Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)

399 5 2
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene begins with Arc in the medical room, studying his arm. After their mission in Monstroplis, Arc found out his arm is in fact spreading, and he's figuring out why that's the case.

Arcturus: give it to me straight, Clara. How bad is it?

Clara: very bad. It seems that every time you use Dragon King, it spreads more and more. Your Drive Forms slow it down, and when you don't use either, it's slow. But, either way, it's growing.

Arcturus: what happens when it completely spreads?

Clara: I don't know. But, until we have more info, you shouldn't use Dragon King unless absolutely necessary.

Arcturus: (sighs and leans back on the bed) wish you could help me, Dad.

Putting his jacket back on along with his gauntlet, he enters back the main living room and found Sora lost in thought.

Arcturus: something on your mind, buddy?

Sora: (gets up from his chair and faces them) we should go to the realm of darkness!

Donald: no way!

Goofy: you can't go there until you get the power of waking!

Sora: but come on! We have to do something! If we don't act, the Organization's gonna win! (Turns to Arc) Arc, help me out.

Arcturus: look, I wanna get Aqua out of that Hell as soon as possible. But, we can't do that without a way to get in the realm of darkness.

Jiminy: (hops on Sora's shoulder) Sora, do you know how to get to the realm of darkness?

Sora: (pulls out his Gummi phone) well, Riku and the King do.

Donald: they won't tell you.

Goofy: nope, not until you complete your own mission.

Sora: and how long will that take? I don't know where to start. My old powers are gone, the lead to Roxas and Naminé is lost in the dust, and we still don't even know how to find Ventus or Terra. (Sits back down) I can't just still and wait for something to happen!

Goofy and Donald were surprised by Sora's outburst. Sora's usually more positive and optimistic about the situation. But, it seems he was slowly reaching his breaking point. They then heard ringing and Sora sees his phone.

Donald and Goofy: the King?

Sora: nope. (Answers the phone) Ienzo?

Ienzo: is this a bad time?

Sora: not really. What's up?

Ienzo: so, I have some news about Ansem's Code and the replicas we need for Roxas and Naminé's hearts.

Arcturus: well, don't keep the suspense. What do we got?

Ienzo: first, the replicas. Even is still missing, but we found some of his research. See if we can learn something of it.

From that moment, a flash drive appears in Arc's mailbox and he plugs it into the computer for him and Clara to scan it.

Clara: well, there's not much. This is just covering the basics of the replicas. In order to have a complete formula, we're gonna need a smart mind to figure this out.

Arcturus's Thoughts: unfortunately, we can't ask Tony or even Helen Cho for help. They're smart, but there's a difference on making an artificial intelligence to building a human body for a person.

Sora: okay, so what else did you find?

Ienzo: it's about Ansem the Wise's data. We've discovered a very interesting passage. Here's what he wrote.

They then saw a passage appear on the holo-screen.

"I have discovered three unique hearts inside of Sora's. One is Roxas. The second has been with Sora for nearly as long. And a third has resided in Sora's heart for even longer—most of his life in fact. This is a truly astonishing discovery. While these hearts have now melded with Sora—grown silent and indistinct—Sora retains the memories of all three. The memories have been compartmentalized—each placed in its own 'box,' so to speak. I surmise the hearts can be awoken, provided that each of them is returned to the box that contains the correct memories. Unite the heart with its memories, and provide it a suitable body within which it may flourish, and I believe any or all three of these people can be made real again."

Sora: Roxas and two more?

Jiminy: who else?

Arcturus: I might have an idea on who else. Thanks for this, Ienzo.

Ienzo: certainly. Take care. (Ends call)

Donald: three different hearts...

Goofy: one of them's Roxas. The other one must be Ventus.

Donald: you're gonna believe what Vanitas said?

Arcturus: he might be as big of a madman as Cronos is, but he has reasons for going after us.

Goofy: Sora, do you know who the third one might be?

Arcturus's Thoughts: that has to be Xion. But, they don't know that yet. Still, we can't leave her behind. (Speaks) I think this is someone who could be connected to Roxas's past.

Sora: what makes you say that?

Clara: well, the passage did say that one of the hearts was there just as long as Roxas. So, they have to be someone connected to him.

Donald: so, what now?

Arcturus: how about a lunch break? We've been busy for the past few days, we should take a breather before continuing.

With that said, the gang heads to the kitchen for a meal.

*DARK WORLD*

In the realm of darkness, some time before Mickey and Riku arrived, was Aqua and a man wearing the Organization cloak siting down at the beach shore.

Man: (turns to Aqua) tell me, will you stay here?

Aqua: I can't shake the feeling that these waters touched another shore I've visited. (Both look back at the sea)

Man: the Destiny Islands .

