Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2

438 5 5
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene picks up where we left off. The gang makes their way to the power plant, but when they arrive, they see sections of the area caught on fire. And in that fire, was the frog Unversed.

Mike: oh no...

Arcturus: what'd we got, Clara?

Clara: nothing good. Those things are spreading the fires on different sections of the plant. They're contained for now, but if they reach the main central core of the plant, the entire factory will explode and anything in a ten block radius.

Arcturus: Boo's door will have to wait. If we don't put those fires out, the whole factory will blow sky high.

Sora: alright then. (Summons Keyblade) time to play firefighter!

The team then makes their way through, putting out fire and defeating Unversed. From above, the CDA was flying in helicopters and landing down to help with the fires. One of these places was another storage area where the boys proceeded to sky dive into it, and destroy an object holding a chest with a mini game. They soon made it to where larger fires were along with Unversed and Fire base Heartless were causing mayhem.

Sulley: this isn't good.

Donald: Sulley's right! We need a plan, and fast!

Goofy: (thinks of something) Sora! Arc! If you two can combine your water attacks, then they'll help us put out the fires!

Sora: right! And I got just the thing. (Triggers attraction) SPLASH RUN!

Arcturus: (twists gauntlet) DRIVE FORM, GUARDIAN!

Sora creates a water-base attraction while Arc's gorilla appears from the ground, roars and bangs it's chest, and changes Arc into his Guardian Form. Together, the two used their attacks to not only deal with the enemies, but put out the fires. Arcturus then switches to his Avalanche Defense and creates a massive wave that carried all the enemies, and in one big "wipe out," they were defeated.

Arcturus: (lands and reverts to normal) I always enjoy surfing.

Sora: nice!

With the enemies gone, the gang helped the CDA put out the last few fires.

Sulley: (to a CDA Officer) thank you! You did great.

CDA Officer: (salutes) yes, sir. We'll be on our way.

Sora: time to go.

Sora then received a new heart binder that was red with a lion's paw print on it; Pride Binder.

Before they could enter the factory, however, one of the containers begins to spark, and they quickly ran before it exploded and blocked their way.

Mike: oh, great. This time we're really stuck.

Sora: Sulley, have you got any ideas?

Sulley: just give me a second.

While he was thinking, Boo ran ahead and came up with an idea.

Boo: Kitty! (Points to the pipe)

Sulley: (looks closer and realizes what she's thinking) if I'm right about that pipe... (smiles) yep, it's perfect. (Pats Boo's head) Boo, thank you! We gotta follow that pipe.

Mike: (confused) what?! Wait a sec. I thought we were going straight to the door vault. The only place that pipe leads is to the cooling tank! (Sighs) you sure you don't have a better idea?

Sulley: don't worry, Mike. Just trust me.

They went inside the pipe and found more Unversed. Like usual, the gang fought them for a while till they eventually defeated them. Sulley then heads over to the far back of the container to move aside a wall cover.

Sulley: I'm pretty sure Maintenance hasn't finished patching it up. (Removes it to reveal large hole) this way.

They waste no time following him, when Mike looks around to see where they were.

Mike: wait a second... It's the door vault!

Sulley: yep. What'd I tell ya?

Mike: (joking manner) sure, nice job, Sull. Seriously, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you actually ran the place.

Sulley: thanks, Mikey. (Beat) all right, it's not much farther.

They went further in the factory, destroying Unversed, finding chests and emblems, and kept going until they reached an area where the same pile of junk was before. They also saw an elevator that would take them back up to the main floor.

Sulley: (turns to the group) everybody look for Boo's door.

Randall: (enters and chuckles)

Sulley: (mad) Randall...

Mike: (mocking smile) didn't you learn your lesson with that pile-of-junk fiasco?

Randall: (smirks) oh, I learned a lot.

Randall then steps aside to reveal the junk pile again. Still not believing his crap, Mike smiles and walks over. Boo then notices the Unversed symbol showing, and hides behind Sulley. He sees this, and knew it's dangerous this time.

