you want me to cook for you?" I asked

"If you want to," she replied as I made the left turn I glanced over to her to see her eating fries.

"I thought you said you didn't want anything," I said chuckling stopping at a light.

"Well I didn't want anything then," she replied bitting into my chicken, I laughed waiting for the light to change to green, I leaned over and she placed the leg towards me. I took a bite chewing as I drove off.

"How do the fries taste?" I asked her as she placed another one in her mouth.

"Like mine," she replied placing one in my mouth, I chuckled chewing loving that she was finally getting comfortable around me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️‼️

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️‼️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 15 18
Jason Alexander aka Jay Rock, is a twenty seven year old man raising his twins Jason junior and Brie named after her mom,she died and Jason had to s...
407K 11.3K 40
Kierra Rogers is a shy, smart student who stays out of the spotlight. She also has a secret and a past that still effects her. Jordan Williams is the...
75.6K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...
141K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...