Aqua: (turns back to him) you've heard of them?

Man: yes. They are quite lovely—a far cry from this wasteland.

Aqua doesn't respond immediately and just looks back at the shore and has a small smile.

Aqua: I'm staying. Someone will come for me.

Man: these waters are the in-between of darkness and light, its shores the margin of day and night. They brought you and I together, so why not also you and another?

Aqua: yes.

They stayed in silence for a bit, until they heard footsteps from behind.

Aqua: (turns to them) who's there?

The figure approaching them turns out to be none other then Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Man: you...

Ansem: Master...I must have a word with you.

Man: (removes hood to reveal Ansem the Wise) "Master"? So now you mock me.

Ansem: do you recall those experiments of the heart you bade me cease? (Walks closer) among the test subjects was a girl. She had lost her memory, just as I had. But...you can reconstruct memories. You did with Sora. (Stops) I believe you have seen the girl's memories.

Ansem the Wise: (getting to the point) what is your question?

Ansem: where did you put the girl?

Ansem the Wise: (playing dumb) what girl?

Ansem: very well. If you won't tell me here...

He reaches out to grab him, but Aqua slaps his hand away and stands in between them.

Aqua: (gets in a stance) I think you should go.

Ansem: a lost guardian of light? (Smirks) you wait here...for the king and his fool.

Ansem crosses his arms, and from behind him, came the Guardian. It attacks Aqua and pushes her back. She gets back up, but the Heartless notices something different.

Ansem: where's your Keyblade?

Aqua: don't need it!

She charges in towards the guardian and kicks it in the face. She jumps back, but it grabs her leg. Before anything else could happen, Ansem the Wise has enough.

Ansem the Wise: no more! I'll go.

Ansem: (finger gun points) you are wise.

Aqua then breaks free and does a drop kick on Ansem before flipping back.

Ansem: poor thing. I mustn't leave you with nothing.

The guardian then generates a dark orb, and fires it directly at Aqua. She's then sent back and lands in the water. Ansem the Wise is shocked and collapses to his knees. With Aqua, she's sinking down into the abyss and soon begins to hear screams of other souls that have been lost in this hell.

Aqua: (sees darkness spreading on her body) what...is this feeling?

Soon darkness covers her whole body and the screams increase as she closes her eyes and descends deeper.

*WORLD MAP*

While the guys were finishing up their lunch, Sora's phone rings and he answers it to see the call's from Dale.

Dale: hiya, Sora.

Sora: hey, Dale. What's up?

Dale: Chip just got a message from Merlin. (Off to the side) Chip! I got him! Hey, Chipper!

Chip: (enters) hi, Sora!

Sora: Hi, Chip. Does Merlin need us for something?

Chip: yep, I think it's got something to do with some kind of book. He said he'll have a cup of tea while he waits for ya.

Dale: a cup of tea where?

Chip: oh no! He said tea, but he didn't say where.

Dale: do you mean he left before you could find out?

Chip: he's a tough wizard to pin down. (Goes back to the phone) anyway, message delivered. Bye! (Ends call)

Arcturus: that's a terrible message.

Sora: where could he be having tea?

Donald: I don't know.

Goofy: (thinks for a bit) say, if you were gonna have a cup of tea, wouldn't you wanna have it at the best restaurant that you could find?

Sora: (realizes what he means) ohh... Of course!

Donald: Little Chef's Bistro.

Arcturus: I could go for some Chai there.

Goofy: yeah! Let's go drop by Twilight Town, and we can see if Merlin's there.

*TWILIGHT TOWN*

At the bistro, a wizard in a blue suit, a pointy hat, glasses and a white beard was having tea. This was Merlin. He then sees the four world travelers approaching him.

Merlin: ah, greetings, gentlemen. What brings you all the way out here? Besides the finest tea this side of Big Ben, of course.

Sora: (confused) huh? But...Merlin, I thought that you asked us to stop by.

Merlin: gracious, did I? (Sora nods yes)

Goofy: didn't ya leave a message for us with Chip and Dale?

Donald: about a book?

Arcturus: which by the way, next time, include the address when you want to meet up.

Merlin: (remembers) ah! Yes, the book. That's right.

He then takes his wand and hits his suitcase and inside, was a book titled "Winnie the Pooh" and with the cover having a bear siting on a log and looking at the night sky. In the past, Sora has worked to help the magic book by collecting torn pages from it and reassembling the book. Before, Sora was on the cover, but it looks like it changed again.

Sora: Pooh's storybook.

Donald: but Sora's not on it.

Goofy: did something happen?

Merlin: well, that's what you need to find out, lad.

A little later, Donald was holding the book up and Sora had his Keyblade ready.