Sulley: wait, Mike. Something's different! (Gets Boo to safety while the others join Mike)

Mike: oh, please. It's just more junk.

They then hear Randall laughing. Mike was about to question him, when they saw black ooze leaking from the junk. It then takes appearance as a Unversed slime monster.

Sora: an Unversed!

Arcturus: a boss one!

Sulley: (lifts Mike up) Mike, time to reach down and let the scary out.

Mike: (smiles and gets his game face ready before being set down) oh, I'm ready, Sulley. I'm ready!

Randall: finally... This is exactly what I need to take over the company. But first, I am getting rid of you. Attack!

They fought the boss. It would charge in and ram into them. It would also create arms, small minor creatures, and would alter the environment. It took some time, but they eventually got it beat.

Randal: (angered) whyyy?!

Just when he thought it was over, a hand launches out and grabs him and absorbs Randall with the Unversed. They then see it change color to a white color, spikes began to form, and the symbol changes to Soulless.

Sulley: what now?

Arcturus: it's changed to a Soulless!

Donald: (sees something) Sora! Look!

Everyone looks to where Donald was looking at, and they saw an Organization member that was vibrating, and had glowing red eyes. They say nothing, but simply waved hi and then left in a dark corridor.

Arcturus: (growls) of course it's him.

Sora: Arc, we'll worry about it later!

Goofy: the Soulless is comin' in!

The gang then attacks. Even though it had the same attacks as the Unversed, it was stronger and faster than before, making its attacks more dangerous. It turned out to be a bigger threat then they anticipated, so Arc hand to push it and go Dragon King. He deals out his attacks and in the end, destroyed it. Arcturus reverts to normal and then collapses.

Sora: (helps him up) you okay?

Arcturus: (panting) yeah. I think I'm beginning to get the full hang of it. (Sees Randall) so, what do we do with him?

Mike: (sees a door) I think I know.

Later on, they got the door all set up and ready to put Randall in.

Mike: all right, and in ya go.

Boo: rawr!

Sulley: there's no place for you here anymore, Randall. Now we're in the business of making children laugh.

Boo: (laughs)

Randall: you think it's funny!?

Mike: hilarious! The more that you whine, the funnier it gets.

Randall growls in anger, but then sighs in defeat and walks back to the door.

Sulley: enjoy your extended vacation.

Randall: you clowns are gonna be sorry when I find my way back and finally take over this place! (Enters the door)

???: mama, that gator's in the house again!

???: are you kidding?! Oh, this time, he's in for it.

They then heard screaming and the sounds of a shovel being banged on. With that, they close the door.

Mike: (chuckles) so long! Smell ya later.

Sulley: and now we just need to do one last thing.

He's about to punch the door, when Sora gets an idea.

Sora: hang on! I have a way to lock him out.

They move away and Sora gets the Keyblade out. He points it at the door, and a keyhole appears. A beam of light fires at the keyhole, and a locking sound is heard before the hole fades, and the door vanished.

Donald: and that takes care of that.

Goofy: uh-huh.

Arcturus: right on! (Beat) now, about that door...

After some searching, they finally found the real door and climbed on the sides of it.

Sulley: okay, Boo. Time to go home. You must be tuckered out, but we'll play together real soon.

Suddenly, their door, along with another door, began to move back to the factory work floor. When they arrive, they see a member of the Organization removing his hood to reveal Vanitas wearing his mask.

Sora: who are you?

Vanitas: gotta say, that strange facade had me fooled at first, brother.

Sora: brother? (Thinks a bit) wait a sec... (remembers the dream worlds) you were at the cathedral! And you're one to call anyone strange.

Goofy: (to Donald) say, do we know this guy?

Donald: uhhh...

Vanitas: all of us haven't ever met in the flesh. I am Vanitas.

Arcturus: I thought I recognized that voice. Though, what's with the mask?