Sora: okay, I'll see you in a bit.

Goofy: take care.

Merlin: yes, and good luck.

Sora then glows and fades into the book. Arc then decides to head off to a quiet place for a bit.

Donald: where are you going?

Arcturus: I'm gonna make a call to someone. I'll be back in a few.

He takes off to a quite place with no eyes anywhere and completely alone. He pulls out his holophone and calls Lightning.

Lightning: hey, kiddo.

Arcturus: hey, mom. How are you?

Lightning: been better. You?

Arcturus: been better.

Lightning: what's up? You don't just call me without a reason.

Arcturus: you're right. I need help with something that could help a few friends of ours.

*SORA*

Back with Sora, he was walking up to a tree house where he saw Pooh and Piglet thinking nearby.

Pooh: oh, bother. Think, think, think...

Sora: Pooh bear! (Walks over to them) you okay?

Pooh: oh! Hello there, Sora. (Stands up) you're home.

Sora: (a bit confused) uh...huh? Good to see you, Pooh. And you, too, Piglet.

Piglet: hello.

Sora: you're not in trouble? But I thought something odd must be going on.

Pooh: hmm, let me see... I don't remember anything oddish, but perhaps I've forgotten. (Thinking pose) think, think, think...

???: oh, we've got trouble all right! (Rabbit enters)

Piglet: would that be the Rabbit sort of trouble? (Rabbit shoots him a look) s-s-s-sorry, please continue.

Sora simply chuckles as he sees more of the characters enter. He saw Roo riding a purple elephant walking towards him.

Sora: wow! Who's this?

Roo: (hops off and turns to the elephant) it's okay. He's my friend.

Sora: hi, I'm Sora.

Lumpy: and I'm Lumpy! It's nice to meet you! (Stomps around a bit)

Gopher: sufferin' sassafras! Stomp around a little louder, why don't ya?

Lumpy: oh! Gopher, I'm sorry.

Piglet: (chuckles) I kind of like it when the ground gets bouncy,

Gopher: (turns to him) well, I suppose if something has to bounce... (turns away) speaking of...

Sora all the sudden gets pounded by a tiger stuff animal with a springy tail. This is Tigger.

Tigger: (laughs) back for some more bouncin' Sora?

Sora: (grins) Tigger!

Tigger: (bounces) c'mon, let's go! You too, Roo!

Roo: (bounces too) yippee!

Lump: me too! Me too! I wanna bounce!

Tigger: oh yes, it is time for bouncin'! Say no more! All would-be bouncers are welcome.

Pooh: oh, I remember now. Rabbit's trouble is harvest related.

Rabbit: well, thank you for remembering my plight, Pooh. Better late than never. (Turns to the bouncers) excuse me! (Walks over to them) would anyone else care to remember why we're here?

Bouncers: (stops and thinks)

Pooh: as I recall, we came to help you with your garden, Rabbit. After which, perhaps, you'll invite us in for a smackerall or two of honey?

Rabbit: correct. (Shakes his head in realization) no. No! I mean, we'll see about that, Pooh. (Beat) now, the garden, if you please? (Turns to Sora) you can help, too, Sora.

Sora: (surprised) what? Me too?

*ARC*

Back with Arc, he had finished explaining to his problem about the replicas.

Arcturus: do you know anyone who might be able to help us?

Lightning: (thinks for a bit) hmm... Well, this is definitely similar to the artificial births back home. But, what you're asking for is to build bodies for people who didn't exist to begin with. It harder then creating new life.

Arcturus: but they did exist! Roxas, Naminé, even Xion we're always true people. We're running out of options, and we're still trying to find the lost wielders. (Beat) Mom, please...is there something we can do? Anything?

Lightning: (long pause) there maybe one person...

*SORA*

Back in the book, Sora had finished helping them not only harvest vegetables, but also fruits. Rabbit then ask for Sora's help with the flowers for a surprise for Pooh. After they finished, Rabbit used the flowers to produce enough honey for a pot for Pooh.

Rabbit: here, Pooh. A pot full of honey. It's your reward for being such a big help. Eat all you want.

Pooh: (happily accepts the pot) oh, thank you, Rabbit! (Sits down)

Piglet: you planted all these flowers just for Pooh?

Rabbit: (nods yes)

Roo: really? Why?

Gopher: it's simple, sonny. Flowers mean nectar. Nectar means honeybees. And honeybees...mean honey.

Lumpy: oh, and the flowers are so lovely. I like the pretty colors.

The wind then blows and the petals began to get carried up to the sky.

Tigger: (laughs and bouncing) look at 'em all. They're bouncin' even higher than me!

Everyone looks amazed at the sky and Pooh then turns to Sora.