Vanitas: it's part of my trademark. I have to admit, that look suits you, Arcturus. Really shows what your gonna become.

Sora: this is the part where you spout some mumbo jumbo and disappear, right?

Vanitas: (walks over to a desk) this whole world was powered by scream. They converted the screams of human children into energy. (Picks up a container and walks back) and this company was what made it all happen. It's as rich a source of negative emotion as we'll ever find.

Arcturus: and with your little henchmen, it's your own farm for power.

Mike: (walks over) for the last time, we already stopped doing that!

Vanitas: did you? Then how do you explain all these containers of surplus scream? As the Sapphire Speedster put it, this facility was everything I could hope for. And I was lucky enough to find a pawn whose heart was darkened by thoughts of revenge.

Mike: you mean Randall.

Sulley: all Randall ever cared about was winning. And this guy took advantage of that weakness.

Vanitas: my heart is made of just one thing; negativity. And the Unversed collected enough screams and sadness from those children to reconstruct it.

Mike: (tires to walk over but Sulley grabs him) yeah, and the whole time they were trashing our company in the process!

Vanitas: but, even with all this negative emotion, my heart is still incomplete.

Clara: (scans him) Arc, something's wrong with him. His body's in a constant state of flux. Almost as if he's stuck in the border line of life and death.

Arcturus: (realizes something) he's dying. (All look at him) it's why you're here. All those screams are a pain killer for you. It's all that's keeping you alive!

Vanitas: (drops the container) you're definitely the brains of this bunch. You're correct. I need something else.

Th container then explodes like a rocket and flies around for a bit before landing at Sora's feet. He then turns around to see Vanitas pointing his Keyblade, Void Gear, at him.

Vanitas: the half of me that sleeps on...inside of your heart.

Sora and ???: Vanitas!

Arcturus: (turns to him) huh?

Vanitas: Ventus... (walks to Sora) what a strange place to slither off to... (reaches out to Sora's heart) you insignificant speck.

Sora: (pushes his hand away and steps back) what are you talking about?

Vanitas: oh, you wouldn't remember. When you were a little kid, you formed a special bond, with a boy named Ventus who joined with your heart.

Donald: Ven!

Goofy: is he sayin' that one of the missing Keyblade wielders is inside Sora's heart?

Sora: how is that possible?

Arcturus: in this line of work, everything's possible.

Vanitas: (grows a dark aura) correct there, Speedy. Now, you will return Ventus to me.

Sora then begins to feel a pain in his chest and collapses. He then looks up to see Arc, Donald and Goofy blocking his darkness off.

Sora: guys...

Goofy: the King told us about this. Ventus wasn't able to defeat Vanitas. They struck each other down, and then the King said that Ventus's heart never returned to him!

Arcturus: looks like this punk gave us a hit on where it went.

Donald: you're not gonna do that to Sora! No way!

Vanitas: stay out of this.

He then forced Goof and Donald aside, but Arc runs to him and holds the blade with his gauntlet and his eyes start glowing white.

Arcturus: if you think I'll let you and Cronos go anywhere near them, they you're asking for a death wish!

Vanitas: you've gotten stronger than when I last saw you in ALO. Though, Cronos and I agree that we're interested to see who will be left of you; the human, or the dragon.

Arcturus: I'm both.

Vanitas: (laughs) you really have no idea what's happening to you, do you? Take a look at your arm.

Arcturus looks at his gauntlet, and to his shock, he sees that his dragon arm was growing. Before, it only went up to his lower forearm, but under the sleeve, it was now moving to his elbow and  slowly going to his bicep.

Arcturus: (shocked) what? This is...spreading?

His shock was enough for Vanitas to knock him back and goes back to Sora.

Vanitas: (sees Ventus briefly) join your heart...with min!

He's about to stab him, but during their whole conversation, he didn't notice that Sulley and Mike had snuck up behind him, and Sulley then made his move.