Pooh: Sora, I believe the one I should thank for all that yummy, delicious honey is you.

Sora: (crouches down to him) don't mention it, Pooh. Besides, we all helped.

Pooh: um, Sora?

Sora: hm?

Pooh: (places hand on his heart) you use to be right here. Why is it that you went away?

Sora: away? (Remembers earlier) oh, that's what you meant by "you're home."

Pooh: yes. You see, when I get a rumbly in my tumbly, it's very hard to think of anything but honey. So I was worried I might have forgotten you away

Sora: silly bear, I'd never

Pooh: (smiles) oh, good, because I want us to be together forever.

Sora: Pooh. (Places hand on heart) we are together. There isn't a second that we're not. (Thoughts) except I can feel it. Our connection's weaker... Why is that?

Pooh: (concern) what's wrong, Sora?

Sora: (not wanting to worry him) oh, it's nothing. What matters is I'll be here (points at his heart) from now on. (Pooh smiles) no going away.

Pooh: thank you, Sora.

The friends then look back at the sky and just smile. Outside the book, the cover changes again and Sora receives a new Keyblade.

Honey Sprout

Back in the real world, Sora returns and Arc comes back.

Arcturus: hey Sora. How'd it go?

Merlin: splendid. All is as it should be.

Goofy: but how come Sora's picture disappeared in the first place?

Donald: (sees Sora's expression) Sora?

Sora: something's happened to me that made me vanish from Pooh's heart. (Turns to Merlin) Merlin, I don't ever want to lose my friends.

Merlin: well, now.

Sora: huh?

Merlin: there's no need to fret, lad. (Walks over) whatever's lost can be found again. There are always new paths between hearts for us to discover and transverse. (Holds the book up) but you already know that.

He then turns the book over and shows Sora. The boy smiles in appreciation and they decide to head off to the next world. As they walked, Sora decides to ask Arc something.

Sora: hey Arc, what were you up too while I was gone?

Arcturus: I spoke with my mom about our replica problem. She says she knows someone who could help us, so she's making arrangements with my boss, Sentinel, for us to meet with them.

Sora: great! How long will that take?

Arcturus: a few days, a week tops. It should give us plenty of time to find the others while we make a plan.

Goofy: so then, fellas, what should we do next?

Sora: I still need the power of waking. So, until we find the lost Keyblade wielders, and until Arc's mom comes back with that lead, we'll keep going and helping people.

Donald: yeah!

Goofy: sounds good.

Clara: right!

Arcturus: (smiles) good enough for me. (Thoughts) the way how Sora described his trip to see Pooh... (remembers the broken mural from Daybreak) could this have something to do with the mural from before? I'm not sure. Although...this strange feeling. What is it?

None of them could see it, but from behind, Arc's shadow had changed. Instead of his normal one, it was large with big wings and what looked like armor from the sides. What does this mean?

Author's note: first mini-game world done.
If I'm honest with you, this one has mix feelings for me. Don't get me wrong, I've loved Winnie the Pooh since I was a little kid, and the art style for the environment is amazing. But, one of things that made this world fun was the mini games. If I had to rank this world's different versions; KH1: best open world. KH2: best mini games. KH3: best environment art style. I think if they had more world expansion in KH3's, or at least other mini games, then this would've been amazing.
The situation with the arm will be explained at Future City and Remnant chapters.
Aqua goes deeper in hell. I think this takes place before Riku and Mickey arrived the first time, because they couldn't find her. Also, I added the screams to really emphasize that this is Hell in the KH universe.
Arcturus and Lightning have a conversation. I won't reveal on who's this person until they get to Future City, but it will be some who who will not only help our favorite Nobodies, but have a strong connection to Arc.
I didn't realize it until looking back at the cutscenes, but this mysterious girl that Ansem spoke about, and the one Lea and Saix speak about later, along with the nameless star and the girl with Yozora. Is it possible that they all could be connected in some way or form?
I'm figuring out on when to do the rest of the mini game worlds, but I'll worry about that in the future.

Next chapter: my least favorite world out of all of them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 327 19
After the events of Kingdom Hearts 3 and KH3 Re Mind, Sora awakens floating in the middle of the ocean while hearing a battle take place. Wanting to...
223 1 17
Sora starts his sophomore year of high school with his best friends, Riku and Kairi! The trio of friends join the Helpful Club to help other people o...
5.6K 47 12
Y/N's just a normal girl. Living a good life in Radiant Garden. Until one day she's walking home and she spots some of her friends in trouble. They'r...
2.6K 162 8
#. twst + kh x reader! → whenever visiting a new world, you're never supposed to mention the ones that came before it. they must never know of one a...