Sulley: made you look.

Vanitas turns around, and Sulley uses his iconic roar to jump scare him enough for I'm to drop his Keyblade and Sulley grabs him.

Vanitas: (struggles) let me go!

Mike: over here, Sulley!

Mike had called in four doors and Sulley runs over and throws Vanitas into one. They then close that door before throwing into the next one, then the next, and after throwing it into the last one, they put it in the door shredder. Then then high five Boo and the gang walks over to them.

Sora: that was awesome!

Arcturus: and funny at the same time.

Donald: thank you!

Goofy: we owe ya.

Sulley: no, we should be thanking you. We never woulda managed to get Boo this far if you hadn't come along to help.

Mike: and finally, we found her door.

Sora: (crouches down to Boo) Boo, I know how excited you were to come play with Mike and Sulley. Sorry we dragged you into this.

Arcturus: but, you were very brave today. You helped us by being a big hero.

Donald: watch it! You're gonna scare her with those faces!

Sora: (a little mad) hey, you are way scarier.

Goofy: gawrsh, I think you're both scary.

Arcturus: girls, girls, you're all pretty!

Everyone couldn't help but laugh and smile at this.

Sulley: okay, Boo. Time to go.

Boo: (a little sad) Kitty...

Mike: we'll catch up soon, kid.

Boo: (looks at Donald) Mike Wazowski.

Mike: no, that's Donald, Boo.

Boo: (hugs Mike) Mike Wazowski.

Mike: (smiles and returns hug) better. I'll see ya, kid.

Before she goes home, the gang makes a few funny faces and she smiles and laughs. After she goes home, they went back to the main lobby to say goodbye.

Sora: sorry for all the headaches we caused.

Sulley: don't mention it. And actually, it was kinda nice havin' a little adventure for old times' sake.

Mike: yeah, the flying and falling—and hey, let's not do that paint thing again—but nothin' like running for our lives to get the heart pumping!

Arcturus: (chuckles) it's the best part about this job.

Donald: I had a great time.

Sora: Donald! All you did was complain!

Donald: I did not.

Goofy: (to Mike and Sulley) any chance that we can drop by again?

Mike: the door's always open.

Sulley: and maybe Boo can join us!

Arcturus: speaking of which, with Vanitas gone, the Unversed shouldn't be causing a lot more ruckus on the factory.

Sulley and Sora shake hands and they then began to leave.

Mike: for the record, I still get the most laughs!

Mike: happy exterminating!

Everyone: thank you!

They leave, and Sora receives a new key chain.

Happy Gear

When they go back to the FireFly, Arc takes off his jacket and gauntlet and rolls up his sleeve to see his arm.

Clara: what Vanitas said was true, Arc. This is spreading.

Arcturus's Thoughts: what's happening to me?

Author's note: we're about halfway with the original worlds.
My plan is that after San Fansoskyo, we're gonna change it p with how they save the Wayfinder trio and our Twilight Town gang.
Simba's the next summon. He'll show up later.
I thought it was funny that they brought back the people that hit Randall with a shovel before.
And Unversed and Soulless have merged. This will play as another factor with Cronos's plans in the future.
Vanitas makes an appearance. He'll be back, and most likely upset.
Arcturus has a new problem. His arm's changing, and it'll get worst before it gets better.

Next chapter: story book time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256 4 18
after the keyblade war the door to kingdom hearts is sealed shut. every keyblade in the universe and all the darkness is sealed away forever. the leg...
1.4K 15 14
This is a little something I've been thinking about. Essentially, this is just a book where you can ask questions about my characters from my stories...
957 30 26
as summer ends for Roxas and Xion, Sora and Kate wake up, ready to start their new adventure with Donald and Goofy, however, old enemies return, and...
15.5K 329 13
This is a continuation of Let Your Heart Speak Volumes [Izuku x Xion] (Kingdom Hearts). All rights reserved for the original owner, I just loved that...